Options

Way to drop the ball with the bootleg shipping

I ordered 2 shows on 12/14, got a message from the TenClub on 12/16 stating they shipped.
Still no Boots. So I sent a message to them about it to see if it could be tracked. The response was:
Hi,
Bootleg CD's are shipped directly from Nugs.net.
Please contact orders@nugs.net regarding your order.
10c

So I forwarded the message to nugs.net and the response was:
Thank you for your inquiry. Due to a large volume of emails, it is taking longer than usual to respond to each request. Someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
Please be advised: if you are inquiring about a CD order where you received a confirmation email from 10club but NOT from orders@nugs.net, your order has not yet shipped. The 10club emails were a result of a software update, and your order will be shipping next week. Thank you for your patience,

nugs.net

So an order I placed on 12/14 and told shipped on 12/16 actually hasn't shipped, 10club doesn't want to be bothered with the questions about the shipping of the boots, and nugs blames 10club for a false email.

This is pretty ridiculous.

Comments

• Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    Agreed. I ordered CDs from them around the 18th... No communication.

Nugs also messed up one of my Massachusetts CDs (recorded disc two on a disc that was noted disc one... Am missing disc one essentially...). I've written Nugs about it...Zero response.

Very upsetting. Hope 10C can sort this out.
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,236
    You guys sound surprised the shipping sucks? Where have you been?
    Lol
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    Yea. Nugs is too busy to busy to respond. I'm pretty sure I wont be buying any more bootlegs from them.

Great customer service. At least you got a response to your email...
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,890
    Agreed. Nugs customer service has left a lot to be desired. We were really spoiled with Kufala.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    JG49071JG49071 Posts: 77
    10club needs to step up and take control of this.
  • Options
    JG49071 said:

10club needs to step up and take control of this.

That would just make it slower. Then everything has to go Nugs>10C>customer. 10C doesnt have the facilities to manufacture bootlegs. Nugs better start telling customers when to expect shipment and stick to it or they are just asking for volumes of emails from disappointed customers.

Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    i miss u Brady....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

i miss u Brady....

+1

• Options

i miss u Brady....

My old roommate. :(

Run for it, Marty.
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    you should get a download with every cd order cant see why we cant i personally think its pathetic we wait for ages for delivery we got lb free download when ordering album
    danny d
  • Options
    Same issue. Purchased both Philly shows on the 13th....no response or shipping info. I was going to buy Baltimore but if I have to wait another month I'll just buy it on eBay.
  • Options
    JG49071 said:

10club doesn't want to be bothered

Fixed it
  • Options
    danny said:

you should get a download with every cd order

But maybe they can sell you the digital copy too if the physical one takes too long to get there

<:-P
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    edited January 2014
    Actually, it says pretty clearly when buying the bootlegs, to contact Nugs with any issues. They are the ones that make and ship the CD's.

Not that this does not mean someone at 10c should look into this. I'm still waiting on 4 bootlegs, but I also planned on waiting until after the holiday weeks to contact Nugs as well.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668

Actually, it says pretty clearly when buying the bootlegs, to contact Nugs with any issues. They are the ones that make and ship the CD's.

Not that this does not mean someone at 10c should look into this. I'm still waiting on 4 bootlegs, but I also planned on waiting until after the holiday weeks to contact Nugs as well.

I hear you, but like you said 10C should definitely be getting involved here because this goes beyond just an individual one off issue.... It is a "system wide" issue and communication on exactly what is going on should be volunteered, not begged for.
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    I have been simply downloading the mp3s...they sound great,,is the difference of the physical cd worth the wait?
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    Holidays guys - perhaps staff are off for a few weeks huh? Demanding group round' here! :-w
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Holidays guys - perhaps staff are off for a few weeks huh? Demanding group round' here! :-w

That's fine, but you can't just disappear as a business for weeks because of the holidays. Either tell your customers when they're ordering that you're closed for the holidays or give them the service they expect. If I just stopped responding to clients because of the holidays without notifying them I wouldn't be in business next holiday season.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884

That's fine, but you can't just disappear as a business for weeks because of the holidays. Either tell your customers when they're ordering that you're closed for the holidays or give them the service they expect. If I just stopped responding to clients because of the holidays without notifying them I wouldn't be in business next holiday season.
    exactly, just a quick email or post on thier website from Nugs saying shipping is closed for the holidays would have worked
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Could always contact http://www.bbb.org/council/ and see where that gets you.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    Businesses that fail to manage their customers' expectations tend to fail entirely. Holidays or not, they have a responsibility as a business to let its customers know the status of their purchases. Even if it's bad news, I'd prefer to know... At least they'd be managing my expectations.
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668

If that is the case they would have known ahead of time. Really no big deal to post a message of such so expectations are proper? I hardly see that as demanding.

• Options
    ckravitz said:

If that is the case they would have known ahead of time. Really no big deal to post a message of such so expectations are proper? I hardly see that as demanding.

Hmmm, poor verb choice. Let's try that again. Sounds like a group bent on some action and satisfaction, NOW, around here. :-*
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    Was someone available to post new products for sale and process new payments during their holiday? Why is it so crazy to think they should be providing shipping and customer service during that same period?

• Options

Hmmm, poor verb choice. Let's try that again. Sounds like a group bent on some action and satisfaction, NOW, around here. :-*

it's not like people are lining up with pitchforks outside the Nugs warehouse. we're just talking. no one here is going to die without their bootlegs, but it's bad business to take a customer's money and then leave them hanging.

i know, so demanding and unreasonable...

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

Then don't put them up for sale.

(Then there'd be threads on why they aren't for sale

;) )

But does anyone communicate anything anymore? A simple, hey your order will be shipped after the holidays. People have emails saying the things have shipped and can't get answers from anyone.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    courtmcccourtmcc South Jersey Posts: 1,143
    I bought the Philly 2nd on 12/18. I still haven't received an email saying they have shipped. My friend also bought Moonlander at the end of November and it still hasn't arrived. We live in Jersey. It's bull.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Pretty sad 10c!
  • Options
    Haywood YablomeeHaywood Yablomee Posts: 608
    edited January 2014
    Someone actually bought Moonlander... =))
    Post edited by Haywood Yablomee on