The "Grinds My Gears" thread...

Comments

• mca47 wrote:
    Mixing is only a problem with newbs or freshman in college. :lol:
    Having a solid food base before the drink will save you every time.
    Alcohol decreases your blood sugar level. If you have low free glucose in your system prior to partaking...you are in a world of hurt. Not only are you fighting the aldehyde resulting from the metabolism of booze (which causes that awful feeling), but low blood sugars will make you feel like death!
    Late night pizza places profit off this simple biochemical phenomenon. :lol:
    plus alcohol is a diuretic, so you get dehydrated as well. which also makes you piss sludge and feel like death.

late night pizza is great, but i stopped eating late when i was cutting this weight and have never really been able to eat before bed since then. in grad school there was this place called la bamba that served "burritos as big as your head". it was right next to the bars we used to frequent and everyone would go to la bamba when the bars closed and eat a big ass burrito. that certainly lessened some hangovers for me. that place made a killing. i should open one and put it on washington ave in st louis.... :think: :think:
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I here ya. But even a trained professional like myself gets sicker than all hell when I mix 5-6 different beverages.

For me its easy.
    12-20 beers and a half a bottle of jaeger.

Im good.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    yeah that was just asking for trouble last night... :fp:

i am the same way, i normally just drink 6-20 beers depending on what i am doing. if at a bar closer to 6 or 7, all day concert or float trip, easily 20. i will normally supplement with some shots of something and i am all good, and no hangover or very very small one. add wine to the mix and i am gonna be fucked for sure.
    Yeah, in college I could drink beer like nobody's business. My roommate and I would knock off a 30 pack some nights when it was cold out and we didn't want to go to the bars. Other nights it was beer all afternoon, beer at the bars, beer at after hours, then maybe go home when the sun came up.

Now, 8 or so years later...I'll have a beer or two and have a couple gin and tonics....with a shot of whiskey here and there. I have no idea how I was able to consume so much beer!!! :shock: Just can't drink that volume anymore....
    mca47 wrote:
    Mixing is only a problem with newbs or freshman in college. :lol:
    Having a solid food base before the drink will save you every time.
    Alcohol decreases your blood sugar level. If you have low free glucose in your system prior to partaking...you are in a world of hurt. Not only are you fighting the aldehyde resulting from the metabolism of booze (which causes that awful feeling), but low blood sugars will make you feel like death!
    Late night pizza places profit off this simple biochemical phenomenon. :lol:
    plus alcohol is a diuretic, so you get dehydrated as well. which also makes you piss sludge and feel like death.

late night pizza is great, but i stopped eating late when i was cutting this weight and have never really been able to eat before bed since then. in grad school there was this place called la bamba that served "burritos as big as your head". it was right next to the bars we used to frequent and everyone would go to la bamba when the bars closed and eat a big ass burrito. that certainly lessened some hangovers for me. that place made a killing. i should open one and put it on washington ave in st louis.... :think: :think:
    Drunken food was fantastic in college. The most disgusting, awful pizza....or burritos or whatever....oh man!
    At 2 AM...after a night of drunken craziness.....it's all good! :lol:
  • mca47 wrote:
    Yeah, in college I could drink beer like nobody's business. My roommate and I would knock off a 30 pack some nights when it was cold out and we didn't want to go to the bars. Other nights it was beer all afternoon, beer at the bars, beer at after hours, then maybe go home when the sun came up.

Now, 8 or so years later...I'll have a beer or two and have a couple gin and tonics....with a shot of whiskey here and there. I have no idea how I was able to consume so much beer!!! :shock: Just can't drink that volume anymore....
    well back then in college you were conditioned to be able to drink that much. when i was in college we would go out at least 4 of the 7 nights a week and just pound beers like they were going out of style. now that i am in the real world, i hardly drink. maybe one night ever 2 weeks or so, or i will drink at my shows, so when i tie one on like last night and this past saturday i can't deal with the hangovers like i used to.

i remember killing 30 packs with my room mate ha ha...

• mca47 wrote:
    Drunken food was fantastic in college. The most disgusting, awful pizza....or burritos or whatever....oh man!
    oh yeah, i ate stuff that i would never eat sober. like white castles. plus it was always cheep in the college towns. we lived for the 2 for $2 at hardees, or if someone was sober enough to drive we would hit up taco bell or something. we rarely ordered pizza because we did not want to have to wait for it. people have passed out waiting for late night pizza :fp: which also, coincidently, always ground my gears...

• mca47 wrote:
    oh yeah, i ate stuff that i would never eat sober. like white castles. plus it was always cheep in the college towns. we lived for the 2 for $2 at hardees, or if someone was sober enough to drive we would hit up taco bell or something. we rarely ordered pizza because we did not want to have to wait for it. people have passed out waiting for late night pizza :fp: which also, coincidently, always ground my gears...

I can remember one really late night eating a foul burrito from 7-11. We normally got better food, but this particular night was a late one... we were forced to settle.

I had gotten half way through the burrito and wasn't really digging it. I turned it over and... yup... my last bight was right through a big, burrito length, patch of blue mold.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Cold showers.

They grind my gears. Getting into the shower, finding out it's luke warm, realizing you only got a minute or two before it's ice cold.

Who can shower in a minute or two? Freezing your nuts off in a cold shower is not fun. At all.
  • Cold showers.

They grind my gears. Getting into the shower, finding out it's luke warm, realizing you only got a minute or two before it's ice cold.

Who can shower in a minute or two? Freezing your nuts off in a cold shower is not fun. At all.

i will add to this, weak showers. i need a shower that is powerful enough to knock me on my ass in the morning. nothing worse than a cold, weak shower.

• weather people grind my gears. we were supposed to be in the throes of a terrible winter storm last night before 9:00 pm. my band had a show. a lot of bars and restaurants closed on the threat of snow. those that stayed open canceled their bands. and the bars that stayed open were dead. we ended up playing our show to a 3/4 empty venue. at 9:00, our show time, it was still 42 degrees. i got home at 2:30 am and it was just getting to the freezing point and light rain started about then. as a result, our news media scared the shit out of the entire metro area. small businesses and bars were hurt by this threat. service people like bartenders and servers lost their biggest pay night of the week. bands lost their gigs and their paycheck, all on the threat of snow. the snow did not start until about 7 am, which is about 12 hours after it was predicted to begin. as a result, a lot of people got fucked out of a lot of money last night. if you are going to predict a megasnowstorm, at least be in the ballpark about when it is supposed to hit. 12 hours is not the same ballpark, its not the same league, and it is barely even the same sport. one thing is certain, our local weather people are very good at scaring the shit out of the entire metro area, and they are right about 65% of the time. local weather people not only grind my gears, but they severely piss me off. it is like they tried to scare everyone and manipulate them into staying home when the threat was not due to hit until sunday morning...assholes...

• peope who never show up to their appointments on time really piss me off.

• AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    Weak, cold showers grinds my gear as well (but I'm not really sure what it means..)

It was a shame about your show, too bad. Must be cool to play in a band though..
  • If there is a god, how could he take Bob Ross from us at the young age of 52? God grinds my damned gears.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Annafalk said:

Weak, cold showers grinds my gear as well (but I'm not really sure what it means..)

It was a shame about your show, too bad. Must be cool to play in a band though..

thank you! yes it has its moments sometimes :)

• If there is a god, how could he take Bob Ross from us at the young age of 52? God grinds my damned gears.

yeah JP, god pretty much grinds my gears too... assuming there is a god, of course...

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    This new fucking forum fucking grinds my fucking gears.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mine too. i think it grinds everybody's gears.

• it grinds my gears when i go to the car dealer for what was supposed to be an oil change, car wash, and state inspection that was to cost $60 and take 1.5 hours. in reality, it turned into an oil change, inspection, brake fluid change, tire rotation, cabin air and engine air filter change, and a few other things. took 3.5 hours and cost $360. fuck my life.... that ruined my whole saturday. :(

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,781

it grinds my gears when i go to the car dealer for what was supposed to be an oil change, car wash, and state inspection that was to cost $60 and take 1.5 hours. in reality, it turned into an oil change, inspection, brake fluid change, tire rotation, cabin air and engine air filter change, and a few other things. took 3.5 hours and cost $360. fuck my life.... that ruined my whole saturday. :(

cabin air and engine air filters are easy installs. Cheaper parts if you buy it your self too. Youtube is awesome for that shit. Other stuff, yeah. Never heard of brake fluid change before? Always just add.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    New trucks, getting bonus, These are the kinds of things that grind my gears. but its ok, I can take it!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

it grinds my gears when i go to the car dealer for what was supposed to be an oil change, car wash, and state inspection that was to cost $60 and take 1.5 hours. in reality, it turned into an oil change, inspection, brake fluid change, tire rotation, cabin air and engine air filter change, and a few other things. took 3.5 hours and cost $360. fuck my life.... that ruined my whole saturday. :(

Yeah, took my car for an oil change today. Dude tried to sell me fn everything! My car only has 16k miles and he was trying to sell me fn everything. Ugh!
    He goes "You really need a new air filter..." I ask how much and he tells me $30. I'm like "they are like $5 at a car part store and take 30 seconds to replace....c'mon dude!" He then tried to sell me wiper blades. Yeah, they do need to be replaced...again...fn cheap and easy to do on my own....and it doesn't rain here!! He then went on and I told him "stop...I just want oil." Hahahahaha....then...he tried to down sell me to a blend! I say "I want 100% synthetic as that's all I've ever put in my car..." He goes "well, blends work better in colder temps". I'm like "it's Arizona and it's 75 out!" Ugh!

Get home and notice there was a greasy hand print on my seat! What the fuck!!!!!! Ugh!
    I was tempted to drive it back and say "clean that shit off or pay me to get it detailed" but figured it would be like talking to a 5 year old. Cleaned it myself...hopefully it all cleaned up! Fuckers!
    mca47 said:

Yeah, took my car for an oil change today. Dude tried to sell me fn everything! My car only has 16k miles and he was trying to sell me fn everything. Ugh!
    He goes "You really need a new air filter..." I ask how much and he tells me $30. I'm like "they are like $5 at a car part store and take 30 seconds to replace....c'mon dude!" He then tried to sell me wiper blades. Yeah, they do need to be replaced...again...fn cheap and easy to do on my own....and it doesn't rain here!! He then went on and I told him "stop...I just want oil." Hahahahaha....then...he tried to down sell me to a blend! I say "I want 100% synthetic as that's all I've ever put in my car..." He goes "well, blends work better in colder temps". I'm like "it's Arizona and it's 75 out!" Ugh!

Get home and notice there was a greasy hand print on my seat! What the fuck!!!!!! Ugh!
    I was tempted to drive it back and say "clean that shit off or pay me to get it detailed" but figured it would be like talking to a 5 year old. Cleaned it myself...hopefully it all cleaned up! Fuckers!
    did you take a pic? You should call them up to let them know at least the service manager.

No, didn't even think of that. Just started cleaning it....
    I think I need to get some upholstery cleaner....can still see the fingerprints. Fuckers!
    well you can take a pic of whats left and definitely tell the service manager this. Not good for business. If the service manager doesnt seem to care take that up the chain. I assume you bought the car there too?

• guitar maintenance grinds my f'ing gears!!!

i have been working on guitars for 20 years but this situation is perplexing to me. i have an old electric acoustic guitar that is the one i do most of my writing on. i have had it for probably 17 years. every once in awhile, the nut that holds the input jack into the input hole comes off and the input jack goes up inside the guitar. i took care of this a few years ago when i superglued the nut onto the input jack. or so i thought. this past weekend i was playing and i unplugged the guitar from the amp and the nut came off and the jack went up inside again. i had to cut all of the strings off and take a coat hanger, straighten it all out, thread the input with the hanger, and stick my big ass hand into the sound hole and thread the hanger and input through the hole and screw the washer and nut onto it. it took over 2 hours to do this whole process. it had been ok until tonight when that damn nut came off again. so another 90 minutes wasted and i ended up having to restring the thing. i superglued the shit out of it just now. if this does not work, i am gonna break it. i need an excuse to get a nice acoustic. redoing repairs i did 4 days ago really, really, grinds my gears....

• also, low census time really grinds my gears. i got a call 2 hours ago telling me to take the rest of the week off. unpaid. this is bullshit because if they knew they were going to do this they could have given me a few days notice so that i can plan something like a roadtrip or something. or i could have a contractor come over and give me a bid for a new shed or a new awning over my back porch. but i don't even have time to do that stuff now since tomorrow is already wednesday...... grrrrrr...

• lastly, people who do not answer their damn texts and pms!!!!

i have been working on guitars for 20 years but this situation is perplexing to me. i have an old electric acoustic guitar that is the one i do most of my writing on. i have had it for probably 17 years. every once in awhile, the nut that holds the input jack into the input hole comes off and the input jack goes up inside the guitar. i took care of this a few years ago when i superglued the nut onto the input jack. or so i thought. this past weekend i was playing and i unplugged the guitar from the amp and the nut came off and the jack went up inside again. i had to cut all of the strings off and take a coat hanger, straighten it all out, thread the input with the hanger, and stick my big ass hand into the sound hole and thread the hanger and input through the hole and screw the washer and nut onto it. it took over 2 hours to do this whole process. it had been ok until tonight when that damn nut came off again. so another 90 minutes wasted and i ended up having to restring the thing. i superglued the shit out of it just now. if this does not work, i am gonna break it. i need an excuse to get a nice acoustic. redoing repairs i did 4 days ago really, really, grinds my gears....

You might wanna go Jimi Hendrix on this guitar and teach it a lesson with some lighter fluid and flame.

You might wanna go Jimi Hendrix on this guitar and teach it a lesson with some lighter fluid and flame.
    oh i will do ya one better. i will light it on fire and run over it with my car!!!!!!!!!

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    People who say that smoking weed everyday is good for them.

http://www.actmissouri.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/MarijuanaResolution14.pdf
    www.cluthelee.com
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Trying to log on to this web site, and getting a message that I can't log on because of the high volume. New and improved, my ass.
    ELITIST FUK