The "Grinds My Gears" thread...

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    It was much worse back in the day when pizza joints would use real cheese ... the kind where you could loop a ten-foot long string of cheese around your fork before it would break off. Not only would you burn your mouth, the moltan cheese would stretch down your chin and neck when you threw it back on your plate while desperately reaching for your can of pop.

The burning pizza issue is why to this day I eat my pizza with a knife and fork ... even though 95% of pizza cheese is now fake.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Jason P wrote:
    It was much worse back in the day when pizza joints would use real cheese ... the kind where you could loop a ten-foot long string of cheese around your fork before it would break off. Not only would you burn your mouth, the moltan cheese would stretch down your chin and neck when you threw it back on your plate while desperately reaching for your can of pop.

The burning pizza issue is why to this day I eat my pizza with a knife and fork ... even though 95% of pizza cheese is now fake.
    I remember a couple times as a kid damn near choking on the super gooey cheese. Just kept stuffing it in, hoping it would break off. :lol:
    But yeah, you can't find real mottz unless you go to a quality joint.
    Most places use that super dried out, overly salty "mottz". Bleh!
    When making homemade I usually make my own mottz. Otherwise I buy the real stuff floating in brine from the Italian grocer. Only way to go.
  • Jason P wrote:

Oil... made to look like cheese... kinda grinds my gears.

I never buy pizza from pizza chains. We have two authentic Italian pizzerias in town that I frequent. More expensive, but man is it worth it. You can smell the dough when you walk into both of them. The one features the mom as the hostess, daughter as the waitress, dad and uncle as the cooks. When the drinks come to the table, no two glasses are alike. It's awesome.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    coworkers that loudly eat their lunch in the cubicle next to you... *slurp* :evil: :evil:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • FrankieG wrote:
    coworkers that loudly eat their lunch in the cubicle next to you... *slurp* :evil: :evil:

It's as if some people have never learned to eat.

Some people smack their lips too. They can be looking right at you, smacking away, and have no idea that they sound like a freaking baboon.
  • it really grinds my gears when my boss calls in sick. he is a physician. we have all of these people who were scheduled to return today to review mris and x rays and ct scans. i have to call all of them and try to explain in layman's terms what the results are and the potential plan of care. its a mega pain in the ass. it is so much easier to be able to show them the images and explain from there. :fp:
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Jason P wrote:

i sometimes eat mine with knife and fork too. at least the first slice or two until it cools off. seems so weird to do that though. like eating the snickers bar with a knife and fork.

i sometimes eat mine with knife and fork too. at least the first slice or two until it cools off. seems so weird to do that though. like eating the snickers bar with a knife and fork.
    Some consider me a trendsetter .... 8-)
    FrankieG wrote:

It's as if some people have never learned to eat.

Some people smack their lips too. They can be looking right at you, smacking away, and have no idea that they sound like a freaking baboon.
    Yeah, bad table manners drives me nuts too.
    Fat people on planes
    Muffins
    Sticky crumbs
    People chomping on chips
    People who try to eat chips quietly...the "slow crunch"
    People who eat in their cars
    Old people at airports
    People who back in to parking spots
    People who take their shoes off on a plane
    People who don't understand personal space
    People who pick out all the good stuff in a snack mix
    People who wipe their hands on their pants while eating
    Sick people on planes
    People who take their dog everywhere and treat it like a little baby
    Anything sticky
    Babies on planes
    People who bring stinky food on planes
    People who wear too much perfume/cologne
    Cheap people
    People,who while listening to headphones/earbuds, do the rapper arm/hand movements and dance/bob their head in public.
    People/kids who bring skateboards on planes
    People who talk in a different voice to their pets
    Fat chicks in yoga pants
    :x

Just a few off the top of my head....

:lol:
  • mca47 wrote:

This guy shares the same issue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd5dYQHoZS0
  • mca47 wrote:
    i have been guilty of this...

:fp:

mca47 wrote:
    Fat people on planes
    Muffins
    Sticky crumbs
    People chomping on chips
    Old people at airports
    Sick people on planes
    Anything sticky
    Babies on planes
    Cheap people
    People,who while listening to headphones/earbuds, do the rapper arm/hand movements and dance/bob their head in public.
    Fat chicks in yoga pants

Simply stating "people" will suffice. ;):lol:
    mca47 wrote:

:x :fp:

Jason P wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Fat people on planes
    Muffins
    Sticky crumbs
    People chomping on chips
    Old people at airports
    Sick people on planes
    Anything sticky
    Babies on planes
    Cheap people
    Fat chicks in yoga pants

Simply stating "people" will suffice. ;):lol:
    Good point.

People
    Sticky muffin crumbs

There!

• mca47 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

:x :fp:

:oops: :oops:

• SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    I got a lot, but today's number one pick is: people who are too lazy to return the shopping carts to the store or the shopping cart corral, and just leave the cart right in an empty parking space. :x
    ELITIST FUK
    People in front of you that buy lotto tickets with pennies and nickels.

The government for luring poor people with false hopes into using their last pennies and nickels to play the dumbest form of gambling known to man.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,633
    Waiting patiently for a parking space only to have someone zip in front of you and take it. Happened just the other day.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux wrote:
    Waiting patiently for a parking space only to have someone zip in front of you and take it. Happened just the other day.
    oh man, that's HATEFUL!!

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,633
    brianlux wrote:
    oh man, that's HATEFUL!!

It grinds my gears, that's for sure! :x :lol:

How about inhaling soda pop down your windpipe? Oh, now that really grinds my gears!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

People that drive 10 MPH under the speed limit in no passing zones and then speed up when there is a chance to pass only to slow back down again in the next no passing zone.
  • people who use 100 different coupons at the grocery store and then have the nerve to write a fucking check :fp:
    Also, assholes who will drive in two lanes (one regular lane and one merge lane) to prevent anyone from merging from the right or passing on the left.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,187
    People who start those GA LINE UP LIST :P :P besides that nothing bothers me at all ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Is this the airing of the grievances part of Festivus?
    ELITIST FUK
  • SD48277 wrote:
    kind of, i actually almost named this thread "the airing of grievances", but i thought that could get a little heavy. "grinds my gears" is a lighter hearted version of airing of grievances i guess. :lol::lol:

SD48277 wrote:
    kind of, i actually almost named this thread "the airing of grievances", but i thought that could get a little heavy. "grinds my gears" is a lighter hearted version of airing of grievances i guess. :lol::lol:
    :lol::lol: Nice!

In the spirit up Festivus, to add to he.who.forgets' post: Drivers who do not know how to merge. It's not that difficult, people. Also, "yield" means to yield to oncoming traffic; not, speed up so you can cut them off and almost cause an accident. Jackass.
    ELITIST FUK
  • SD48277 wrote:
    SD48277 wrote:
    :lol::lol: Nice!

In the spirit up Festivus, to add to he.who.forgets' post: Drivers who do not know how to merge. It's not that difficult, people. Also, "yield" means to yield to oncoming traffic; not, speed up so you can cut them off and almost cause an accident. Jackass.

I think the 'yielding' aspect to driving is one that many simply cannot understand.

I think they think that sign means, "Oh. Oh you mean those other people are going to yield for me so I can enter the highway!"

I drive past an entranceway that gives me grief daily on my way to work. Soon... very soon... I may just loooose it.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,781
    what grinds my gears is not trying for the next up or down gear in enough time and losing too much speed to get it in. Oh yeah, what also grinds my gears is trying to go into the high side at low side speeds!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,065
    Very bad ice storm! No power or heat! This really blows! Downed power lines and trees......fun shit!

This sounds pretty fun for sure.

Throw in a shitty ice scraper and you are fooked.

Still no fucking power. Staying with various friends and family. Now starting to worry about pipes freezing. Left some faucets open a little. This is far from over. :fp:
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit