The "Grinds My Gears" thread...

gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,080
edited January 2014 in All Encompassing Trip
grinds-my-gears1.jpg?w=307&h=231

you know what really grinds my gears?

biting into a piece of thin crust, "st louis style" pizza and not only does it burn the roof of my mouth to the point of blistering, but it also burns my tongue, and the inside of one of my cheeks. i haven't been able to taste anything for 3 days. unfortunately that is the only kind of pizza that is readily available in this god forsaken town. i mean, it is not really pizza is it? it is pretty much cheese and pepperoni on a crispy cracker.

what grinds your gears?
"You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    You know what really grinds my gears?

Sand.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • grinds-my-gears1.jpg?w=307&h=231

biting into a piece of thin crust, "st louis style" pizza and not only does it burn the roof of my mouth to the point of blistering, but it also burns my tongue, and the inside of one of my cheeks. i haven't been able to taste anything for 3 days. unfortunately that is the only kind of pizza that is readily available in this god forsaken town. i mean, it is not really pizza is it? it is pretty much cheese and pepperoni on a crispy cracker.

what grinds your gears?
    :lol:

The worst part of this scenario is the fact that you can't stop eating it even though the sauce feels like molten lava. Chewing and blowing out hot air at the same time!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    BinFrog wrote:
    You know what really grinds my gears?

Sand.
    and your bearings
    bearings take a real beating in sand
    ask off road dirt bike riders who play around in sand

i'll have to think about this for a moment
    be back in a bit
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

what grinds your gears?

The worst part of this scenario is the fact that you can't stop eating it even though the sauce feels like molten lava. Chewing and blowing out hot air at the same time!
    exactly!! molton lava is the perfect description. it is just sooo good though... the worst part is i never, ever learn. i will probably order one later this week.. :fp:

nothing like accidently touching the burnt, blistered roof of your mouth with a slightly less torched tongue though...

what grinds your gears?
    I found that waiting 5 minutes before biting lessens the odds of this. :lol:

what grinds your gears?
    I found that waiting 5 minutes before biting lessens the odds of this. :lol:
    touche'...

i mean come on though, the crust is a cracker. there is not enough mass there to continue to hold that kind of heat for more than a minute or two...

st louis style pizza is the scrawny 90 lb nerd of the pizza world...

what grinds your gears?

exactly!! molton lava is the perfect description. it is just sooo good though... the worst part is i never, ever learn. i will probably order one later this week.. :fp:

nothing like accidently touching the burnt, blistered roof of your mouth with a slightly less torched tongue though...

After heating a hot pizza, I can literally take my thumb and pull off the loose skin shards hanging from the top of my mouth.

The suggestion was made to wait, but my hunger and instincts take over: I feel compelled to dive in lest I miss out on a piece.
  • After heating a hot pizza, I can literally take my thumb and pull off the loose skin shards hanging from the top of my mouth.

The suggestion was made to wait, but my hunger and instincts take over: I feel compelled to dive in lest I miss out on a piece.
    oh yeah totally. i am too impulsive sometimes. especially when it comes to eating. i just can never wait the extra 5 minutes... it is like i go all Fat Bastard and say "get in my belly" and shovel it in haha...

• know what else grinds my gears???

being teased by fake toys like this one...

tumblr_msd3t1UOme1rsnmqfo1_500.jpg

:x

burnt mouth... not a pleasant experience. the first moment is the worst. bubbling cheese on pizza is a very nasty cold hearted super-hero. i suggest calling...wait

just ship me the heated remainder
    allow 1-2 hours delivery

i like:
    italian sausage, b. olives, mushrooms
    or
    pepperoni - thin crust ... one of the best pizzas ever built

what grinds my gears:
    breaking ice scrapers

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • I can remember as a kid the toys never quite came out of the package the way they looked on the box.

That used to tick me off a little.

Thinking back... I made some terrible models in my time.
  • chadwick wrote:
    burnt mouth... not a pleasant experience. the first moment is the worst. bubbling cheese on pizza is a very nasty cold hearted super-hero. i suggest calling...wait

just ship me the heated remainder
    allow 1-2 hours delivery

i like:
    italian sausage, b. olives, mushrooms
    or
    pepperoni - thin crust ... one of the best pizzas ever built

what grinds my gears:
    breaking ice scrapers
    i agree with everything you said here :lol:

nothing worse than that "FML"moment when you have a half windshield left to scrape and you break the scraper :fp:

so far this winter i have broken in half two ice scrapers. this morning was the most recent & some weeks ago was the first broken ice scraper of the 2013/14 snowing/icing season.

i really desire a very durable ice scraper. what gives? it is a common fact that i am a bit hard on things.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • I can remember as a kid the toys never quite came out of the package the way they looked on the box.

That used to tick me off a little.

Thinking back... I made some terrible models in my time.
    oh totally. i remember i got a voltron toy as a kid that looked nothing like the one on the box. i was a little let down.

i remember the first "glue together" model i ever put together as a kid. i was like 7. it was a p-47 thunderbolt that my dad bought me at an airshow. i had no idea how fast the glue comes out of the tube. i nearly stuck my fingers together. and i got a lot of glue dried all over the wings and fuselage. it was probably the most jank ass p-47 ever built .. :lol: :oops:

idea!

quick
    grab the fire
    melt ice & snow from glass

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:
    idea!

quick
    grab the fire
    now you're talking. good luck with that!

chadwick wrote:
    idea!

grab the fire

quick, speaking of grinding gears

if i'm ever in st. louis
    & it is winter time
    & we are having a winter storm
    & if i use fire to melt the ice & snow from the glass on my car
    & if i get injured

im going to your hospital or clinic where you work

goodnight

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Jason78Jason78 Posts: 400
    Allow me to get geek on you; Actually thin crust IS pizza. I use to work as a chef in Italy and that's the way it is although in some regions they call, what we would call foccacia, pizza……but then pizza is still pizza. It's confusing. Thin crust IMHO is the best when done right. It sounds like your town grinds your gears more then the "pizza".
    ….And for the "sand" comment….I'm guessing you have a vagina?
  • chadwick wrote:
    so far this winter i have broken in half two ice scrapers. this morning was the most recent & some weeks ago was the first broken ice scraper of the 2013/14 snowing/icing season.

i really desire a very durable ice scraper. what gives? it is a common fact that i am a bit hard on things.

I've been using a jewel case from one of my cds. My ice scraper went missing and I keep forgetting to buy another one.
  • Here's one:

I bought a remote starter for my vehicle- can't stand sitting in my car and waiting 5 minutes for it to get warm anymore. I got a 'good one' too. First day, bragging my ass off about it, I used the old remote... waited about 5 minutes in my office... and went out to my car to find it never started.

Fuks sakes.

Turns out the range isn't 3000 feet. It's 30 feet. And when it does start... the doors are unlocked.

Taking the vehicle back tomorrow for reconfiguring.
  • Here's another:

No shit. It's not like I travel a ton, but my luggage has been lost on three separate occasions.

Luggage belt goes round and round until everybody's gone. Then... standing there like a moron looking at the empty belt... I go to the bowels of the airport to report lost luggage. They're really helpful there :roll: .

The last time it happened, the 'Griswolds' (wife, two children, and myself) went to Disneyland in our travelling gear- not having our suitcases. Massive blister between my big toe and second toe from flip flops served as a constant reminder of the gear we arrived without.
  • chadwick wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    idea!

grab the fire

quick, speaking of grinding gears

if i'm ever in st. louis
    & it is winter time
    & we are having a winter storm
    & if i use fire to melt the ice & snow from the glass on my car
    & if i get injured

im going to your hospital or clinic where you work

goodnight
    sounds good man. but just a warning, my office is in belleville, il, which is exactly 33 miles from my house. as long as it is not life threatening you can come to my clinic and we will get ya taken care of :)

have a good night.

• Jason78 wrote:
    Allow me to get geek on you; Actually thin crust IS pizza. I use to work as a chef in Italy and that's the way it is although in some regions they call, what we would call foccacia, pizza……but then pizza is still pizza. It's confusing. Thin crust IMHO is the best when done right. It sounds like your town grinds your gears more then the "pizza".
    ….And for the "sand" comment….I'm guessing you have a vagina?
    wow, i had no idea. thanks for the info :)

i thought new york style pizza was closer to what i would consider pizza. at the end of the day, all of it is pretty good though.

yeah my town does grind my gears, pretty bad actually, but it has its cool moments too.

• Here's one:

I bought a remote starter for my vehicle- can't stand sitting in my car and waiting 5 minutes for it to get warm anymore. I got a 'good one' too. First day, bragging my ass off about it, I used the old remote... waited about 5 minutes in my office... and went out to my car to find it never started.

Fuks sakes.

Turns out the range isn't 3000 feet. It's 30 feet. And when it does start... the doors are unlocked.

30 feet? what kind of remote starter is that?? that sucks. but i guess you don't want to auto start your car from 100 yards away. someone could steal it.

• Here's one:

Fuks sakes.

30 feet? what kind of remote starter is that?? that sucks.

No shit.

I paid for 3000 feet and got 30. Kind of like I asked for a 13 and they gave me 31!
  • haha kind of like that scene in spinal tap where they had reserved 7 hotel suites but got one suite on the 7th floor :lol::lol:

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,065
    Very bad ice storm! No power or heat! This really blows! Downed power lines and trees......fun shit!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Very bad ice storm! No power or heat! This really blows! Downed power lines and trees......fun shit!

This sounds pretty fun for sure.

Throw in a shitty ice scraper and you are fooked.
  • Very bad ice storm! No power or heat! This really blows! Downed power lines and trees......fun shit!
    oh man, i hope everyone is ok up your way. my furnace went out sometime friday. froze my ass off in my house both nights. it was like 54 degrees in here. the furnace guy could not get here until today. all he had to do was replace the thermostat and use a bit of sandpaper on the flame sensor...nice way to spend $160 :fp: :fp:

• just remembered i have ice cream in the freezer. that might help my burnt mouth.... something i should have thought of yesterday... :fp: