Options

*** Oakland Fanviews Here 11/26/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    Had a great time at the show last night. I'm tall enough that I could hang back in the GA and have plenty of room all night to rock out and get a great view of the action. From my perspective the crowd was definitely into the show but it wasn't going to be rowdy because of the set list, which was awesome imo. They went for the more epic vibe and pulled it off.

It was my cousin's first concert ever so he better be prepared to be disappointed in whomever concert number 2 is!!!
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • Options
    mattsl1983 wrote:
    Sorry Ed, but just because the race horse you backed hasn't done anything in 5 years, doesn't Make it cool to bash something that's 5 years removed. Talk about beating a dead horse... Let's move past the politics! And spreed and preach about good things!?

And start hating my comment now. Ready go!

Agree with you totally Matt! I wish Ed would get over the political bullshit. He didn't have the correct infromation on Chenney, who he bashed. He apparently hates anything that represents republican view, except recent passing of Ramone who was a republican. He has no room to talk, since the current administration doesn't even know how to prepare a website properly before rolling it out and lies about if you can keep your current plan. Not to mention all the other lies and scandals with the current administration. He's begining to sound like Obama, blame everyone and take no accountability. I'm still a PJ fan regardless, but someone needs to open their eyes (Vedder).
  • Options
    JM16768 wrote:
    mattsl1983 wrote:
    Sorry Ed, but just because the race horse you backed hasn't done anything in 5 years, doesn't Make it cool to bash something that's 5 years removed. Talk about beating a dead horse... Let's move past the politics! And spreed and preach about good things!?

And start hating my comment now. Ready go!

WOW!! Looks like it was a fantastic show!! Hope you all had incredible time if you went. This bootleg will be great...lots of fanclub favs and hits...nice mix it seems.

As for the Cheney rant...@mattsl1983, I think you need to get out of the hole your in and do a little education investigation before you start with a political argument. This is NOT an issue that is 5 years old, and if you kept up to date yourself and read the news you would be well aware that Dick Cheney's daughter is currently (as in right now this date and time) running for office in Wyoming and is causing a stir because of comments she made regarding same sex marriage. Theres a lot to the story but I will let the article below explain it for you and others interested that may not be aware. Modern politicians do need a reality check and the masses whether led by a rock star, activist, or advocate need to be educated and then make their own opinions. Again education is the key...try it out.

P.S. not hating your comment, not starting a fight, but if you wish to condemn someone and in this case Eddie Vedder for what their opinion is, at least take a moment to educate yourself on the topic. Remember GI JOE? Knowing is half the battle. :mrgreen:

Article - please read.
    http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/20 ... -feud?lite

Not trying to get in a political argument with a beloved PJ fan, but does Ed even know what the hell is going on currently in US, especially with this new Healthcare plan. Affordable my ass! They didn't even know how to rollout a website properly before healthcare signups started, plus it's hackable. Didn't he lie about you can keep your coverage. Misleading Americans to gain political power. Then he blames everyone else instead of taking accountability himself. What about all the other BS of this administration, Bengazi, IRS, Census. etc... Not to menion worse spending than Bush and also worse GDP than Bush administration. He bashed Bush for the same crap he's doing himself with outrageous spending. Obama sidesteps and plays ignorant dummy when it comes to anything. Obama if anything is creating more of a mess than Bush on this country, and would rather create a divide between parties. Wish Vedder would open his eyes and look at the big picture instead of pretending to know what he's talking about. I at least watch several networks, know people suffering with this new healthcare plan, and I have a brother in Army who wasn't even able to vote as well as many other military personnel in the past election. Get facts before spewing insignificant BS Vedder.
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    jammergirl wrote:
    Phenomenal!!! I had the rail on Mike's side and he got a kick all night out of the stick on mustaches I passed out to both the men and ladies close by, but the fact that I got to shake Eddie's hand and he took the poster my daughter and I made for them to play Of the Earth!! Such a great experience tonight. The band seemed happier than in LA and the setlist was fantastic. A little of everything. And what makes these shows greater than ever is the people I meet and hang out with and see tour after tour to have them become like family. Everyone is going to have a different perception of the shows. Those who have been to 50+ shows are going to underrate anything that is "subpar" in their eyes. It's the experience of the show whether they play 35 songs you like or 5 songs you like. I know for me, and I'd say the people I hung out with for well over 15 hours with today and the band I love made it great. I wish I was able to hit more shows, but my tour ends here.

dude! thanks for the 'stache! I'll never forget Mike locking eyes with me and mouthing "what the hell?" while gesturing to it. hilarious, glad we could make him laugh. everyone around us was so cool, I was right behind the people on the rail and had a great view. It was my brother's first show, he has been deployed to other countries every other time they've toured, so this was a treat to be able to show him why I love this band. Thank you Pearl Jam, and thanks to all the cool people I met!

I was an honor to give you facial hair!!! You wore it well. Thanks for participating in the fun last night. An incredible evening for sure.
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Had GREAT 10C seats, row 2 floor, mike's side... I would not be surprised if I was behind the woman that was ejected from LA 1. That is merely speculation, not saying it was. In fact, it's unlikely.

I had high hopes with my 10C tickets and even my friend said she had to close her eyes some parts to just focus on the music and not the nonsense happening in front of us so she could try and enjoy the show.

My point is: have some respect and consideration at shows (and in life, really) for those around you.

Huh, that was Sec A floor? I befriended a few of the staff, and the older gentleman in the black "security" jacket told me about 2/3 through that our section was doing good compared to some bullshit in Sec B or C. His niece was concerned he was working a "grunge" show, hehehe, but I told him he had the fan club section and we'd take good care of him! Kept making him and the red shirts sing along and air guitar all night, pretty fun!

Take care of your ushers and they'll take care of you!
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    lisa10lisa10 Posts: 18
    This was my first PJ show in 13 years (last one was Nürnberg, Germany in 2000). It broke my heart that they didn't play Ledbetter, but Faithful, Smile and Hail made up for it. My favorite part of the show was when they got all romantic and played Thin Air.

There was good energy in my section, but I did feel that all in all the crowds could have had a more energetic vibe. I highly appreciate how attentive Eddie is. The Nürnberg show happened a couple of days before Roskilde and I was in front row. A lot has changed since then. From what I saw people in GA seemed really friendly and not too crazy.

As for Eddie's political comments: I appreciate his outspokenness, but I wish he'd address more recent issues like healthcare (as mentioned before).
  • Options
    GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    The only issue I have with Ed's comments is that they are wrong. Cheney DOES support gay marriage.

"I think people ought to be free to enter into any kind of union they wish. Any kind of arrangement they wish."

"Dick Cheney is part of a lobbying campaign to convince at least one Maryland state lawmaker to back marriage equality, the Baltimore Sun reported on Thursday. Since leaving the vice president's office, Cheney has been increasingly vocal in his support for same-sex marriage, but the extent of his engagement on the issue was not previously well known."
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • Options
    Damn it, thats an awesome set!

EVERY NIGHT I think they do the "perfect set" and then they do something crazier for the next show.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    This was a mindblowing show for me. The band started out sounding really tight and I ended up around the coolest people. Ed was in an incredibly good mood and was showering picks, tambourines, wine bottles, song requests. There were lots of smiles on stage.

Ed did forget the words to a few songs, but I didn't mind. The look on his face was priceless, I could see he wanted so badly yo get it back on track. He'd then break out into a big smile after which is always a good sign!

To elaborate a bit more on the initial fan view post:
    Sea wrote:
    (Ed has the house lights turned up and comments that he recognizes many of the faces. Including a woman from Brazil who hands a sign to Eddie that says she was robbed while inside the building, (possibly just on the property it is unclear to me). She lost everything including her passport. Some fans helped her out in an unspecified manner and asked Ed to play “Faithfull” to thank those that helped her.)
    The GA line collected money to help her out. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=225849
    Sea wrote:
    24. Thin Air
    Awesome couple next to me from Santa Cruz had a sign for this. Early on in the set I saw Ed gesture and asked if they were together. During Just Breathe he was looking right at them and then they played Thin Air. It was in parentheses on the set list, not sure what this means but I'm going to say the sign definitely helped!
    Sea wrote:
    32. Smile
    This was a fan request. Guy behind me (Obie) had a sign that said "Gonna make me Smile tonight" (or something similar, can't remember exactly). Before singing it, Ed talks about how he was loving Obie's energy all night and said he's a handsome guy and that he would be a good catch for the ladies :lol:
  • Options
    What an amazing show! This was my 9th or 10th show and had to be one of the best after the 4 Philly shows. This was also my wife's first show (not counting Treasure Island last year) and she was completely blown away by the energy of the band and the crowd. We were GA, Mike's side about 2-3 rows behind. 3 hours 20 minutes!

To the girl next to us in the PJ scarf and hat who gave my wife Ed's pick (sorry we didn't get your name).. Thank you thank you thank you! 10c is awesome!! :thumbup:
  • Options
    I almost forgot (although I'm not sure how :lol::lol: )

Jeff puts on a Warriors jersey at some point, and Ed says I guess that's ok since we don't have a team. Mike then walks across the stage to Stone's side and gestures at a fan (Jeremy) with a Sonics shirt. Jeremy immediately takes his shirt off and throws it to Mike and Ed makes a comment about Mike having that effect on people (wanting to strip).

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    PJ212PJ212 Posts: 811
    Suziemay wrote:
    Sea wrote:
    32. Smile
    This was a fan request. Guy behind me (Obie) had a sign that said "Gonna make me Smile tonight" (or something similar, can't remember exactly). Before singing it, Ed talks about how he was loving Obie's energy all night and said he's a handsome guy and that he would be a good catch for the ladies :lol:

I ran into those two guys while checking out of my hotel at 2AM today and they gave me one of Eddie's guitar picks. Awesome guys.
    Amazing show!
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Mind is blown. This trip was so worth it. Thank you!

you're welcome! ;) :P
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    jammergirl wrote:
    dude! thanks for the 'stache! I'll never forget Mike locking eyes with me and mouthing "what the hell?" while gesturing to it. hilarious, glad we could make him laugh. everyone around us was so cool, I was right behind the people on the rail and had a great view. It was my brother's first show, he has been deployed to other countries every other time they've toured, so this was a treat to be able to show him why I love this band. Thank you Pearl Jam, and thanks to all the cool people I met!

i saw a girl go past me during the show (not sure if it was you) but she was wearing a mustache and i thought wtf but hey, it's a pj show...anyway, when i saw him do this i knew what he was talking about...it was hilarious :lol:
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    Phenomenal!!! I had the rail on Mike's side and he got a kick all night out of the stick on mustaches I passed out to both the men and ladies close by, but the fact that I got to shake Eddie's hand and he took the poster my daughter and I made for them to play Of the Earth!! Such a great experience tonight. The band seemed happier than in LA and the setlist was fantastic. A little of everything. And what makes these shows greater than ever is the people I meet and hang out with and see tour after tour to have them become like family. Everyone is going to have a different perception of the shows. Those who have been to 50+ shows are going to underrate anything that is "subpar" in their eyes. It's the experience of the show whether they play 35 songs you like or 5 songs you like. I know for me, and I'd say the people I hung out with for well over 15 hours with today and the band I love made it great. I wish I was able to hit more shows, but my tour ends here.

Ryan it's Jeff (or Race Track) from the GA line in Oakland. It was great meeting you the other day in the line! You are spot on with your assessment about the overall experience making each show a memorable one. Having seen the majority of their songs played live at one time or another over the past 20+ years has changed my perspective on what makes a show epic in my book. Now it's more about the pre & post show activities/events with friends both old & new, the crowd (mainly just the people in my general vicinity but also overall) and the overall vibe and flow of the show.

And when I look at the show from that perspective I would say it was an epic show...for me anyway. Epic because I had the opportunity to meet and hang out with some quality individuals who share the same passion I have for this band, so much so we'll stand in line for 12+ hours in a shady part of town just for the opportunity to be on the rail. Epic because everyone around me rocked out all night just as much as I did even though our bodies were probably tired as hell from standing all day long. Epic because the crowd DID scream their lungs out till it filled the room and every other time Eddie gave us the lead. Epic because we got a solid set with 3 + hours of music and entertainment from this band that was full of energy without any real awkward lulls anywhere throughout. Epic because I had the privilege of sharing this passion of mine with my Mom (3rd show), my wife (10th show), my 7yr old daughter (2ndshow) and my brother & sister-in-law in who were all in attendance at the show as well.

So even though they may have not played the tightest performance of their career or some of those treasured rarities we all hope to witness at a show it was still epic when you factor in everything that encompassed this show.

RM
  • Options
    ^^^ trudat RM
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Awesome couple next to me from Santa Cruz had a sign for this. Early on in the set I saw Ed gesture and asked if they were together. During Just Breathe he was looking right at them and then they played Thin Air. It was in parentheses on the set list, not sure what this means but I'm going to say the sign definitely helped!

That was my wife and I! What a night. Glad you were right there with us! I love meeting awesome people at the shows. A few other friends of ours were at the show sitting in seats farther back and saw us several times on the big screen.
  • Options
    I'll echo the sentiments of Red Mosqito and Corduroyboy, this was a very special night - made more so by sharing the experience with great people and new friends met in the GA line from the early morning hours. Jeff, Rebecca and others - a sincere thank you.
  • Options
    This show was an incredible night of live music from the band. Each and everone of the members were having a blast and were all smiles the whole night. We lined up about an hour and half before they started letting the GA in. We were right at the end of all the "listers" and ended up about 7 deep dead center with a great view.

While my wife and I were waiting in line we noticed a girl behind us by herself and started talking. Laura it was great meeting you and we had a blast hanging out all night and enjoying the show with you. Hope we can keep in touch and that work the next day wasn't to rough. We met another couple, Michael and Elena originally from Madison, in the pit and had fun hanging out. Michael heard the same seven songs at the seven shows he had been to.

The pit had a lot of good people with a few idiots around. Like the couple that decided to barrel through and tried to squeeze Laura out of her spot. We saw 3 different people pass out and go down around us all within 2 songs. But other than that it was an incredible show. I can honestly say that I did not witness any infant in the GA from where we were all night. I can't wait to get the boot and relive the night.

Thank You very much Pearl Jam for a fun and great show!!!
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611
    37 songs? Insane. Great looking set!
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • Options

Ryan it's Jeff (or Race Track) from the GA line in Oakland. It was great meeting you the other day in the line! You are spot on with your assessment about the overall experience making each show a memorable one. Having seen the majority of their songs played live at one time or another over the past 20+ years has changed my perspective on what makes a show epic in my book. Now it's more about the pre & post show activities/events with friends both old & new, the crowd (mainly just the people in my general vicinity but also overall) and the overall vibe and flow of the show.

And when I look at the show from that perspective I would say it was an epic show...for me anyway. Epic because I had the opportunity to meet and hang out with some quality individuals who share the same passion I have for this band, so much so we'll stand in line for 12+ hours in a shady part of town just for the opportunity to be on the rail. Epic because everyone around me rocked out all night just as much as I did even though our bodies were probably tired as hell from standing all day long. Epic because the crowd DID scream their lungs out till it filled the room and every other time Eddie gave us the lead. Epic because we got a solid set with 3 + hours of music and entertainment from this band that was full of energy without any real awkward lulls anywhere throughout. Epic because I had the privilege of sharing this passion of mine with my Mom (3rd show), my wife (10th show), my 7yr old daughter (2ndshow) and my brother & sister-in-law in who were all in attendance at the show as well.

So even though they may have not played the tightest performance of their career or some of those treasured rarities we all hope to witness at a show it was still epic when you factor in everything that encompassed this show.

RM
    Very well put.
    9/8/98 Newark, NJ, 10/31/00 Mountain View, CA, 10/20/01 Mountain View, CA (Bridge School 15), 7/6/06 Las Vegas, NV, 8/28/09 SF, CA, 10/31/09 Philly, PA, 10/23/10 Mountain View, CA (Bridge School 24), 09/03/11 Alpine Valley, WI, 11/23/13 LA1, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, WI
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254

RM

Track shoes!!! Sorry we didn't wind up on the same sides of the rail but I could see you down on Stones side rocking out. Great to hang out all day and BS, good times for sure. We will do it again next tour or at the Bridge School. Oakland will be one of my greatest memories of seeing this band. And the awesome time with the 10C people like you that make 10 hours on concrete quite enjoyable!!

Cheers,
    Ryan
  • Options
    Here is the link to some of the pictures I took at the Oakland show. I was 1 person deep on Mike's side. Enjoy! :D

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153535644910626.1073741828.880240625&type=1&l=1e54bdf1e7
    Jones Beach, NY 2001
    New Orleans, LA 2003
    Oakland, CA 2013
  • Options
    mchlmchl Posts: 15
    gateway wrote:
    mchl wrote:
    how long was the show? almost 4h?
    great setlist...

Around 3 hrs and 20 min give or take, their 2nd longest ever show!

god damn. thank you...
  • Options
    DD10798DD10798 San Francisco Posts: 44
    Finally got around to posting something. Really great show. Smile and Thin Air were nice surprises, stoked to hear those two. All and all very solid and obviously a long show. Didn't drag on at all, I didn't realize it was so late and they played so many songs.

A few things I didn't see posted yet. Eddie mentioned the vibe changed from the desert and So Cal and they felt like the bay area was the beginning of the northwest. After messing up a few songs he said some other band that didn't make any mistakes was playing the arena in a few weeks.

Thanks 10 Club for the good tix in section 116, row 13 on Mikes side.

Our section was generally ok but too many sat down during the encore. Get off your asses people, this is Pearl Jam!

Finally got a Kozig poster, too bad it is pretty terrible. My last few show posters in SF are not great but can't complain about the shows at all.

My only regret is I couldn't make it to another show or two this year. Maybe 2014.
    1995: San Francisco, San Jose
    1997: Oakland
    1998: Inglewood
    2000: Las Vegas, San Bernardino, Sacramento, Mt. View
    2003: Mt. View, Mt View (Bridge School night 1)
    2006: Santa Barbara, San Francisco II
    2009: San Francisco
    2010: Mt. View (Bridge School night 1)
    2013: Oakland
    2020: Oakland I, Oakland II
  • Options
    FaezaMFaezaM Posts: 152
    Gotta say I feel lucky to have been at this show. I have to say it truly felt legendary. My first show was the 2003 MSG show so this one had a lot to live up to.

Vignettes:
    Eddie saying they recognize fans from previous shows...thanking the fans for their loyalty. This was really touching.

The band kept playing because the crowd was into it. At the start of one of the encores Eddie talked about how they couldn't leave. A lot of the crowd had dissipated 1/2way through the second encore and Eddie referenced that as they wrapped up.

The first encore went on longer than originally planned...Eddie asks the band if they're "running" (?) but they kept playing...

Eddie pouring drinks for ppl in the first row

Mike interacting with the crowd; his energy was off the charts...thought he was gonna start climbing on the scaffolding.

Eddie gives a shot out to the uppers talks about how you can do anything up there. It was true...ppl were lighting up all over the arena. When the lights were out you could literally see the puffing. I honestly think this had a lot to do with ppl not having the energy to stand let alone jump around.

All the song dedications and taking requests from the crowd.

The band quieting down and Eddie leading the crowd in singing the guitar melody to Black.

Eddie climbing on the amps and jumping off.

The band pushing around the massive 'lightbulbs,' causing them to crash into each other.

Eddie climbing on the 'lightbulbs' and swinging over the crowd.
    Shows:
    Madison Square Garden, NYC, July 2003 (BEST Concert of ALL TIME)
    Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA, November 2013 (2nd BEST Concert of ALL TIME)
    ***Milan, IT, June 2014****
    ***Trieste, IT, June 2014***
    ***Berlin, DE, June 2014***
  • Options
    PJenPJen Posts: 127
    I've been reviewing the show in my head for a couple of hours now ... and despite a mediocre crowd and a few(very) minor flubs here and there ... my buddy and I have decided that there can't be another band on the planet who rivals the level that Pearl Jam is performing at right now.

The boys are seriously playing OUT OF THEIR MINDS! Other musicians who come to the shows must be leaving thinking "Wow, WTF was that?!" I know that a few have said as much on their twitter accounts already.

I mean, this is some legendary shit we're witnessing. I'm so proud to be a card carrying member of the Ten Club. I also want to point out that Mike has risen to a level that doesn't seem possible. AN ABSOLUTE BEAST!!!!!!! It really is impressive to watch.

This is special, folks. This is a moment in time that I won't ever forget. This band is at the top of their game. Hell, this band is on top of every other bands game. I brought my friend to his 2nd show ... and during Indifference ... he grabbed my arm and leaned in to thank me for introducing him to "the magic" that is Pearl Jam.

I haven't stopped smiling since. :D

You hit the nail on the head! I've seen PJ a number of times since 1991 and this was by far one of the most impressive shows. They are beyond gifted and I'm so happy I was able to be a part of this show!
    "Don't let it get ya down, ya know, still give your love, just give it away. I love singing that part." -- EV (SVT)
  • Options
    Had GREAT 10C seats, row 2 floor, mike's side. highlights for me were down, thin air and SMILE!

With that said, I have never been so disappointed by a PJ crowd in my life. That was my last show of the tour for me and the crowd compared to LA...it was like night and day.

I would not be surprised if I was behind the woman that was ejected from LA 1. That is merely speculation, not saying it was. In fact, it's unlikely.

I had high hopes with my 10C tickets and even my friend said she had to close her eyes some parts to just focus on the music and not the nonsense happening in front of us so she could try and enjoy the show.

My point is: have some respect and consideration at shows (and in life, really) for those around you.

I hear ya. This show was one of the best I've ever seen in my 22 years of following PJ. I also had the biggest d bag in the history of concerts sitting right next to me (10c seats too, Mike's side). I either had to close my eyes, or watch someone else enjoying the show, to distract myself from this freaking idiot jumping around like a gorilla and pushing me out of the way non-stop (no offense to any gorilla's). He also wanted to be Eddie so bad that he literally imitated every move or gesture Eddie made. It was ridiculous. There's no point going into the rest of his antics but yes, some respect and consideration would be nice. I had a recent cancer scare and have been recovering from surgery so this troll really screwed up what otherwise would have been a perfect night. Despite the drama, I'm so glad I was able to be there and it really was an amazing show. Thanks PJ! :D
    "Don't let it get ya down, ya know, still give your love, just give it away. I love singing that part." -- EV (SVT)
  • Options
    Really fun show, glad everyone enjoyed it. Highlights for me were the Bridge School kids and Thin Air. I want to thank the 10C, as always, for being so good to us. I don't do GA anymore, been there, done that and I'm getting old, so I went reserved and my seats were 11 rows up from just in front of the stage, Mike's side. Just perfect. Thanks to everybody involved in making Pearl Jam shows such a great experience.
    Golden Gate Park 1995 San Jose 1995 Oakland 2 1997 Mountain View 2000 Mountain View 2003 Bridge School Benefit 2003 Philadelphia 2005 San Francisco 2 2006 Bridge School Benefit 2006 Golden Gate Park 2009 Wrigley Field 2013 Oakland 2013 Bridge School Benefit 2014...
  • Options
    GD274660 wrote:
    The only issue I have with Ed's comments is that they are wrong. Cheney DOES support gay marriage.

"I think people ought to be free to enter into any kind of union they wish. Any kind of arrangement they wish."

"Dick Cheney is part of a lobbying campaign to convince at least one Maryland state lawmaker to back marriage equality, the Baltimore Sun reported on Thursday. Since leaving the vice president's office, Cheney has been increasingly vocal in his support for same-sex marriage, but the extent of his engagement on the issue was not previously well known."

You're right. I am not a fan of Cheney but in his defense, Ed didn't express himself clearly on this issue. Cheney's daughter Mary is gay, and married, and Cheney has made a comment in support of her. I'll have to wait until the boot comes out but if I remember correctly, it seemed what Ed was trying to address was the recent story in the news about Cheney's other daughter, Liz. She is currently running for office in a conservative state and made comments that she doesn't support marriage equality but believes in 'traditional marriage.' Apparently, the issue many have had is that Cheney defended the daughter running for office, and didn't say a word in defense of his gay daughter. Many felt he sold out his gay daughter to try and help further the political career of his straight daughter (Here's an article on the topic: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... mily-feud/). So, that's the gist of it. It is a current topic being discussed, not past administration talk.

I seriously had to laugh at one of the related messages posted on this thread. To anyone who criticizes Eddie for talking politics, or not getting his facts straight, the same applies to them. A person doesn't have to like the administration, or the president, but spewing misinformation doesn't accomplish a thing other than spreading more ignorance.

Anyway, here's my 10 cents worth. Maybe Eddie should express himself on topics like this before the first two bottles of wine! :D I personally love any member of the band using their voice and expressing themselves, even if I disagree. It's gutsy, can be educational (and funny), and even when words or thoughts get jumbled it shows that we're all only human.