Options

*** Oakland Fanviews Here 11/26/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    Phenomenal!!! I had the rail on Mike's side and he got a kick all night out of the stick on mustaches I passed out to both the men and ladies close by, but the fact that I got to shake Eddie's hand and he took the poster my daughter and I made for them to play Of the Earth!! Such a great experience tonight. The band seemed happier than in LA and the setlist was fantastic. A little of everything. And what makes these shows greater than ever is the people I meet and hang out with and see tour after tour to have them become like family. Everyone is going to have a different perception of the shows. Those who have been to 50+ shows are going to underrate anything that is "subpar" in their eyes. It's the experience of the show whether they play 35 songs you like or 5 songs you like. I know for me, and I'd say the people I hung out with for well over 15 hours with today and the band I love made it great. I wish I was able to hit more shows, but my tour ends here.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited November 2013
    TigaSefi wrote:
    It is very annoying that the last 5 shows has an opener. I am hoping the set list isn't completely ruined by Mudhoney. No offence to them.

It could be worse. It could be X ruining it.
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    WOWzers...

pendulum->Nothingman->Elderly

Hail hail...dissident... faithfull....Daughter?

Down? untitled->MFC?

GTF porch smile? Indifference?

Crazy Mary and F'kin up?

I would like yo copy/paste the front page but its too long... but OAKLAND that was one hell of a f'king show!!!! Hope you all had a blast!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    WOW Down, Thin Air and Smile were definite highlights. Got almost every song I had hoped to hear over the past 4 shows. Still holding out hope for Sad and an It's OK tag in Portland or Seattle. Mind is blown. This trip was so worth it. Thank you!
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    mattsl1983 wrote:
    Sorry Ed, but just because the race horse you backed hasn't done anything in 5 years, doesn't Make it cool to bash something that's 5 years removed. Talk about beating a dead horse... Let's move past the politics! And spreed and preach about good things!?

And start hating my comment now. Ready go!

I'm trying to give some form of a response because it seems that is what you wanted when you finished your post saying, And start hating my comment now. Ready go!

But I have no idea what spreeding is?

And when a guy has the microphone he can say whatever he pleases. If you want to talk about how great Cheney was... then go make a band, make a record, and get onstage talking about how awesome the Bush administration was. There are three people in the MT forum that would go to your shows for sure.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Seriously hoping that the opening bands for the remaining shows (i.e. Seattle) don't ruin or shorten up the set lists. They're coming down the home stretch on what has been a ridiculous, legendary tour that I'm sure will be talked about for a while. As any great athlete or performer, time to finish stronger than you started and end this thing with a bang!

Lucky folks all around the west coast and definitely in Oakland for what looks like the longest show of the tour so far.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    YLed2 wrote:
    Seriously hoping that the opening bands for the remaining shows (i.e. Seattle) don't ruin or shorten up the set lists. They're coming down the home stretch on what has been a ridiculous, legendary tour that I'm sure will be talked about for a while. As any great athlete or performer, time to finish stronger than you started and end this thing with a bang!

Lucky folks all around the west coast and definitely in Oakland for what looks like the longest show of the tour so far.

I doubt Mudhoney will ruin the show or make PJ play any less. Not only is it the last show of the tour, but it's also the hometown show. I can't wait for Seattle, it's going to be amazing! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    Loved...
    1) number of songs
    2) length of show
    3) 2nd encore
    4) Thin Air, Smile, Down, SOLAT, Betterman, Corduroy, Fuckin Up
    5) Bridge School tribute

Thanks, PJ
    2003--Cleveland. 2010--Columbus. 2013--Wrigley, Oakland. 2014--Cincinnati
  • Options
    What songs were crossed off of the setlist last night?
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Options
    JD2381JD2381 Posts: 52
    Those who have been to 50+ shows are going to underrate anything that is "subpar" in their eyes. It's the experience of the show whether they play 35 songs you like or 5 songs you like. I know for me, and I'd say the people I hung out with for well over 15 hours with today and the band I love made it great. I wish I was able to hit more shows, but my tour ends here.

Absolutely! Last night was the only show I'll be attending on this tour, and I had a fucking blast (and thanks 10C for such fantastic seats).

I don't have much to compare it to (only 23 shows in 21 years), so maybe I was deluded, but I enjoyed this show as much as any. 3.5 hours of pure joy.

Jim
    PJ:
    11/1/1992 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 10/1/1994 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 6/24/1995 San Francisco // 11/4/1995 San Jose // 10/19/1996 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 11/19/1997 Oakland (opening for Rolling Stones) // 6/30/1998 Minneapolis // 9/11/1998 New York // 10/30/1999 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 10/31/2000 Mountain View // 10/21/2001 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 6/1/2003 Mountain View // 6/6/2003 Las Vegas // 10/26/2003 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 5/12/2006 Albany, NY // 7/15/2006 San Francisco // 7/16/2006 San Francisco // 10/22/2006 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 7/12/2008 Los Angeles (VH1 Rock Honors The Who) // 8/28/2009 San Francisco (Outside Lands) // 10/1/2009 Los Angeles // 10/24/2010 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 11/26/2013 Oakland // 10/19/2014 St. Paul // 10/26/2014 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 5/12/2022 Oakland
    EV:
    10/24/2004 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 7/11/11 Oakland // 10/23/11 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 10/21/12 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,891
    thefixer9 wrote:

https://twitter.com/PearlJam/status/405 ... to/1/large

ATY
    Leash
    Wasted Reprise
    Life Wasted
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:

https://twitter.com/PearlJam/status/405 ... to/1/large

ATY
    Leash
    Wasted Reprise
    Life Wasted

ATY?
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Options
    mattsl1983 wrote:
    Sorry Ed, but just because the race horse you backed hasn't done anything in 5 years, doesn't Make it cool to bash something that's 5 years removed. Talk about beating a dead horse... Let's move past the politics! And spreed and preach about good things!?

And start hating my comment now. Ready go!

WOW!! Looks like it was a fantastic show!! Hope you all had incredible time if you went. This bootleg will be great...lots of fanclub favs and hits...nice mix it seems.

As for the Cheney rant...@mattsl1983, I think you need to get out of the hole your in and do a little education investigation before you start with a political argument. This is NOT an issue that is 5 years old, and if you kept up to date yourself and read the news you would be well aware that Dick Cheney's daughter is currently (as in right now this date and time) running for office in Wyoming and is causing a stir because of comments she made regarding same sex marriage. Theres a lot to the story but I will let the article below explain it for you and others interested that may not be aware. Modern politicians do need a reality check and the masses whether led by a rock star, activist, or advocate need to be educated and then make their own opinions. Again education is the key...try it out.

P.S. not hating your comment, not starting a fight, but if you wish to condemn someone and in this case Eddie Vedder for what their opinion is, at least take a moment to educate yourself on the topic. Remember GI JOE? Knowing is half the battle. :mrgreen:

Article - please read.
    http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/20 ... -feud?lite
  • Options
    All I can say is Whoa. I got home about 1:30, but my wife had to get up at 5:30 for work and I haven't been able to go back to sleep. What a show. Although the setlist didnt have a lot of high energy songs, the crowd vibe as a whole had great energy. Everyone around me had was swinging or dancing and I was in reserved. And thank you 10C for the great seats even having a high number. I think I had better seats than those who chose to stand at the back of GA.
    Not only was the length Epic, but the bands' playing and energy was Epic. They could have easily kept going. The extended solos were crazy and Mike was just unreal. The band seemed to be really enjoying themselves and the guitarists would meet in their huddle periodically. Ed did one of those crazy leans on Mike's back and was almost touching the ground. Crazy stuff..
    There were moments when the whole experience felt surreal, like, I'm actually witnessing this and not just talking about them on the boards. Unreal. Now I am in post concert depression. :cry:
    I echo the sort of strangeness of the Oakland crowd. The vibe was definitely a Bay area vibe, which is different than LA or New York, Philly, and that is cool. But we didn't seem to have a big presense on the boards with Roll Calls, didn't put together a Wishlist Party, when I got there at 3:30 the GA line was not that big, no lines for tickets or merchandise (not that I'm complaining :D ) It's just a different vibe.

Well, all of you who still have concerts to go to, all I can say is, Lucky Bastards! Enjoy
    To and fro the pendulum throws

"Don't Worry, Be Happy." Avatar Meher Baba

7/12/11 - EV Oakland 2, 10/22/11 - EV Bridge School
    9/25/11 Vancouver, 11/26/13 - Oakland, 11/7/15 - Buenos Aires
  • Options
    I also really dug Yellow Moon. Very into that song now.
  • Options
    ATY = all those yesterdays.
  • Options
    Ed still talking about Cheney/Bush is amusing. Let it go man. I'm pretty sure they've been out of office for 6 years now. There's plenty about the current administration that is disturbing enough.
  • Options
    ATY = all those yesterdays.

Duh! :fp: I'm an idiot....thanks! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Options
    Wow! First off thank you 10 club for selling GA tickets to us fan clubbers that was by far the coolest show I've ever been to! My friend Jen and I were on Stone's side right behind the people on the rail. I've never been that close in a show ever let alone for the greatest band ever! In line Jen and I met a very great husband and wife named Richard and Vanessa (remember Richard I'm Chris aka Jeff lol) which was part of the fun. It's sooooo cool being in line with other hard core fans. I'm sorry Rich/Vanessa we ended up on the other side cause we wanted to get close to the stage and the security line messed us up from chilling with you guys.

On the floor we met another great hubby and wife named Barbra and Don, as well as Dione and Paul. Apparently Barbra remembered myself and Jen from past shows lol small world. The whole night long our little corp of people were dancing singing and having a blast! Great show, great setlist, great energy! What a kick ass night, can't wait for the next tour I'm jonesing already for another show.
  • Options
    Had second row in front of Mike. Watching him play all night from that close is special.

There was one very special moment last night that I don't think many people saw. After they played Last Kiss for the bridge school people they walked back to their spots on the stage. Mike was visibly upset and wiped away a few tears. This guys not just an incredible rock star. He cares deeply about people and playing for the bridge school people must have been a special moment for him.

If you have GA at one of the next few shows and you've never stood in front of Mike, do it. He's an animal and the best performer in the band. You won't regret it.
    1995: San Francisco, San Diego
    2000: Phoenix
    2008: Camden 2
    2009: San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2
    2010: MSG 1, MSG 2
    2011: Alpine 1, Alpine 2
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Wrigley, Phoenix, San Diego, LA1, LA2, Oakland
    2014: Denver
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Random thoughts as I wipe the haze from my eyes, pouring coffee down my gullet trying to stay awake at work ...

Aside from Mansfield 3 in 2003 (which was actually a split set) certainly was the longest show I've been to ... holy crap. Hell of a way to start my personal tour.

To the people saying the energy was a bit weak ... well, sorry that was your take ... the front of the pit was jammin' hard. And damn, the joint was packed to the top ... seemed pretty rockin' to me.

The new songs sound fantastic ... I'll get more as my tour continues north, but Pendulum was certainly the stand out and I was really shocked that I enjoyed Let the Records Play so much ... was 3rd row in front of Stone, so, that added to the enjoyment, he seemed to be having a grand ol' time last night.

Was a little disappointed that All Those Yesterday was cut, but the Smile ad lib was fantastic ... I'll take the good with the bad.

I am no supporter of Last Kiss, I'm one of those that rolls my eyes when they cue it up ... but when the guys went over to sing it to Maricor and the rest of the Bridge School kids ... gah ... it was getting a bit dusty in the Oracle Arena :cry: (even Mike was wiping away some tears walking back to his part of the stage) ... the li'l dude slappin' on Jeff's bass was bad ass. :D

Hail Hail is a personal fave, Down --> SOLAT = awesome ... Thin Air was gorgeous, hell, just look at that first encore, good god that was phenomenal.

Ed was hittin' the sauce pretty hard last night ... and it showed. I'm ok with it, it's part of the charm, but damn ... when he's speaking into the mic stand with no mic and it takes him a sentence or two to realize it ... :lol:

One minor turn off ... and I hate to say it ... Mike, I love you, you're one of the all time greats ... but seriously ... put the bow away. I know you're trying to channel your inner Jimmy Paige, but, it's a bit embarrassing.

To the dude in the baseball shirt on line patrol ... I know there were some snickering about your persistence, but shit, I appreciated your diligence. Things seemed to work out just fine. Kudos, friend.

To the crew of Brazilians around me all night long, glad y'all had a great time ... we got a treat with Ed pretty much standing on us at the end of Black ... stoked that Mike hooked a bunch of you up with picks!

Onto Portland ...
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    There was one very special moment last night that I don't think many people saw. After they played Last Kiss for the bridge school people they walked back to their spots on the stage. Mike was visibly upset and wiped away a few tears. This guys not just an incredible rock star. He cares deeply about people and playing for the bridge school people must have been a special moment for him.

Ha ... I was just typing my novella ... and made the same observation.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    demaydemay Posts: 67
    I saw the last 3 California shows and last night was just killer. LA 1 was great, too and last nite was just as strong. I don't mind a set with lots of "hits," since they always play the hell out of them. Yes, tech issues and ed enjoying himself with the crowd make the bootleg passable, but it was how the band responded that makes this show so awesome. During Faithful, which was a spontaneous add which they weren't prepared for, Mike's tech gave him a guitar in the wrong tuning, and he basically was out for the whole song. Afterwards, he looked pissed off. He looked a little embarassed and not having fun. Then, his band mates responded. Ed thanked him for stuck in through it, Jeff played next to him and Stone ran all the way over to join them for the next song. Ed leaned up against Mike for a later song. They brought the smiles back to Mike. These guys so obviously support and love each other as people and musicians, and it was beautiful to see this played out. During MFC,Ed's guitar went out of tune, and the song was all messed up until about 1/2 way through when they found each other in groove and nailed it, just rocked it home.

Such a metaphor, in that life is about overcoming adversity, however big or small. These guys have gone through so much together and they just keep getting stronger as a band. It was beautiful.

They tagged daughter with WMA which was very intentional. This is Oakland, after all. That Main set was so good. They left it all onstage and came to give the beginning of the Pacific Northwest, a show for the ages. They brought it to Oakland.

I'm in the old time 10c sections,so I can speak for us that we were totally into the show. To be fair, this was a Tuesday night,and LA 1 was a Saturday nite so, yeah, the crowd had an understandably different energy. And, the whole place was smoking, so sure, the crowd may have been more laid back. This is the Bay... it's how we roll. The band brought it, they're on fire, and we're lucky to have them still touring in our lifetimes.
  • Options
    mrfrogman wrote:
    Ed still talking about Cheney/Bush is amusing. Let it go man. I'm pretty sure they've been out of office for 6 years now. There's plenty about the current administration that is disturbing enough.
    Oh man, you too...
    Please see my earlier post...this IS a current issue..
    :fp: :|

But lets everyone just post about the show...I'm not meaning to distract.
  • Options
    mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 785
    I like Mudhoney.
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    In the past 4 shows, I have brought 6 new people to PJ shows and hooked up an old timer who has been to more shows than I have, but none in the last 10 years (SD, LA 1 &2 and Oakland).

The new people have all been absolutely blown away by the band and the energy at these shows, even the friends I took to LA2. And the old timer emailed me yesterday and told me he is pissed at himself for neglecting the band for so long because they are better now than he has ever seen.

Unbelievable, guys. I am now starting post tour withdrawal.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    Let's see....

Set list = awesome
    Encore 1 = amazing
    Down, Thin Air, Dissident, MFC, Faithful, Fuckin' Up = hell yeah!
    Black/Alive back-to-back = enough said
    Moment with Bridge School families = :cry:
    4 wine bottles for Ed = 8-)
    Flying light bulbs and Ed swinging from one = :corn:
    Various solos from band members = rockin'
    Dude passing out in the pit after hitting the mary jane a bit too much = :roll:
    :
    :
    :
    :
    A band with enough money to last a few lifetimes still not going through the motions and killing it with 37-song set lists = PRICELESS!
    Raleigh, 8/18/1992 (Lollapalooza)
    Sacramento, 7/16/1998
    San Francisco, 7/18/2006
    Oakland, 7/11/2011 (Eddie Vedder)
    Vancouver, BC, 9/25/2011
    Oakland, 10/26/2013
  • Options
    Wow! Last night was awesome. They came out at 8:30 and walked off the stage at 11:55. That really happened. So many people are critical of their setlist, and I did find it strange that they played so many mainstream song, but I watched the boys play for almost two and a half hours!

I didn't really pay too much attention to the crowd. I was so into my own experience, I didn't really notice.

I loved the Bridge School shoutout. And I love the flaws and struggles that they have on stage. And they are humble enough to make fun of themselves for it. I used to love the going to U2 shows. But I saw back to back shows in Vegas and the Rose Bowl and they were so scripted. Same jokes and band intros. Last night was definitely NOT scripted. Pure energy and fun.

It was awesome meeting so many new friends. Thanks all!

Happy Thanksgiving. I know one thing I am thankful for!
  • Options
    Got home @ 3:30am, in bed at 4:00, up at 7:15, and at work by 8:30. Feeling it right now, but it was well worth it - such an incredible show.

I hadn't seen them in 7 years and I wasn't disappointed. 5th row on Stone's side, thanks 10c for the amazing seats.

The overall crowd was good, all of the singalongs were really energetic, and most everyone around me stood for the entire show.

Highlights: Yellow Moon, Faithfull, Down, Porch, MFC,Crazy Mary, and Fuckin' Up - and normally I don't like Last Kiss, but they way they performed it in front of the kids from the Bridge School was great. The whole band was into the entire show and Mike was ON FIRE all night. Loved that there was no opener.

Only negatives: I read someone else from a review of a different show comment that Unthought Known is a momentum killer, and it absolutely was. After Daughter with an awesome WMA tag, I was so into the show and then UK starts and it was like someone popped the balloon of energy in the building. I'm not a huge fan of Thin Air either, but these are just minor flaws. Technical issues and lyric flubs aren't a big deal for me.
    San Francisco, CA 05/15/92 07/16/06
    Mountain View, CA 07/18/92 10/02/94 10/31/00 06/01/03 10/26/03
    San Jose, CA 10/30/93 11/04/95
    Sacramento,CA 07/16/98
    Knoxville, TN 09/06/98
    Oakland, CA 11/26/13  05/12/22
    Seattle, WA 08/10/18

• Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 348
    Pretty epic night. I thought the main set was good, not great. But then the encores, which lasted longer than the main set, where awesome. Sweet, intense, goofy. All of it. Why we keep coming back. Wish I didn't see that Leash was replaced for a throw away, but can't complain too much with an almost 3.5 hour show. Hope they get back this way before too long!
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22