Options

The List and its People

Comments

• Options
    I know they keep saying that there's only one GA entrance, but both in Phoenix and LA there were multiple entrances. We totally bypassed the GA line Sunday by going to the entrance to the right. (which also meant that we did not get wanded like we did Saturday, which PJ management might be interested to know seeing as how the one guy was able to get on stage so easily the night before)

Security in Phoenix was a joke. We saw multiple people sneaking into GA without wristbands.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    LA and SD had seperate lines. I think i may have heard that the entire floor at vancouver is GA. maybe that is why but not certain
    The entire floor in Vancouver is not GA. It's just got a small pit. My 10C ticket instructions say GA entrance at all doors.

The venue can make changes. You should ask when you get there. In Dallas and Charlottesville the GA line was the first to enter at a specific door and they had a specific process for it.

If you arrive at 7:30 you can enter any door (so the instructions are right), but you may not be able to get in right away at any door at 6:30.

Now in other cities this was not the case. They had us walking down to the floor single file in Dallas with multiple ushers. Pretty damn organized.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    chinobaeza wrote:
    its the only way when u are in another country to pick up your 10c tix,and if are at GA will have with u
    thats happened to Lara
    I have used my Swedish drivers license in both USA and Europe to collect my 10C tickets, no need for a passport.
    Outside your country the only valid government issued form of ID is your passport, your DL cannot be used as a form of ID (only to drive)...but obviously everything will depend on the criteria used by the guy requesting it. I remember I used my Chilean ID to pick up my PJ20 tickets and it was written only in Spanish (I guess everyone in the US knows that "nombre" means name ;))
    So you can use your DL to identify yourself as someone who can legally drive, but not to pick up tickets? ... I think 10C would give you tickets if your name is on a foreign DL. It doesn't say anywhere on the ticket receipts that your ID must be valid only within the country you're from, does it? I don't I'm going to believe that they wouldn't give people the tix until I hear from someone who actually was refused their tix with a valid foreign ID. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    i am sad i cant go to any shows this year due mostly to winter and its somewhat sporadic driving conditions but the thought of dealing with some whimsical bullshit list gives me that silver lining i need to get through this thing.
  • Options
    haha. elitist weirdos and the list. this shit is still going on?

i don't get the fascination of sitting around a venue with a bunch of clowns that think they're better than everyone else (that you'll have to stand next to for another 5 hours inside the venue). when the alternative is that you can show up hours later after having a few beers with decent fans and be a few metres further back.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    chinobaeza wrote:
    its the only way when u are in another country to pick up your 10c tix,and if are at GA will have with u
    thats happened to Lara
    I have used my Swedish drivers license in both USA and Europe to collect my 10C tickets, no need for a passport.
    Outside your country the only valid government issued form of ID is your passport, your DL cannot be used as a form of ID (only to drive)...but obviously everything will depend on the criteria used by the guy requesting it. I remember I used my Chilean ID to pick up my PJ20 tickets and it was written only in Spanish (I guess everyone in the US knows that "nombre" means name ;))
    yeah,but they dont know what "Oνομα" means!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Twiggy57Twiggy57 Posts: 136
    Reading all these issues about creating a numbered line by just a couple of, I suppose, 10Club members........
    makes me wonder..........what is the meaning then of a 10club members early entry?
    Is there actually such thing, at each concert???
    Me, as an European, I am only used to standing in line for a decent number of hours, just so I can get a close spot near the stage.

And indeed, like somebody said here before, it cant be that many 10clubbers waiting, especially with the early
    entry policy, that one cant get a desent spot near the stage.

But........the early entry for 10club members is still active, also for Europe ?? :?
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    yeah,but they dont know what "Oνομα" means!!
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026

i don't get the fascination of sitting around a venue with a bunch of clowns that think they're better than everyone else (that you'll have to stand next to for another 5 hours inside the venue). when the alternative is that you can show up hours later after having a few beers with decent fans and be a few metres further back.

The problem does not seem to with those who sit around a venue and wait patiently, no need for calling names. The problem seems to be the people who show up hours later after having a few beers and then cutting in line, because their "name is on the list".

And please people, the front row is always the front row, no getting around that.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    tonifig8 wrote:
    The people running these List in San Diego and LA were abusing the hell out of it. Ruining the experience for so many. Some folks weren't even aware of the List and they got screwed!! It's a terrible thing for those who aren't regulars on this board or who aren't part of the elite. I'm not kidding around- these people running the list were playing God! And totally affecting others experiences...
    These "List" operators were telling some folks that they had to stay in line all day, yet other folks were leaving for 4+hrs, but because they were friends with the List holder it was cool. People being told that they can't leave, yet certain few were allowed to go... Just a mess...
    Feel worse for those who didn't have a voice and were quite, those people were being screwed by the dictators running this shit. One woman from Ohio-super nice lady, was scared to leave all fucking day because she thought she was going to lose her spot!! Yet so many left!! That just sucks!
    In San Diego and both LA shows people were added to the list while not even being in line! - Others showed up added their names and left for the day.... This "List" was only created to protect those first 10-20 people... After that they didn't give a shit what happened. Some nice folks showed up late and had no clue about the list, until late in the game when tons of people started lining up in front of them. At that point they were informed, and when these folks went to add their names to the list, the dictator informed them that it was their fault for not asking around. That it wasn't their responsibility (Dictators) to take care of the line, yet they wanted to protect and enforce what was happening for the first 20 or so people in line.... They were just looking out for themselves and screwing everyone else!! Bunch of Bull!!

The list can be a good thing in theory, but when this kind of abuse and crap is happening it's just not fare for those who are not a part of the elite. Or when they are not looking out for the entire GA line and only looking out for the first few people, then shit starts to really fall apart in the rear.
    Some of you want to claim this shit isn't happening- your either naive or are a part of this shit... That's the bottom line.

You can try to defend the list all u want, but at the end of the day you are not authorized to run it and if you aren't running it correctly and protecting everyone, then you are fucking up people's experience just so that you protect your own ass. Either way, list or no list people are going to abuse.

Oh and for the record - some people got in before all those who waited all day!! Where were these non-"official" dictators?!?! Portions of the rail were being taken by people who got there 2hrs before show time!

So to summarize, a bunch of elitists, pretend to want to help the community (by creating a list). But actually are doing so only to further their own agendas (to control the line), and in the end only end up hurting the community. It’s the 10C equivalent of the Democrat party.

We conservatives are crazy to think that the people who waited in line the longest should have the best spot in line, and that people are capable of getting the best spots in line without the help of someone else and their system.
  • Options
    jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    Something I noticed is multiple times EV says he recognizes a lot of the same people in audience. Must be a lot of the same people every shows lining up early and getting the rail. That could be a lot of the list people.

Wasn't the idea of the 1st and 2nd row lottery to get rid of the same people up front all of the time?

Not really fair to the other fans who are not crazy enough to spend the time on the sidewalk or can't and never got a shot at the rail.

It's sucks that Brazilian girl got mugged, but being on the sidewalk at 5am waiting in line in Oakland is poor decision making.
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    PP193448 wrote:
    :fp: :fp:

Easy solution. Ten club puts random number on the GA wristband. You line up hour before the show in numerical order. Fair for everyone. Everyone has fun before the show with no worries. Or after enough complaining they just go back to seniority based tickets and most of us lose out.

That's not really GA, though.

The list is stupid. I can't believe people even do that.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    tonifig8 wrote:
    So to summarize, a bunch of elitists, pretend to want to help the community (by creating a list). But actually are doing so only to further their own agendas (to control the line), and in the end only end up hurting the community. It’s the 10C equivalent of the Democrat party.

We conservatives are crazy to think that the people who waited in line the longest should have the best spot in line, and that people are capable of getting the best spots in line without the help of someone else and their system.

Really? :thumbdown:
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,149
    Keep GA because the show vibe is awesome. Besides I like the wing seats. Do away with the list- tell anyone doing the list that they are a douchey clown shoe and laugh in their elitist face. Write fuck yourself on the notebook and get in the venue and rock out.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    I bet 100% of the "list people" have request signs...
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    Sorry - never had GA before, how does this list work? You show up, go to the front of the line to speak with the dictator, and then they write a number on your hand and you can then do whatever you want and come back to your 'spot' in line? Is that right? Doesn't being in a LINE negate the need for an additional list? I mean, you are LINING UP...or am I just being silly?
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.
  • Options
    list people should have their asses kicked !
  • Options
    Twiggy57Twiggy57 Posts: 136
    KG179574 wrote:
    Sorry - never had GA before, how does this list work? You show up, go to the front of the line to speak with the dictator, and then they write a number on your hand and you can then do whatever you want and come back to your 'spot' in line? Is that right? Doesn't being in a LINE negate the need for an additional list? I mean, you are LINING UP...or am I just being silly?

Actually, indeed when I watched a youtube PJ concert yesterday, I saw a hand in the air with a number 10 written
    on it :shock:
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    In Phoenix, there was list started in the morning but no formal line. People waited in lines for merch at noon and at 1:30p to pick up will call tics, then immediately started forming line for GA. How the hell can you form a single file GA line with all of those same people who lined up in both the merch lines and will call lines at the same fucking time?? Therefore formal GA line started after 2 pm. The list was really used to protect the order of arrival of persons prior to will call pickup. It is a fucked up process, but the only process that early people feel is fair. Otherwise you have elitist assholes who amazingly think that they just happened to be first ones in line after they picked up their will call tics, and the hundreds of people standing around before they got there were stupid enough not to form in line. WTF?? But there are people who are assholes that come early, put name on list, then bolt to come back in line at 5:30p. That is bullshit. So there are assholes on both sides of the problem. What's your solution? UFC battle and violence for lineup?? :fp:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    This whole topic is kind of hilarious and pathetic. The band can still see you if you're in the 4th row!
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    edited November 2013
    Post edited by electronblue on
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    Mentally I'm first in line for Wuhlheide 2014. Just so you know...
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    DANIEL LARRUSO'S GONNA FIGHT!!!!
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Deadman wrote:
    This whole topic is kind of hilarious and pathetic. The band can still see you if you're in the 4th row!

Agree. Just go have fun at the show. Glad I got reserved tics for Vancouver, otherwise better go now and start the list with a tazer in my pocket for protection. :lol:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    The list and the lineup are trying to turn GA into something that it is not. No matter what time you get to the arena, no matter what number you have written on your hand...you are not guaranteed a particular spot on the floor. If you want a guaranteed spot buy reserved seats. Does it suck that someone who lines up all day gets beaten to the rail by someone who just shows up? Well, yes it does, but the fact is the line and the list have no official purpose. If you waited outside all day and don't get rail then much of the pain you feel is self-inflicted. When the doors open everyone who has GA tickets has as much right to be at the front as anyone else. That is what general admission means. Your spot is not yours until you claim it, and you claim nothing by putting your name on a list or writing a number on your hand.

My solution is one that I hope all arenas will adopt in the future: Open all doors at the same time and let GA people enter through any and all of them. Eliminate the lineup and the list with one swing.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:

SWEEP THE LEG! :twisted:
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    cmm6734cmm6734 Houston, TX Posts: 569
    LloydXmas wrote:

SWEEP THE LEG! :twisted:

Put him in a body bag Johnny!!!
    40+ shows, it is never enough!
  • Options
    Drop the list, drop the list...get outta my fuckin' face!
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610

Can someone please explain to me this whole "elitist" theory? Why they think these folks think they're better than everyone else? What do they do to warrant such adolescent accusations? I would have thought that at worst they might be generally considered high strung. Just curious.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:

in the crane position !