Options

The List and its People

Comments

• Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Can I just say something?
    I was at the venue early... I'm talking really fucking early in San Diego... because I wanted my girlfriend to get on the rail. And i'll add, both of us were there. We sat in the line all day... but, in the course of the hours, we had to go to the bathroom. Now, if you want me to shit on the sidewalk... I will. You definately would not like that because even i can't stand my own shit. I'd much rather shit in a toilet or porta potty, but if you expect people to get in line and not move all day... you are being the Nazi, not the people in line because Nazis did that kind of thing to people, not the people who managed the list.
    Now, of course people are going to be pissed... but, not the people who spend the entire day and got rewarded for their time by getting on the rail.
    And i have been to many concerts that were General Admission and there are ALWAYS those people who will snake thier way to the front... basically because that is the character of their making... they are snakes. List or not, they are snakes and will try any bullshit method in their arsenal to get what they, truely belive, they deserve.
    Example:
    I was at a Soundgarden gig and the early entry door for the fan club. Me and my friend got there early and there were about 55 people in line. Cool. It stayed that way for most of the day, while people went to the restroom or to their cars or to get something to eat. About an hour before the doors opened, there were about 200 people in front of us. The people in front let all of their friends in line with them.
    Luckily for me... Karma was there and the door they went to.. the ticket scanner jammed and they got in later. i went to the far door, got scanned and ended up on the rail, in front of Ben. That was right where we wanted to be.
    So, my perception of the list... it worked at Pearl Jam. We had such a great time on the rail... we got there early for the L.A. gigs, too. I'm also one who really doesn't like lists and shit... but, it did prevent **most** of the snakes i see at all of the gigs in L.A. from applying their craft and screwing over their fellow fan mates.
    If we were all honest people... with honorable character traits... there would not be the need for lists and this thread would not have to exist. Unfortunately for all of us, this is not the case.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    RKCNDY wrote:
    If this process keeps up, someone is going to get hurt. It's not a question of if, it's when.

Someone got mugged in front of the Oracle building today...for reals. Now she doesn't have her passport, can't pick up her tickets to Spokane, or Seattle, and can't go to the Vancouver show.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenclubmembers/

That's sad.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    What do you mean. Can't you just use your driver's license or other government ID from your own country??

I think that she only had her passport on her, if she is in the US, she doesn't need her DL from Brazil-I think.

When you come to the US, do you bring your DL and passport?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Cosmo wrote:
    Can I just say something?
    I was at the venue early... I'm talking really fucking early in San Diego... because I wanted my girlfriend to get on the rail. And i'll add, both of us were there. We sat in the line all day... but, in the course of the hours, we had to go to the bathroom. Now, if you want me to shit on the sidewalk... I will. You definately would not like that because even i can't stand my own shit. I'd much rather shit in a toilet or porta potty, but if you expect people to get in line and not move all day... you are being the Nazi, not the people in line because Nazis did that kind of thing to people, not the people who managed the list.
    Now, of course people are going to be pissed... but, not the people who spend the entire day and got rewarded for their time by getting on the rail.
    And i have been to many concerts that were General Admission and there are ALWAYS those people who will snake thier way to the front... basically because that is the character of their making... they are snakes. List or not, they are snakes and will try any bullshit method in their arsenal to get what they, truely belive, they deserve.
    Example:
    I was at a Soundgarden gig and the early entry door for the fan club. Me and my friend got there early and there were about 55 people in line. Cool. It stayed that way for most of the day, while people went to the restroom or to their cars or to get something to eat. About an hour before the doors opened, there were about 200 people in front of us. The people in front let all of their friends in line with them.
    Luckily for me... Karma was there and the door they went to.. the ticket scanner jammed and they got in later. i went to the far door, got scanned and ended up on the rail, in front of Ben. That was right where we wanted to be.
    So, my perception of the list... it worked at Pearl Jam. We had such a great time on the rail... we got there early for the L.A. gigs, too. I'm also one who really doesn't like lists and shit... but, it did prevent **most** of the snakes i see at all of the gigs in L.A. from applying their craft and screwing over their fellow fan mates.
    If we were all honest people... with honorable character traits... there would not be the need for lists and this thread would not have to exist. Unfortunately for all of us, this is not the case.
    perfectly said
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,271
    its the only way when u are in another country to pick up your 10c tix,and if are at GA will have with u
    thats happened to Lara
    I have used my Swedish drivers license in both USA and Europe to collect my 10C tickets, no need for a passport.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    PJ_Soul wrote:

its the only way when u are in another country to pick up your 10c tix,and if are at GA will have with u
    thats happened to Lara
    What do you mean. Can't you just use your driver's license or other government ID from your own country??
    yours yes..its written in english.
    They would turn down someone's valid government ID just because it's from a non-English foreign country? Seems discriminatory... Have you tested this theory? They wouldn't take your Greek drivers license?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    discriminatory... Have you tested this theory? They wouldn't take your Greek drivers license?

not very many people speak Greeklish... :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    thats happened to Lara
    I have used my Swedish drivers license in both USA and Europe to collect my 10C tickets, no need for a passport.
    Okay, that's what I figured. Never heard of anyone turning down ID just because it was foreign.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    no one cares about the list if you are there all day.

People only get pissed when people put their name on a list and then go party somewhere and come jump in front of the line 15 minutes before the doors open.
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I think that she only had her passport on her, if she is in the US, she doesn't need her DL from Brazil-I think.

when i travel out of the country and need to get my 10c tix,i carry my passport with me and leave my Greek id at the hotel,its useless to pick up tickets,its in Greek
    in case lost one,i have the other atleast..but tix,only with passport i can get them
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    thats happened to Lara
    Okay, that's what I figured. Never heard of anyone turning down ID just because it was foreign.
    i couldnt even get into a bar with my greek id at chicago
    the big dude at the door said"i cant read shit at this"
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

when i travel out of the country and need to get my 10c tix,i carry my passport with me and leave my Greek id at the hotel,its useless to pick up tickets,its in Greek
    in case lost one,i have the other atleast..but tix,only with passport i can get them
    I don't think they'd refuse your ticket if you presented your DL Dimi. I seriously doubt it.
    I would never in a million years walk around a city with my passport, and that poor Brazilian girl's story is why. I guess if you've got it in a money belt strapped around your waist under your clothes it would be pretty safe. Otherwise, seems risky.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    i couldnt even get into a bar with my greek id at chicago
    the big dude at the door said"i cant read shit at this"
    Yeah, at a bar I can see that, but that's different; crap shoot at a bar.... Random Bouncer vs the people handing out 10C tix.
    Also.... You got ID'd?? Good for you! :lol:;)
  • Options
    acharding wrote:

People only get pissed when people put their name on a list and then go party somewhere and come jump in front of the line 15 minutes before the doors open.
    And... most of the people around me did just that. They didn't go to the parties... they hung out at the arena. They used the porta pottys, went to the McDonalds, took a short nap in their car or walked around the grounds.
    The list protected the people in the middle and back of the line from people in the front of the line letting all of their snakey friends up front.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,082
    DSTURNERJR wrote:
    Someone tries to cut ahead of me with some list in their hands, I'm grabbing that list and making like Lou Brown in Major League when Roger Dorn handed him his contract.
    That's what I was thinking of when someone said to pee on the list.
    "Shuuuut up Dooorn."
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    acharding wrote:

And... most of the people around me did just that. They didn't go to the parties... they hung out at the arena. They used the porta pottys, went to the McDonalds, took a short nap in their car or walked around the grounds.
    The list protected the people in the middle and back of the line from people in the front of the line letting all of their snakey friends up front.

you were in the front of the line..again, I have no beef with the people that wait it out all day! You guys deserve your spot! but,try walking by the line and seeing only 20 people in line and thinking you have time to go to the preparty...showing back up about 100 from the door (which I was totally cool with)...and by the time the doors open you are 200 people back...because a bunch of people used their number and the list as an excuse to cut in line
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    [
    Yeah, at a bar I can see that, but that's different; crap shoot at a bar.... Random Bouncer vs the people handing out 10C tix.
    yeah..i know i look like 23 years old.. :lol::lol:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    [

You mean that by now you can't simply show up at the box office and say "don't you know who I am?" :lol:
  • Options
    the "list" protects the faithful few at the front of the line and that's great...but it screws the middle and back by allowing people to get a number rather than earn a place in line..
  • Options
    acharding wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    [

You mean that by now you can't simply show up at the box office and say "don't you know who I am?" :lol:
    no,i do that only backstage at dressing rooms :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    acharding wrote:
    you were in the front of the line..again, I have no beef with the people that wait it out all day! You guys deserve your spot! but,try walking by the line and seeing only 20 people in line and thinking you have time to go to the preparty...showing back up about 100 from the door (which I was totally cool with)...and by the time the doors open you are 200 people back...because a bunch of people used their number and the list as an excuse to cut in line
    I understand where you are coming from... but that shit will happen even if there wasn't a list. And it would probably be worse. I've seen it happen. A small group of people hold the front and their fucking Facebook friends show up fresh as a fucking daisy before the doors open. that shit happens here in L.A., all the time.
    And i agree... you have a choice.... either stay in/near the line... or go to the parties. You can't expect to go to the parties and still get the rail. That is the bullshit that some people think they deserve.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    I went into the CA shows at like 7:45 and was never any further than 20 feet away. I don't understand that 6am nonsense
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    pssst.

multiple entrances people

just go line up at a different door.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    pssst.

The shows I've been to, GA pit has separate entrance.
    120XXX
  • Options
    mafioso420 wrote:
    pssst.

The shows I've been to, GA pit has separate entrance.
    Vancouver ticket receipt says it's GA entry at all doors..... I think that's what it said for most shows, no? If that's not what happened, then I guess the venue made some independent decisions, which isn't cool because then no one knows what's going on.
  • Options
    Phoenix had a specific entrance for GA... Didn't impact me though. I showed up 45 minutes before start time, walked down to the floor, and stook about 20 feet in front of Stone. I hadn't been on Stone's side in quite a few concerts. I loved every minute of the show and Stoney was awesome the whole night....

- Uncle Snuffy
    Soldier Field - Jul 11, 1995, Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 14, 1997,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 15, 1997, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 27, 1998, United Center - Jun 29, 1998, Riverport Amphitheatre - Jul 02, 1998, Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000, Assembly Hall - Apr 23, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003, Fox Theatre - Oct 05, 2004, United Center - May 16, 2006, United Center - May 17, 2006, United Center - Aug 23, 2009, United Center - Aug 24, 2009, Sprint Center - May 03, 2010, Scottrade Center - May 04, 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    LA and SD had seperate lines. I think i may have heard that the entire floor at vancouver is GA. maybe that is why but not certain
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    LA and SD had seperate lines. I think i may have heard that the entire floor at vancouver is GA. maybe that is why but not certain
    The entire floor in Vancouver is not GA. It's just got a small pit. My 10C ticket instructions say GA entrance at all doors.
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    thats happened to Lara
    Outside your country the only valid government issued form of ID is your passport, your DL cannot be used as a form of ID (only to drive)...but obviously everything will depend on the criteria used by the guy requesting it. I remember I used my Chilean ID to pick up my PJ20 tickets and it was written only in Spanish (I guess everyone in the US knows that "nombre" means name ;))
  • Options
    Fuck the rail huggers and their list!!!
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'