Options

The List and its People

Comments

• Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    I overheard a conversation where a lady told another guy that he didn't have to be there to get a good number because, "Do you know who I am?".

Yes, we all know who you are. You're the losers at the front of every damn line telling people they have to get a number while keeping the prime #'s for your friends.

I walked into all the shows 30 minutes before and was 10 feet away from the folks that stood there all day.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    We got to LA2 at 6:30 in the morning and were numbers 43 and 44. There was only 20 people in line.
    :o:o :fp: :fp:

that is fucking bullshit
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    We got to LA2 at 6:30 in the morning and were numbers 43 and 44. There was only 20 people in line.
    :o:o :fp: :fp:

that is fucking bullshit

I agree. I'm sure they've really good people.
  • Options
    The West Coast is making way too big a deal out of this. Is the list unofficial? Of course it is. If you didn't have a list would there still be people pulling shananigans with their friends? Yes.

You are making much ado about nothing. There are dicks all over the place. And they will act like dicks. List or no list.

My advice - if you're not within easy view of the front of the line, don't even bother. I waited the whole afternoon and got 2 in front of Mike my first show of this tour. Folks kept lining up at like 5 PM way down the street and I was thinking - why bother? Is there really that much of a difference?

Well, at the next show I answered my own question. I went in well after doors opened, started out about 20 back and wound up about 10 back in front of Ed without even trying. I can't imagine folks that were at the back of that line were much further up. (Likewise I knew I had no chance at rail when I showed up at noon).

And if you are close enough to see the front of the line, it won't matter if a couple folks step in. That being said, I didn't see much (if any) of that at the show I stood in line for. So, I'm wondering where folks are in line that this is happening.

A kind of aside, but similar story (if you get my analogy). I was in line at the Philly merch booth and they ran out of posters literally right in front of me. So, as they sent someone inside to get more, they had me start a new line off to the side. As I waited, the person who ended up like 5 behind me in the new line lamented to someone that asked what the line was for that they ran out b/c the last person bought 10 of them. Well, I waited on line with said person and he bought 1 and each of the COUPLES in front of him bought 1 each - that is 1 for each couple. So, where this story came from me and the guy behind me had no idea. Point being - there is always some embellishment for effect. Not saying that's what's happening, but I do wonder why the stories keep gettting worse as they head west.

Good luck and enjoy the experience.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    If this process keeps up, someone is going to get hurt. It's not a question of if, it's when.
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    yeah, that list is a joke.

if i waited in line and somebody with a non official number on their hand told me they should be ahead of me i 'd kindly tell them to f'off.

it's really all become quiet a joke around here
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,271
    Thats BAD, I would bee super pissed and the one with the list should have crossed those numbers on the list.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I can't wait until someone urinates on "the list"
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    edited November 2013
    mfc2006 wrote:
    I still don't know wtf this is all about. I guess I'll find out on Friday.

Me Neither. Didn't hear or see anything about it in OKC or Dallas. Also, I would hope there security up front that would put a stop to people doing this and allowing people to cut in line?
    Post edited by red mos on
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    a list? come on!

and one that the list makers think they can delagate who goes on it and where? :sick:

Just another reason why some pj fans are elitist, self absored, entitled a-holes. someone deserves a kick in the stones...

im seeing more and more of these reasons each day why i decide i wont associate with other fans at shows.

im in and out like white ninja
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    So why didn't everyone just confront these idiots and tell them it's not happening?? I doubt it would have actually lead to a rumble in the parking lot. They would back down and smarten up if everyone else in the line refused to be on the list and refused to let anyone cut in line. How come everyone is so scared of the list people?? Are they particularly intimidating? Armed? I don't get it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    So why didn't everyone just confront these idiots and tell them it's not happening?? I doubt it would have actually lead to a rumble in the parking lot. They would back down and smarten up if everyone else in the line refused to be on the list and refused to let anyone cut in line. How come everyone is so scared of the list people?? Are they particularly intimidating? Armed? I don't get it.

These are the same type of people that drive cars into Eddie's front gate.... ;)
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    red mos wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

Me Neither. Didn't hear or see anything about it in OKC or Dallas.

OKC had the venue staff enforcing the list because "this is what Pearl Jam wants". Hard to disregard the list and it's people when security is involved.
  • Options
    stickfig13 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

These are the same type of people that drive cars into Eddie's front gate.... ;)
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Wow. Okay then. Scary. You don't want to confront them. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Y'all....you can't fix cray-cray.

Just buckle in for the ride
  • Options
    acharding wrote:
    red mos wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

OKC had the venue staff enforcing the list because "this is what Pearl Jam wants". Hard to disregard the list and it's people when security is involved.
    I wonder if they were telling the truth about it being what PJ wants?? I doubt it. They just knew it would make everyone cooperate and reduced their chances of having issues with the line people.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    If this process keeps up, someone is going to get hurt. It's not a question of if, it's when.

Someone got mugged in front of the Oracle building today...for reals. Now she doesn't have her passport, can't pick up her tickets to Spokane, or Seattle, and can't go to the Vancouver show.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenclubmembers/
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure they lied out their ass about "what PJ wants" but the event staff bought it.

If some random fan was telling me to get a number and write my name in a book, I would tell him exactly where he could put his little notebook. It becomes a whole different animal when the people that CAN keep me from entering the building are involved.
  • Options
    Someone tries to cut ahead of me with some list in their hands, I'm grabbing that list and making like Lou Brown in Major League when Roger Dorn handed him his contract.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    RKCNDY wrote:

Someone got mugged in front of the Oracle building today...for reals. Now she doesn't have her passport, can't pick up her tickets to Spokane, or Seattle, and can't go to the Vancouver show.

I heard about this too, I hope the 10 club can work around this so at least she can go to the shows. I know she was at the Brazilian consulate, so maybe they can some how issue her a temp id that would suffice. The poor girl is going to leave the US with a very bad taste in her mouth otherwise. I know people want to be first in line, but you have to be realistic, lining up in Oakland, CA at 5:30am is not the greatest idea in the world.

that being said, I wish her luck. Poor thing.
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

That suuuuuucks! .... Doubt it was a line person or a 10C member who robbed her though. There is a lesson here: Never walk around with your passport unless you're heading to/from the airport/border!!!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Everybody wants to rule the world.............
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    a list? come on!

and one that the list makers think they can delagate who goes on it and where? :sick:

Just another reason why some pj fans are elitist, self absored, entitled a-holes. someone deserves a kick in the stones...

im seeing more and more of these reasons each day why i decide i wont associate with other fans at shows.

im in and out like white ninja

I'm with you on not associating with people. I meet up with people I already know and have a great time.

It's sad for those of you who can do GA. I admit I am jealous of not being able to get GA (I have PTSD and close quarters like that trigger my PTSD) so I do reserve seats because I still have that little bit of space.

But to me it seems like every city has had a GA issue. It's pretty shitty that people think they are entitled to a spot I'm glad I know I won't have to put up with this shit.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

I heard about this too, I hope the 10 club can work around this so at least she can go to the shows. I know she was at the Brazilian consulate, so maybe they can some how issue her a temp id that would suffice. The poor girl is going to leave the US with a very bad taste in her mouth otherwise. I know people want to be first in line, but you have to be realistic, lining up in Oakland, CA at 5:30am is not the greatest idea in the world.

that being said, I wish her luck. Poor thing.
    Yeah, another good point. Just because it's for PJ, it doesn't mean being all alone in a strange city with lots of crime for a GA line up will be safe!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

That suuuuuucks! .... Doubt it was a line person or a 10C member who robbed her though. There is a lesson here: Never walk around with your passport unless you're heading to/from the airport/border!!!
    its the only way when u are in another country to pick up your 10c tix,and if are at GA will have with u
    thats happened to Lara
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    acharding wrote:
    red mos wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

So... I can't remember where I read it, but it was pretty recently. There was an article with Tim Bierman (president of 10 Club), and he stated that "the list" was a load of BS. If anyone can find it, please post a link.
    120XXX
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

its the only way when u are in another country to pick up your 10c tix,and if are at GA will have with u
    thats happened to Lara
    What do you mean. Can't you just use your driver's license or other government ID from your own country??
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Im gonna start cutting peoples hands off.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    That's sucks for the girl from Brazil. Hope she had photocopy of her passport or other proof of identification for the consulate. Hope it wasn't one of the girls on the rail next to me in Phoenix. Nice people... Shame some stupid fuck robbed her, if this is true story. :nono:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    PJ_Soul wrote:

thats happened to Lara
    What do you mean. Can't you just use your driver's license or other government ID from your own country??
    yours yes..its written in english.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”