SEACIDESEACIDE Posts: 410
    Fuck the list....
    Love is all you need.....
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Oy Vey not another thread about this
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    This topic has never been discussed here...in the past or recently................................................
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Oy Vey not another thread about this

+! :fp:
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I still don't know wtf this is all about. I guess I'll find out on Friday.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    :fp: :fp:

Easy solution. Ten club puts random number on the GA wristband. You line up hour before the show in numerical order. Fair for everyone. Everyone has fun before the show with no worries. Or after enough complaining they just go back to seniority based tickets and most of us lose out.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Down with ga
  • Options
    Made of StarsMade of Stars Milwaukee, WI Posts: 185
    Excellent idea.
    PP193448 wrote:
    :fp: :fp:

Easy solution. Ten club puts random number on the GA wristband. You line up hour before the show in numerical order. Fair for everyone. Everyone has fun before the show with no worries. Or after enough complaining they just go back to seniority based tickets and most of us lose out.
    Be kind whenever possible.
    It is always possible.
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Down with ga

Yeah, no more GA!
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,271
    Get your'e number, hang around. If you leave you loose it....damn is that so hard to do?
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    I had to miss this whole tour due to having a baby boy born in September (And the band not playing anywhere in the Midwest!) and it was very hard after seeing every set-list. But Wow! The stories fans keep saying about this so called list for GA really has me thankful. I would be furious. At least I know to ask for seats when tickets go on sale in 2014.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    Get your'e number, hang around. If you leave you loose it....damn is that so hard to do?

Are you going to fight the person that leaves and comes back to prevent them from taking your spot?
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    SEACIDE wrote:
    Fuck the list....

:lol: I agree
    Noload wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Down with ga

Yeah, no more GA!

No..keep GA, I love my wing seats
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672

Yeah that's a great idea, but who the hell enforces it?!? That's the reason this list and the people who forced it down our throats ruined things for so many, while protecting their own interest.

The people creating the list aren't doing shit about protecting everyone! They are protecting their own asses and those of whom they know. That's a fact!! To ruin the experience for so many just because they want to protect themselves is such a selfish act.
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    Fuck the list and the fuckers that perpetuate it.

If i wait in line all god damn day thinking I got a shot at the rail, only to find out that a bunch of Dbags with numbers on their hand cut in front me and beat me to it... i would be super pissed.

You mean I just stood here all day, not pissing, eating/drinking and missing out on merch and the whole effin' time I never had a shot? That's how fights break out, seriously!
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438

If i wait in line all god damn day thinking I got a shot at the rail, only to find out that a bunch of Dbags with numbers on their hand cut in front me and beat me to it... i would be super pissed.

You mean I just stood here all day, not pissing, eating/drinking and missing out on merch and the whole effin' time I never had a shot? That's how fights break out, seriously!

Agree 100%. How does one get into this so-called super special Pearl Jam fan group to get away with this crap? Do you have to go to almost every show and know certain people?
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    edited November 2013

One nice girl and her teenaged brother got to venue at 3am. No one was there, so they basically started the line, however the girl walked across the street to the McDonald's to get some tea- when she came back (20mins later) a couple who were sleeping in their car had came out and told the kid brother that they were their first, but they were just sleeping in the car. So they lost their first spot, but not only that, the LIST operator also showed up and then kicked the girl back to the 5th spot because she wasnt their when the list started... So the girl and her kid brother were moved around because she stepped away (across the street to get some tea) for 20mins, even though they were the first standing in line. But Because they were afraid they didn't say much...that's just one of the many stories... And the bullshit that was going on with these dictators...
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    5048940840_Beating_a_dead_horse_by_pjperez_xlarge.jpeg
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    RS151862 wrote:

I don't think this is beating a dead horse. This list concept is pretty stupid and should be complained about by anyone that feels it can ruin someone's time at show. Like many people noted, if everybody knew about it, fine, but they don't so it's not cool. The whole thing actually makes me happy I got reserved seats in Philly and will probably continue to do that going forward. Seems people get douchier the closer to the stage you get.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    RS151862 wrote:

I was just gonna ask if there was a picture of this....

:lol:
  • Options
    EvilTim102EvilTim102 Posts: 135
    edited November 2013
    I don't get it. I've waited in line a bunch of times for a bunch of different shows. Never ran into lists until PJ. I always just made friends with the people near me and we helped eachother out. Whether it was for food, bathroom, or what have you. Then as soon as doors open, you're no longer friends. Then once you get onto the floor fight for the rail, and find eachother back inside, you're friends again.

That being said I made it to front and center for Buffalo
    Post edited by EvilTim102 on
    Mine is mine and yours won't take it's place
  • Options
    CDFishCDFish Boston, MA Posts: 173
    Fuck waiting all day...
    I've said this before. First time GA for Pearl Jam. Walked into Worcester pit after gates opened, sometime around 630-7. Was 5 rows back between Stone and Ed. Time of my life. I really don't see the fucking difference between the rail and a couple rows. Unless the boys' sweat, spit, tambourines, picks, etc are the reason you go to the shows. Sorry, but enough on this topic. Don't participate! Don't make yourselves miserable by waiting all day! It IS possible to still have a rocking time people if you aren't on the rail people!! :)
    Thank you
    Rant over
    Hartford 1996; Mansfield 1&2 2000; Mansfield 3 2003; Boston 1&2 2004; Boston 1 2006; Mansfield 1 2008; Philadelphia 1 2009; Boston 2010; EV solo Providence 2011; Worcester 1 2013; Hartford 2013
  • Options
    the way I see it...

The list sucks. I got screwed too...and it totally ruined my pre-concert-lining-up-for-the-show-fun. Did it ruin my concert experience? No. Not at all...I forgot all about the stupid list and danced all night.

Can you change the list? Nope. People will always be looking out for #1 and you can't change them. You can only change yourself...

Therefore...if it's that big of deal, get reserved seats. If it's going to make you that upset...get reserved seats. Otherwise, know that the list sucks and that this list is unfair. But also know there will always be people like "the list" people and you can never escape them...and go get pissed off in line...and then go rock out and forget about it!!!

I'm not trying to disrespect anyone...I just don't see this changing and when it comes right down to it...you still end up with some of the best "seats" in the house.
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,751
    I'm glad that I chose reserved seating. This is the garbage I don't want to deal with. I can assure you, though, if I was GA and came up against this list and people trying to dictate to me, it would not go over well for them. It would go down.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    acharding wrote:
    the way I see it...

The list sucks. I got screwed too...and it totally ruined my pre-concert-lining-up-for-the-show-fun. Did it ruin my concert experience? No. Not at all...I forgot all about the stupid list and danced all night.

Can you change the list? Nope. People will always be looking out for #1 and you can't change them. You can only change yourself...

Therefore...if it's that big of deal, get reserved seats. If it's going to make you that upset...get reserved seats. Otherwise, know that the list sucks and that this list is unfair. But also know there will always be people like "the list" people and you can never escape them...and go get pissed off in line...and then go rock out and forget about it!!!

I'm not trying to disrespect anyone...I just don't see this changing and when it comes right down to it...you still end up with some of the best "seats" in the house.

I wasn't going to post this thread, but since my new friend from Ohio just text me and told me what she was dealing with in Oakland- it just pissed me off and I had to talk shit about this list and the people who run it. This is the sweetest person I've ever met at a PJ show (50+shows)- She was told that she couldn't leave her spot or else she was going to get booted...She took that threat literally. She is super shy and quite so I image she must be frightened. Her problem is that she doesn't have a GA ticket yet and she's one of the first in line. I told her to stay put while I try to find her a ticket. Told her not to take shit from these bullies and to just let the people around her know that she is going to step away for a restroom break or to grab a quick bite. I just feel bad for her... Such a nice lady who is simply trying to follow the band around and to see what it's like to experience the music from up close. I feel soooo bad for her. :cry:

I personally wouldn't have a problem with a list as long as it was honestly and properly enforced--- all the way to the back.
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    PJammin' wrote:
    I'm glad that I chose reserved seating. This is the garbage I don't want to deal with. I can assure you, though, if I was GA and came up against this list and people trying to dictate to me, it would not go over well for them. It would go down.

that's right, you tell 'em! I too went for reserved, I'm not dealing with this BS.

Plus, back when they had the old system and you had wait in line for hours on end jsut to pick up your tickets in reserved sections by membership number, you met so many wonderful people. For instance, I first met Mr. PJammin' here in line in Philly back in 2003 and we still keep in touch to this day. Granted, we had plans ahead of time to meet but still, I met other people that day that I still keep in touch with as well.

These people making up lists have no right to do what they're doing. You put in your time, you get the prime GA spots, that's all there is to it.
  • Options
    what happened to being a community??? :nono: that's just awful. I am sorry she has to deal with that!
  • Options
    We got to LA2 at 6:30 in the morning and were numbers 43 and 44. There was only 20 people in line.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    We got to LA2 at 6:30 in the morning and were numbers 43 and 44. There was only 20 people in line.

That kind of thing is total bullshit. No one should respect a process that operates in such a way.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:

That kind of thing is total bullshit. No one should respect a process that operates in such a way.

It was like that most of the day.