Options

*** Los Angeles 1 Fanviews Here 11/23/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    ed was LIVID at the chick who was elbowing her way to the front. he lightened up by the end of the set, but he was intense there for a little while.

i had upper level 6th row seats a ways back on mike's side. the ga section here looked about 3x the size of san diego, with quite a bit of space at the back.

band seemed in good spirits (save for ed's rant) but seemed just a bit sloppier than two nights ago. ed was singing slightly ahead of the band during much of indifference, so he might have had quite a bit to drink by that point.

crowd was better than i anticipated for an l.a. show- ga most definitely helped the energy. still lots of people sitting in the upper levels.

highlights for me were all or none, obviously, and garden. my friend, who has seen shows since 92, somehow had never heard garden, so he was plenty excited. tonight won't be remembered by me as one of the greatest i've seen, but it was a solid set with a couple memorable moments. here's hoping night 2 brings it.

on that note, if anyone needs to unload 2 tix for tomorrow, i'd be interested! we're still looking for better than what ticketbastard is offering.
  • Options
    Celeb sightings... Mark Boone Junior/Bobby from Sons of Anarchy and my neighbor at the show said he saw W. Earl Brown/Warren from There's Something About Mary...
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    I saw VIcky... From Small Wonder..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Wma31394 wrote:
    I saw VIcky... From Small Wonder..
    Voice Input Child Identicant

:ugeek:
  • Options
    Awesome show!! I was the "ALL OR NONE" girl!! Thank you Eddie for playing my song and thanks for the delicious wine! :D
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    AndySlash wrote:
    ed was LIVID at the chick who was elbowing her way to the front. he lightened up by the end of the set, but he was intense there for a little while.

i had upper level 6th row seats a ways back on mike's side. the ga section here looked about 3x the size of san diego, with quite a bit of space at the back.

band seemed in good spirits (save for ed's rant) but seemed just a bit sloppier than two nights ago. ed was singing slightly ahead of the band during much of indifference, so he might have had quite a bit to drink by that point.

crowd was better than i anticipated for an l.a. show- ga most definitely helped the energy. still lots of people sitting in the upper levels.

highlights for me were all or none, obviously, and garden. my friend, who has seen shows since 92, somehow had never heard garden, so he was plenty excited. tonight won't be remembered by me as one of the greatest i've seen, but it was a solid set with a couple memorable moments. here's hoping night 2 brings it.

on that note, if anyone needs to unload 2 tix for tomorrow, i'd be interested! we're still looking for better than what ticketbastard is offering.

How much you guys want to bet that chick is a 10C member and somehow was involved with the "list". :corn:
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,240
    Celeb sightings... and my neighbor at the show said he saw W. Earl Brown/Warren from There's Something About Mary...
    Have you seen my baseball?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    :o - Amazing! So jealous! :mrgreen: Wish I could afford to get to a show in some of these big cities. LEATHERMAN!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,077
    Looks like there was some Velvet Underground (After Hours) on the setlist but not played.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    What an encore!!awesome
    Thanks Sesa
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    That was the loudest crowd I have experienced since MSG 2010. I thought the sound quality in the arena was amazing

All or None was incredible. Thank you PJ. :D
    1995: San Francisco, San Diego
    2000: Phoenix
    2008: Camden 2
    2009: San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2
    2010: MSG 1, MSG 2
    2011: Alpine 1, Alpine 2
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Wrigley, Phoenix, San Diego, LA1, LA2, Oakland
    2014: Denver
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1
  • Options
    Wow, it's been awhile since Eddie has come unglued on stage like that. I love the setlist. I'll have to check out some YouTube videos. Thanks for the great reports.
    -Pearlhawk.

Kansas City 5/3/2010
    St. Louis 5/4/2010
    St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo)
    East Troy 9/3/2011
    East Troy 9/4/2011
    Wrigley Field 7/19/2013
  • Options
    Awesome show!! I was the "ALL OR NONE" girl!! Thank you Eddie for playing my song and thanks for the delicious wine! :D

Right on!!!! :D
    1995: San Francisco, San Diego
    2000: Phoenix
    2008: Camden 2
    2009: San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2
    2010: MSG 1, MSG 2
    2011: Alpine 1, Alpine 2
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Wrigley, Phoenix, San Diego, LA1, LA2, Oakland
    2014: Denver
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    What a show to kick off the tour for me! Wow! :-D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    Luckytwn1 wrote:
    I thought this one of the best shows I've ever seen. Better than Thursday and that is saying something. And my fan club number is around 70XXX so I didn't start seeing shows last year, if you know what I mean. :)

The main set was great, the encores went to an entirely different level. Every minute of the encores was special.

The version of Black was so off the charts stunning, words cannot do it justice. If there has ever been a better version of Black played, I need to hear it. The entire show the band was on fire. I think the incident during Corduroy if anything only served to fire Ed up.

All or None...WOW. But it was the entire mix of songs. Jeremy was fabulous but then you also get Garden and Leatherman and the new stuff sounds great. Loved Yellow Moon. Release, I Got Shit, Dissident...all fantastic.

Just absolutely a fabulous night.

Black at Brooklyn 2 was of the same intensity and quality of which I think you speak, check it out when you get a chance. Also interesting that Dennis Rodman was down in the pit.
    Hail Hail The Lucky Ones!!!

Saratoga 92, Hartford 96, Hartford 98, Jones Beach 3 00, Mansfield 1 03, Mansfield 2 03, Camden 1 03, MSG 1 03, MSG 2 03, Mansfield 3 03, Holmdel 03, Boston 1 04, Albany 06, Hartford 06, East Rutherford 1 06, Camden 2 08, MSG 1 08, MSG 2 08, Hartford 08, Mansfield 1 08, Mansfield 2 08, Spectrum 4 09, Hartford 10, MSG 1 10, MSG 2 10, EV Hartford 11, Philly 12, Brooklyn 1 13, Brooklyn 2 13, Hartford 13, MSG 1 16, MSG 2 16, Fenway 1 16, Temple Of The Dog MSG 16
  • Options
    TallGuyCM wrote:
    I'm kind of surprised at all of the gushing, I wasn't particularly blown away by the show tonight. San Diego this past Thursday set a bar that I knew wouldn't be reached, but I thought that perhaps being a lot closer in GA tonight might add something special.

I hear you. Separating the experience from the show itself, I kinda agree with you. A really fun/interesting night, but not a bootleg I would recommend based on reports/clips from other shows.

The placement of GTF, Unthought, Solat were cool; a couple really nice deep cuts, but the show felt most notable for some crowd incidents. It was the kind of show where you know we're spoiled because it felt incredible... And not too much out of the ordinary.

Not at all complaining. A fabulous time. Excited for tonight.
  • Options
    mr.macmr.mac Posts: 162
    All or None!!!
  • Options
    FadedGloryFadedGlory Chicagoland Posts: 416
    I did Wrigley in July, my "home game" show. I flew to Boston for both Worcester shows last month, and then flew to LA for both of these shows. Kinda figured doing both coasts and Wrigley would be a solid year to not complain about.

It's hard to fathom that we got 8/11 of "Ten" last night ... and "Evenflow" was NOT one of them. That's kinda nutty.

We got the Mamasan trilogy, just not in order. Still very cool, though, since "Footsteps" was a bucket list song for me one of these two nights.

We got both "Merkin Ball" songs, also not in order, but also very cool.

I'm really starting to feel the "Pendulum"-"Release" combo to open. I can get behind that, even though I'm sort of a strict meat-and-potatoes man who would be fine if every show I went to just opened with "Release."

"Garden" was a fantastic surprise.

I have never seen "Black" that insane. 9 1/2 minutes or something, by my count.

I had second row, behind the stage, just a single. My buddy from LA had a single elsewhere. We said screw it, and we just went to the rafters right next to the clock, knowing we'd be able to sit together. (So when the camera showed the clock, we probably should've dove into the shot for that once-in-a-lifetime moment. But that also seemed douchey.)

For those concerned on the few shows left on this tour, I've been behind the stage for two shows now, and it's NOT BAD AT ALL. You get your own speakers, you see what the band sees, Eddie turns around a bunch, as do all the guys (except for Matt, I guess). It's not nearly as "obstructed view" as you'd think. If it's your only option to just get in the building, don't be afraid of those seats at all.

All in all, just a fantastic show. And I am really struggling to get my head around what we might get tonight. I feel a bunch of "No Code" and "Yield" coming on, which I would have ZERO complaints about. And I'm guessing we'll get the other half of "Lightning Bolt" that we didn't get at Night 1.

I'll go ahead and predict "Love Boat Captain" to open Night 2. Can't wait.

1992: Chicago, Tinley Park
    1995: Chicago
    2009: Chicago
    2013: Chicago, Worcester I+II, Los Angeles I+II
    2014: Cincinnati, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, Toronto II
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV solo)
    2018: Seattle I+II, Chicago I+II, Boston I
    2022: Chicago I+II (EV & Earthlings), Los Angeles I+II, Las Vegas (canceled), New York, St. Louis
    2023: St. Paul I+II, Chicago I+II, Indianapolis (canceled)

• Options
    Excellent show, obviously people should be courteous but I was actually glad when Ed got pissed at that fan because the angry energy increased and reminded me of my first PJ concert at Vegas 20 years ago this month at the Aladdin!
    I was really impressed with the crowd and the energy. I was 3rd row back on floor behind GA and everytime I looked back people were up and jumping. I should be grateful for scoring such a good ticket but I have to say that it killed me watching everyone walk into GA when I couldn't.
    I had a 15yo kid on one side of me and 13yo on the other with their fathers, both at their first concerts. PJ gave them a night they will long remember and hopefully cherish! I'm sure they will be back for more.
    Release, Black and Garden all gave me chills. Come Back almost brought tears to my eyes. All or None was really cool, thanks to the girl with the sign, and of course, I always love to rock out to Spin the Black Circle and Do The Evolution (calves are sore from jumping).
    Enjoy the show tonight all those souls fortunate enough to go!
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    Vegas - 93 / Vegas - 06 / Berkeley (Eddie) - 08 / LA - 09 / SD - 09 / Santa Barbara (Eddie) - 11 / LA - 13 / Dana Point (Eddie - Ohana) - 17 / Boston Sept 2 and 4 - 18 / Ohana 18 / Ohana 19
  • Options
    I was at MSG 2010, and I completely agree with you. Still get chills from that night's "Better Man".
    That was the loudest crowd I have experienced since MSG 2010. I thought the sound quality in the arena was amazing

All or None was incredible. Thank you PJ. :D
  • Options
    Im going to the show tonight and are you able to bring cameras in other than your cell phone?
    Thanks
    Also did anyone pick up tickets at will call from the fan club? if so how did that go? was it a mess?
  • Options
    Those are some amazing shots! Did the venue allow a proper camera to be brought in, or are you just very clever?
    JH315 wrote:
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    DR156230 wrote:
    Im going to the show tonight and are you able to bring cameras in other than your cell phone?
    Thanks

A Canon or Nikon DSLR that obviously has the ability to change lenses isn't going to get past security. That means your pro-sumer 14megapixel Rebel or Nikon D5100, or your Pro level Nikon D3 with a 70-200 2.8 or EOS 1DX and 400 2.8, isn't something you're strolling in with , unless, of course, you're a former major league baseball pitcher known as "the big unit", Randy Johnson...yawn. If the camera you're planning on bringing is large, you're looking for issues.

Smaller point and shoots are fine, and if you know what you're doing, you can get pretty good results with them. The ability to have manual control of the exposure is helpful, because the lighting's pretty tricky.

The search function in here is helpful for questions like that.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Planning to attend sports arena show Sunday night. What time did they go on Saturday night? I'm planning for work and traffic issues. Thanks!!!
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Celeb sighting....

Freaking McLovin! I have no idea what his name is but he was in the GA section with some friends.

Show had a ton of energy. Not sure it compares set list wise to SD, but really cool to see almost all of Ten played.

Maybe it was just my observation, but I think the band loses their mojo when Ed goes on rants. It's a momentum killer most times.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    Show started at 8:30. tickets say 7:30, and we were a little concerned about getting in on time, because the line through security moved very slowly. It all worked out, though...

Planning to attend sports arena show Sunday night. What time did they go on Saturday night? I'm planning for work and traffic issues. Thanks!!!
  • Options
    misterbee wrote:
    Show started at 8:30. tickets say 7:30, and we were a little concerned about getting in on time, because the line through security moved very slowly. It all worked out, though...

Thanks, Misterbee!!!
  • Options
    JF110284JF110284 Posts: 41
    edited November 2013
    Definitely one of the top PJ shows I've seen. Pendulum-Release-Long Road was a great opening trio. As others have mentioned, playing 7/10 of Ten (w/o Even Flow!) plus Footsteps and SOLAT was a real gift. Garden was particularly great - a slower, weighty version that rivals any I've heard (bootleg collector here). And Ed's energy early on from the crowd incident resulted in one of the best versions of Corduroy I can recall. Add STBC, Dissident, I Got Sh!t, Come Back, Leatherman! and... (drumroll) All or None!!, and definitely was a night to remember. Can't wait for the bootleg...
    Post edited by JF110284 on
    2003 - Santa Barbara
    2005 - Vancouver
    2006 - San Diego, Los Angeles I & II, Santa Barbara
    2008 - Mansfield II, Westwood (VH1 Honors the Who)
    2009 - Universal City III
    2013 - Los Angeles I & II
  • Options
    Awesome concert….I have been flying in from GUAM, in the South Pacific to get my much needed doses of Pearl Jam…this trip, was the first for Father and 16 year old son to share together. PJ is in his top 3 which is a great thing for me to see… San Diego was amazing and LA1 with much attention paid to TEN was quite nice being that this is their 10th album! :)

Another plane trip tomorrow to San Francisco and my son & I will complete a 3 Concert Tour - feels like we are on tour with the band! We will miss Thanksgiving on the flight back to GUAM, but the wife and daughter are in full support of this wonderful Tour…..and this is a great Thanksgiving for me to have Pearl Jam play me into the holidays…the soundtrack of my life in many highs and lows…thanks EdVed

It's good to see Eddie get fired up…having said that…I wish people would behave in concerts and not stir up negative shit….it just seems to disrespectful if not for the other concert goers but to the Eddie, Stone, Jeff, Mike & Matt - they give us, and those people take…

what was it Eddie said at the end of one song…"So what you giving?"

Brian Artero
    GUAM
    b artero
    Guam
  • Options
    Incredible show, topped SD in my opinion. Sick set list, insane crowd energy and the band was on fire!
    Warfield Theater - May 15, 1992, Greek Theatre - Oct 31, 1993, Merriweather Post Pavilion - Sep 24, 1996 Merriweather Post Pavilion -Sep 18, 1998, RFK Stadium - Jun 14, 1998, Shoreline Amphitheatre - Oct 31, 2000, MGM Grand - Jun 06, 2003, Bill Graham Civic Auditorium -Jul 16, 2006, Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 18, 2006, Zellerbach Hall April 07, 2008 (EV) Gibson Amphitheater - Sep 30, 2009, Gibson Amphitheater - Oct 01, 2009 Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006, Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009 Copley Symphony Hall - July 05, 2011 (EV)
This discussion has been closed.