Options

Eddie Vedder Review

Comments

• Options
    Here's the hat on sale
    img0001od3.th.jpg
    The pink background makes it look worse than it does.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    VERY nice!!!! :)
    im just glad its one subpar poster for the whole west coast tour... i would be pissed if they were all different and really cool and i had to spend tons of money on them or miss out all together...

wonder what other kind of merch is available... id imagine those ITW shirts that came with the 10C sale... i hear theres a cool zippo for sale as well...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    Cahoots wrote:
    Wow...

You guys are really hyper critcial.

It was a SHOW! The music was really good. You got your moneys worth, I know you did.

Actually, I am saying this in all honesty..I would've rather stayed home and listened to my music collection than pay to see that..I paid for music, not buffoons yelling.

This was one of the most unenjoyable concerts i've ever been to.
  • Options
    CahootsCahoots Posts: 140
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    there is no bitterness in that post. S/He was simply pointing out something that should bother any Pearl Jam fan who is decent enough to let the artist do what they came to do.
    Ed said so himself? You couldn't pick out the sarcasm there?
    What we need right now is the Ed from Mansfield 98 show, Indio 93 show and most certainly the one from that legendary Hershey show to kick some retarded moron ass for ruining it for the rest of us.

Nothing worse than an obsessive/anal Pearl Jam fan who takes things too seriously.

You want to complain? Why not complain about the performer who fucks up 5 songs and skips a whole verse of a beatles cover...
    Cahoots

1992 VAN
    1993 VAN
    1998 Missoula
    2000 Barcelona & Boise
    2002 SEA 2x
    2003 VAN
    2005 VAN, Calgary, Edmonton & Saskatoon
    2006 The Gorge
    2009 SEA & VAN
    2011 VAN
    2013 Portland & VAN
    2015 Mexico City
    2018 Missoula
  • Options
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e330/sharkie002/DSC_0350.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e330/sharkie002/DSC_0351.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e330/sharkie002/DSC_0352.jpg

Zippo, T-shirts and poster were $30 dollars each

T-shirts were the same as the Into The Wild bundle, Men and Ladies sized and it had some writting in the back and the signs of the interstates the tour is going through I5, Route 99 and I something in Cali.

They had a badge & sticker set for $10 and the Burn to Shine DVD for Sale as well... there was also a cap... that one I don't have a picture of because I didn't buy one.
    ill just pass this along for those not jumping between this thread and the other one... the lighter is awesome! im gonna have to start smoking! or making more baked alaska...

• Options
    Igottago wrote:
    OK..now for my review a.k.a the truth (from the other thread):

Just got home from the show..Ed was good..crowd sucked ass. People ruined the fucking show tonight by being useless loudmouth retards. What part of a small theatre show do people not understand? This is not a fucking football game, we don't need to hear all your useless fucking comments shouted out after every chord progression...Dead Man is not a song to stand up and pump your fist to, and yell and scream during the verses. Retards I swear...Ed will never pull off a decent solo set because most people there are fucking retarded and don't understand the concept of atmosphere, mood, MUSIC, and shutting the fuck up for once.

Oh yeah, and the guy with the long hair setting up the guitars in the white labcoat is not Eddie Vedder you stupid imbecels...no need to get overly excited about that part.

I have no complaints about the music, or Ed..the sound was fantastic, as this venue is amazing for that type of intimate setting...unforutunately most apes there were too busy yelling out stupid shit to realize that. Do we really need to hear you cheer after each line of a song? I was really hoping for an "unplugged" type atmosphere...if it was like that, could have been a great show. But the people fucking ruined it.

To give Ed credit it seemed he gave up on trying to have an intimate show and made the show a bit funner at the end...he knew he couldn't compete with the retarded crowd this night.

That pretty much sums up my experience tonight.

So if I can ask anything, please get your yelling and screaming and dumb ass comments out before the show so people can actually get into and enjoy the music.

I like how many times this guy uses the word "Retard", it's an under appreciated word in my opinion.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Options
    Cahoots wrote:
    Nothing worse than an obsessive/anal Pearl Jam fan who takes things too seriously.

You want to complain? Why not complain about the performer who fucks up 5 songs and skips a whole verse of a beatles cover...

Would you be able to play through that shit?...at one point some idiot behind me yelled "pearl Jam played lollapalooza in 92!"...What the fuck is that? Why are you yelling that?? What does that have to do with anything?

Music fans got shafted of a potentially great show tonight. Its the concensus..my brother turned to me and told me this was the worst crowd he's ever seen, and he's not an obsessed Pearl Jam fan, just a music fan.
  • Options
    babagigubabagigu Posts: 14
    A security guard gave a dad and his sleepy little girl sitting in front of me (row P, right side) the setlist. The dad told me he didn't ask for it - the security guard just gave it to him. That was neat for me to see it before the show ended.
    98 Barrie
    03 Toronto
    05 Montreal, Ottawa
    08 Vancouver 1 (Ed)
  • Options
    andydick8andydick8 Posts: 205
    Igottago wrote:
    Would you be able to play through that shit?...at one point some idiot behind me yelled "pearl Jam played lollapalooza in 92!"...What the fuck is that? Why are you yelling that?? What does that have to do with anything?

lol.
    I missed that one. That beats the whole comment about the security guards being too distracting.
    Add your benaroya vinyl # to the list!!!
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=104018
  • Options
    Igottago wrote:

Music fans got shafted of a potentially great show tonight. Its the concensus..my brother turned to me and told me this was the worst crowd he's ever seen, and he's not an obsessed Pearl Jam fan, just a music fan.

He did play through it! And so what if he fucked up? Thats my point, its never going to be perfect. But if you consider the show ruined and hold such disdain for the people who were yelling, more power to you. You set your own tone. You be grumpy Ill be happy.

The music was great. thats what I paid for and I got and Ill go back tomorrow.
    Cahoots

1992 VAN
    1993 VAN
    1998 Missoula
    2000 Barcelona & Boise
    2002 SEA 2x
    2003 VAN
    2006 The Gorge
    2009 SEA & VAN
    2011 VAN
    2013 Portland & VAN
    2015 Mexico City
    2018 Missoula
  • Options
    babagigu wrote:
    sleepy little girl
    what a retarded asshole! the opportunity to see eddie and shes sleeping through it! thats the most offensively retarded thing ive read about the crowd yet!

• Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,934
    sgossard3 wrote:
    what a retarded asshole! the opportunity to see eddie and shes sleeping through it! thats the most offensively retarded thing ive read about the crowd yet!

That was funny!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    babagigu wrote:
    A security guard gave a dad and his sleepy little girl sitting in front of me (row P, right side) the setlist. The dad told me he didn't ask for it - the security guard just gave it to him. That was neat for me to see it before the show ended.

Baba,
    Hah, was that you on the edge who had to keep getting up and down for people coming in? You fly here just for the show?
  • Options
    oddflowoddflow Posts: 4
    I have to disagree with this whole "the crowd was horrible" argument. The truth of the matter was that there was a handfull of complete morons and a room cool people around them. Sure those few morons yelled "We love you Eddie" waaaayyyyyy too much but that does not take away from the other people who were really into it. Eddie sang his ass off and I wasn't about to have my time ruined because a drunk moron had to spout off every now and then.

Also the set list was pretty much what I thought it would be some pearl jam songs, some soundtrack stuff, some covers and some others as well. Over all a great show that would have been even better if 10 or so people had stayed home and hung with their bros.

Sorry that they managed to ruin it for you.
  • Options
    Cahoots wrote:
    He did play through it! And so what if he fucked up? Thats my point, its never going to be perfect. But if you consider the show ruined and hold such disdain for the people who were yelling, more power to you. You set your own tone. You be grumpy Ill be happy.

The music was great. thats what I paid for and I got and Ill go back tomorrow.

I'm not asking for perfection..I'm asking for common sense..this crowd had none. Like I said earlier, Ed did a great job of handling it. I'm glad you enjoyed it..you'd probably enjoy anything that has to do with Pearl Jam, which is your right...I'm not just a Pearl Jam fan, but also a music fan and I can call this show for what it was, and it isn't going to rank very highly in my books, thanks to the tools in the audience.
  • Options
    The little girl was likely a grade 3 kid. Gimme a break!
    She was even wearing a PJ sweaty.
    sgossard3 wrote:
    98 Barrie
    03 Toronto
    05 Montreal, Ottawa
    08 Vancouver 1 (Ed)
  • Options
    so away from the topic of shitty crowd for a second... no uke tonight? thats surprising... i was thinking hed play atleast a few

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    so away from the topic of shitty crowd for a second... no uke tonight? thats surprising... i was thinking hed play atleast a few

Oh there was plenty of uke. He even went into detail about how good of a friend his uke is to him.
  • Options
    babagigu wrote:
    The little girl was likely a grade 3 kid. Gimme a break!
    She was even wearing a PJ sweaty.
    sorry you didnt catch my sarcasm...

sounds cute!

• Options
    Igottago wrote:
    Oh there was plenty of uke. He even went into detail about how good of a friend his uke is to him.
    oh i mustve missed the uke songs when i looked at the set before... nvm

• Options
    Cahoots wrote:

Good point. You know that scene in Into the Wild where Emile returns to the city life in LA and everything is different to him? I kindof had a feeling like that today when I showed up and overheard complete strangers talking to each other about their membership numbers, and how many shows they've seen, ect. Why did we decide that the seriousness of your commitment to the band is directly related to how many digits your fan club membership is?
  • Options
    Yep, that was me. Ya, I flew down from Whitehorse, Yukon.
    Back tomorrow. No second night for me.
    Take care,
    Baba,
    Hah, was that you on the edge who had to keep getting up and down for people coming in? You fly here just for the show?
    98 Barrie
    03 Toronto
    05 Montreal, Ottawa
    08 Vancouver 1 (Ed)
  • Options
    andydick8 wrote:
    Good point. You know that scene in Into the Wild where Emile returns to the city life in LA and everything is different to him? I kindof had a feeling like that today when I showed up and overheard complete strangers talking to each other about their membership numbers, and how many shows they've seen, ect. Why did we decide that the seriousness of your commitment to the band is directly related to how many digits your fan club membership is?

yeah there is way too much of that shit too..I think a lot of the yellers were actually obsessive Pearl Jam fans...I've actually let my membership expire because this stuff bothers me so much..seems like the music is secondary to being "part of the Jamily" corporate structure these days.
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    From your signature, I see that you've been to many shows. I just find it interesting that you don't find this the least annoying.
    Music is always great and that's what we are here for. But really, people should show some respect for the artist on stage.

You're right... I have been to a few shows.

This wasn't annoying enough to change my opinion of ed's performance or my experience. It was incredible

I dont give a shit about the knuckle head who drank 10 beer before he went in, or the guy complaining about security, or about security who was trying to catch the you tube guy or the you tube guy who pissed off ed with his flash. If Ed sucked, I would complain. Foo Fighters sucked I complained.
    Cahoots

1992 VAN
    1993 VAN
    1998 Missoula
    2000 Barcelona & Boise
    2002 SEA 2x
    2003 VAN
    2006 The Gorge
    2009 SEA & VAN
    2011 VAN
    2013 Portland & VAN
    2015 Mexico City
    2018 Missoula
  • Options
    Igottago wrote:
    yeah there is way too much of that shit too..I think a lot of the yellers were actually obsessive Pearl Jam fans...I've actually let my membership expire because this stuff bothers me so much..seems like the music is secondary to being "part of the Jamily" corporate structure these days.

Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    mandalinamandalina Posts: 76
    andydick8 wrote:
    People are retards.

The most ridiculous comment I heard in my entire life was tonight.
    "Um, mister Vedder. The security guards are walking up the isles and their lights are very dustracting"

Who says that? honestly??

To his credit, he handled it quite well, I thought.

That was SO frustrating, considering how people were treating security. They were just doing their job, and SO many people brought cameras and stuff...then they have the nerve to yell to Eddie to get the security guards out of the aisles??

I don't want to sound pessimistic, but I have to echo the sentiment in regards to the crowd. People just didn't realise where they were; yes, we can hear you when you are talking during the song, and yes, so can Eddie. It seemed like he was getting a bit flustered by all the shouts, etc, by the middle of the show.

That said I thought the show was absolutely amazing...I was so ridiculously moved, and I didn't expect to be. Ed's on top of his game in terms of playing, and his voice...yeah he screwed up lyrics, but we had to see that coming :) The setlist was perfect, you can tell he's a master at creating a show...and Liam Finn! Holy crap.
  • Options
    mandalina wrote:
    ...and Liam Finn! Holy crap.

It's great to see all of the love for Liam and EJ. I saw them here in Seattle recently and was really impressed.

CA folks:

c h e c k

h i m

o u t ! ! !
  • Options
    mandalinamandalina Posts: 76
    It's great to see all of the love for Liam and EJ. I saw them here in Seattle recently and was really impressed.

CA folks:

c h e c k

h i m

o u t ! ! !

I have his album and liked it, but their live performance was ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL. I was utterly and happily blown away.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    mandalina wrote:
    I have his album and liked it, but their live performance was ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL. I was utterly and happily blown away.

that's the key ... I saw his (their) liver performance on DirecTVs 101 from SXSW ... he was quite amazing ... while I like his album, I imagine seeing Liam Finn live is 10x better.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    leavin hereleavin here Posts: 145
    Okay well I thought it was an AMAZING show, highlights for me was Youre True, Broken Hearted, Wont Back Down, Hard Sun, Around the Bend, Porch to name a few off the top of my head.

Liam Finn killlllllled it, it was such a good show.

And to comment on the crowd...

Some people were a bit out of line, and a few people behind me kept talking and having a conversation which was strange, and the 2 people beside me sat there with their arms folded the whole time.

I wish more people stood up every now and then for certain songs cause i was rocking out in my chair.

About the securty comment, I actually liked the fact that eddie listened to the guy and asked security to lay off a bit. There was a guy in front of me, who took some pics without the flash and security made him delete them all. The security people would run over and stick their hand in front of the camera, I know there are rules, but it was just uncalled for.

overall....best show ive been too, which doesnt say much to those who have been to tons, but it was amazing, cant wait to do it again tomorrow night!
    Vancouver 09/02/05, so far so good