Options

Eddie Vedder Review

CahootsCahoots Posts: 140
edited April 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
It was an incredible show. Very intimate and very diverse. I didn't write down the setlist but Porch was played and that was pretty fucking cool. Also Man of the Hour and scoiety were notable highlights. Shit, the whole show was awesome!

Ed Fucked up alot which was funny.

Thanks to the ten club I was third row centre.

Liam Finn was so good! Do not miss his opening act!

Now I just have to figure out how to get tix for tommorow.
Cahoots

1992 VAN
1993 VAN
1998 Missoula
2000 Barcelona & Boise
2002 SEA 2x
2003 VAN
2005 VAN, Calgary, Edmonton & Saskatoon
2006 The Gorge
2009 SEA & VAN
2011 VAN
2013 Portland & VAN
2015 Mexico City
2018 Missoula
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
    Do you know approx. how far back the 10c seats went?

Thanks for the report.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • Options
    Glad you enjoyed the show.....check ticketmaster for tomorrow. There were tix available earlier this week. I'd do it quick tho, you are prolly not the only one who feels that way. Good luck!
  • Options
    no idea... I assume maybe 15 rows...

Lost of people were there early to get posters.
    Cahoots

1992 VAN
    1993 VAN
    1998 Missoula
    2000 Barcelona & Boise
    2002 SEA 2x
    2003 VAN
    2006 The Gorge
    2009 SEA & VAN
    2011 VAN
    2013 Portland & VAN
    2015 Mexico City
    2018 Missoula
  • Options
    What are the posters like?
  • Options
    IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    OK..now for my review a.k.a the truth (from the other thread):

Just got home from the show..Ed was good..crowd sucked ass. People ruined the fucking show tonight by being useless loudmouth retards. What part of a small theatre show do people not understand? This is not a fucking football game, we don't need to hear all your useless fucking comments shouted out after every chord progression...Dead Man is not a song to stand up and pump your fist to, and yell and scream during the verses. Retards I swear...Ed will never pull off a decent solo set because most people there are fucking retarded and don't understand the concept of atmosphere, mood, MUSIC, and shutting the fuck up for once.

Oh yeah, and the guy with the long hair setting up the guitars in the white labcoat is not Eddie Vedder you stupid imbecels...no need to get overly excited about that part.

I have no complaints about the music, or Ed..the sound was fantastic, as this venue is amazing for that type of intimate setting...unforutunately most apes there were too busy yelling out stupid shit to realize that. Do we really need to hear you cheer after each line of a song? I was really hoping for an "unplugged" type atmosphere...if it was like that, could have been a great show. But the people fucking ruined it.

To give Ed credit it seemed he gave up on trying to have an intimate show and made the show a bit funner at the end...he knew he couldn't compete with the retarded crowd this night.

That pretty much sums up my experience tonight.

So if I can ask anything, please get your yelling and screaming and dumb ass comments out before the show so people can actually get into and enjoy the music.
  • Options
    Show was SICK. No other pearl jam members. Ending was just undescribable. Hard Sun with Liam Finn and EG backing up vocals and drums, Eddie finally stood up and rocked a little. The pumped in some smoke from the side stage it was a great ending to a great show. Very intimate setting. Eddie handled the crowd yelling random stupid shit at him very well. He f'd up guarenteed, then pulled it in for an amazing rendition. Then he went into Rise and stopped dead after the firse few lines and said "now that one I knew i was going to fuck up, it's a short one so I'm going to start over" then he played the shit out of it naturally.

Walking the cow started the show, Millworker was crazy good. Trouble, Man of the Hour, Society (played with Liam Finn), No More, Hide your love away, Porch were great highlights that come to mind.
  • Options
    hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
    Cahoots wrote:
    no idea... I assume maybe 15 rows...

Lost of people were there early to get posters.

Cool, right on. So you lucked out!
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • Options
    bernmodibernmodi Posts: 631
    Igottago wrote:

Just got home from the show..Ed was good..crowd sucked ass. People ruined the fucking show tonight by being useless loudmouth retards. What part of a small theatre show do people not understand? This is not a fucking football game, we don't need to hear all your useless fucking comments shouted out after every chord progression...Dead Man is not a song to stand up and pump your fist to, and yell and scream during the verses. Retards I swear...Ed will never pull off a decent solo set because most people there are fucking retarded and don't understand the concept of atmosphere, mood, MUSIC, and shutting the fuck up for once.

Oh yeah, and the guy with the long hair setting up the guitars in the white labcoat is not Eddie Vedder you stupid imbecels...no need to get overly excited about that part.

I have no complaints about the music, or Ed..the sound was fantastic, as this venue is amazing for that type of intimate setting...unforutunately most apes there were too busy yelling out stupid shit to realize that. Do we really need to hear you cheer after each line of a song? I was really hoping for an "unplugged" type atmosphere...if it was like that, could have been a great show. But the people fucking ruined it.

To give Ed credit it seemed he gave up on trying to have an intimate show and made the show a bit funner at the end...he knew he couldn't compete with the retarded crowd this night.

So if I can ask anything, please get your yelling and screaming and dumb ass comments out before the show so people can actually get into and enjoy the music.

Sorry about this experience, hope you still somehow had some fun. How long did he play?
  • Options
    he played for little under 2 hours, 1 hr 45 min to my best guess. First encore played 3 songs I think, then last one just hard sun.
  • Options
    Igottago wrote:

Thats a bit harsh... No? No need to be so bitter. the crowd was quite well behaved, Ed said so himself.
    Cahoots

1992 VAN
    1993 VAN
    1998 Missoula
    2000 Barcelona & Boise
    2002 SEA 2x
    2003 VAN
    2006 The Gorge
    2009 SEA & VAN
    2011 VAN
    2013 Portland & VAN
    2015 Mexico City
    2018 Missoula
  • Options
    andydick8andydick8 Posts: 205
    People are retards.

The most ridiculous comment I heard in my entire life was tonight.
    "Um, mister Vedder. The security guards are walking up the isles and their lights are very dustracting"

Who says that? honestly??

To his credit, he handled it quite well, I thought.
    Add your benaroya vinyl # to the list!!!
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=104018
  • Options
    bernmodi wrote:
    Sorry about this experience, hope you still somehow had some fun. How long did he play?

Like I said..Ed did salvage the show by switching gears a bit...I mean, I could sense that he was struggling to get into the intimate vibe as well, because the crowd was just too out of control from the get go. No solo show should have that kind of vibe. But he did handle it really well and rolled with the punches by the end.

If I had to rate the show i'd give it a 2.5/5...the music was competing with a crowd tonight and it threw off everything.

For me concerts are all about getting into that zone, or that vibe where you are feeling the music..that rarely happened tonight because of the crowd.
  • Options
    thank you for the review...I have been to a few Ed solo shows and even PJ shows where it is supposed to be intimate and ass holes shout out...hopefully is still a good night..peace
    love is free
  • Options
    nocode4nocode4 Posts: 56
    thank you for the review...I have been to a few Ed solo shows and even PJ shows where it is supposed to be intimate and ass holes shout out

Ummmm, no you haven't.
    Let's be honest here...
  • Options
    andydick8 wrote:
    People are retards.

The most ridiculous comment I heard in my entire life was tonight.
    "Um, mister Vedder. The security guards are walking up the isles and their lights are very dustracting"

Who says that? honestly??

To his credit, he handled it quite well, I thought.

To be honest, I wish security did kick some people out...did you notice how many cell phones and cameras came out after Ed told them to back off? Everyone in the place was flashing it up...another way to ruin atmosphere..

The initial rules were there for a reason, and that all went out the window.
  • Options
    silent tsilent t Posts: 50
    Igottago wrote:

You really like the word "retard."
  • Options
    silent t wrote:
    You really like the word "retard."

Well its the most fitting word I could use to describe many of the people who ruined this show.
  • Options
    Ed was awesome as expected. Really cool to see him in a venue of such high sound quality.

Can other fan club members list their row numbers? I was in far right row P (16/28 rows), and was very disappointed with that. I'm pretty sure I could've gotten way better seats online through ticketmaster without the hassle of refreshing the ten club site for 40 mins and feeling like I won the lottery when the order went through.

I doubt fan club members get priority seating at all. This guy outside with an Eddie backstage pass was asking random people if they wanted to trade their tickets for front row seats. WHERE are these front row seats coming from that they have enough to trade with randoms? He specifically told me that he wouldn't trade with me cause I was a fan club member.

I asked him if there was a specific fan club section. He told me no, and that all the seats were scattered. What a joke. There were probably die hards seated way in the back who drove hundreds of miles to see Eddie. They deserve better than that.
  • Options
    Someone up in the balcony yelled out "Shut up and sing" while he was talking.
    Personally, I like it when Ed just hangs out and talks with crowd. I find it more memorable than most songs.

But everything that was said about the crowd so far has been spot on. I rank it my second worst "Pearl Jam" show that I've been too. (if you classify it as a Pearl Jam show) Ahead of only Boston I 04, but that's a whole different thread...
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    andydick8 wrote:
    Ahead of only Boston I 04, but that's a whole different thread...

I was there. What made you hate it so much? I thought the setlist sucked.
  • Options
    Bummer about the crowd--I sure hope the LA crowds are better behaved.

Any other song standouts? Covers?

Did anyone score a poster? How does it look? Pics?
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    andydick8 wrote:
    Personally, I like it when Ed just hangs out and talks with crowd. I find it more memorable than most songs.

But everything that was said about the crowd so far has been spot on. I rank it my second worst "Pearl Jam" show that I've been too. (if you classify it as a Pearl Jam show) Ahead of only Boston I 04, but that's a whole different thread...
    i wouldve thrown his ass over the balcony... thats ridiculous... youd think with it just being ed that itd weed on the casual asshole fans like that... but i guess not... i just dont get peoples motivation sometimes... hes probably not paying any real attention to anything that people shout so why waste your time and ruin the show for everyone else??
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    ozsmalltowngirlozsmalltowngirl Posts: 14,362
    andydick8 wrote:

Very disappointing :( I am so shocked at all these stories about the crowd :( Any true fan would've known how to behave at such a special show.
    Although some of you have said that Ed handled it well.....I would say he'd be very disappointed, too.

Shame on those of you who behaved so selfishly !! :mad:
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Bummer about the crowd--I sure hope the LA crowds are better behaved.

Any other song standouts? Covers?

Did anyone score a poster? How does it look? Pics?
    courtesy of the thread on G2F
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    I was there. What made you hate it so much? I thought the setlist sucked.

I didn't hate it. It was still better than most concerts I've been to. But I think it was a combination of a below average setlist, my seats being not so great, and the crowd being very quiet. The only thing worse than a loudmouth crowd like tonight is a crowd that sits on their hands. I didn't realize how quickly the arena emptied out until the house lights were turned on during the encore, and the building was at least 25% empty. It WAS during the week though. Maybe people had to work early the next morning.

But like I said, whole different thread. lol
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    Thank you sir.
  • Options
    ozsmalltowngirlozsmalltowngirl Posts: 14,362
    sgossard3 wrote:
    VERY nice!!!! :)
  • Options
    Wow...

You guys are really hyper critcial.

It was a SHOW! The music was really good. You got your moneys worth, I know you did.
    Cahoots

1992 VAN
    1993 VAN
    1998 Missoula
    2000 Barcelona & Boise
    2002 SEA 2x
    2003 VAN
    2006 The Gorge
    2009 SEA & VAN
    2011 VAN
    2013 Portland & VAN
    2015 Mexico City
    2018 Missoula
  • Options
    babagigubabagigu Posts: 14
    Igottago is bang on. I caught myself yelling shut-up at least half-a-dozen times.

I would have enjoyed this experience much more without the banter.

Get Liam Finn's CD - his bit is excellent!

Igottago wrote:

98 Barrie
    03 Toronto
    05 Montreal, Ottawa
    08 Vancouver 1 (Ed)
  • Options
    silent tsilent t Posts: 50
    Igottago wrote:
    Well its the most fitting word I could use to describe many of the people who ruined this show.

Yeah, I guess your right. Reading all the other reviews it sounds like a bunch of tards showed up.