Options

*** Oklahoma City Fanviews Here 11/16/13 ***

1235»

Comments

• Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    FINALLY GOT THE FRONT RAIL AFTER ALL THESE YEARS!!!!

Cant believe its Wednesday and i'm finally getting to post one of the top 10, ok maybe top 5 nights of my life so far....which is pretty fn' Huge when you have to consider #1-#3 nights of my life is the birth of my son and daughter with the other day being the day i met my wifey/significant other... either way, leaves for one very important night...
    now i haven't had a chance to read too many other posts yet so i'll post mine, read others tomorrow and maybe add another post...

it all started the night before when we found out that if you have Gen Admiss,...you need to get down to the venue and sign the book....So glad we did as many in gen admis had no clue of the such system...
    This book which is made up by the fans and nothing to do with the venue...
    we basically signed the book with a black sharpie and got a number written on our backside of my hand...
    my friend i went to the venue 9 or 930 am and we got #17 and 18 spots...
    the average american isn't small these days so i was worried...thinking 2nd row is cool but nothing is like the rail...
    the closest i have ever seen pj was my first pj show in 1995 at RedRocks in Colorado and we were roughly 5th row..
    which was so damn long ago, and with what party favor's i was rollin' with at the time...only can remember bits..
    We left and came back at 1130 to wait for the merch to open...and sorry but i have to mention this...
    We got the best parking spot in the world !!!! LOL....i kid you not, there was only 2 parking spots right in front of the arena, one was handicapped and the other was, simply just one solo spot...We parked there and it was awesome, my truck was literally 20' from the merch trailor and the entrance to the arena... i still have no idea where everyone else parked, but the nearest lot any of us seen was clear around the other side of the arena, actully a good walk or 2....so ya, the amazing single parking spot we found was amazing...
    At bout 5pm the line started to grow for both gen admiss and reserved...so we got went way to the front and got in our 17th and 18th spot...it was so so cool,...
    but i have to admit,...since it wasn't affiliated with the arena,...i could see this not working in certain cities...
    i could easily see people saying,..."no one told me bout this and i'll be damn'ed if i'm going to move for you"...
    just my opinion and so glad it worked at ok city...
    they let gen admiss in first....and better yet, they let us in at first in groups of 20...which we made the first group cut off....Whew.... but Security at the venue made it very clear,...you walk and walk only,..anyone dare runs or even jogs and you will be removed and sent to the back of the line...
    As we made our way over and down to the floor from dead center to Mike's side it filled up first....which i've never been this close but have been on mike's side the last few shows and wanted Stones side anyways....So we nabbed the 2 spots to the right of dead center...Actually this kid was dead center, then the 2 older guys were to my left and then myself and good friend from Omaha.....Never did get the name of the dude to my left as he was from Houston with a taller older (mid 50's) dude,...they went fucking wild though...they were more active than i was and i thought my ass was going crazy...they literally jumped up and down for the nearly 3 hours and near every song/every word.... gotta give em' props...
    OK, so here's were it gets good....or should i go with 'UNFUCKING REAL"...
    it was almost scary, kinda freaked me out at first,...when they first came out and started playing...
    never in my wildest dreams did i imagine i'd be front row center like this against the rail...Sure this was my only 14th pj show,...but i swear it was surreal so to speak...un imaginable...being literally less than 10' from ed when he walks to the edge of the stage and he's singing looking into your eyes and your singing thier song along with them....i'll be the first to admit......actually i can't explain really how it was...it really took me about 4 songs to come to "Earth"....i told my buddy next to me that when ed looked at me i had to look at stone or away....
    he was like...."are you fucking stupid???"..."dont fucking look away, be in the moment"....
    which helped, so the next few glances i worked on that and by the end of first set...ya, it was all good...
    hope everyone gets to enjoy it someday,..because, its fucking magic....and at the end when he was throwing out shit, tamborines and other shit....i was actually happy for them to catch them,...i was like, we got our treat at this front/center rail....i wouldn't change or exchange that experiience for anything...even the wine bottle..... I was glad someone got it on the edge....Cause when you look back at everyseat in the house and see where you are sitting....it'll bring a tear to your eye...
    Thank you pearl jam for one of the best nights of my life....
  • Options
    Hank56Hank56 Posts: 66
    "dont fucking look away, be in the moment"

Never has better advice been given. My cousin and I came in from Illinois and had GA tickets. We figured we would end up in the back and were more than happy for those seats. We arrived a little early and went into arena and ended up 2 rows back on Mikes side. At one point we ended up on the rail and Ed stood on a speaker right in front of us during Alive. We chanted at him and he jabbed back. It was great to be in the moment. It is why it is good to be ALIVE. The only drawback is that from here on out I will have to have a spot up close. It spoiled me. It was that great. I just gotta figure out how to get that lucky again.
  • Options
    We decided on a whim after being at the Dallas show on the 15th that we would buy tickets and drive to Oklahoma. We were stuck with the tickets behind the stage. They turned out to be great seats! We could see the crowd's reaction and no, there were not alot of empty seats. We could see practically the entire place! Hoping it is not another 10 years before the boys of Pearl Jam decide to come back to the South!
  • Options
    DivkaDivka Posts: 198
    Here are some photos from the show. Nothing too great since I forgot my camera and was using my phone. Wanted to share anyway :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/afieldinwh ... 986378025/
    When the stars exploded billions of years ago, they formed everything that is this world. Everything we know is stardust...
  • Options
    Hank56Hank56 Posts: 66
    I forgot to thank the guy in the corner on the rail on Mikes side that brought me back a beer. Thanks. I'll get the next one!!
  • Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    Does anyone happen to have an extra ticket stub from the OKC, my friend I went to the show with from Detroit lost his and he likes to save them, please let me know or PM me, thanks!
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    ENCORE 1
    Just Breathe
    Yellow Moon
    Parting Ways
    Jeremy
    Supersonic
    Satan's Bed
    Porch

Super Nice
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    Just got the bootleg cd. Reliving the show and it sounds great!!
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    The OKC setlist/bootleg is one of the best of 2013 US fall tour. Let's hope they top it in Tulsa this coming October.
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    JR85338JR85338 Des Moines, IA Posts: 51
    2 years ago today. Immortality blew the roof off---such a great time
    OKC 11/16/13 Tulsa 10/8/14 Lincoln 10/9/14
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    OKC 2013 was amazing!
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12