Options

*** Oklahoma City Fanviews Here 11/16/13 ***

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,932
edited January 2014 in Given To Fly (live)
Pearl Jam
Chesapeake Energy Arena
Oklahoma City, OK
Nov 16, 2013
Set List

With opening band Midlake

01. Wash
02. Sometimes
03. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
04. Lightning Bolt-from the new album “Lightning Bolt”
05. Mind Your Manners-from the new album “Lightning Bolt”
06. Do The Evolution
07. Animal
08. Let The Records Play-from the new album “Lightning Bolt”

(Ed asks the audience if they are doing okay, after an extended cheer Ed turns to Jeff and jokes, “See Jeff, I told you we should play here more often.” Ed says that when they were driving into the city there was a big sign that says “Welcome to Oklahoma City. Home of the Oklahoma Thunder”. Ed asks Jeff, “do you suppose this is always here or are they trying to rub it in?”. Ed notes that he did say something vulgar and attached it the the Thunder. “It was early in show and I remember it so I can’t blame the wine. We will get into it later, I promise. Now here is a a little MFC for OKC.”)

09. MFC
10. In Hiding
11. Even Flow

(Ed introduces the band. Notes that the last time they played in Oklahoma was ten years ago and the time before that was ten years prior, “so we are going to play a lot of songs because you might not see us until 2023.” He then jokes that it is going so well they might see them next summer.
He also mentions the benefit for tornado victims that Kings Of Leon put on earlier in the year. Ed said, “We were thinking about you..I wasn’t thinking about this for the next song but it might apply, it is called ‘Sirens’.”)

12. Sirens (with sing along outro)-from the new album “Lightning Bolt”
13. Whipping
14. Unthought Known
15. Immortality

(“You know, when I was younger we called the thing a drummer sits on a stool or chair but that isn’t what they call it. They call it a throne. I could never figure it out. Why a throne? Then I met Matt Cameron and it made sense. Matt you are the king!”)

16. Infallible-from the new album “Lightning Bolt”

(“I would like to dedicate this to this man and his family, Colonel John Mcdonough.”)

17. Wishlist
18. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break 1
(“well, we are all set up so I guess we can keep playing...It is always nice to see young kids up front because it means it is safe here. But I should check with their parents. Do you guys need to go to bed? Because if you do we could stop in about ten minutes. You gotta get good grades. I never went to college. You kids don’t want to turn out like me. Jeff went to college. He sticks it in my face constantly. Mike went to pizza making college. He is always sticking that in my face. I won’t tell you what Stone is always sticking in my face...Stone went to art school so he will always be the grooviest out of all of us.”
Ed notices a woman up front asking for his attention. She wants to propose her fiancé. Ed says, “Well, we don’t usually do this but usually it is a man proposing to a woman so I guess we can make an exception.” The woman asks the guy to come up by her and she asks him to marry her. He accepts.
Ed says, “We are gonna change up the set list. This is for you, ‘Just Breathe’.”)

19. Just Breathe
20. Yellow Moon-from the new album “Lightning Bolt”
21. Parting Ways
22. Jeremy

(A Seattle Sonics jersey gets thrown on stage and Jeff puts it on. Ed likens what happened to have a long time girlfriend who leaves you and gets married to someone else. “You wouldn’t like her new husband would you? The people we should really be mad at are Sacramento...but if you have been to Sacramento then you know those people are already sort of fucked..What I will stand by is Howard Schultz. Fuck Howard Schultz...wait, I can do without coffee but they sell records at Starbucks don’t they?”

23. Supersonic

(“This song is for Sacramento.”

24. Satan’s Bed
25. Porch
(During “Porch” Stone bumps against the globe light with his guitar and pushes it around, bouncing it off his strings. Ed swings from a globe and sings the end of the song)

Encore Break 2

(Ed says we are gonna play the next song to the back. “We have had an opening band on these two shows and we want to thank Midlake. They are great.
We also have someone who has worked for us for twenty years. His name is Pete and his wife and her father are here tonight and we just want to thank Big Pete for taking care of us. We lean on him all the time and he keeps us safe. Thanks.”

26. Last Kiss-(Cochran)
(“The first time we ever toured we didn’t have a name we went under Mookie Blaylock. Hey, I am having a problem on stage is there a bottle of wine should I have. As a the person brings Ed his wine Ed says, “This is Simon. He is Irish so he can get you a bottle of wine very quickly...So, when it looked like Mookie might not want us using his name we thought about changing it to ‘Daron Oshay’, which is Mookie’s real name.” The crowd doesn’t react much. Ed continues, “I thought you would like that because he was from the University of Oklahoma. Anyway on that first tour this is a song we would play.”

27. State Of Love And Trust
28. Black
29. Alive
30. Baba O’Riley
31. Yellow Ledbetter

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)
Post edited by Kat on

Comments

• Options
    pjcordpjcord Posts: 75
    Unbelievable crowd. Terrific energy. Completely different show from Dallas, could not predict this setlist at all. More later when I can process it.
  • Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    edited November 2013
    From the pics and the details, sounds like this OKC crowd sucked. But I wasnt there..
    Post edited by Jeremys Spoken on
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    pjcordpjcord Posts: 75
    I will say, Dallas complemented OKC, and vice versa. Both great shows. My wife asked which one I liked better, and I couldn't answer. You had to be at both.

As for the above comment about the crowd sucking, listen to Ed's comments when the boot comes out. The crowd did not suck, even a little, and I'm not from OK, so no bias talking. When Ed first said hello, he had to wait a full three minutes for the applause to die down before talking. Crowd was into t throughout, even during more obscure songs like Whipping and Satan's Bed. The crowd was great.
  • Options
    From the pics and the details, sounds like this OKC crowd sucked. But I wasnt there..

With all due respect, could not be further from the truth. Great crowd, great energy, great double header in dfw/okc.
    1998 The Fabulous Forum
    2000 San Diego Sports Arena
    2006 SD State
    2009 Austin City Limits
    2012 EV Solo Austin
    2012 EV Solo San Antonio
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas, OKC, LA
    2014 Austin City Limits
    2018 Wrigley
    2022 San Diego Covid Fest
    2022 OKC
    2023 FW x2
    2023 Austin x2
  • Options
    NH268542 wrote:

With all due respect, could not be further from the truth. Great crowd, great energy, great double header in dfw/okc.
    Like I said, I am probably wrong, but the people I spoke to who were there said there were a ton of empty seats and a lot of people sitting.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2

• Options
    RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
    After all is said and commented on, the shows come down to moments. moments that connect or reconnect you w/the band and other fans. tonights' show had many moments for me & the others in the arena.

the sonics/thunder history will forever be linked to this show and will the be the imprint, the proposal (from woman to man), the college education rant, all these things will be remembered far after the set list discussions of whether the played enough b-sides or hits.

i walked out feeling ecstatic about the band, my own relationships, and the community of pearl jam. loved the last 2 shows and grateful to be a part of the lightning bolt tour-2013.
    San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
  • Options
    I was on the floor and it sounded loud and lively from there. Not as boomy of sound as the Dallas arena. I liked the set better tonight than Dallas and thought they were tighter tonight. I'd be wanting Parting Ways big time so I was psyched. Figured it wouldn't happen after the marriage proposal! The stretch from Lightning Bolt to Evenflow was insane rocking. So fun. Sad that I'm done for the year, but hoping for a shed tour next summer.
  • Options
    NH268542 wrote:

Like I said, I am probably wrong, but the people I spoke to who were there said there were a ton of empty seats and a lot of people sitting.

Understood. Different perspectives depending on where you were I guess. We were on the floor and everybody around us was cool and having a great time rocking out. Personal highlights for me were Infallable, rvm, black, and wash as the opener. Loved every second of it!
    1998 The Fabulous Forum
    2000 San Diego Sports Arena
    2006 SD State
    2009 Austin City Limits
    2012 EV Solo Austin
    2012 EV Solo San Antonio
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas, OKC, LA
    2014 Austin City Limits
    2018 Wrigley
    2022 San Diego Covid Fest
    2022 OKC
    2023 FW x2
    2023 Austin x2
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,591
    There weren't that many empty seats at all. Great crowd and liked the setlist even better than last night.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534

Spoken like a true person who wasn't there.

Both shows were sick. Insane crowds. My ticket partner for Dallas was at both Brooklyn shows and said Dallas show/energy/crowd/peformance easily trumped both Brooklyn shows, EASILY. More reviews later, but tough to compare Dallas and OKC right now.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    AtPeacewithMyLustAtPeacewithMyLust Louisville,KY to Toronto Posts: 125
    I thought the Dallas show was insanely awesome. Then I went to Oklahoma City. Just fucking WOW.

I cried when I left the arena because that was my last show I get to experience this tour. The interaction between the band and the crowd was beautiful to watch from where I was standing.

Thank you Pearl Jam for giving us so much love! ;)
    1st show-1995 Soldier Field
    10th show-2005 Thunder Bay,ON
    40th show-2012 Berlin II
    50th show-2014 Amsterdam II
    57th show-Moline,IL
    58th show-Mexico City
  • Options
    The crowd was awesome tonight. I didn't see anyone sitting down in my section. I didn't see many empty seats either.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    That's really cool. Im so jealous you had an awesome show though. Saw the setlist on my iphone was difficult to find but when i did i thought ''really nice'' :)
  • Options
    So many questions coming into tonight. Sonics ...guns left over from
    Last night. Well with typical style and grace the band lets music transcend it all. Great show. Thank you!
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Do you think there is a boot for this show ? Might grab it ;)
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548

Crowd was outstanding. Band had as much fun as I have seen this year out of the crapload if shows I have seen.

Crowds are great in middle America too.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,147

Dude, really?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    renelesurrenelesur Dallas, TX Posts: 84
    I just got home to Dallas from the OKC show. If there were empty seats, it was because those tickets were not put up for sale. The third level behind the band was empty, but you could tell that they didn't offer those.
    As expected, the Dallas and OKC shows were a very well balanced yin and yang for the PJ fan. What you didn't get in night one you pretty much got in night #2. I think a lot of thought went into each set list because there was likely to be a lot of crowd overlap with back to back shows close together like that. I knew that a Baba/Yellow Ledbetter ending was going to happen tonight. Kicking it off with Wash was a surprise treat. I was expecting Pendlum again. How can you not love hearing State of Love and Trust and, of course, Black!
    These were my first two PJ shows EVER, and I had a blast. The Dallas show probably had more energy, but that takes nothing away from OKC. Both shows were great. I look forward to many more PJ shows and picking up the bottleg of each of these shows whenever they are made available.
    Thanks for two great nights of music!

11/15/2013 - Dallas, TX; 11/16/2013 - Oklahoma City, OK;

8/10/2018 - Safeco Field, Seattle, WA; 8/18 & 20/2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL; 9/2 & 4/2018 - Fenway Park, Boston, MA

7/8 & 9/2022 - Hyde Park, London, EN,   UPCOMING: Nashville, St. Louis, OKC

• Options
    tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611
    That sounded like one of the best shows of the tour so far. Wow, amazing set and looked like from the crowd interacting it was a blast. Glad you all had a great time!
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Wash!!!!! <
    someday.....Sometimes!, Animal, MFC, In Hiding, Whipping, Immortality, Wishlist, Parting Ways!!!!!, Supersonic, Satan's Bed!!!!!, ---- Along with Porch and Oncore 2!!!!! Gotta get this boot too! Wow :shock: what a set list!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    The set lists for this tour have been outstanding. :geek:
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,913

Dude, really?
    They sold seats behind the stage which means all the full view tickets were all sold. Lots of empty seats in the third level behind the stage is not a big deal. Compared to 2003 okc and Dallas sold much much better. Hopefully pj plays there again soon.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Nice setlist. Have to ask why is everyone comparing the Dallas and Oklahoma shows?
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    boyo79 wrote:
    Nice setlist. Have to ask why is everyone comparing the Dallas and Oklahoma shows?

silly...both shows were great, boths venues were great, both cities were great.... everything was great but now im going back to philly... not so great
  • Options
    RFTC wrote:
    After all is said and commented on, the shows come down to moments. moments that connect or reconnect you w/the band and other fans. tonights' show had many moments for me & the others in the arena.

Agree....

This was show #5 for me this tour (BK2, Philly 1&2, Hart) and I must say this one definitely did not disappoint. Each show is it's own beast. Lots of energy from the crowd I thought... Band was having fun.... Wash opener.... Satan's Bed, Parting Ways, Baba! Bummed I'm done for the year. :( but it's been a great few weeks!
    Red Rocks 6/19/95 * Rapid City 6/24/98 * EV Vegas 11/1/12 * EV Tulsa 11/19/12 * Wrigley Field 7/19/13 * Brooklyn 10/19/13 * Philly 10/21/13 * Philly 10/22/13 * Hartford 10/25/13 * OKC 11/16/13 * Tulsa 10/8/2014 * Lincoln 10/9/2014 * Moline 10/17/2014 * St Paul 10/19/2014 * Greenville 4/16/16 * Philly 4/28/16 * Philly 4/29/16 * MSG 5/1/16 * MSG 5/2/16 * Wrigley 8/20/16 * Seattle 8/8/18 * Seattle 8/10/18 * Wrigley 8/18/18 * Asbury Park 9/18/21 * St Louis 9/18/22 * Denver 9/22/22 * St Paul 8/31/23
  • Options
    Guys relax, I said I wasn't there and that I was probably wrong. It was just based off of what i saw from people on fb. Great setlist.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2

• Options
    My 10th PJ show and my wife's first. Nice to have them in my hometown after following them around for the past few years. Crowd sounded awesome from where we sat and the band seemed to be enjoying themselves. This show had an awesome mix of rarities (Satan's Bed, Parting Ways, MFC) and the greatest hits.

After Dallas on Friday and OKC yesterday, i'm going through withdrawals.
    04/03/03 OKC 09/04/2009 Austin 05/17/2010 Boston 05/17/2010 Newark 05/20/2010 NYC
    05/21/2010 NYC 09/03/2011 Alpine Valley 09/04/2011 Alpine Valley 11/17/2012 Tulsa,(EV) 11/18/2012 Tulsa (EV) 11/15/2013 Dallas 11/16/2013 OKC
  • Options
    OCK and Dallas both great shows. I hope Eddie was serious about comming back next summer.
    Espira
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    Nice setlist. Have to ask why weekend everyone comparing the Dallas and Oklahoma shows?

Because the setlists complemented each other and so many people went to both shows. These two shows back to back made the ultimate weekend for me.
    Pre-1013...Married to a buzzkill...
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Dallas 2013
    Oklahoma City 2013
    St. Paul 2014
    Milwaukee 2014
    Denver 2014
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    lovely favo setlist!!

thanks Sea
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”