Options

*** Oklahoma City Fanviews Here 11/16/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    Great show. Got to meet a lot of cool PJ/Husker fans that made the trek from Lincoln and Omaha and we all got to watch the poor performance of the Huskers only to be (in my case) lifted back up with an awesome show. I can't explain why, but Let the Records Play is one of my favorites off the new album and was awesome live, also enjoyed Evolution, Immortality and the 28 other songs they played!!! Can't wait for more, hopefully sooner than the 3 year span from the last tour I got to see.
    Alburquerque-2000, Kansas City-2003, Denver-2006, Honululu-2006, Kansas City-2010, St. Louis-2010, Oklahoma City-2013, Lincoln-2014, Wrigley #1-2016, Wrigley #2-2016
  • Options
    maj4e wrote:
    One point of contention for me personally. I like to rock as much as the next guy but if my seat has a great view of the stage, I don't see why it's a big deal if I sit down. Plus I'm old now and my back and feet hurt. :mrgreen:

Fair point! I'm sorry, didn't mean to insult anyone. Was just taken aback that an entire section stayed sitting for a good chunk of the concert (combined with some pretty heavy disinterest). Hope you're feeling good after the concert!
  • Options
    I'll tell you what it was.
    It was EPIC.
    So much so that I made giant red letters to spell it out and passed them around all day Saturday only to hold them up during Baba.
    CROWD WAS INSANLY ENERGETIC.
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    shortstack wrote:
    Sea wrote:
    (“The first time we ever toured we didn’t have a name we went under Mookie Blaylock. Hey, I am having a problem on stage is there a bottle of wine should I have. As a the person brings Ed his wine Ed says, “This is Simon. He is Irish so he can get you a bottle of wine very quickly...So, when it looked like Mookie might not want us using his name we thought about changing it to ‘Daron Oshay’, which is Mookie’s real name.” The crowd doesn’t react much. Ed continues, “I thought you would like that because he was from the University of Oklahoma. Anyway on that first tour this is a song we would play.”

awkward :lol:

I thought he was saying Daren Oh Shit or something.. i missed the real name part

as for the crowd debate...

i sat in almost the same spot both nights... which i think influences your opinion highly... no one is going to ride the rail and think they show was bad energy

they were both very good crowds but OKC seemed hungrier... a little more excited... a little louder

as well as it was a more intimate arena... dallas was just so big

but neither approached hartford of this tour... IMO
  • Options
    maj4emaj4e Posts: 605
    Here's my pics. (new to flickr let me know if I dork'd it)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/109100537@ ... 7815810425
  • Options
    maj4e wrote:
    Here's my pics. (new to flickr let me know if I dork'd it)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/109100537@ ... 7815810425

Nice pics-thanks for sharing! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Had an incredible time at the show. Only my 4th show..but it rocked and I was glad to have been there.

Shout out to Midlake, who was great also!
  • Options
    darthdarth Houston, TX Posts: 139
    9/16/95; 10/14/00; 10/15/00; 10/17/00; 4/5/03; 4/6/03; 10/04/09; 11/12/12 (Ed); 11/16/13; 10/12/14
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Still waiting to give a more formal review of the actual shows from this weekend - still coming down from the high of an amazing weekend of unreal shows and meeting and being with great PJ friends. Still trying to gather all my thoughts and put it into words.

The post-show depression has kicked in and this past weekend was unreal. Back to work today absolutely blew. I'm still thinking about the noise and energy in those buildings this weekend, and seeing the crowd going absolutely nuts during Baba in OKC. Seeing everyone hands in the air and the smile on everyone's faces, band included, during Baba and Ledbetter at OKC was amazing with the house lights on. Great times and memories.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    cmm6734cmm6734 Houston, TX Posts: 569
    YLed2 wrote:
    Still waiting to give a more formal review of the actual shows from this weekend - still coming down from the high of an amazing weekend of unreal shows and meeting and being with great PJ friends. Still trying to gather all my thoughts and put it into words.

The post-show depression has kicked in and this past weekend was unreal. Back to work today absolutely blew. I'm still thinking about the noise and energy in those buildings this weekend, and seeing the crowd going absolutely nuts during Baba in OKC. Seeing everyone hands in the air and the smile on everyone's faces, band included, during Baba and Ledbetter at OKC was amazing with the house lights on. Great times and memories.

Fuck yea! Baba was insane. I have seen it live before, but that one was absolutely the best.
    40+ shows, it is never enough!
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    cmm6734 wrote:
    YLed2 wrote:

Fuck yea! Baba was insane. I have seen it live before, but that one was absolutely the best.

Chris, it was awesome finally meeting you and of course high fiving and rocking out the entire night on the floor. You said it best right after the show, that during Baba the crowd was just fucking insane and something else. Hope you have a great time in San Diego at what I expect to be another kick ass show my friend!
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    herverthervert Posts: 74
    edited November 2013
    WOW great show. my son came to the GA pit with me for his first show and loved it. He was pointed out by Ed and given a pick, and also was part of the group to jam with Ed in the front row during YL.

highlights were def from LB thru LTRP! Ed and the boys had tons of power and energy with that stretch of songs and the crowd really responded well. Immortality is always good and actually one that really stuck out as far as great energy from band and crowd was Alive. normally not one of my faves but this one sticks out in my mind. sometimes is a personal one for me. also the last part of Encore #1 Jeremy, supersonic, satans bed, & porch again great energy from the band with these. they continue to impress every show. I always think that someday they will age and might scale back the energy but they never let me down.

the banter from ed was good and fun.

completely randomly ran into an old friend from the EV tulsa shows, nice to see you again noah! take care.

a special thanks to the young lady on the rail that gave her spot on the rail to my son to enjoy the song he wanted to hear the most which was LB, very classy gesture, thank you!

great weekend with my family and best friends and my best band. bring on the mid-west summer tour 2014!
    Post edited by hervert on
    Rapid City '98, Denver 1 '06, Kansas City '10
    PJ20 Alpine Valley 1 '11, PJ20 Alpine Valley 2 '11
    EV Tulsa 1 '12, EV Tulsa 2 '12, OKC '13
    Lincoln '14, St. Paul '14, Wrigley1 '16 Wrigley2 '16
  • Options
    darthdarth Houston, TX Posts: 139
    So back to reality today sucked.....but it is what it is...some random thoughts on the show...a lot has been said all ready but heres a few things...

So the show...opening with "Wash" was amazing....always wanted that or "Release" and got at least one of the two...then the energy just built and built to an incredible tempo that never let up. "In Hiding" was a nice surprise and another song on my list that I always wanted to hear live. The new material was solid live and a lot of fun. "Satan's Bed"......just pure sweetness. All ways love "State Of Love & Trust" live. Ed still crazy after all these years and hanging from the lights was way cool. I thought the San Antonio show in 2003 could'nt be topped but this show definately did that. "Baba O'Riley" at the end.....fucking wow...you really had to be there to feel how awesome that was. An epic almost 3 hour show I didnt want to end.

To my fellow Longhorn fan who I spoke to in the merchandise line outside....gotta support our team, you with your shirt and me with my hat, even in enemy territory. And was cool that we didnt sit too far from each other as well! But the people of OKC were extremely friendly and welcoming I must say.

The two guys I talked to in line for a drinks.....at least we weren't standing in sewage mud like at ACL but for this band we would do anything as we agreed.

And to my wife who shared the weekend in OKC with me and had a blast with me as well!

And in case you didnt see my other post with some show pics here they are http://www.flickr.com/photos/109130176@N07/sets/72157637818613266/
    9/16/95; 10/14/00; 10/15/00; 10/17/00; 4/5/03; 4/6/03; 10/04/09; 11/12/12 (Ed); 11/16/13; 10/12/14
  • Options
    Going to a PJ concert never gets old

Just as cool as the music was seeing a lot of the same faces both nights.

OKC topped off an awesome two night trip out west.

Wash, do I need to say more?

Immortality. Hadn't seen it live until Charlotte, now I've seen it twice! Fuck yeah!

MFC, another first.

I always love to look around when they turn up the house lights during Alive, and see 10000 of us fuckers all punching the air in rhythm during the extended solo

Although I always get a little sad, since I know it's just about to be over. Especially that night, since I'm now done with my four shows this year. My wife noticed the look, she knew too. :(

I can't wait until next year. I'm already trying to warm her up to another trip to Europe, just in case!
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options
    My wife and I went to both Dallas and Oklahoma City. These two shows made a perfect pair, so this post will be in both fanviews.

This may ramble a bit. I'm still pretty fired up two days removed from OKC. Thoughts are forming from every which way.

We drove from West Texas on Friday to Dallas, stood in the outdoor merch line, had a great dinner at our hotel and arrived at the arena before Midlake. My reserved seats were awesome. Two sections from stage on Stone's side, Row A. Eye-level with the band. I made friendly conversation before the show with LT the security guy patrolling the isle. About a half hour prior to Midlake, I saw someone from backstage hand him a piece of paper. I only caught Yellow Moon but realized it was a copy of the setlist. I asked him if I could have it at the end of the night and he simply nodded.

The crowd, the energy, the band were all top-notch in Dallas. Brain of J, Glorified G, Chloe/Crown, Lukin. Not For You. Amazing stuff. We had a blast.

After the show I waved through the crowd exiting at LT and he made his way over and handed me the setlist. I've been close at a Pearl Jam concert a few times, but never had the luck of getting an Eddie pick or tambourine or a sip of wine. But at my 19th show, I finally got a setlist. It's a souvenir I will always cherish.

After a moving visit to the JFK Sixth Floor Museum the next day, we made the drive to OKC. Still riding the wave of Dallas, I had little expectation. The only thing running through my mind was that it was my 20th show.

Mind blown again. The band was in touch with the entire audience for a second straight night. A very different set from the previous night. I got to hear RVM, my favorite song at a milestone show for me, Immortality, Wash, In Hiding, Satan's Bed, Baba and on and on. And to be to share the 20th with my wife, who has now seen the band four times, made it more special. We are both very grateful for the opportunity to spend the weekend together with Pearl Jam, a band I can't thank enough for the energy thy put into their craft.
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    not sure why people are saying this crowd was lame. I had a lot of friends at the show & even heard some of the show through one of their phones. from what I understand, the place was nuts. (as was Dallas)
    Hell yes!!! Sick Crowds!! Was in GA with my 13 year old for this one (thank goodness he's tall :lol: ).. People around us (from Minny, OK and Dallas were aces and jumped as high or higher than my 47 year old knees!!)... The whole band was into this show... jeff smiled so often it was off putting :lol: ... Someone said it earlier but starting at LB and through the end of the first set, I never stopped jumping and dancing with my great friends, old and new.
    Supersonic speeach was side splitting but the hightlight was In Hiding which I only got one time before (Philly 3)... I think I cried.

Beyond that, the town of OKC, and Bricktown specifically was one great party town. We stayed out with my 13 year old till well past 2 and things were still happening.

Thanks so much OKC... One thing I love about the band is being able to go to new places. I will definitely be back.

BD
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Did anyone else think the sound quality was terrible in the 10c reserved seats? We were on Stone's side pretty much flush with the side stage. It was totally muffled, boomy, and we could barely hear Mike's solos. I sent the club an email and they said that I was their first complaint, which is shocking to me. I have been to dozens of shows and never experienced anything like this.
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    edited November 2013
    great set list
    Post edited by STAYSEA on
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Had a GREAT time. Want to thank the Band and Crowd for being so Awesome! Same for the Dallas show!
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    apcapc Posts: 32
    Someone in the front handed EV what looked to be a couple photos towards the end of Baba. Eddie looks like he has seen a ghost when he looks at them. He them sets them down and then before they leave the stage he asks several questions to the person who handed them to him. He can be seen saying "where did you get these"? You can tell he was genuinely touched/freaked out/something. He then gives the universal sign for "autograph" to the person and calls his bodyguard over to remember the person. I assume so he could send something out to them. He then looks at the pics a little more and walks off with them. Watch the close up vids of baba and watch him. He looks like he has seen a ghost at first.

Anyone know what they were?
    Louisville - 3/24/94, Austin - 9/16/95, Dallas - 7/5/98, Nashville - 8/17/00, Dallas - 10/17/00, San Antonio - 4/5/03, Dallas - 6/9/03, Camden - 7/5/03, The Gorge I - 7/22/06, The Gorge II - 7/23/06, Los Angeles I (EV) 4/12/08, Los Angeles II (EV) - 4/13/08...
  • Options
    apc wrote:
    Someone in the front handed EV what looked to be a couple photos towards the end of Baba. Eddie looks like he has seen a ghost when he looks at them. He them sets them down and then before they leave the stage he asks several questions to the person who handed them to him. He can be seen saying "where did you get these"? You can tell he was genuinely touched/freaked out/something. He then gives the universal sign for "autograph" to the person and calls his bodyguard over to remember the person. I assume so he could send something out to them. He then looks at the pics a little more and walks off with them. Watch the close up vids of baba and watch him. He looks like he has seen a ghost at first.

Anyone know what they were?

Check page 4 of this thread for details.
  • Options
    Alright..... three more shows in the bag. I'm summing them all up here as we closed in OKC.

So I started this off by going to Voodoo Fest in New Orleans with my girlfriend. Had an awesome time in New Orleans as its one of the best cities I've been to visit. The build up to PJ was a drag....definetly could have gone my whole life without seeing Macklemore live. Ended up standing 5-6 rows back from the rail between Mike and Ed. The setlist was excellent, the show was a little shorter then I needed, and the crowd, like my 2010 Jazz Fest experience, was a little lacking. Great experience, but I left thinking that maybe my PJ buzz had gone after 11 shows.

Two weeks later, we headed to Dallas, but this time with my fiance, as we were engaged in New Orleans. Started off a little rocky as I got hosed on $85 from a botched craigslist ticket deal. (Knew better) We ended up with scalped tickets in the 200 section directly behind the stage, and what a cool experience. To anybody who is considering these tickets at upcoming shows, do it. Totally different perspective. Being able to watch the guitar techs and road crew work, the mid show interactions with the band, and seeing what the band sees with 20,000 screaming, hard rocking people is definetly worth it. Plus you can get a pretty solid count on the amount of wine.... 4 bottles. The setlist and energy in Dallas was incredible. Restored my obsessive addiction to seeing this band live.

Oklahoma City marked the thirteenth time I'd seen them and in the same building as the first time I'd seen them. And in my home state to top it off. We had GA ten club tickets center stage 4-5 rows back. Grinning from ear to ear with my socks completely blown off from the first cord of Wash. As was stated before, the first set was no holds bar, whip lash inducing, bad assness. The band was on fire at all three shows. I don't know if they'll ever let up. Just like the first time I'd seen them, it was like watching old friends. I've never seen another band that can make the crowd feel as much of the show as the guys on stage. Jeff had a cheek wrinking smile the entire show. The Sonics/ Thunder thing was just as great as I'd expected it to be. Wished I would have been quicker with the camera to get a shot of the green Durant jersey from the back, but maybe someone can forward me one. I've never seen Stone rock as hard as he does this time around with a ball of hair in a whirl on top of his shoulders the entire time. Mike was an animal as usual, unbelieveable work at the end of Alive. Ed did exactly what he has done for the last 20 plus years, rocking the pants off of everyone in the building, making everyone there feel some sort of connection to him and his best friends. I noticed the ghost siting look on his face after the pictures were given to hime as well, and went to the front after the show hoping to find a pick on the ground. I asked some people who were still hugging the rails if they knew what it was about, and a lady turned around and told me that her husband had given him some pictures of his real father that he got from his grandmother who lived in Chicago. She said they were pictures of his real father from around the time Ed was born. He said his grandma also had some pictures of Ed as a child. The people were very nice, and the guy explained he didn't want anything for them, just thought Ed should see them.

As for my buzz being gone, that faded fast. The post show depression is upon me and I can't wait to get the boots from all three shows. I'd seen them 10 times before NOLA, but with three more shows I heard a total of 18 new songs, 9 of which were off of the new album.
  • Options
    NadjaZNadjaZ Posts: 33
    Dear Pearl Jam Fans,

I have a huge request,
    we are a man and woman from Germany/Berlin, Pearl Jam Fans since 20 years and can win a travel to the concert in Seattle with our local radio station. For this we need your help as much as possible.
    Can you vote for us to be the winner at

http://www.rockland.fm/start.php?uservoting

just click for Nadja and Thorsten and see our marry proposal on the vinyl as love letters.

I have no Idea how to contact as many fans as possible.

So if you all can please send this to more fans, because they know how great this wiuld be to meet Pearl Jam.

Please vote for the two of us as often as you have the time for (you can vote ever and ever again)
    thank you so much for this support,
    Nadja
  • Options
    I agree with whoever said that the sound was TERRIBLE and boomy on the side of the stage, but honestly - I didn't care.

2nd row of the first side section - great view, great vibes from the crowd, great setlist. It was even enough to offset the guy in the first row who chastised my friend who had ONLY seen 14 shows while he had seen 25... Hey, you got 11 more to catch up, he taunted. Then he was fall-down drunk the whole time and probably didn't even remember the show. What a waste.

Can't believe how no one has said anything about STONE!!! He was not his mellow Stone-y self. He was jumping around and rocking out and goin' crazy the whole time. Yay Stone :D

Can't wait for Seattle!
    Pepsi Center - Apr 1 '03, Jul 2-3 '06 | Grant Park - Aug 05 '07 | E Center - Sep 28 '09 | Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27 '09 | Sprint Center May 3 '10 | Scottrade Center May 4 '10 | Alpine Valley - Sep 3-4, '11 | Wrigley Field - July 19, '13 | Pepsi Center Oct 22, '14
  • Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    Flew into Dallas Friday thinking i was just catching 1 show, had no idea OKC was so close. After talking to some people at the Dallas show I realized OKC was doable. Bought some tix on stubhub at like 1:30 Saturday and drove up. So happy I did. Great show. Combined with Dallas it was an amazing weekend. So many different songs, Mike was on fire, grateful to have been there. Bummed I cant swing any more shows this tour but i will be anxiously awaiting the bootleg.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    I agree with whoever said that the sound was TERRIBLE and boomy on the side of the stage, but honestly - I didn't care.

2nd row of the first side section - great view, great vibes from the crowd, great setlist. It was even enough to offset the guy in the first row who chastised my friend who had ONLY seen 14 shows while he had seen 25... Hey, you got 11 more to catch up, he taunted. Then he was fall-down drunk the whole time and probably didn't even remember the show. What a waste.

Can't believe how no one has said anything about STONE!!! He was not his mellow Stone-y self. He was jumping around and rocking out and goin' crazy the whole time. Yay Stone :D

Can't wait for Seattle!

Stone is out of control!!!! I was in front of Ed but couldn't stop watching Stone!
  • Options
    jasrjones1jasrjones1 Texas Posts: 2
    lhundley82 wrote:
    Wished I would have been quicker with the camera to get a shot of the green Durant jersey from the back, but maybe someone can forward me one.

Someone probably got better ones but these are the 3 we got
    http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m105/jasrjones1/DSCN1024800x600_zps7a468309.jpg
    http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m105/jasrjones1/DSCN1022800x600_zps90d7df33.jpg
    http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m105/jasrjones1/DSCN1023800x600_zpscfb2f3c1.jpg
  • Options

Can't wait for Seattle!

I agree 100% we had 10c seats in section 116 on stones side and the sound was crap. I was apologizing to my GF and promised her that it wasn't the norm (her 1st PJ). And also... Yes stone was really into it. I loved seeing him rock.
  • Options
    What a great time. En route to OKC, a state patrolman changed our tire. Turns out he's a PJ fan--daughter is named "Pearl"! We bought him a shirt. Friday night I met my 3 friends for a reunion and the show. We had all seen the Red Rocks show together in 1995. We met so many hard core PJ fans. I finally felt at home. My friends are fans, but PJ is my fave. During the weekend we met fans from Boston, Maine, North Dakota (Tyson and Allie!), northern New Mexico (505 represent!), St. Louis and Dallas. People from all over flocking to commune for an excellent nite. And the band provided. Our neighbors Terri and John from Dallas were awesome and didn't seem to mind me jumping the whole nite. :D

Thanks to everyone we met in OKC. Thanks to PJ. I cried 3 times that nite. I felt so connected with everyone and everything. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. The experience was truly a beautiful gift. Can't wait for LA!
  • Options
    Hello I was wondering if anyone was able to get a copy of the setlist from OKC? I attended both the Dallas and OKC shows. I was able to get a setlist from Dallas, and would love to set up a trade for the OKC setlist.

Thanks in advance!