Options

*** Charlottesville Fanviews Here 10/29/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    DV28676 wrote:
    No way to have enough of those. I certainly appreciate that. My family thanks you. We're all still buzzing...

Hugs from everyone..how awesome! It was the perfect show. My Wife and I are still super stoked about it so I can't even imagine the elation you all are feeling. So glad to be a part of the whole experience. One of my favorite parts was when Ed noticed their shirts while they were on stage...he was like "oh, sh1t!!" ...I don't know why I just thought it was so cool. I mean to get them up on stage and then also have such cool custom made shirts on...talk about a perfect nite. This is why I've been telling everyone..."yes, the setlist was awesome but everything else was perfect too:)"
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,626
    DV28676 wrote:
    No way to have enough of those. I certainly appreciate that. My family thanks you. We're all still buzzing...

I saw your boys at 730 when I arrived and I knew something special would happen. Ed always treats the kids well but this was better than I imagined.

Important question.... Did they take a sip? I couldn't tell.
  • Options
    DV28676 wrote:
    Those were my two boys at Charlottesville that Eddie pulled up onstage.

I remember talking to you and your sons on the way back to the GA line... I was fast walking trying to catch up to you guys earlier hoping you were heading to a restroom and you were THANK GOD lol.

I said as soon as I saw thase shirts that Eddie is going to notice those and say something about it. But DAMN did he ever notice! My wife and I were so happy and smiling the whole time (like everyone else in the building). A moment you, your sons, and wife will never forget and no one that was there that night will either.
    Virginia Beach, VA - 06/17/2008 Bristow, VA - 05/13/2010 Charlottesville, VA - 10/29/2013
  • Options
    I took a sip first just because I thought that was probably customary. It was definitely wine. I gave the cup to Danoh, who is the twelve year old. He took a decent size mouthful, but totally unexpectedly to me, he turned and poured almost the entire contents of the cup into his younger brother's mouth. Heath almost gagged on that. He needed some water right away and fortunately we still had some which we were using to wet our mouths.
  • Options
    mrussel1 wrote:
    mrussel1 wrote:

I had a couple of gomers jumping up and down for no apparent reason (not like during Go, but totally off key for a song), but that was more funny than anything. There's more to it, but I'll say no more in case these guys are on the board. But for anyone that was near them, they will know what I'm talking about...

Did one of the "gomers" have a Who t-shirt and ball cap on? :lol:

Well let me ask you, before I insult anyone.. Did you have a Who t-shirt on?

Yep!

gomer-pyle-surprise.jpg
  • Options
    They have always had "PEARL JAM ROOKIE" T-shirts before. The Rob from PJ Radio interviewed us in Saskatoon in 2011 and said that they were no longer rookies so I figured that I had to do something else. Apparently The Womb T-shirts and hoodies were a big hit with everyone as well as the band.
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,505
    DV28676 wrote:
    I took a sip first just because I thought that was probably customary. It was definitely wine. I gave the cup to Danoh, who is the twelve year old. He took a decent size mouthful, but totally unexpectedly to me, he turned and poured almost the entire contents of the cup into his younger brother's mouth. Heath almost gagged on that. He needed some water right away and fortunately we still had some which we were using to wet our mouths.

hahaha! that's great!
    they won't ever forget that and neither will you. :)
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    DV28676, if you don't mind my asking, how was it trying to get your boys up front? Somehow kids often seem to make it there and I always wonder if the crowd is nice about letting them forward or if you have to be really aggressive even with the little ones in tow? Did you all have really low numbers? (I mean, the ones they mark you with when you're waiting for GA)?
  • Options
    Danoh and I arrived at the will call window at 4:30AM to wait in line. As it turned out, we started the line as we were the first ones there. It was a long day though. Danoh held my wife's spot since she had our nine month old baby girl. Kimmie came with the baby and our nine year old boy later and a family friend picked up the baby around 3:30PM or so. Everyone was really nice about always recognizing that we were the first to be in line since they moved the GA folks about three times through the day. The boys were worn out even by the time the doors opened though and we still had almost two hours before the first notes were played. No one allowed us to move in front of them nor did we need to be aggressive -- unless you count waking up at 3:30AM aggressive. We felt like we earned it -- earned it that is after we were fortunate enough to score four GA tickets. That was pure luck.
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    DV28676 wrote:
    Danoh and I arrived at the will call window at 4:30AM to wait in line. As it turned out, we started the line as we were the first ones there. It was a long day though. Danoh held my wife's spot since she had our nine month old baby girl. Kimmie came with the baby and our nine year old boy later and a family friend picked up the baby around 3:30PM or so. Everyone was really nice about always recognizing that we were the first to be in line since they moved the GA folks about three times through the day. The boys were worn out even by the time the doors opened though and we still had almost two hours before the first notes were played. No one allowed us to move in front of them nor did we need to be aggressive -- unless you count waking up at 3:30AM aggressive. We felt like we earned it -- earned it that is after we were fortunate enough to score four GA tickets. That was pure luck.

What happened once the show ended? Did your boys talk to them more?

You should have your boys collaborate on a fan view for this! It would be great to hear what this whole thing was like from a 12 yr old's viewpoint!
  • Options
    JH6056 wrote:
    You should have your boys collaborate on a fan view for this! It would be great to hear what this whole thing was like from a 12 yr old's viewpoint!

Yeah that would be cool!
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    DV28676 wrote:
    Those were my two boys at Charlottesville that Eddie pulled up onstage. The evening of 11-29-2013 was unbelievable. UN BEE LEEV UH BULL

Photos in production and off to the printer...keep checking your physical (the one that's out in front of your house....) mailbox

Jay
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Jay -- thank you for that. That means a lot to us.

Okay. We're on it. I have commissioned the boys to put into written words their accounts of that evening from their own perspectives. Hopefully that will be ready in a couple of days.

The unofficial official Pearl Jam photographer, Camera Mike, asked me about the backstage experience. I sent him this account that I'll share here:

In a great turn of events, we were delayed by "Mr. Vedder" on our trip from the GA area to the parking lot. "Big Pete" came over to us and said, "Mr. Vedder would like to speak with you -- if you have time." If we had time...HA! I could have been on my way to a kidney transplant and I would made time for that. It seemed like five seconds or a month at the same time but we were probably in his quarters about five minutes or so. Eddie BOUNDED to the door when we arrived. He wore us out with handshakes and loudly said, "DANE! HEATH! Thanks for coming!" Then he asked Kimmie and me our names and repeated those to himself as we told him. He really was just ultra complimentary of my boys. Eddie said, "I normally wouldn't do this but it just meant so much to me..." Over and over he said it was such a compliment to see someone so young appreciate their music. He told us, as a songwriter, the words he writes are out of his heart and for others to internalize those words like they have done, at such a young age, just made his heart dance. He said seeing such cool kids enjoy their music makes what they do worth it. He said that outside of his own daughters he had never ran across youngsters who knew their songs like my boys did. After that he started complimenting us on what great parents we must be to have raised such cool and well-mannered kids and he was glad there are parents like us out there -- then I passed out and I didn't hear the rest...just kidding about that.

Next Eddie suggested that we take a picture and his assistant used my phone to do so. He also told my boys that he expects to meet up with them someday later in the future. He gave us all hugs and said the pleasure was all his. On the way out I told him that my father passed away last year and we played Man Of The Hour at his service and everyone loved it -- and that song was now the favorite of my mother. So Eddie said, "Well, you tell Momma that I said 'Hi' ". At that point I passed out and they wheeled me down the hall on a stretcher...still just kidding, of course.

Unbelievable is not an adequate word to describe that night. Now the problem is that the rest of my life is downhill. The good thing is that my boys will have an extra bounce in their steps for the rest of their lives because of that night.

They were so overboard on stuff for my boys. I think that they ended up with about two dozen picks and three sets of drumsticks. You probably saw that Eddie gave his setlist to them as well as the wine bottle. He also tossed/rolled two tambourines to them. The stage hands gave them a box for all of the loot. In the VIP room, his assistant gave them several vinyl singles that I haven't even looked at yet. My head is still spinning.

What was so funny to me is how everyone wanted pictures with us. It made us feel like celebrities for that night. I lost count of the people in the parking lot that told me they wished that they would've had a father like me. HA!

Anyway, besides that not much has been going on with us really...

All that aside, Charlottesville was an awesome, awesome show. I had not even realized until the next morning that they didn't play Even Flow, Betterman, Daughter, or Yellow Ledbetter. That doesn't happen very often. The renditions of Porch and RVM were the best they've ever played that I've had the privilege of witnessing. And even though there is no way they could have known this, I think that the reason they played Jeremy was because that was the first song that Danoh would sing at the top of his lungs as a three year old. His eyes lit up when they began playing that one. (*We have him on film dancing in his diapers to MFC. Maybe they will play that one in Dallas or OKC.)
  • Options
    DV28676 wrote:
    Jay -- thank you for that. That means a lot to us.

Okay. We're on it. I have commissioned the boys to put into written words their accounts of that evening from their own perspectives. Hopefully that will be ready in a couple of days.

The unofficial official Pearl Jam photographer, Camera Mike, asked me about the backstage experience. I sent him this account that I'll share here:

In a great turn of events, we were delayed by "Mr. Vedder" on our trip from the GA area to the parking lot. "Big Pete" came over to us and said, "Mr. Vedder would like to speak with you -- if you have time." If we had time...HA! I could have been on my way to a kidney transplant and I would made time for that. It seemed like five seconds or a month at the same time but we were probably in his quarters about five minutes or so. Eddie BOUNDED to the door when we arrived. He wore us out with handshakes and loudly said, "DANE! HEATH! Thanks for coming!" Then he asked Kimmie and me our names and repeated those to himself as we told him. He really was just ultra complimentary of my boys. Eddie said, "I normally wouldn't do this but it just meant so much to me..." Over and over he said it was such a compliment to see someone so young appreciate their music. He told us, as a songwriter, the words he writes are out of his heart and for others to internalize those words like they have done, at such a young age, just made his heart dance. He said seeing such cool kids enjoy their music makes what they do worth it. He said that outside of his own daughters he had never ran across youngsters who knew their songs like my boys did. After that he started complimenting us on what great parents we must be to have raised such cool and well-mannered kids and he was glad there are parents like us out there -- then I passed out and I didn't hear the rest...just kidding about that.

Next Eddie suggested that we take a picture and his assistant used my phone to do so. He also told my boys that he expects to meet up with them someday later in the future. He gave us all hugs and said the pleasure was all his. On the way out I told him that my father passed away last year and we played Man Of The Hour at his service and everyone loved it -- and that song was now the favorite of my mother. So Eddie said, "Well, you tell Momma that I said 'Hi' ". At that point I passed out and they wheeled me down the hall on a stretcher...still just kidding, of course.

Unbelievable is not an adequate word to describe that night. Now the problem is that the rest of my life is downhill. The good thing is that my boys will have an extra bounce in their steps for the rest of their lives because of that night.

They were so overboard on stuff for my boys. I think that they ended up with about two dozen picks and three sets of drumsticks. You probably saw that Eddie gave his setlist to them as well as the wine bottle. He also tossed/rolled two tambourines to them. The stage hands gave them a box for all of the loot. In the VIP room, his assistant gave them several vinyl singles that I haven't even looked at yet. My head is still spinning.

What was so funny to me is how everyone wanted pictures with us. It made us feel like celebrities for that night. I lost count of the people in the parking lot that told me they wished that they would've had a father like me. HA!

Anyway, besides that not much has been going on with us really...

All that aside, Charlottesville was an awesome, awesome show. I had not even realized until the next morning that they didn't play Even Flow, Betterman, Daughter, or Yellow Ledbetter. That doesn't happen very often. The renditions of Porch and RVM were the best they've ever played that I've had the privilege of witnessing. And even though there is no way they could have known this, I think that the reason they played Jeremy was because that was the first song that Danoh would sing at the top of his lungs as a three year old. His eyes lit up when they began playing that one. (*We have him on film dancing in his diapers to MFC. Maybe they will play that one in Dallas or OKC.)

Wow, what a wonderful experience for you and your family!! That is an experience you will all treasure for the rest of your lives!! :D

Does anyone know who the lucky person was who got Ed's harmonica towards the end of Footsteps? I was thrilled to see him toss it out when he finished playing it. I know the lucky fan will cherish this for life!! :thumbup:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Killer story..I will go on record that the next tour in 2014 ( or whenever) will start in Charlottesville..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    The girl made a good catch on the fly with the harmonica. She was a tall blond girl directly to my right. Eddie tossed it right to her. I said, "Good catch!" She obviously really liked Footsteps and Eddie could tell that.

I think that she was a former UVA student and relocated after she finished with school.
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Fantastic experience! Can't wait to hear your boys describe it! And that's so cool how truly touched Ed was that they know all the songs. That was beautiful to read!
  • Options
    DV28676 wrote:
    The girl made a good catch on the fly with the harmonica. She was a tall blond girl directly to my right. Eddie tossed it right to her. I said, "Good catch!" She obviously really liked Footsteps and Eddie could tell that.

I think that she was a former UVA student and relocated after she finished with school.

Glad the person got it who Eddie meant to get it! :clap::clap: :thumbup:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    DV28676 wrote:

You guys were celebrities! This is Scott, got in line with you around 7:40, I was excited just to tell other people that I had seen your boys playing cards for half the day. Being that I was around their age when I started listening to PJ, I thought it was way beyond cool. Congrats again to ya: definitely not downhill for you, brother!

Is Ivan on these boards? Would love to thank you for being so cool all day. You were right: the Mrs. rocked her exam!
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    wonderful recap daddy-o! :)
    can't wait to read what your boys write.

• Options
    lowas3lowas3 Posts: 12
    DV28676 wrote:

Great story. Thanks for sharing. I was thinking that it touched Eddie in a way that made him think about himself at that age and what it would mean to him to have his father take him to a concert that they both enjoyed as much as your boys and you did.
  • Options
    Over and over he said it was such a compliment to see someone so young appreciate their music. He told us, as a songwriter, the words he writes are out of his heart and for others to internalize those words like they have done, at such a young age, just made his heart dance.

Can't tell you how moving all this is. I'm so happy for you, your wife, your kids ... and for Mr. Vedder, for finding such a connection in your sons. Congratulations!
  • Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    *Posting as TamaDrummer91's Girlfriend*

Even though I don't have a Ten Club membership, I couldn't help but post on this thread. The first time seeing PJ for me was in Atlanta last year. Being on the rail, up close and personal, made me fall more in love with this band. Charlottlesville was my second show, and Charlotte came after. Over the course of about a year between ATL and CVille, I started picking up bootlegs from various years and listening to them sometimes daily on my hour drive to school. It was then that I discovered that Pearl Jam are not like most bands. They don't play the same set night after night and each show is very individualistic.

Charlottlesville, a college town I had been to a few times before, never treated me so well. The drive up was beautiful, and knowing that I was going to be on a Pearl Jam ride for the next two days made everything that much better(we drove back and forth each night).Parking wasn't an issue, the staff was nice, and getting our tickets was not a problem. I thought, how much easier this is from a festival!? Although, I still have to say that comparing PJ at a festival to PJ at an arena is like apples & oranges. Its hard for me to describe how I felt once the lights went down and Pendulum slowly started. Throughout the show, my emotions were like a roller coaster. I took a couple pictures during Release that showed everyone's hands in the air, and you can see the band through their hands. I would call it somewhat of a spiritual experience where it felt like everyone was on the same page, for once. That's how I believe that the crowds make a difference at a show.

I'm still a newbie at Pearl Jam shows, but they have always been one of my favorite bands. It is very rewarding sharing these experiences with the man I love. It's like our couples therapy :D I do hope I am able to see Pearl Jam again next year if everything works out. Here's to many great shows ahead!
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    ^ great post!

• Options
    mcrokmcrok Posts: 628

Even though I don't have a Ten Club membership, I couldn't help but post on this thread. The first time seeing PJ for me was in Atlanta last year. Being on the rail, up close and personal, made me fall more in love with this band. Charlottlesville was my second show, and Charlotte came after. Over the course of about a year between ATL and CVille, I started picking up bootlegs from various years and listening to them sometimes daily on my hour drive to school. It was then that I discovered that Pearl Jam are not like most bands. They don't play the same set night after night and each show is very individualistic.

Charlottlesville, a college town I had been to a few times before, never treated me so well. The drive up was beautiful, and knowing that I was going to be on a Pearl Jam ride for the next two days made everything that much better(we drove back and forth each night).Parking wasn't an issue, the staff was nice, and getting our tickets was not a problem. I thought, how much easier this is from a festival!? Although, I still have to say that comparing PJ at a festival to PJ at an arena is like apples & oranges. Its hard for me to describe how I felt once the lights went down and Pendulum slowly started. Throughout the show, my emotions were like a roller coaster. I took a couple pictures during Release that showed everyone's hands in the air, and you can see the band through their hands. I would call it somewhat of a spiritual experience where it felt like everyone was on the same page, for once. That's how I believe that the crowds make a difference at a show.

I'm still a newbie at Pearl Jam shows, but they have always been one of my favorite bands. It is very rewarding sharing these experiences with the man I love. It's like our couples therapy :D I do hope I am able to see Pearl Jam again next year if everything works out. Here's to many great shows ahead!

Right on!
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I love reading posts like the one above from Tama's girlfriend. It takes me back to seeing my first few shows in 2000 & 2003. The fact that Pearl Jam has been around for 23 years and people are still experiencing & enjoying their first live shows is not only a testament to the resilience of this great band, but also to the feeling of "community" of the fan base!
  • Options
    n8dawg79n8dawg79 Virginia Posts: 129
    It is very rewarding sharing these experiences with the [one] I love. It's like our couples therapy :D I do hope I am able to see Pearl Jam again next year if everything works out. Here's to many great shows ahead!

Amen to that!
    Salt Lake City, Utah - Sept 28, 2009
    East Troy, Wisconsin - Sept 3. 2011
    East Troy, Wisconsin - Sept 4, 2011
    Charlottesville, Virginia - Oct 29, 2013
    Hampton, Virginia - Apr 18, 2016
  • Options
    This is Dane's account. I suggested that he give a little bit of background about himself and his previous Pearl Jam experiences and he may have gone overboard a bit. Anyway, this is his account that he typed up by himself. I didn't even edit it at all (which is hard for me as I was an English teacher for over a dozen years). I am simply copying & pasting it below.

I have been a Pearl Jam fan for about as long as I can remember. About three years before I was watching them from the womb, my parents joined the Ten club after my dad heard their music on the radio. At first he thought he would just be able to buy a few good tickets for him and his soon to be wife. I was not alive then, but I can tell you he never dreamed his two sons would have a chance to go up on stage with all of pearl jam in front of 14,000 people. The first concert that I remember seeing was in Denver, Colorado in ’06.We didn’t have terrible seats, we were up on the right side and about ten rows away from the stage. One thing I remember is the drive up there, I was about five at this time. But my brother and I have noticed that each time we go see a pearl jam concert we have to go a long way away in places like Denver, Salt Lake City, Saskatoon, Costa Rica, and as you know Charlottesville, Virginia. My brother and I have had two GA experiences so far, one far better than the other. The first one was in San Jose, Costa Rica. My dad wasn’t so sure about this concert because it was festival seating and we had never been to a concert with festival seating. We didn’t know what to expect from this. My dad was worried it wouldn’t be all right for kids. But some Ten club members told him that the Costa Rican people were mild mannered and nice. So we flew into Costa Rica about a week earlier and were enjoying the country very much. After everything we went to the concert which was a three hour drive. We thought to drive there a few hours earlier on Sunday. What we did not know that in Costa Rica, that was when everyone traveled. After all of the driving we reached San Jose it was way later than we had hoped. We finally arrived at the concert but there had already been people there since the day before and everyone was just packed into the GA pit like sardines, everyone drinking beer and throwing up. This was nothing like we had expected. When the concert started it was not very fun, we were right in front of these huge speakers so my brother and I were having headaches the whole time. So to sum it up the music was good but the experience was not as fun. The Charlottesville concert is my favorite concert so far. This was the first one we really got there early to acquire good seats. But while we were waiting in line everyone was so nice to us and commenting on how cool our shirts were. We met a lot of interesting people and they shared their stories with us. Once the concert started, it was great. People were not crowding us, they were really cool about us going to the bathroom. Right after the concert started, Eddie noticed us really quickly, when he talked about us being smarter than him and put us up on the big screens I was just a little bit nervous. Because I had heard that the show before he had brought a kid on stage, I really didn’t know what to think of it. This concert I really liked because of all the awesome songs that they did like Jeremy, Grievance, Footsteps, Given to Fly, Rearviewmirror, and Porch. My dad was pretty grateful for Eddie trying to cut back on the cuss words a little bit. You know one of the first things I noticed was this huge thing made of pipe and rope dangling over the stage, and I had no idea what this thing was. It was only until they played sirens that I had an idea of what it was. I thought it was either a bird or a plane, now I don’t know if that’s what it was. But I am pretty sure. It was really cool when they played Jeremy. Then he started talking about ‘’ Wouldn’t it be cool if his first drink of wine was at a pearl jam concert?’’ I was a little unsure about whether or not we were actually going to drink the wine, I found out after he gave some to the band and Matt Cameron just drank half the bottle so Eddie said ‘’Turn the cameras off. Here you go dad, do with it what you will.’’ So dad took a sip and gave it to me, so I took a sip and let me tell I don’t know how Eddie did it. I took one sip and almost spewed all over the rail, then my brother who was kind of hesitant about drinking it. Yeah after all that and a few great songs later, they played porch and I had no idea that they were going to swing those lights all over the stage. When he started swinging on the light I had an idea of why that light was broken at the beginning of the show. Then he fell off and continued singing, that was really surprising. A security guard came over, whispered something in dads ear and told us to go over to the side of the stage to meet him. When we were walking over to the side everyone was saying congratulations and fist bumping us. After we arrived at the side the roadies led us to a place we could sit down then Eddie came over and asked us our names. I was not as nervous as I thought I would have been. When he brought us up onstage, it was just awesome. We shook Mike Mcready’s and Jeff Aments hand. When Eddie noticed the shirts we were wearing he really liked them, and he commented on how we knew ‘’ every word to every song’’. When he finished looking at our shirts he gave us a bottle of wine and we left to the side if the stage. One of the roadies said that bottle you can drink, but I didn’t know what he meant by that We were about to go back down to the floor but they said we could stay there until it was over. They kept giving us all this cool stuff like picks, drumsticks, tambourines, and a few setlists. My brother and I are thankful for all the cool stuff they gave us to help remember this awesome experience. After they bowed out and left, some people asked if they could have a taste of the wine . We decided that we were blessed so we had to share. When a couple people tasted it, they said that it was the sweetest wine they had ever tasted. Then the same security guard came over and told us to come to the V.I.P. rooms and that Eddie wanted to talk to us. So we had him lead us outside the room, then he told us to wait outside. We were so excited, my dad said he might pass out. It was then my mom tasted the wine and said that’s Gatorade, so we all tried it. It was Gatorade. So we went into the room and he told us to sit down on the big couch. He told us that my brother and I knowing the words to all the songs was a real compliment and that when he writes these songs, he never thinks that two kids are going to take the time to learn the words to all of them. Then he was talking about how his girls have made him learn to write songs a lot faster so he can have time with them. We even gave him a song suggestion, but I can’t tell you what it is. So after that we left, while we were leaving, we bumped into Mike Mcready and talked to him for a few minutes. When we got to the car in the parking lot, my dad said that we can’t take the ‘’wine’’ on the plane. There were some people next to us so we decided to talk to them for a little bit. We had a great time just talking with them. There was a women there who caught the harmonica when they played footsteps. There were so many people commenting on our shirts after. It was awesome!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Loved reading Dane's story! So happy for you guys! And you know, what Eddie said about knowing they can play til they're 80 and still have fans... it honestly is so refreshing knowing that people your childrens' age are out there enjoying this band now, and they'll be able to pass the torch when they grow up and have children of their own!

One thing that stood out to me in Dane's account was how humble he comes across. Several times he mentions how grateful, thankful, and blessed he & his brother felt. Being a former teacher myself, and seeing first-hand how cruel and disrespectful a lot of kids can be, it gives me hope for the younger generation. You've raised some good, young men!
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Amazing...thanks for taking the time to share that experience..sitting down to talk to Eddie Vedder..wow..just..wow..you guys were definitely one of the many highlights that night.
    Way to go Mom and Dad..2 more true music fans..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016