*** Charlottesville Fanviews Here 10/29/13 ***

Comments

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    This is just my opinion, but, if your computer isn't connected to your home stereo with a digital connection, or you don't have a a DAC (or know what a DAC is...), or have some sort of DVD-A setup, OR if you just want to put it on your ipod or make a CD to listen in the car, then the HD FLAC version is a total waste of money.

If you have the hardware, and you can hear a marked difference between Blu-Ray and DVD sound, maybe. I'm pretty sure they're just straight 2 channel stereo presentations. The non HD FLAC or CD is probably more than enough sonic boom outta Charlottesville.

Blind taste test, 9 out of 10 listeners couldn't tell the difference between a CD and an high bit rate mp3.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    There is a significant difference in sound quality to my ears. The data shows it is not just a subjective interpretation..rather, it is fact. But we live in a world where fact doesn't always equal reality for many.

FYI- you do not need a high end home system to hear the difference. While I prefer two high quality book shelf speakers in close proximity to my listening zone...a quality set of cans will do just as good. I just download the ALAC-HD to iTunes and play.

Vinyl>HD Audio>CD>mp3

I find it hard to believe ppl can't hear the difference between a blu-ray and dvd. Maybe if you are listening thru your tv speakers but still.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
    mcrok wrote:
    I can't wait to hear this boot in HD
    Yeah me too.

Forgive me but I am a little behind the times here. Do I need a special programme/software for Flac/HD?

I download the ALAC-HD for iTunes at the nugs website.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    mcrok wrote:
    There is a significant difference in sound quality to my ears. The data shows it is not just a subjective interpretation..rather, it is fact. But we live in a world where fact doesn't always equal reality for many.

FYI- you do not need a high end home system to hear the difference. While I prefer two high quality book shelf speakers in close proximity to my listening zone...a quality set of cans will do just as good. I just download the ALAC-HD to iTunes and play.

Vinyl>HD Audio>CD>mp3

I find it hard to believe ppl can't hear the difference between a blu-ray and dvd. Maybe if you are listening thru your tv speakers but still.

I'm not saying I can't tell the difference, I like to think I can. I have a separate tube amp setup for critical analog listening and alot of other "high end" home theater-y stuff, lots of vinyl, tape (mmmmm, Nakamichi), and a nice digital setup. I use Sound Forge Pro to rip to my CDs to FLAC, and prefer to keep my sample rates and bit depths the same as the CD. LPs and tapes, I'll record at 96/24. I VBR (at the highest setting) MP3 everything for the ipod, mostly cause I gotta lotta stuff. I'm pretty sure the majority of people aren't nearly as obsessive about it the way I am.

or this guy...http://www.computeraudiophile.com/blogs ... riment-94/

That being said, I will still download the non HD FLAC cause I'm cheap (and impatient). Again, this is just my opinion, but I think there is WAY to much of the SAMENESS between a very high lossless sample/bit rate stereo mix and a high lossless sample/bit rate of the identical stereo mix. It's not like you're getting a 5.1 surround presentation.

I'm just pretty excited to hear it again. It was, without a doubt, the best concert I've ever been to.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Has anyone figured out the release dates for each boot and posted them? Would love to know when this will be out. Thanks!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    JH6056 wrote:
    Has anyone figured out the release dates for each boot and posted them? Would love to know when this will be out. Thanks!
    Two shows a week each Wednesday, so Charlottesville & Charlotte should be New Year's Day.
  • ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    JH6056 wrote:
    Two shows a week each Wednesday, so Charlottesville & Charlotte should be New Year's Day.

:corn:
  • southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 988
    :corn: :corn: :corn:
    rustedsigns
  • ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    Why wasn't the C'ville show played on Sirius/XM on Friday? I turned it on and they were playing the Pitt show? Does this mean the boot won't be released on New Years?
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Why wasn't the C'ville show played on Sirius/XM on Friday? I turned it on and they were playing the Pitt show? Does this mean the boot won't be released on New Years?
    Same here..gonna try tonight at 7..I did just catch Litlle Wing from Cville a few minutes ago
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

Sweet....I'll try again at 7.
  • I'm stoked off my nuts for this thing to come out. FYI. Lol!
    1st and only show so far:
    Charlottesville, VA 10/29/2013

"He who forgets will be destined to remember."
    Well, I am still waiting..I feel like a 6 yr old waiting for Santa Clause..Wed cant get here fast enough..Ed was sounding great as was the entire band..but Eddie was on...
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

I may go straight to the Corduroy solo..damn that was smokin
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    My plan is to take all of the clips available from the show and string them together as a multi-cam HD show, overlaid with the FLAC soundboard. Basically making a full concert. I'm almost done with Philly 2 which I thought was a great show. But C'ville was definitely the best of my run and I'm excited to make the film. My wife thinks I'm a dork.
    mrussel1 wrote:
    My plan is to take all of the clips available from the show and string them together as a multi-cam HD show, overlaid with the FLAC soundboard. Basically making a full concert. I'm almost done with Philly 2 which I thought was a great show. But C'ville was definitely the best of my run and I'm excited to make the film. My wife thinks I'm a dork.

Can't wait to see your finished project! :corn:
  • PearlJamAdamPearlJamAdam Powhatan VA Posts: 33
    mrussel1 wrote:

Please make this available to watch when complete. What a phenomenal show it was!!!
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    mrussel1 wrote:

Please make this available to watch when complete. What a phenomenal show it was!!!

I plan to do so. It will probably be a few weeks. Keep your eye on this thread.
    Boot due today or tomorrow??
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

wndowpayne wrote:
    Boot due today or tomorrow??

The other boots released up to date, were released on Wednesdays. Not sure what's going on with the Cville and Charlotte boots, as to my knowledge they were not played on XM radio on the previous Friday and or weekend. Doesn't look likely that anything new will be released this week.
  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    Official Cville, Charlotte, and New Orleans boots are available on Nugs Live Downloads. Not sure why 10c hasnt put them up yet, just running behind I guess.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Official Cville, Charlotte, and New Orleans boots are available on Nugs Live Downloads. Not sure why 10c hasnt put them up yet, just running behind I guess.

Will the 10C coupon work if I buy it through Nugs?

• TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    Official Cville, Charlotte, and New Orleans boots are available on Nugs Live Downloads. Not sure why 10c hasnt put them up yet, just running behind I guess.

Will the 10C coupon work if I buy it through Nugs?

I highly doubt it. 10C should be putting them up soon.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Just tried it, I can confirm that Nugs does not accept 10C coupons. :cry:

omg, it is confirmed
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    it is the acoustics of JPJ arena...band is on another level...god, it feels so good
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    it is the acoustics of JPJ arena...band is on another level...god, it feels so good
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    mcrok wrote:

:thumbup: especially after a bottle of Merlot. :D
    you can really tell that the band loved hearing themselves in this place...it was amazing...it was like recording a damn studio album in that place, lol...press it to vinyl already
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    you can really tell that the band loved hearing themselves in this place...it was amazing...it was like recording a damn studio album in that place, lol...press it to vinyl already
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis