Options

10c tickets are a joke

1235»

Comments

• Options
    groovemegrooveme Posts: 353
    I wouldn't say that 10 club tickets are a joke, and I think the idea of giving fan club members the best opportunity to buy the best seats at face value is a great one. But I do not think that any fan club members should be put on the floor more than half way back. Those are actually terrible seats. Any where in the lower bowl would be better, I'd think. As someone with a high number, I don't expect seats better than longer term members, but I would appreciate a seat where I can actually see the band. If you are a tall person, this may not be a huge deal, but for most women and shorter guys, those are terrible seats
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,394
    grooveme wrote:
    If you are a tall person, this may not be a huge deal, but for most women and shorter guys, those are terrible seats

Not even. I'm just under 6'2 and starting at row 20 I won't buy floor tickets. I'd rather be anywhere else in the arena. The further back you go the lower your angle of view. At row 20 it doesn't take much to block your view. Even someone a few inchs shorter than you can still block you at eye level. A short girl with super enery powers that keeps her arms up the whole concerts (ahem seattle II 2002).. lol.. pretty much anything....

The only concerts I've been past row 20 have been PJ shows because you don't choose your tickets. If it's a non 10c gig I would never buy floor tickets that far back.

I remember having a friend that got super stoked to get row 47 for an AC/DC show because he was on the floor. I laughed and tried to explain it. He didn't get it until he was there.
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Zod wrote:
    grooveme wrote:
    If you are a tall person, this may not be a huge deal, but for most women and shorter guys, those are terrible seats

Not even. I'm just under 6'2 and starting at row 20 I won't buy floor tickets. I'd rather be anywhere else in the arena. The further back you go the lower your angle of view. At row 20 it doesn't take much to block your view. Even someone a few inchs shorter than you can still block you at eye level. A short girl with super enery powers that keeps her arms up the whole concerts (ahem seattle II 2002).. lol.. pretty much anything....

The only concerts I've been past row 20 have been PJ shows because you don't choose your tickets. If it's a non 10c gig I would never buy floor tickets that far back.

I remember having a friend that got super stoked to get row 47 for an AC/DC show because he was on the floor. I laughed and tried to explain it. He didn't get it until he was there.

Excellent point.

As a short dude, I'm not interested in floor seats even 10 rows back, and if I had a choice of floor, let's say row 5 or wings row 1-15, perhaps even 1-25, I would take the wings every time.

I think this can't be said enough so Ten Club can secure these seats instead of say floor row 20 and back.

Nate
  • Options
    jvoorheesjvoorhees Langley, BC Posts: 199
    Whhhhaaaaaaaaa :cry: Stay home then if you're not impressed with the seats you've gotten from the 10C and give em to someone who will appreciate them!!!
    05/11/2000, Vancouver, BC
    05/30/2003, Vancouver, BC
    09/01/2005, The Gorge
    09/02/2005, Vancouver, BC
    07/22/2006, The Gorge
    09/25/2009, Vancouver, BC
    09/25/2011, Vancouver, BC
    12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC
    12/06/2013, Seattle, WA
  • Options
    groovemegrooveme Posts: 353
    jvoorhees wrote:
    Whhhhaaaaaaaaa :cry: Stay home then if you're not impressed with the seats you've gotten from the 10C and give em to someone who will appreciate them!!!

Thanks for the thoughtful contribution! :roll:

Seriously, I think 10c should get this feedback, and I will write them. You maybe are missing the point. When prepaying for 10c tickets sight unseen/location unknown, we are doing so under the assumption that these are better seats than what we could get from ticket master or stub hub. I would rather pay more for a better seat than get stuck with a terrible seat, which most would agree back of floor seats are, even tall people, it seems.
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    I got tickets for tonight in Charlottesville on the floor? Behind the pit
    And now ticketmaster is releasing floor tickets that are better than 10c tickets.
    I have a ok # 158xxx. But shouldn't be surprised my fan club tickets have gradually gotten worse
    since 03.

That's funny
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    vaggar99 wrote:
    And now ticketmaster is releasing floor tickets that are better than 10c tickets.
    I have a ok # 158xxx. But shouldn't be surprised my fan club tickets have gradually gotten worse
    since 03.

i can't explain this one either. it seems like Ten Club seats got really difficult to get starting with the Backspacer tour. what changed so suddenly? I guess its a case of not knowing how good you have something till its gone

I think the shorter tours played a role. Lots more people traveling for less shows. Non-big city tickets were still pretty easy to get fan club tickets for though up through the 2011 tours.

i think it has more to do with the fact that TM/Livenation (or whatever they are called) runs their own scalping operation. My guess is that big chunk of the good seats go straight there. i can't say for sure if this is true, but it sure seems that way. If it is true, then it surprises me that the band hasn't addressed the issue.
  • Options
    robbierobbie Posts: 882
    i still cannot understand why they would put seats behind GA. what is the problem with an all GA floor? the floor seats halfway back are for sure the WORST seats in the house! i am surprised to see that members with low numbers are given these tickets. I know that the 10c said the best seats were in the wings and they would go to members with lowest numbers, so how is it possible that someone with a 158XXX number could get floor seats? i dont think anyone is bitching just for the sake of bitching, but the 10c should know how fans feel about these seats. it might be that they have no idea how bad these seats are, and are giving them to low numbers because they think we want them. they should know we do not.
  • Options
    nutbarznutbarz Posts: 227
    :corn:
    Noload wrote:
    I hope they revert back to no General Admission.
  • Options
    since 03.

This actually is kinda surprising. 189xxx landed me in the second row on the floor behind GA at Philly 2. So that's not bad. People with numbers lower than mine were on the lower bowl on the sides and as far back as the GA goes...which are primo seats. I'd imagine that Charlottesville wouldn't be as highly populated with fanclub members with reserved tickets as Philly, so I'm surprised your 158xxx number landed you on the floor and not the sides.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,394
    robbie wrote:
    i still cannot understand why they would put seats behind GA. what is the problem with an all GA floor? the floor seats halfway back are for sure the WORST seats in the house! i am surprised to see that members with low numbers are given these tickets. I know that the 10c said the best seats were in the wings and they would go to members with lowest numbers, so how is it possible that someone with a 158XXX number could get floor seats? i dont think anyone is bitching just for the sake of bitching, but the 10c should know how fans feel about these seats. it might be that they have no idea how bad these seats are, and are giving them to low numbers because they think we want them. they should know we do not.

Depends how many tickets they distributed? We noticed at a few shows (way back in the 00 and 03 tours) that the seemed to determine how to allocated based on distance from the stage. So they'd do the first 20 rows on the floor, then the first section or two of the wings, then the rest of the floor, then the next few wings sections.

I guess it comes down to how many tickets does the 10c get. The more they get, the more likely some of them won't be all that great.

As for the comments about why only part of the floor is GA. I'm not actually sure. It's actually the first time I've seen it. I've seen u2/springsteen do all GA floor and make a seperate ga section closer to the stage, but other than PJ I've never seen an arena floor be both GA and seated. I've seen amphitheatre shows with a small ga section before the seats, but thats about it.

For the people at these shows. how dense is the GA section? is there a big empty gap between the people and the fence? Usually at a full floor GA the back of the floor is compltely empty because everyone wants to be closer.... so is the same.. everyone kind stands closest to the stage leaving the back of the GA section empty? Meaning if there was no wall, the people in the seats would be closer?
  • Options
    I ended up with floor tickets for Dallas this past weekend and side tickets for OKC. I really didn't want floor seats before the weekend because I know they can be bad. Fortunately, the GA pit for Dallas was really small. It only went back about the equivalent of 10-12 rows if there were seats. My tickets were located on row 11 and I actually had a great view. I was fortunate enough not to have any tall people in front of me and was located dead center.

I feel like my floor seat experience was more of the exception than the norm. It would be nice if 10c didn't do floor seats past 5 rows or so. Beyond that there's too high a chance of not being able to see.

I was really glad to have side seats for OKC, the GA pit was twice as large and I would have been quite a bit further back if I was in similar floor seats.

Overall, I really liked my floor experience but I felt like I dodged a bullet.
    10.21.00 - Phoenix, AZ
    04.18.03 - Nashville, TN
    06.07.03 - Phoenix, AZ
    06.10.03 - Little Rock, AR
    10.28.09 - Philadelphia, PA
    05.04.10 - St. Louis, MO
    11.15.13 - Dallas, TX
    11.16.13 - Oklahoma City, OK
    10.14.14 - Memphis, TN
    09.16.22 - Nashville, TN
    09.22.22 - Oklahoma City, OK
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,262
    I say PJ brings and installs a slanted floor. :lol:
    Everyone can see...and all the piss, puke and beer rolls down the floor to the front. :lol::lol:
  • Options
    213xxx member #
    Dallas 3rd Row behind pit.
    Phx sec 102 row E

Great seats for both shows.
  • Options
    dr122931dr122931 Posts: 458
    I've got a high number , I accidentally let my membership lapse and I had to start from scratch. I ended up with great seats on the wings in dallas and 2nd row behind GA in dallas. Thank you 10C.
  • Options
    TMudrickTMudrick Posts: 267
    I think complaining about ten club ticket is the joke.
  • Options
    dr122931 wrote:
    I've got a high number , I accidentally let my membership lapse and I had to start from scratch. I ended up with great seats on the wings in dallas and 2nd row behind GA in dallas. Thank you 10C.

Jesus I got second row behind GA in Philly and my number is 189xxx. Probably way more tenclub members at the Philly show than Dallas though.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Based on Leg1 comments, and with my 25xxxx number, I expected to be on the floor behind the GA on the floor at LA2. I was pleasantly surprised to be up the sides with pretty good seats. Loge30 Row6. I think they changed practices and now go up the sides. I was pleased. I still think they should revert back to 1 ten club show per tour, GA and up the sides for reserved. Drop the lottery aspect.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river