Options

10c tickets are a joke

Comments

• Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,942
    198xxx

I was about 10 rows up side stage (Mike's) in Worcester.

For Hartford, I was 3rd row behind GA on Stone's side.

I don't know what it means, but both seats were great. I'd prefer side stage seats, but had absolutely no issue with my Hartford seats.
  • Options
    I've been lucky in the past and had access to season ticket holder seats in Calgary,...awesome side wing seats. This time I opted to change it up and get 10C seats,...enjoyed the experience in Edmonton. I have low 400 number,...so starting to get concerned about quality of my seat.

Maybe 10C should poll the members to try and nail down a system that's most diplomatic. I for one, don't want to be back of floor or near it, don't think we should be put there.

Still can't wait for the shows!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,450
    GlttrGrrl wrote:
    hamma wrote:
    For those complaining about tm seats on the floor keep in mind some of those could have been production seats ie the soundboard area wasn't as big as planned and seats were added. or the 10 club seats weren't sold out in places like Charlottesville And went back to ticketmaster

Right, but 10C seats should be closer than TM seats. So even if 10C seats didn't sell out, there's no reason the closest seats shouldn't be given to 10C members in order of seniority rather than being released to the general public. At least, that's the way the system used to work. And that's what they said would happen this time in the reserved sections, too. 10 Club members were promised the same for this tour:

From the tour announcement email

Regarding the pit: "Ten Club has acquired the entire GA pit for fan club members only"

Regarding reserved seats: "Reserved seated tickets are assigned to members based on seniority in the Ten Club. Remember: public seated tickets fall behind the fan club seats, so no matter your seniority your fan club, seats still put you at an advantage."

This is not what has happened. Perhaps there should be a waitlist for 10 Club members who chose the show in their lottery but got shut out, so that the fan club allotment goes to willing and able fan club members if more tickets become available. And, again, the seat assignments shouldn't be made until the day of the show so that seating really is based on seniority, like they said it would be.

It would be impossible to process a waiting list and then assign all of the 10C tickets on the day of a show, especially since most bands don't release their held tickets until the afternoon of the show.
  • Options
    chaslilchaslil Westminster CO Posts: 306
    I got tickets for tonight in Charlottesville on the floor? Behind the pit
    And now ticketmaster is releasing floor tickets that are better than 10c tickets.
    I have a ok # 158xxx. But shouldn't be surprised my fan club tickets have gradually gotten worse
    since 03.

This makes no sense to me. I haven't read the whole thread, but I am 159xxx and got Charlottesville seats on side (102) 20 rows up. Our neighbors were 158xxx the people above us were slightly higher, the people below slightly lower. How you had your number on the floor is a mystery to me. Are you sure you know your number?

Charles
    Charles
    "The Who is my life. Pearl Jam is my retirement"
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,781
    Question:

For those with good numbers who ended up on the floor behind GA... Did you choose GA for your first choice and Reserved 2nd choice for the show? I'm not sure if 10c would put that much thought into it, but I was just thinking that maybe if you had GA as your first choice, but got Reserved 2nd choice instead, they assumed maybe you'd prefer to be on the floor and thats why they put you there? I was one of the higher number members who ended up w/ a side wing in Hartford, but I went all in on Reserved and didnt put GA as a 2nd choice for that show.

I consider my number to be decent 208xxx, and I went reserved all the way. Never opted for GA and ended up behind the GA section for Philly 1.

I liked the view - I was dead center in front of Ed, but I did have to strain to see because of all the people in front of me. 95% of the other times I had 10 club tickets, I was first level side stage, so that's what I expected this time.
  • Options
    Question:

For those with good numbers who ended up on the floor behind GA... Did you choose GA for your first choice and Reserved 2nd choice for the show? I'm not sure if 10c would put that much thought into it, but I was just thinking that maybe if you had GA as your first choice, but got Reserved 2nd choice instead, they assumed maybe you'd prefer to be on the floor and thats why they put you there? I was one of the higher number members who ended up w/ a side wing in Hartford, but I went all in on Reserved and didnt put GA as a 2nd choice for that show.

I consider my number to be decent 208xxx, and I went reserved all the way. Never opted for GA and ended up behind the GA section for Philly 1.

I liked the view - I was dead center in front of Ed, but I did have to strain to see because of all the people in front of me. 95% of the other times I had 10 club tickets, I was first level side stage, so that's what I expected this time.

Whelp... back to the drawing board :fp:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    I've never been so happy that my number has lapsed.

Our numbers are over 400k, and me and my gf got wings for Philly 1-2 and Hartford.

In Hartford we were up high (row aa) but would rather that over back if the floor any day!

Sorry to hear you low #s are getting the shaft!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    It would be impossible to process a waiting list and then assign all of the 10C tickets on the day of a show, especially since most bands don't release their held tickets until the afternoon of the show.

Then don't have the band hold backs IN the 10C sections...

In 2000 and 2003, they used a block ticketing system where seats were not assigned at all until you picked up your tickets. The later you showed up, the further back in your block you would be, but you'd still be in the closest seat available. If they wanted to keep it based on seniority, they could simply assign them on the day of the show (or the day before whenever they release their holds) before they release the holds, and then release tickets behind the 10C seats.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,368
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Im not buying the "season tickets" theory.

I am a season ticket holder for various things, and I never see a right of refusal for tickets for other events. Best case scenario is we get a presale code to buy tickets before the public.

I am a Sabres season ticket holder and never even got that for PJ
    It comes in to play at the amphitheaters, really shouldn't be a factor in the indoor arenas.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    chrisdatzchrisdatz Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    177xxx and I was shut out of Brooklyn 1 & 2 AND Baltimore (luckily went to all 3 anyway). I went with GA as first choice, reserved 2nd. I can't figure out this new system but it's ridiculous that my decent number always got me tickets before, but gets shut out now. I love this band, and it's just really frustrating to have these kinds of problems after being a longtime 10C member.
    Post edited by chrisdatz on
  • Options
    I've actually left my 10c number lapse two different times...from the 200xxx to now 500xxx...and I still got 114 wing in Charlottesville. Maybe they are digging into membership history? Either way I'll take whatever I get and be happy with it. Thanks 10c
    Pittsburgh, PA (9-5-00), Pittsburgh, PA (4-26-03), State College, PA (5-3-03), Camden, NJ (7-5-03), (7-6-03), (10-8-04), (5-27-06), (5-28-06), (6-23-06), (6-19-08), (6-20-08), (5-13-10), (5-18-10), (9-3-11), (9-4-11), (9-2-12), (10-11-13), (10-29-13)
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,759
    I love the 10 Club, I've been to 23 shows and have used 10 Club about 12 times. Won a lottery in San Diego 09 front row center. No complaints. That being said I bought tickets via ticketmaster to Pearl Jam to both Chicago shows in 2009 and sat on side stage night 1 and the floor night 2. My friend who went through 10 club for both shows was in the 300 level both nights. It is what it is. They release tickets for sold out sporting events a few days ahead of time as well because the visiting teams don't need the amount that are being held. It's not a Pearl Jam/ Ten Club thing, its a venue thing.
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    I have a way to solve the issue.... Make the entire venue GA.
    First come first serve all seats and floor.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,555
    I love my ten club seats. Thank you!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Yeah I was given 10c floor seats way in the back in Bklyn 2 and I have a pretty good number 179xxx. I would've rather been up on side in first tier. Couldn't see a thing.
    In Philly 1 I got a seat right off stage on Stone's side almost level with stage. That was a Ticketmaster ticket. Great view!
    Floor ain't always the best & 10c should know that. Rather be up a bit on side near stage then way back on floor.
    Philly 2 had 10c seat but wasn't so great. I know someone who was over a section from me with a 400xxx number.
    Been going to shows for 15 yrs .
    Worst 10c seats to date.
    there once was a note...LISTEN !
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,781
    I hesitate to put this out there, but I opted for the $20 membership last year after a few years of the $40 membership. Please tell me that has nothing to do with it.
  • Options
    october22 wrote:
    Noload wrote:
    I hope they revert back to no General Admission.

Come on, dude. That's just crazy talk. GA has been fucking awesome. When you get it next time around, you'll be eating your words. Plus, I think it's really energized the shows and that makes it better for all of us, no matter where you're sitting.

Yes. and also, Yes.
    My 2013 Tour:
    London, ON 7.16.13
    Portland 11.29.13
    Spokane 11.30.13
    Vancouver 12.4.13
    Seattle 12.6.13
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    jfconnorjr wrote:
    I have a way to solve the issue.... Make the entire venue GA.
    First come first serve all seats and floor.

I think this should happen

and then we will have real circle pits at the front
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    And now ticketmaster is releasing floor tickets that are better than 10c tickets.
    I have a ok # 158xxx. But shouldn't be surprised my fan club tickets have gradually gotten worse
    since 03.

i can't explain this one either. it seems like Ten Club seats got really difficult to get starting with the Backspacer tour. what changed so suddenly? I guess its a case of not knowing how good you have something till its gone
  • Options
    blindmuleblindmule Albany, NY Posts: 138
    I was a little bummed with the whole 10C ticket experience this year.

I've been a member since 2001 - #237XXX - either way I tried for tickets to 5 different shows and only got the Brooklyn 1 show out of all my requests. No big deal - happy to get anything at all, but my seats weren't even on the floor at all. i was up quite a ways on the side and almost side stage. Amazing show but I actually got better seats through Ticketmaster for the other shows I attended that I got shut out of through 10C ticketing.
  • Options
    TPTP Posts: 4
    I HAVEN'T SEEN THE STAGE SETUP YET, BUT HAVE GA TIX AND WAS WONDERING 2 THINGS.
    #1 I ASSUME THERE IS A "PIT" AREA UP FRONT FOR GA. TRUE? DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MANY
    FANS IT HOLDS?

#2 HOW EARLY DID YOU LINE UP TO GET IN THERE.. I'M IN A LA....

THANKS FOR ANY RESPONSE ... LET THE LIGHNTING BOLTS FLY...!!
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,098
    10C tix are a hilarious joke! Was laughing at at all the non-10C people who had worse seats than me!

At Worcester I lined up around 4:00-4:30 and got to about "4th row."
  • Options
    ceska wrote:
    10C tix are a hilarious joke! Was laughing at at all the non-10C people who had worse seats than me!

Cool... Was there a front pit area that you needed an additional wristband for?
  • Options
    ceska wrote:

Cool... Was there a front pit area that you needed an additional wristband for?
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,098
    Yes. Wristband came with 10C tix.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,631
    vaggar99 wrote:
    since 03.

i can't explain this one either. it seems like Ten Club seats got really difficult to get starting with the Backspacer tour. what changed so suddenly? I guess its a case of not knowing how good you have something till its gone

I think the shorter tours played a role. Lots more people traveling for less shows. Non-big city tickets were still pretty easy to get fan club tickets for though up through the 2011 tours.
  • Options
    I have been lucky to have seen a couple shows since 96 and I recognized many of the same faces around me again.
    Based upon those around me my seats were in the right location.

10C has always been fair in their seating.... I'm sure mistakes do get made.

I'm not a fan of this new system..... but everything evolves. 10C tickets have always been evolving.

What I am though is grateful that I have had the opportunity to see shows all theses years and that I still get my tickets. I don't wanna deal with TM stubhub or eBay......

The one thing that was disheartening was to watch someone pick up 10C tickets and walk right out the venue doors and sell them to a scalper.
    I hope in the future it would be considered that all 10C tickets need a wristband at pickup for entry so that the fan club members who really wanna be there can be or something else to prevent this.

Thanks for all your hard work!
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • Options
    ceska wrote:

Hi, thanks I'm aware there are wristbands for GA, my question is pertaining to is there a "pit" section within the GA that requires an additional wristband. Does anyone know?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,995
    TP wrote:
    ceska wrote:

Hi, thanks I'm aware there are wristbands for GA, my question is pertaining to is there a "pit" section within the GA that requires an additional wristband. Does anyone know?

There is not. One GA section, no special pit.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    No the GA/pit section is just one open section in front of the stage. Only one wristband needed.
    Columbus 6/24/03, Pittsburgh 9/28/05, Cleveland 5/20/06, Pittsburgh 6/23/06, Chicago 8/5/07, New York 6/24/08, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, Mansfield 6/30/08, EV D.C. 8/16/08, EV Chicago 8/22/08, EV Baltimore 6/14/09, Chicago 8/23/09, Philadelphia 10/27/09, Philadelphia 10/28/09, Philadelphia 10/30/09, Philadelphia 10/31/09, Columbus 5/6/10, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Cleveland 5/9/10, Buffalo 5/10/10, EV Detroit 6/26/11, Toronto 9/12/11, Hamilton 9/15/11, Pittsburgh 10/11/13, Buffalo 10/12/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, Los Angeles 11/24/13, Cincinnati 10/1/14, Detroit 10/16/14, New York 9/26/15, Greenville 4/16/16, Hampton 4/18/16, Columbia 4/21/16, Philadelphia 4/29/16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/22/16, Denver 9/22/22, Los Angeles 5/21/24