Options

10c tickets are a joke

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,280
    Yeah i feel bad complaining but in philly i was a little disappointed with the seats. Reason i went for reserved is because i thought i would get wing tickets and my wife is short so wanted her to see. Of course i get the tickets and im sect 1 row 7 (mikes side behind GA on the floor) so i was a bit pissed cause i would have just gone for GA if i was gonna be on the floor. My # is 205xxx on the second night i had to go through TM and help of other fans and finally got a ticket which was Row 1 of the lower bowl about 4 rows behind where i sat on the stage. I could see much better and overall a better seat (didnt have anyone pee on me and had a drink holder so drunk a holes didnt knock over my drinks).

All other shows i have been on the wing and have been great seats.

I was 4 rows behind you. when I 1st picked up the tickets was kind of annoyed. same as you if I wanted to be on the floor I would have just chosen GA instead of reserved. ended up not being too bad, im only 5'9" but luckily the people in front of me weren't real tall either. the floor seats ended up being better than I thought mostly because of the energy. had a good group around me so that helped.

all in all i'd rather have bad (all relative compared to most other seats in the house) 10C ticket than try and get general tickets. 10C tickets on the floor behind GA are still better than almost all 2nd level seats. without 10c would be paying a premium to sit anywhere else as I did for night #2.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    I saw at charlotessville people in the best row and section had etickets??
  • Options
    This place. Great moogily boogily.... It is never enough, good enough, close enough, fast enough, .......................

:fp:
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I heard there was tickets available on stubhub for this show, at $4 dollars!!!!
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    I know of a few people that had pretty high 10C numbers and they were in the seats behind GA in Philly. They all enjoyed the sound and were able to see fine. One of them is very short as well.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    Hopped Up wrote:
    The 10C tried to change it with the lottery for the first two rows, but I'd seen enough shows with the low number folks looking bored unless there was something rare played that it has to make it more fun for the band to have people going crazy the whole show, even for Evenflow (as opposed to the guy in Chicago 09 night 2 who wore a shirt requesting that they not play Evenflow - funny, yes, but Eddie told him to fuck off after they played it).

THIS is one of the reasons why they should never get rid of GA. I HATE being stuck in the back excited for every song but the people with the close seats act like spoiled children who are tired of the classics and use the bathroom every 5th song. That has to be an energy drag for the band.

Remember Eddie in '03? "I'm seeing the same faces up front every show... don't you all have wives? Go home and have sex with your wives" (ok that was paraphrasing but you get the gist, I can't find the quote).
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    moemoe6434 wrote:
    This place. Great moogily boogily.... It is never enough, good enough, close enough, fast enough, .......................

:fp:
    Behind GA section with a number like 158xxx kinda does suck. And I'm not one of the chronic complainers. I completely understand OP's frustration.
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    If they keep GA I hope all other 10c reserved seats are somewhere off the floor. Is that too much to ask? GA or sides? Know up front then make the decision as to which one to attempt to purchase. I don't think this is not reasonable to suggest.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    If they keep GA I hope all other 10c reserved seats are somewhere off the floor. Is that too much to ask? GA or sides? Know up front then make the decision as to which one to attempt to purchase. I don't think this is not reasonable to suggest.

Even though we disagree on GA I agree with this.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    make the floor all GA and seats are all in the wings. ;)
  • Options
    my number is 308xxx and i only won the lottery for philly 1, where i ended up in sect 101, row 10. i was thrilled with these seats as i'm barely 5'2".

for wrigley, i ended up a few seats away from bartman's seat, 4 rows off the field and again i was so happy to get those, knowing that i'd actually be able to see. my number usually puts me at the back of the floor at msg where i can't see anything. i stared at someone's back both nights in nj in '06 - could not see a thing at all either night.

i'd read that people with comparable numbers to mine ended up behind the pit - i have no idea how they're assigning seats, but am ever so grateful that it worked out well for me this go around. of course, since i only won the lottery for 1 show (my second choice) i had to deal with TM to get tix for my other shows, and was lucky enough that some friends had extra 10c seats for philly 2.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    +1 :)
    october22 wrote:
    Noload wrote:
    I hope they revert back to no General Admission.

Come on, dude. That's just crazy talk. GA has been fucking awesome. When you get it next time around, you'll be eating your words. Plus, I think it's really energized the shows and that makes it better for all of us, no matter where you're sitting.
  • Options
    GlttrGrrlGlttrGrrl Posts: 129
    THIS!!!
    Brisk. wrote:
    I saw at charlotessville people in the best row and section had etickets??

Seriously! Like the OP, and others have mentioned, the tickets at Charlottesville seemed to be messed up. In the three shows I went to on this tour, with 10C number 105xxx, I never got closer than 9th row at any show. Before 2006, I was never further back than 8th row on the floor. I didn't expect to get very close in BK with the number of 10C members who go to NYC shows, but I expected a little better in Baltimore and Charlottesville. In Baltimore, I know that a couple of rows in front of us were for guests of the band. Brendan Canty was three rows in front of me. But the band's guest list block is set aside from the 10C allotment, but it is within the 10C sections. So it seems like these are the totally stellar seats that are released on the day of the show when the band doesn't use all of their allotted tickets.

But then the question becomes why don't they move the 10C folks up into those seats??? Since ticket locations aren't revealed until the day of the show, they could simply assign those seats to the 10C members who would have been sitting behind those rows, and then everyone moves up a row or two. Instead, we wind up sitting behind some people who happened to go up to the box office or check on TM for tickets, and not in the "best seats in the house."

I was in section 114, row M in Charlottesville. It was amazing, and I really really like being up in the wings (I cannot do GA), but why were there more than a dozen empty seats in the rows in front of me. Why were there like two rows of people in front of me with e-tickets from TM? In Baltimore, there were at least a half dozen empty seats in front of me.

This could be cured if they went back to the "ticket block" method they used back in 2000 and 2003, where if your fan club number was between certain numbers, you got the first available tickets in a particular block of seats. No seat was assigned to any member in advance, and there were no gaps in seats unless someone passed out in the parking lot or something after picking up their tickets, and random people couldn't just buy those seats (which were already sold) on the day of the show and get better seats than fan club members.

I don't know. There are draw backs to every method they've used. But it really rubbed me the wrong way to be behind so many empty seats and behind so many apathetic folks who happened to get lucky on TM the day of the show.
  • Options
    I'm grateful to have been to both shows but my "Reserved" ticket experience was less than stellar.

My number is 239XXX...Not a great number but I expected a little more.

In Philly #1 I got Floor Section 1 (Mike side of stage) Row 12...People in front of me had TM seats.

In Baltimore I got Floor Section 3 (Mike side of stage) Row C (3)...Two people I met came with "Reserved" tickets but were 10c number in the 400s...They ended up in the same section but Row A (1)...Right behind a fairly uncrowded GA section. Leaned right on the GA barrier had a great view of the show.

Again I'm grateful but slightly better seats would have been nice.
  • Options
    pjtourpjtour Posts: 83
    There will always be "Ticketmaster" seats that are better than fan club, especially in venues with season ticket holders. People who pay big bucks for season tickets get an option at getting great seats to other events that come to the venue.

With that being said suck it up and enjoy the fact you have tickets period! Actually, when you at your next PJ concert and feeling so "MISTREATED" by the tickets you got from the fan club, take a look behind the stage...you will see me there, one damn happy Panda, rockin' hard and just glad to be at any PJ show period!
    I'll ride the wave, where it takes me...
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    JimmyV wrote:
    In Worcester the 10C floor seats were going to members with high 400 member numbers.

I'm thinking this venue is either very small or there is a snafu.

in brooklyn both nights mid 250 numbers got floor seats.
    same happened to me in 2010 at MSG. so this new system or old system, i pretty much got the same seats.

i definitely got better seats pre-2010, but c'est la vie. i was THERE, and i had a BLAST.
    (but sure, i'd prefer sides so i can see better)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    qcreteqcrete Posts: 133
    I was really happy with the old system like the way the 2013 show in London ON Canada was arranged - I have never been a fan of GA pits since my first show at randalls island ny back in the 96 when my ten club ticket had my name printed on it
  • Options
    cfbd68cfbd68 Posts: 228
    I'm happy wherever I get. All the shows I go to is with Guacamolejoe 8-)

I follow him (like a wave)……………..…..where he takes meeeeeee ;)
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder, to find an approach and a way to live
    Constant Recoil..Sometimes life, Don't leave you alone
    When the anxious is the present, unwrap your gifts, take your time
  • Options
    AggAgg Posts: 462
    I had Reserved for Philly 1 and TM for Philly 2...I wound up in the same section for both shows, but I was 10 rows closer with the tickets I got through TM. :lol:

I can't complain though since I have a number in the 400's. I pretty much expected my seats to be where they were. Hopefully they keep GA so I have a chance to be close one day.
    2013: Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2014: Cincinnati
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018: Krakow, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Boston 1, Boston 2
  • Options
    I'm number 193*** and had second row seat on mikes side of the stage in Pittsburgh. No problems for me at all. However, I don't like the idea of a GA. I was lucky enough to get front row seats to the London Ontario show this summer and they actually had rows of chairs there. So it felt like a real front row seat show!
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,885
    If you love GA, come over to Europe next summer. :)
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    Twiggy57Twiggy57 Posts: 136
    Suziemay wrote:
    Yep, this is what I predicted would happen. I'm guessing not as many 10clubbers entered for GA tickets and went for reserved fearing they would be shut out if they just entered for GA (that's what I did). Then, if not all GA tickets were sold to 10 club, they would release the extras for general public. NOT a fan of this new system. I got side section almost halfway down in Buffalo on 166XXX and really felt sorry for the low number fans who were sitting way back behind the GA section. Not cool, imo.
    Low fan #s in Buffalo were side stage, not back of floor.

I dont understand the fan numbers, you are talking about low fan/high fan. Does that mean that they actually look at the time when we became 10club fan member? :?

I never got/bought seat tickets, I think the vibe on the floor is zo much better.
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    Twiggy57 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    Yep, this is what I predicted would happen. I'm guessing not as many 10clubbers entered for GA tickets and went for reserved fearing they would be shut out if they just entered for GA (that's what I did). Then, if not all GA tickets were sold to 10 club, they would release the extras for general public. NOT a fan of this new system. I got side section almost halfway down in Buffalo on 166XXX and really felt sorry for the low number fans who were sitting way back behind the GA section. Not cool, imo.
    Low fan #s in Buffalo were side stage, not back of floor.

I dont understand the fan numbers, you are talking about low fan/high fan. Does that mean that they actually look at the time when we became 10club fan member? :?

I never got/bought seat tickets, I think the vibe on the floor is zo much better.

for reserved seat allocation, yes. the longer you've been in 10c, the better your seats.

I didn't even know my 10c number until I decided to go to the US this year. europe's all GA anyway so it doesn't matter.
  • Options
    Question:

For those with good numbers who ended up on the floor behind GA... Did you choose GA for your first choice and Reserved 2nd choice for the show? I'm not sure if 10c would put that much thought into it, but I was just thinking that maybe if you had GA as your first choice, but got Reserved 2nd choice instead, they assumed maybe you'd prefer to be on the floor and thats why they put you there? I was one of the higher number members who ended up w/ a side wing in Hartford, but I went all in on Reserved and didnt put GA as a 2nd choice for that show.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    GlttrGrrlGlttrGrrl Posts: 129
    pjtour wrote:
    There will always be "Ticketmaster" seats that are better than fan club, especially in venues with season ticket holders. People who pay big bucks for season tickets get an option at getting great seats to other events that come to the venue.

With that being said suck it up and enjoy the fact you have tickets period! Actually, when you at your next PJ concert and feeling so "MISTREATED" by the tickets you got from the fan club, take a look behind the stage...you will see me there, one damn happy Panda, rockin' hard and just glad to be at any PJ show period!

That hasn't always been true at PJ shows. "Season tickets" did not trump fan club people. Until these last couple of shows, the only time there was a ticketmaster ticket holder in my section was when the row had an odd number of seats and they dropped all the random single seats to the general public. Besides, the upside of being in a 10C section is that you're sitting with other die-hard fans, not random people who really like the singles, but don't realize how great it is that they just played I am Mine AND Grievance AND Down AND Sad AND Thumbing My Way.

Just because we get tickets that we pay for doesn't mean that we can't have feedback about how the tickets are distributed...
  • Options
    hammahamma Posts: 88
    Question:

For those with good numbers who ended up on the floor behind GA... Did you choose GA for your first choice and Reserved 2nd choice for the show? I'm not sure if 10c would put that much thought into it, but I was just thinking that maybe if you had GA as your first choice, but got Reserved 2nd choice instead, they assumed maybe you'd prefer to be on the floor and thats why they put you there? I was one of the higher number members who ended up w/ a side wing in Hartford, but I went all in on Reserved and didnt put GA as a 2nd choice for that show.
    I got Hartford res on my second choice. I got shut out of Worcester 1. I was 2 rows behind ga dead center. # 191xxxx.maybe the choices contributed to getting floor vs wings. For those complaining about tm seats on the floor keep in mind some of those could have been production seats ie the soundboard area wasn't as big as planned and seats were added. or the 10 club seats weren't sold out in places like Charlottesville And went back to ticketmaster
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,618
    Im not buying the "season tickets" theory.

I am a season ticket holder for various things, and I never see a right of refusal for tickets for other events. Best case scenario is we get a presale code to buy tickets before the public.

I am a Sabres season ticket holder and never even got that for PJ
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Im not buying the "season tickets" theory.

I am a season ticket holder for various things, and I never see a right of refusal for tickets for other events. Best case scenario is we get a presale code to buy tickets before the public.

I am a Sabres season ticket holder and never even got that for PJ

Some venues have something beyond "season tickets". Many years ago, at the LA Forum, that class of seats were called "Senate Seats". If you had Senate Seats you could go to any event. That was Lakers, Kings, Globetrotters, any concert. Whatever the event, as long as there were tickets for sale to the public (as opposed to a private party like when PJ played a private concert for Target), a person with Senate Seats could go. Included playoffs, etc. The company I work for had Senate Seats and I actually saw the Scorpions many years ago. I know they are extremely expensive but they existed. I bet other venues have these as well. I'm sure the venus PJ plays are no different. As for a concert, they may not be the best. These seats are usually low level, mid court. I'm sure this is going on.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    hamma wrote:
    For those complaining about tm seats on the floor keep in mind some of those could have been production seats ie the soundboard area wasn't as big as planned and seats were added. or the 10 club seats weren't sold out in places like Charlottesville And went back to ticketmaster

Right, but 10C seats should be closer than TM seats. So even if 10C seats didn't sell out, there's no reason the closest seats shouldn't be given to 10C members in order of seniority rather than being released to the general public. At least, that's the way the system used to work. And that's what they said would happen this time in the reserved sections, too. 10 Club members were promised the same for this tour:

From the tour announcement email

Regarding the pit: "Ten Club has acquired the entire GA pit for fan club members only"

Regarding reserved seats: "Reserved seated tickets are assigned to members based on seniority in the Ten Club. Remember: public seated tickets fall behind the fan club seats, so no matter your seniority your fan club, seats still put you at an advantage."

This is not what has happened. Perhaps there should be a waitlist for 10 Club members who chose the show in their lottery but got shut out, so that the fan club allotment goes to willing and able fan club members if more tickets become available. And, again, the seat assignments shouldn't be made until the day of the show so that seating really is based on seniority, like they said it would be.
  • Options
    All I can say is that I have a ticket to see one bad ass band in Dallas and once again in Phx!!! :D