Options

NBA Thread now in 2015

Comments

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,541
    edited January 2017
    So pround for our guy..

Post edited by 23scidoo on
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

So pround for our guy..

Who?!?
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,467

23scidoo said:

So pround for our guy..

Who?!?
    Who?

Man, that's the Greek Freak!! >Giannis Antetokounmpo!!

Have no clue how to pronounce his last name, so "they" call him the Greek Freak>LOL
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,343
    23scidoo said:

So pround for our guy..

:plus_one:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    cutz said:

23scidoo said:

So pround for our guy..

Who?!?
    Who?

Have no clue how to pronounce his last name, so "they" call him the Greek Freak>LOL
    Totally rhetorical...

Let's see what's up in a few years.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,541
    edited January 2017

cutz said:

23scidoo said:

So pround for our guy..

Who?!?
    Who?

Totally rhetorical...

Let's see what's up in a few years.
    In a few years all the Americans you will be like that :bow: ..
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,343
    cutz said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcg3joGpNvQ
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    What a week for the Warriors. Cavs beat by 35, thunder by 21 and Rockets by 17. I hope this ends the hype the Rockets are a threat to them.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,517
    Gobert went for 27/25 last night. dude is a beast. Jazz are heading in the right direction.

a dopey friend of mine bet me a case of beer that the lakers would finish with a better record.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    So it begins ...

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Jason P said:

So it begins ...

Pathetic
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

So it begins ...

Pathetic
    Could be worse ....

But the seal has been cracked. Once other leagues see the profit they are missing out, it is on.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

So it begins ...

No, really?!?
  • Options
    Lebron realizes that the Cavs need another piece to the puzzle. The Cavs nixed a trade for Carmelo/Love immediately, lol.

Carmelo has become Dominique Wilkins now in that all scoring and not much else...

Lebron needs to rest.

Harden MVP? I still like Westbrook for that.

Warriors lose Heat. Mid season blues is all that is. all the teams will go through this.

Any thoughts?

Oh yeah and Popovitch is playing mind games again.

• Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Warriors have hit that spot in their season where guys are just going through the motions. 4th quarter last night can't happen too often where they have to come down from 10 against an inferior team.

I would give Westbrook the MVP. Dude is having an unreal season. Harden is a great player but his stats are inflated from the system Houston is running.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,326
    ^
    When has Carmelo ever not been about only scoring?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

^

He used to put his hands up for defense... used to.
  • Options

^

He used to put his hands up for defense... used to.
    Did he?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Warriors have hit that spot in their season where guys are just going through the motions. 4th quarter last night can't happen too often where they have to come down from 10 against an inferior team.

I would give Westbrook the MVP. Dude is having an unreal season. Harden is a great player but his stats are inflated from the system Houston is running.

Westbrook has that overdrive gear that others don't and can do that every night. Crazy right?
  • Options
    Carmelo has never been anything but a "me first" scorer for his entire career.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Not going to disagree but he did win a championship in college so there has to be some team play involved in that. He needs to be the #2 guy on the team. Someone has to be better than him and be a leader. He is not a leader and he has openly said that. I'd like to see him teamed up with a core group of people like they did with Love. He has become a much better rounded player since coming to the Cavs.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,215

Not going to disagree but he did win a championship in college so there has to be some team play involved in that. He needs to be the #2 guy on the team. Someone has to be better than him and be a leader. He is not a leader and he has openly said that. I'd like to see him teamed up with a core group of people like they did with Love. He has become a much better rounded player since coming to the Cavs.
    and has won multiple titles for team USA.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Our college players should be winning the olympics. There was a few dark years when the team went array and stunk but they cleaned that up. We really should showcase our college players there.
  • Options

Yeah maybe he will be better if he's not the main guy.

But he's always been an inefficient scorer and doesn't seem to have interest in playing defense. I've never been a Mello fan. And it's no surprise he's never really had a lot of playoff success in his career.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,085
    Good for the Cavs for not doing that trade for now, but it could still happen if GM LeBron continues his influence. Though with what's going on with the Bulls, it might be possible Wade is traded.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I'd be fine with Love for Melo. He is an inefficient scorer but I'm not sure he needs to be one. There isn't a ton that Love brings to the table that Melo can't. Certainly some inside presence but Melo is certainly a better playmaker which is what the Cavs need. I'm sure that is the ideal situation for the Cavs though. They would rather add the playmaker without giving up Love. But that's much easier said than done.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,215

pjhawks said:

Our college players should be winning the olympics. There was a few dark years when the team went array and stunk but they cleaned that up. We really should showcase our college players there.
    I'd prefer what they do in soccer where your team for the Olympics can be pros but have to be 23 or under. Although I think soccer allows for a few exceptions per team. With so many guys going after their freshman years would be hard to put together a team of just college players.
  • Options
    Our college team could win the Olympics if they were playing other amateur athletes. But they would not be. Therefore they would not have a chance. Plus our best collegiate players are one and done.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I'd be fine with Love for Melo. He is an inefficient scorer but I'm not sure he needs to be one. There isn't a ton that Love brings to the table that Melo can't. Certainly some inside presence but Melo is certainly a better playmaker which is what the Cavs need. I'm sure that is the ideal situation for the Cavs though. They would rather add the playmaker without giving up Love. But that's much easier said than done.

If isolation basketball is your idea of playmaking then Melo is your man. Playmaker he is not...
    mrussel1 said:

Our college team could win the Olympics if they were playing other amateur athletes. But they would not be. Therefore they would not have a chance. Plus our best collegiate players are one and done.

I agree with the one and done. If we had actual seniors I know we would kill with coach K at the helm.