Options

NBA Thread now in 2015

Comments

• Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    Can't believe the Hornets took Plumlee off Bucks Hands. Other than Noah's contract, Plumlee's has to be one of the worst in the league. Yes they didn't give up anything really (Hibbert and Hawes - Both past it now), but took back a terrible contract without even getting a draft pick out of it
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,279
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    pop for potus!
  • Options
    Pap said:
    Why are we excited about a Jazz and Bucks game?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632

Pap said:
    Because of the Greek?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Pap said:
    Because of the Greek?
    I know whom it's for, I'm just poking fun as you couldn't pay me to watch that game...
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,078
    No Coder said:

Can't believe the Hornets took Plumlee off Bucks Hands. Other than Noah's contract, Plumlee's has to be one of the worst in the league. Yes they didn't give up anything really (Hibbert and Hawes - Both past it now), but took back a terrible contract without even getting a draft pick out of it

The worst center contract of all time before now was Jerome James, five years, 30 million by the Knicks in 2005
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options

Because I'm a Jazz fan?
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    kind of a quiet crowd in atlanta, tonight. wonder why? :wink:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Wobbie said:

With all due respect, Atlanta crowds are always pretty quiet and sparse....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Wobbie said:

with all due respect, I was trying to make a clever joke.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Wobbie said:

Wobbie said:

with all due respect, I was trying to make a clever joke.
    It went over so well!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    The hell is wrong with Phil Jackson?
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    AHHHHH!!!

At least this will only offend a small amount of people who define themselves as Brooklyn Nets fans
  • Options
    my goddam jazz are looking pretty good!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

The hell is wrong with Phil Jackson?

I told anyone who would listen he was an asshole when he was riding kobe to all those rings. as overrated as torre. oops, sorry, cliff.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I'm pretty un-hip....who's the dreadlocked brother doing the espn nba commercials?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I hardly ever watch more than my home town jazz but tonight I've watched 3 NBA games.....there are stars, solid players and dudes that shouldn't even be here.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    OK Let's talk Knicks...

So Oak, Charles Oakley was removed from his seat last night at a game. Rumor has it that it's because Dolan the owner didn't want him near him...

Phil Jackson and Melo saga... I'll say this. The knicks were in a downward spiral before either of them were there. Isiah Thomas didn't have a very good run at GM either.

I say that all hands point towards Dolan. There is NO WAY that a team can be this bad for this long...
  • Options
    the problem is the market ... good teams need to be very bad first ... it means not trading away first rounders for the hope of piecing together a contending team ... the Knicks should definitely trade Melo and maybe even Porzingis for draft picks and tank for a few years ...
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Wobbie said:

our goddam jazz are looking pretty good!

Fixed! :smile:
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

the problem is the market ... good teams need to be very bad first ... it means not trading away first rounders for the hope of piecing together a contending team ... the Knicks should definitely trade Melo and maybe even Porzingis for draft picks and tank for a few years ...

You need smart management that is able to fleece teams out of picks to make to have any chance of making that strategy successful. And it's yet to be seen if that process works. Philly has only struck gold with one of their picks so far, and while Embiid is really good, he has already suffered two major injuries in his short career and hasn't been playing recently ... not sure if they are tanking again or if he is injured again.

And trading Porzingis would be about the dumbest thing the Knicks could do ... so the is a pretty good chance they are considering it.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

polaris_x said:

You need smart management that is able to fleece teams out of picks to make to have any chance of making that strategy successful. And it's yet to be seen if that process works. Philly has only struck gold with one of their picks so far, and while Embiid is really good, he has already suffered two major injuries in his short career and hasn't been playing recently ... not sure if they are tanking again or if he is injured again.

And trading Porzingis would be about the dumbest thing the Knicks could do ... so the is a pretty good chance they are considering it.
    They aren't developing Porzingis properly anyway. I really don't see him being the Unicorn that hey say he is. He gets the hype because of the market he's in. So trade him for some draft picks, get rid of Melo, load up on D league players that have a chip on their shoulder and are hungry and actually develop your younger players.
  • Options
    Oh yeah and get a real leader in there. Gumby might be the one though, let's see. Oh and "Gumby" is Brandin Jennings.
  • Options

Jason P said:

polaris_x said:

They aren't developing Porzingis properly anyway. I really don't see him being the Unicorn that hey say he is. He gets the hype because of the market he's in. So trade him for some draft picks, get rid of Melo, load up on D league players that have a chip on their shoulder and are hungry and actually develop your younger players.
    Sounds like you follow the Knicks more then I do, but trading a known quantity with rare physical attributes is like the guys who let it ride after winning a huge bet at the horse track in my opinion. Please have Phil contact the Pacers and see if a deal can be worked out.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

polaris_x said:

Sounds like you follow the Knicks more then I do, but trading a known quantity with rare physical attributes is like the guys who let it ride after winning a huge bet at the horse track in my opinion. Please have Phil contact the Pacers and see if a deal can be worked out.
    I follow Basketball in general a bunch. Love it.

I'd love to see John Wall go somewhere like the Lakers or the Knicks. If he could go somewhere that has money to spend then that team would have a lot of followers. To go back on what I've said before too, IF and only IF John Wall can actually play with other players this would be a win win for one of the teams mentioned. I'm still not sold that he can play with another superstar on the team and with todays standards you need a big 3 to get anywhere, unless you're the clippers...
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

polaris_x said:

Oh and the Pacers have good player development so the Unicorn would do well there.
  • Options
    Pap said:

Wobbie said:

yeah, damn. 21 up, with 18 minutes to go :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Pap said:

Wobbie said:

yeah, damn. 21 up, with 18 minutes to go :angry:
    :disappointed:
  • Options
    Jason P said:

polaris_x said:

i'm not sold as porzingis being part of the core of a championship team ... let's see if he can stay healthy ... the primary reason why I mention him is because he has the most value on the team now ... i think he would get more than melo on the open market ...