Options

NBA Thread now in 2015

Comments

• Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I love Barkley's quote that if someone steps over you like that you have a moral obligation to pop him in the nuts. You don't step over players like that and Lebron knows that.

Green's mistake was the punch afterwards that showed he did it with intent.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,562
    would be nice if we could get a Game 6 (and 7).
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,722
    Wobbie said:

As a Cleveland native, I would enjoy that very much.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,495
    Wobbie said:

Do the Cavs have enough in the tank to hang on? GSW playing a lot more players.
  • Options
    cutz said:

Wobbie said:

Do the Cavs have enough in the tank to hang on? GSW playing a lot more players.
    They are definitely going deeper. But their rotations are a bit screwy with the loss of Green.
  • Options
    it would be nice to get SOMETHING out of Love :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    KY-RIE!!!!! holy shit.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Wobbie said:

KY-RIE!!!!! holy shit.

Dude is on fire. Anderson Varejão is the face of flopping in the NBA.
  • Options
    TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422

Wobbie said:

KY-RIE!!!!! holy shit.

Really? Over Lebron, Ginobili, Jamal Crawford? Lebron looks like he gets shot in the face by a .380 every time someone contests his layups.... I guess he could have learned from Bron.... I hope the Cavs win btw....
  • Options
    TL170678 said:

Wobbie said:

KY-RIE!!!!! holy shit.

Really? Over Lebron, Ginobili, Jamal Crawford? Lebron looks like he gets shot in the face by a .380 every time someone contests his layups.... I guess he could have learned from Bron.... I hope the Cavs win btw....
    I love Andy, flopping or not. Some people booed him in Cleveland last week which I thought was despicable.
    Kyrie was great last night, but Lebron showed up with GOAT type aggressiveness. He felt disrespected by Clay and the shitty ass GS fans.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    TL170678 said:

Wobbie said:

KY-RIE!!!!! holy shit.

Not to take anything away from those fine floppers, but the way Andy laid on the floor holding the side of his head last night was really sad. It was clearly phony.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Even if the cavs lose game 6, LeBron is the MVP. He leads both teams in every statistical category except total scoring, and he's just 1 point behind kyrie. Makes sense unless he has just a horrible game 6.

Source: Nick Jones on Colin cowherd radio show.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    I'm biased, but Lebron is still the best player in the league. He can do anything on the court at an elite level. And further, I think Klay is better than Steph. I'd rather have Klay at least. Someone made teh great point last night that Klay always takes the best guard on the floor. He is such the better two way player than Steph.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I'm biased, but Lebron is still the best player in the league. He can do anything on the court at an elite level. And further, I think Klay is better than Steph. I'd rather have Klay at least. Someone made teh great point last night that Klay always takes the best guard on the floor. He is such the better two way player than Steph.

I've never been a fan of giving the MVP to a player on the losing team, but it's not even close right now. LeBron is the best player on the floor.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

I've never been a fan of giving the MVP to a player on the losing team, but it's not even close right now. LeBron is the best player on the floor.
    Without researching, the only time I recall it happening was Ron Hextall for the Flyers
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,245
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Without researching, the only time I recall it happening was Ron Hextall for the Flyers
    it's happened 5x in the NHL but the Conn Smythe is for the whole playoffs and the NBA gives just a Finals MVP. and if Golden State wins game 6 no Lebron does not deserve it over Thompson.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    edited June 2016
    pjhawks said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

it's happened 5x in the NHL but the Conn Smythe is for the whole playoffs and the NBA gives just a Finals MVP. and if Golden State wins game 6 no Lebron does not deserve it over Thompson.
    It has happened once in the NBA. Ironically, the very first year an NBA Finals MVP was awarded was 1969 when Bill Russell's Celtics beat the Lakers. The Finals MVP (which is now named after Russell) was given to Jerry West.

Also, Chuck Howley of the Cowboys won MVP of Super Bowl V despite losing to the Colts, and Bobby Richardson of the Yankees won the 1960 World Series MVP (lost to the Pirates).
  • Options

pjhawks said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

It has happened once in the NBA. Ironically, the very first year an NBA Finals MVP was awarded was 1969 when Bill Russell's Celtics beat the Lakers. The Finals MVP (which is now named after Russell) was given to Jerry West.

Also, Chuck Howley of the Cowboys won MVP of Super Bowl V despite losing to the Colts, and Bobby Richardson of the Yankees won the 1960 World Series MVP (lost to the Pirates).
    Nice... yous some smart motherfuckers.
  • Options
    Has it happened since Hextall?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

pjhawks said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Nice... yous some smart motherfuckers.
    Hehe, I knew West & Howley. Had to research MLB; I knew it had happened just not who or when or how many times.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

yes JS Giguere for the Ducks in 2003. and the Flyers have had 2 of the 5. Hextall in 1987 and Reggie Leach in 1976
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Why should Thompson get it if LeBron is beating him in every statistical category?

Well, except wins.....
  • Options
    Steph was a pouty ass last night. the MVP has not looked very MVPish in these playoffs.

Go Cavs.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

mrussel1 said:

yes JS Giguere for the Ducks in 2003. and the Flyers have had 2 of the 5. Hextall in 1987 and Reggie Leach in 1976
    Nice. I had forgotten about that Ducks team. Lost to the fuckin' Devils in 7. I really hated the Devils back then with that left wing lock. Killed the game. Thank God they opened up the two line pass.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

mrussel1 said:

And Leach is the only forward to win it in a losing effort. The other 4 have all been netminders.
  • Options
    And while I can't stand Lebron, he should get Finals MVP regardless of who wins.
  • Options

pjhawks said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Why should Thompson get it if LeBron is beating him in every statistical category?

Well, except wins.....
    Well i think for a losing player to get it that player has to stand on his head so far and above every other player and also take his team to an unexpected level. I don't think Lebron has done that this series. Frankly I don't think Lebron has been all the great this series. Was fantastic last night but overall in this series has been just ok to me. he is averaging 5 turnovers a game which includes only 2 last night. He had 2 games with 7 turnovers and was bad in games 1 and 2. Those types of numbers are not good enough for a player on a losing team to win Finals MVP in my opinion.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,487

And while I can't stand Lebron, he should get Finals MVP regardless of who wins.

Everyone thought he should have won it last year.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,487
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Well, except wins.....
    Well i think for a losing player to get it that player has to stand on his head so far and above every other player and also take his team to an unexpected level. I don't think Lebron has done that this series. Frankly I don't think Lebron has been all the great this series. Was fantastic last night but overall in this series has been just ok to me. he is averaging 5 turnovers a game which includes only 2 last night. He had 2 games with 7 turnovers and was bad in games 1 and 2. Those types of numbers are not good enough for a player on a losing team to win Finals MVP in my opinion.
    He almost had a triple double in game 1. Almost had one in 3 of the 4 games. If he had help. Those numbers look even better
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    LBJ's turnovers have been tough this series. It's like he is just losing the dribble.

I don't think a losing player should get it personally. But I do think he had been the best player on the floor game in and out. Certainly better than Curry.