Options

*** Bonnaroo Setlist Thread***

Comments

• Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    THIS IS PURE CHAOS!!!!!!:eek:!!!!!!!
    *explodes into a million pieces*

Huh? I've never said that girlie. :p You must be thinking of Hold On/Other Side. ;) BUT STILL!! They played ALL NIGHT FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!??! WTF?!?!? And WMA!? THE WHOLE SONG! NOOO! The WHOLE thing!?! REIGN OER ME!???!!!!!! YOU OPEN THE SHOW WITH HARD TO IMAGINE??? I CANT EVEN DEAL WITH THIS SHIT! THIS BAND IS CRAZY! YES IT IS VERY NECESSARY TO YELL ALL OVER THE PLACE RIGHT NOW!!! Ahhhh!!!@#$%

So apparently this is the "lets do shit we havent done in like 10+ years" tour. Like an ENTIRE tour of this insanity!? WTF??!!!

We're gonna need shirts! "I survived PJ 2008" Its that serious!

I cannot even begin to imagine what the hell is about to happen at MSG!!!!??
    I keep having to remind myself that this is only the beginning. THIS??
    :eek:
    Omg, Lyd! This is totally insane. I hear ya, buddy.
    Seriously, can this band get any better and crazier??? I guess they can! :D

I won't even imagine what might(and most probably happen) later in the tour, let alone MSG and Boston! Oh wow. I just know you guys are in it for a treat. Or a few treats. haha

And and, Liam was there, with all the people. I'm so happy for all our friends and fans who were at this show, and happy for Liam esp cause he isn't doing too many shows this time around.
    We are so lucky and blessed to be the fans of this amazing band!
    I'm gonna explode too! Aah

I
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    tdub wrote:
    Do my best to keep this updated with the information I get :D

Main Set: Hard to Imagine, Corduroy, ALL NIGHT!!, Why Go, Small Town, Down, Who You Are, Severed Hand, Half Full, Evenflow, Daughter/Blitzkrieg Pop, Gone, Reign O'er Me, Evolution, RVM
    Set 2: WMA!!!, Betterman/Save It For Later, Black, Life Wasted, Crazy Mary, Porch
    Set 3: No More, Release, Alive, All Along the Watchtower,

Rolling out - last song I have is Watchtower. Someone please copy/paste to a new thread and update accordingly.

Lots of rumor bugs - so this may not be 100% accurate. I'm going from the only known relaying source. If any of this is confirmed incorrect, please start a new thread tomorrow - as I'll be heading to Columbia, SC.

now that is a fucking festival setlist!!!!
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Awww Syd he was there?!?! :D Yay!!! I didnt know that!! I know I'm so happy for him and all the other lucky ones. I feel happy and violent all at once. haha. Seriously
    though! This is a FESTIVAL set?? :eek: hahaha. INSANITY!! And RELEASE that late in the set??? Are you kidding me!?! I can so see the crowd just standing there confused as fuck. LOL!!! That is MADNESS! MADNESS ALL AROUND!

I think the boys definitely wanted to give the south some extra, extra lovin though. Which really is so beautiful. That combined with the fact that this tour is complete chaos...and there's the Bonnaroo set. :p

haha and thanks RipitLikePujols.;) I'm just flippin the hell out like everyone else here! I cant help it. Reading along to this thread has had me laughing into tears too. The responses are classic. The entire thread starts out all normal, everyone all normally excited...then shit just EXPLODES!!!!! Everyone starts going INSANE along with the actual setlist itself! HAHAHHAHA! Absolutely CLASSIC! :D God I love us!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Awww Syd he was there?!?! :D Yay!!! I didnt know that!! I know I'm so happy for him and all the other lucky ones. I feel happy and violent all at once.
    God I love us!
    Yes, yes!!! I feel it all! Even though Im many many miles away.
    Im so happy :)

And I love us too :o

LOVE your sig update: Overstimulation tour 2008. haha
    Totally!
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    If they don't release this as an official boot I'll be pissed.

Ditto
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    Just as we think we've got PJ figured out, they come back and suprise us with this. Have to say pretty funny, all those who dissed festivals and going to the Roo must be pretty gutted seeing this set list. Unbelievable set list and great to see PJ pulling out some suprises.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    Dan1984 wrote:
    Isn't this show going to be available for either download or CD?

Everyone keeps saying no but I wish I knew why.
  • Options
    E.BloomE.Bloom Posts: 188
    That`s one hell of a set-list:D Hope they release the boot
    we were but stones,your light made us stars

Dublin 06
    London 07
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    Gnarly!
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    tdub wrote:
    Do my best to keep this updated with the information I get :D

Main Set: Hard to Imagine, Corduroy, ALL NIGHT!!, Why Go, Small Town, Down, Who You Are, Severed Hand, Half Full, Evenflow, Daughter/Blitzkrieg Pop, Gone, Reign O'er Me, Evolution, RVM
    Set 2: WMA!!!, Betterman/Save It For Later, Black, Life Wasted, Crazy Mary, Porch
    Set 3: No More, Release, Alive, All Along the Watchtower,

Rolling out - last song I have is Watchtower. Someone please copy/paste to a new thread and update accordingly.

Lots of rumor bugs - so this may not be 100% accurate. I'm going from the only known relaying source. If any of this is confirmed incorrect, please start a new thread tomorrow - as I'll be heading to Columbia, SC.

:eek: holy shit that looks like a awesome show
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    EmberEmber Posts: 2
    3 Hour set!
    Bigger and better crowd than Mettalica!

http://www.optimum.net/News/AP/Article?articleId=427768
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    Ember wrote:
    3 Hour set!

My son woke me up saying he saw a headline on his Wii news.

(It was the headline of that ^^^ article.) :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    WMA! Some more Rats would be good. That reminds me, I need to find an 06 boot with Rats on it. Damn it.
    For Rent
  • Options
    Ember wrote:
    3 Hour set!

To be honest, I think they decided to trump all artists and shows and give the best show out of everyone. Only the best can be the best!! And PJ has the best fans too!!
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    [size=+1]Someone needs to put "All Night" up on Youtube!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]:eek:

[size=-2](Please?)[/size]:o
    :D:)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    wow....just....wow.
    lolla was a great time last year, but why the eff didn't they play a set like this?! really wish i was there last night!!!
  • Options
    jamthatjamthat Posts: 11
    that's the most magnificent setlist i've ever seen. sometimes i think it's hard to enjoy such a setlist in a festival setting though. i don't even remember lolla last year because i was just trying to stay on my feet and not be run over by big guys who were crowdsurfing.
    i mean are you going to liberate us girls from the male, white, corporate oppression??
  • Options
    swedeswede Posts: 558
    hoobot24 wrote:
    why are some of you saying this means columbia is gonna have a crappy greatest hits setlist? all the setlists have been great so far on this tour (especially roo obviously), why would it be columbia that's so different??

a greatest hits setlist isnt crappy in my opinion, they are great songs

and why whine before anything has even happened, ur going to a show, ur lucky to be going to a show, dont complain
  • Options
    I just got back from the show a few hours ago and damn that setlist shocked the hell out me! That was my first PJ show I have ever seen and like many of you I was expecting a greatest hits/standard setlist. My god that setlist was awesome. Not only was the setlist great, but the band was pretty damn tight and Ed was full of energy. Great show. All night and WMA sounded so good. Especially All Night, Ed shined on that one.
    My first PJ show to witness was at Bonnaroo. How is that for lucky?
  • Options
    Spot In The SkySpot In The Sky Posts: 1,175
    Legen......wait for it....DARY!
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    looks like a good one
    was it the full WMA? Damn.
    My guess is this will be an itunes download-just like lolla.
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    lbc72 wrote:
    You got to be shiting me. When we got back to Indy on Friday after the two Florida shows, Hendrix's "Watchtower" was on the radio. I turned to my wife and said that PJ should cover this show. If anything just to hear Ed say "come and dig my herb".

PJ playing this tune after our talk on Friday is just nuts!!!! Goes to show that this band will do anything you can dream up.:D

It has happened before you know? And Ed sang on the i'm not there soundtrack.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    LaFoursLaFours Posts: 42
    Not for nothin..but the line is actually "Plowmen dig my earth"
  • Options
    moegossardmoegossard Posts: 75
    Can someone post the whole setlist in the next post? the thread begins with a setlist that ends with watchtower. thanks.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    lbc72 wrote:
    You got to be shiting me. When we got back to Indy on Friday after the two Florida shows, Hendrix's "Watchtower" was on the radio. I turned to my wife and said that PJ should cover this show. If anything just to hear Ed say "come and dig my herb".

PJ playing this tune after our talk on Friday is just nuts!!!! Goes to show that this band will do anything you can dream up.:D

Bonnaroo wasn't the first time they had covered this song. They played it a couple times on on the '06 tour. I heard it at SF 3.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    moegossard wrote:
    Can someone post the whole setlist in the next post? the thread begins with a setlist that ends with watchtower. thanks.

That's because the show ended with Watchtower.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    I am CRUSHED that I decided not to go to bonnaroo.

Damn. I hope the setlists over the next few shows have a couple of the gems they played last night.
  • Options
    hoobot24hoobot24 Posts: 56
    swede wrote:
    a greatest hits setlist isnt crappy in my opinion, they are great songs

and why whine before anything has even happened, ur going to a show, ur lucky to be going to a show, dont complain

i said crappy set because that's what people are saying. i on the other hand would enjoy it even if they did play a greatest hits set. i'm not complaining, it was just getting me down because i'm already bummed i missed bonnaroo, but now people are also saying the only show i can make it to is gonna suck.
  • Options
    Dan1984Dan1984 Posts: 444
    Isn't this show going to be available for either download or CD?

EDIT: This show is now up in the goods section! Happy Father's Day to one and all!
    06/05/2003 - San Diego
    06/06/2003 - Las Vegas
    06/07/2003 - Phoenix
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Yeah but I think it has only been played as a daughter tag.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive