*** Bonnaroo Setlist Thread***

Comments

• Options
    Spoon201Spoon201 Posts: 19
    Do we have a confirmation on YL?
    6/12/08 Tampa
  • Options
    TheLostSoulTheLostSoul Posts: 773
    keep playing pj, keep playing... eventually ed will turn and say "what next?", and matt will say "ummm... smile?"
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    I can't believe PJ put on this set and all some people can bitch about is who in the crowd is chanting what. Please.

BTW is the show over?
  • Options
    erickvazdelerickvazdel Posts: 140
    Is it over or what ?

All along the watchtower was the end of the show ?
  • Options
    grooveamaticgrooveamatic Posts: 1,374
    Spoon201 wrote:
    Do we have a confirmation on YL?

No one has reported it yet.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,759
    I can't believe PJ put on this set and all some people can bitch about is who in the crowd is chanting what. Please.

BTW is the show over?

Oh, nobody's really bitching.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,948
    they cant let mmj outdo them....keep going.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    keep playing pj, keep playing... eventually ed will turn and say "what next?", and matt will say "ummm... smile?"

Yes, please play smile, please play smile, please play smile, please play smile, please play smile, please play smile, please play smile, please play smile, please play smile, please play smile, please play smile, please play smile, please play smile, please play smile, please play smile, please play smile, please play smile, please play smile, please play smile, please play smile,
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    I still say the idae of a crowd coming together to sing a song--any song--during an encore break is touching. I don't care if they're frat boy casual fans or not. And we should be happy there's still casual fans out there.

I kind of agreee with you..but chanting Alive just doesn't seem to jive with this setlist to me.
  • Options
    maybe theyre off and going to come on for a 3rd encore
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Watchtower as show closer would own.
  • Options
    So either:
    1) All Along the Watchtower finished this show
    2) Ledbetter was played and we didn't catch it
    3) Another encore break...?!
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • Options
    Spoon201Spoon201 Posts: 19
    My bad thought someone mentioned it a few posts up man I must be getting really tired.
    6/12/08 Tampa
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Krisdababe wrote:
    But at Lolla they had actually PLAYED Alive just before the chant was started...

I think some people are missing the point and are not understanding why the Alive chant got under our skin....
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    What'ya think, slight? Shall I take this punk down? I've been itching ever since I last left the Train ... Say the word.
    :)

You don't need my permission. Proceed.
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,605
    Add I Got Shit and Breath and it's complete
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,948
    Krisdababe wrote:
    I kind of agreee with you..but chanting Alive just doesn't seem to jive with this setlist to me.

this is a festival, people want to hear it. pearl jam is on stage playing a show, alive is one of their songs. it jives. enjoy!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,278
    I just came home from the bar

What the fuck happened tonight

This is some pretty heavy shit, I'll check this set list in the morning, I must of had too much to drink tonight
  • Options
    I still say the idae of a crowd coming together to sing a song--any song--during an encore break is touching. I don't care if they're frat boy casual fans or not. And we should be happy there's still casual fans out there.

I still say it's silly.

There's a reason it only happens at large festival shows.
  • Options
    TheLostSoulTheLostSoul Posts: 773
    oh come on, im all ready to cry and all that shit allready you pussies. play smile
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options

Thank you. Of ALL the songs in PJ's catalogue, this IMO, is the most powerful one for this kind of setting.

There's nothing wrong with chanting it, nothing at all.
  • Options
    doesn't someone here have a sister at the show? can't she shed some light on what's happening?
  • Options
    erickvazdelerickvazdel Posts: 140
    So either:
    1) All Along the Watchtower finished this show
    2) Ledbetter was played and we didn't catch it
    3) Another encore break...?!

I have no fucking idea ... but a third encore would be amazing !
  • Options
    NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    The Spin.com dude (hilariously referred to as the American Taliban) is my buddy Zack and he just called me and it did in fact just end with Watchtower. I think there was a Crazy Mary in there between Release and Watchtower. His mind is sufficiently blown as he's just seen his best show ever.
  • Options
    this is a festival, people want to hear it. pearl jam is on stage playing a show, alive is one of their songs. it jives. enjoy!

On a night like this, I would have been more impressed if the crowd had sung "Undone."

Seriously, you get all this rare shit, and all you can think to chant is Alive? It almost -- almost -- sounds ungrateful.

"Yeah, yeah, we don't know what the fuck all that was. Play Alive! We know that one!"
  • Options
    I still say it's silly.

There's a reason it only happens at large festival shows.

That's the nature of the festival. If PJ wasn't down with that vibe, I'd question why they continue to play them.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    is it over? I need to go to bed ..... I need official confirmation this is over though :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    NHiding wrote:
    The Spin.com dude (hilariously referred to as the American Taliban) is my buddy Zack and he just called me and it did in fact just end with Watchtower. I think there was a Crazy Mary in there between Release and Watchtower. His mind is sufficiently blown as he's just seen his best show ever.

Crazy Mary was played earlier, but if it's officially over (and what a way to end such a fucking brilliant set list!!! :D:D:D), then I'm out! Night all!
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • Options
    NHiding wrote:

I've been calling him the American Taliban. Please tell him not to take it personally (or seriously).

Apparently, I'm a giant douche ;)
  • Options
    On a night like this, I would have been more impressed if the crowd had sung "Undone."

Seriously, you get all this rare shit, and all you can think to chant is Alive? It almost -- almost -- sounds ungrateful.

"Yeah, yeah, we don't know what the fuck all that was. Play Alive! We know that one!"

wjats wrong with that ?its a festival 3/4 of the people arent there for PJ
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}