Options

IDIOT SPORTS FANS

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    No justification based on that video.  If someone doesn't fuck with your kid or wife....or threaten you, there is no spot for this and the asshole should be put in jail.  Behave like an animal, get treated like an animal.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    edited June 2022
    But Eagles fans threw snow balls at a drunk Santa Claus 60 years ago. They're the worst!
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    if there's one thing I despise more than fighting, it's cheap shots. such a chickenshit. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    MayDay10 said:
    lock him away and charge him with attempted manslaughter.

complete chickenshit move
    He got arrested & banned from Ranger games permanently! I agree he is a chicken shit asshole from Staten Island another dirt bag part of NY! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,865
    Any fan ready to throw a punch or taunt an opposing fan over a game should really watch the post-series handshakes. These are guys who've been trying to beat the crap out of each other for 4-7 games, and at the end, the losing team shakes the winners' hands and wishes them luck in the next round. I'd have to re-watch, but I'd guess Palat shook Trouba's hand and complimented him on a well-fought series, even after Trouba's attempted flying elbow to Palat's head.

What's really crazy is that this over-identifying with your chosen team is not just a US problem, as the international comments to the video on Twitter prove.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    not victim shaming in any way but when will people learn wearing the other team's jersey at a road game is a bad idea?  yea yea yea you should be able to but you are just putting a target on your back.  it's pretty dumb behavior in my opinion.

that being said people who fight at these games because another fan is wearing a jersey and/or cheering for the other team are complete losers.
    I wore a Trout jersey in Yankee Stadium recently.  As long as you don’t act like an asshole you’ll be fine.  I don’t get evolved with any banter w other fans.  I watch the game.
    I don't get the jersey wearing either home or away to be honest.  It's something that only started about 20-25 years ago.  What is the motivation for wearing a jersey to a road game?  Why advertise that you are an adversary of the home team?  I don't get the mindset.
    Because it’s only a game?
    exactly, it's only a game so why do you feel the need to dress like you are a player?   never understood the jersey aspect.  I have like t-shirts of my teams but never have and never will own a jersey.   Besides most jersey's aren't comfortable and the unless a once in a generation player the name on the back will no longer be on your team after a few years.  Only exception i will give you is hockey jersey's on women. that's a good look.

and I've gone to away games many times. mostly for college sports but some pro as well.  never felt the need to advertise i'm for the other team and always been very respectful of the home team and their fans. but i'm not an idiot so...
    So don't wear a jersey then.  It's that simple.  I want to.

If someone caught a Trout HR ball I'd want to see if I could get it off them.  Wearing my jersey may help that situation out.  

Trout is also known to run down the field before games and sign so I would have had him sign mine and on the wall it would have gone.
  • Options
    This was funny and so true.  No drinks for me at the games though.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,196
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    This is why retro jerseys exist. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    New Gotta Support the Team Memes  Arbys Sauce Memes Adweek Memes Are  Memes
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    I think that the major problem is too much alcohol consumption at games, even at the crazy prices for such.  And maybe Philly fans drink too much??  Just sayin… 🤔🤣
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    PP193448 said:
    I think that the major problem is too much alcohol consumption at games, even at the crazy prices for such.  And maybe Philly fans drink too much??  Just sayin… 🤔🤣
    Just a lil bit.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744
    Yep.  I just can't wear a jersey of someone younger than me and since I'm pushing 40, retro jerseys are just about my only option.  And the only time I ever wear a jersey anymore is when I go to a Bears game.  I feel like there's no age limit for a football jersey....it's always fun to wear a football jersey and act like a meathead!
  • Options
    Yep.  I just can't wear a jersey of someone younger than me and since I'm pushing 40, retro jerseys are just about my only option.  And the only time I ever wear a jersey anymore is when I go to a Bears game.  I feel like there's no age limit for a football jersey....it's always fun to wear a football jersey and act like a meathead!
    Contradict much, lol?

• Options
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    not victim shaming in any way but when will people learn wearing the other team's jersey at a road game is a bad idea?  yea yea yea you should be able to but you are just putting a target on your back.  it's pretty dumb behavior in my opinion.

that being said people who fight at these games because another fan is wearing a jersey and/or cheering for the other team are complete losers.
    I wore a Trout jersey in Yankee Stadium recently.  As long as you don’t act like an asshole you’ll be fine.  I don’t get evolved with any banter w other fans.  I watch the game.
    I don't get the jersey wearing either home or away to be honest.  It's something that only started about 20-25 years ago.  What is the motivation for wearing a jersey to a road game?  Why advertise that you are an adversary of the home team?  I don't get the mindset.
    exactly, it's only a game so why do you feel the need to dress like you are a player?   never understood the jersey aspect.  I have like t-shirts of my teams but never have and never will own a jersey.   Besides most jersey's aren't comfortable and the unless a once in a generation player the name on the back will no longer be on your team after a few years.  Only exception i will give you is hockey jersey's on women. that's a good look.

and I've gone to away games many times. mostly for college sports but some pro as well.  never felt the need to advertise i'm for the other team and always been very respectful of the home team and their fans. but i'm not an idiot so...

If someone caught a Trout HR ball I'd want to see if I could get it off them.  Wearing my jersey may help that situation out.  

Trout is also known to run down the field before games and sign so I would have had him sign mine and on the wall it would have gone.
    My favorite jersey wearers are the people who go to a game and wear a jersey of a team not playing in that particular game or even s different sport.  I also love the idiots who wear a baseball jersey over a tee shirt in the summer when it’s 90 and humid out.  Those people are complete idiots 
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

My favorite jersey wearers are the people who go to a game and wear a jersey of a team not playing in that particular game or even s different sport.  I also love the idiots who wear a baseball jersey over a tee shirt in the summer when it’s 90 and humid out.  Those people are complete idiots 
    Went to the Angels yanks and some tool wears a Mets jersey...  Go to a Mets/Reds game and saw a guy w a Bluejays  jersey.  Both wrong teams and leagues...  Yes, I notice them too.

I like he t shirt under the jersey.  I can open it up and wear it loose if I want.  Not sure on 90 degree days though?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    pjhawks said:

It is especially bad to wear an opposing jersey to a Dodger game.  A small/moderate portion of their fanbase are gang members who are just looking for trouble when they go to games.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I wear my padres jerseys still.  
    I can’t help it if I look cool. :sunglasses:
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    pjhawks said:

Not sure how this behavior is dumb. It's just a damn jersey. If I am traveling to see one of my favorite teams play on the road, I'll definitely wear their gear. Why? Because I'm a fan of that team, plan & simple. I don't feel that it's disrespectful at all. Those that get bent out of shape over something so small and start fights/heckle/harass are the ones that are being dumb and disrespectful.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    pjhawks said:

Not sure how this behavior is dumb. It's just a damn jersey. If I am traveling to see one of my favorite teams play on the road, I'll definitely wear their gear. Why? Because I'm a fan of that team, plan & simple. I don't feel that it's disrespectful at all. Those that get bent out of shape over something so small and start fights/heckle/harass are the ones that are being dumb and disrespectful.
    agreed. the jersey makes the person more visible, but if the person is wearing an old navy t shirt and cheering for the visiting team, it's still possible they'll get harrassed by drunk jerks around them. I know. I've seen it. 

"not victim shaming" then proceeds to blame the victim. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mfc2006 said:
    pjhawks said:

agreed. the jersey makes the person more visible, but if the person is wearing an old navy t shirt and cheering for the visiting team, it's still possible they'll get harrassed by drunk jerks around them. I know. I've seen it. 

you can be an idiot but still not to be to blame for what happens to you. 
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    mfc2006 said:
    pjhawks said:

you can be an idiot but still not to be to blame for what happens to you. 
    expecting people not to beat you up for the clothing you are wearing, I wouldn't classify as an idiot. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    edited June 2022
    I don’t wear jerseys, I’m 30 plus, give me a crisp pair of jeans, button ups
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    I can’t believe people care that much about what someone wears to a sporting event or anywhere else for that matter. 

Are PJ fans going to rough up a fan who shows up to a PJ show in a Motley Crüe or Sixx AM shirt? My gawd, why do people care.

I went to a Flames game about 10 years ago wearing a Ryan Kesler jersey and some drunk middle-aged white-collar tough guy in the lower bowl sitting behind me was mouthing off at me all game. After the game, he wanted to go. His poor wife was so embarrassed… I just kept my cool and stayed prepared for the cheap shot attempt. In the end, he was all talk. 

If you give a shit what someone else wears to a sporting event or anywhere else, you are no better than that guy. 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I can’t believe people care that much about what someone wears to a sporting event or anywhere else for that matter. 

Are PJ fans going to rough up a fan who shows up to a PJ show in a Motley Crüe or Sixx AM shirt? My gawd, why do people care.

I went to a Flames game about 10 years ago wearing a Ryan Kesler jersey and some drunk middle-aged white-collar tough guy in the lower bowl sitting behind me was mouthing off at me all game. After the game, he wanted to go. His poor wife was so embarrassed… I just kept my cool and stayed prepared for the cheap shot attempt. In the end, he was all talk. 

If you give a shit what someone else wears to a sporting event or anywhere else, you are no better than that guy. 
    Well said my man.  I’d feel pretty weird to be commenting on something another person is wearing lol
  • Options

Your story proves my point.  It’s not about you thinking it’s a good idea or not.  It’s that there is always one asshole that doesn’t think it’s a good idea and by wearing it you are poking the bear.  It shouldn’t be this way but it is.  
  • Options
    You aren’t poking the bear. You’re minding your own business and someone decides to be a douche. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    pjhawks said:

Your story proves my point.  It’s not about you thinking it’s a good idea or not.  It’s that there is always one asshole that doesn’t think it’s a good idea and by wearing it you are poking the bear.  It shouldn’t be this way but it is.  
    Proves nothing. You got this all twisted. Making ANY excuses for that behaviour makes you complicit. 
  • Options

I always wanted to wear an NRA shirt to a PJ show to see if people would get crazy or not...