Options

IDIOT SPORTS FANS

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623
    Damn that is ugly.  Wonder how drunk the guy was who just sat there and waited for that long wind up to get knocked out.  How in the hell don't you move?  
    Hope he was ok.
    someone on twitter asked the Denver PD why they hadn't arrested the guy, or if they had, and they actually responded saying "no charges have been filed, victim declined to press charges". 

it's so odd to me how in the states someone doesn't get charged if the victim says they don't want them to be. here there's no choice. you commit assault, you get charged, victim's opinion be damned. 

Seems pretty simple.  This is an assault. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    Damn that is ugly.  Wonder how drunk the guy was who just sat there and waited for that long wind up to get knocked out.  How in the hell don't you move?  
    Hope he was ok.
    someone on twitter asked the Denver PD why they hadn't arrested the guy, or if they had, and they actually responded saying "no charges have been filed, victim declined to press charges". 

it's so odd to me how in the states someone doesn't get charged if the victim says they don't want them to be. here there's no choice. you commit assault, you get charged, victim's opinion be damned. 

i agree. why the victim has to say "charge him" or he doesn't get charged is bizarre to me. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Hope he was ok.

i agree. why the victim has to say "charge him" or he doesn't get charged is bizarre to me. 
    The victim probably just feels like the offender had a "bad day."
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    dankind said:
    Hope he was ok.

The victim probably just feels like the offender had a "bad day."
    Or he was getting a rash of shit from him?
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,430
    These DODGERS FANS are WAY OUT OF CONTROL. Literally travelling around the country assaulting fans in their home ballparks. And in front of crying toddlers. #FFS

https://abc13.com/dodgers-astros-fight-minute-maid-park-trevor-baeur-carlos-correa/10702280/
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    So you had this and the jerk that spit at Trae Young.

Why, as a fan, would you think that this is ok?  Would you do this to them if you saw them in the street?  You might not have someone around to stop them whooping your ass if you did.
  • Options

Why, as a fan, would you think that this is ok?  Would you do this to them if you saw them in the street?  You might not have someone around to stop them whooping your ass if you did.

Yeah I just heard about the spitting incident, WTF???? Both are bad, but this one is worse.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,428

• Options
    cutz said:

Dude is lucky that 50 cents girl didn't notice or he would be getting some reconstructive surgery.

Why, oh why do we think this is ok?

These aren't cheap seats either.  WTF?!?
  • Options
    ^^Yeah, 50 Cent might've fucked him up right there^^
  • Options
    https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/2178372

Morant's father says banned Jazz fans made racist, vulgar remarks
    20h ago
    Melissa Majchrzak / National Basketball Association / Getty
    SALT LAKE CITY UT - MAY 26 Utah Jazz fans cheer during Round 1 Game 2 of the 2021 NBA Playoffs on May 26 2021 at vivintSmartHome Arena in Salt Lake City Utah Mandatory Copyright Notice Copyright 2021 NBAE

Warning: Story contains coarse language

The father of Memphis Grizzlies star Ja Morant says the three Utah Jazz fans that the team banned on Thursday directed racist and vulgar comments at his family during Wednesday's Game 2 in Salt Lake City.

"The Utah Jazz have zero tolerance for offensive or disruptive behavior," a team statement acquired by The New York Times' Marc Stein read.

"An incident occurred last night involving a verbal altercation," the statement continued. "Arena security staff intervened, and the investigation resulted in the removal and banning of three Jazz fans indefinitely."

The three fans were ejected for directing racist and vulgar remarks towards Morant's family, according to ESPN's Tim MacMahon.

"I know heckling," Tee Morant, Ja's father, told MacMahon. "We were doing that the whole game. But that's different than heckling. That's straight-up disrespectful. That was too far out of line. You don't say nothing like that heckling. That's beyond heckling."

Tee Morant also said that a fan made a sexually charged comment at his wife, Jamie, and another said, "I'll put a nickel in your back and watch you dance, boy." Another fan shouted, "Shut the f--- up, b----," according to Morant.

"My family should be able (to) cheer for me & my teammates without getting inappropriate shit said to them," Ja tweeted on Thursday.

"We apologize to all who were impacted by this unfortunate incident and condemn unacceptable fan behavior," the Jazz's statement added. The team did not expand on the incident with further details.

Incidents involving fans marred all three of Wednesday's first-round playoff matchups.

The Philadelphia 76ers banned a fan indefinitely for pouring popcorn on Washington Wizards star Russell Westbrook, and the New York Knicks followed suit with the same punishment for a fan who spit on Atlanta Hawks guard Trae Young.

Wizards All-Star Bradley Beal also claimed to have heard something "crazy" from a Sixers fan seated near his family during Washington's 120-95 Game 2 loss in Philly.

Also on Thursday, a Utah judge tossed out a $100-million lawsuit filed against Westbrook and the Jazz on behalf of two supporters banned from Utah's games in March 2019 for taunts directed at Westbrook. The suit from Jazz fans Shane Keisel and Jennifer Huff alleged defamation and the infliction of emotional stress, court documents said, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,463
    These DODGERS FANS are WAY OUT OF CONTROL. Literally travelling around the country assaulting fans in their home ballparks. And in front of crying toddlers. #FFS

https://abc13.com/dodgers-astros-fight-minute-maid-park-trevor-baeur-carlos-correa/10702280/

should come as no surprise. they have long been douchebag “fans.”
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    holy shit that's crazy. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=31544451

People really are getting dumber.

Kudos to the security guard that stopped dude and made him go viral for a completely different reason.

For the record I did jump on the field in 89 at the Army Navy game.  Everyone was doing it so I did and my friends did it reluctantly, lol.
  • Options
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Thats why i only do suites now if i even go to a game.  Low class people.  

• Options
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    lock him away and charge him with attempted manslaughter.

complete chickenshit move
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,503
    I have pretty much stopped going to sporting events anymore. This seems to happen all the time, and it is just not worth it. Last year we went to a 49ers game in Cincinnati and had an altercation break out in the 2 seats next to us. Luckily one of the participants kept their cool and went to go get security before it got completely out of hand and turned physical. 
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,196
    not victim shaming in any way but when will people learn wearing the other team's jersey at a road game is a bad idea?  yea yea yea you should be able to but you are just putting a target on your back.  it's pretty dumb behavior in my opinion.

that being said people who fight at these games because another fan is wearing a jersey and/or cheering for the other team are complete losers.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    pjhawks said:
    not victim shaming in any way but when will people learn wearing the other team's jersey at a road game is a bad idea?  yea yea yea you should be able to but you are just putting a target on your back.  it's pretty dumb behavior in my opinion.

that being said people who fight at these games because another fan is wearing a jersey and/or cheering for the other team are complete losers.
    There are certain places.  Most Northeast locations for sure as well as maybe Dodgers/LA partially.  It is a risk.  If you do go, you need to tread carefully.  If your team wins in a pivotal Conference Final game at the end, don't boast and make a show of it.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

I wore a Trout jersey in Yankee Stadium recently.  As long as you don’t act like an asshole you’ll be fine.  I don’t get evolved with any banter w other fans.  I watch the game.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

I wore a Trout jersey in Yankee Stadium recently.  As long as you don’t act like an asshole you’ll be fine.  I don’t get evolved with any banter w other fans.  I watch the game.
    I don't get the jersey wearing either home or away to be honest.  It's something that only started about 20-25 years ago.  What is the motivation for wearing a jersey to a road game?  Why advertise that you are an adversary of the home team?  I don't get the mindset.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

I don't get the jersey wearing either home or away to be honest.  It's something that only started about 20-25 years ago.  What is the motivation for wearing a jersey to a road game?  Why advertise that you are an adversary of the home team?  I don't get the mindset.
    Because it’s only a game?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Because it’s only a game?
    exactly, it's only a game so why do you feel the need to dress like you are a player?   never understood the jersey aspect.  I have like t-shirts of my teams but never have and never will own a jersey.   Besides most jersey's aren't comfortable and the unless a once in a generation player the name on the back will no longer be on your team after a few years.  Only exception i will give you is hockey jersey's on women. that's a good look.

and I've gone to away games many times. mostly for college sports but some pro as well.  never felt the need to advertise i'm for the other team and always been very respectful of the home team and their fans. but i'm not an idiot so...
    Post edited by pjhawks on