Options

10 CLUB...SHIPPING IS BEYOND FUCKED!!

Comments

• Options
    I am ten minutes down the road from Auburn Wa. My record has been in the mail for over a week. Can we get a "Pick Up" option on shipping. I would love to drive ten minutes for my stuff!
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I found this website today. Makes following "the tour" a bit more fun :lol:

http://www.packagemapping.com/

This is the movement of my Vault #3 during the last couple of days:
    map_zps28f65e13.jpg

I'm close to Detroit. :lol::lol::lol: :fp:
  • Options
    gumby812gumby812 ABQ Posts: 53
    I just kinda want to throw this out there... In the last few years the USPS has closed a ton of hubs. My town was once a hub and it is no longer. THis simply means that if I were to send a letter across town it has to 60 miles and back before it can get to were it's going. So, my Vault #3 has circled me the last few days. Yes, this is annoying, but it is one of those sleeper government issues you don't see until after they do it. What this really means is people have lost their jobs AND mail takes longer. Don't worry go back to sleep it will be all fine.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,648
    The issue is that LB was advertised as showing up on Oct. 15. Thats why i bought it from here and not anywhere else. Amazon is the only other place ive seen guaranteeing release day delivery. I hope 10club can ship a different speed for this.
  • Options
    I'm not angry or pissed, it's all good. I'm having my little fun with the trip that my lps are on ;) I know there is worse problems than not receiving a record in time ...

And yeah, I also ordered LB here because I thought it might show up before or at the date of the release. A little communication on why tenclub chose this new shipping system and what the benefits of it are would have been interesting and a nice gesture :)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,654
    gumby812 wrote:
    I just kinda want to throw this out there... In the last few years the USPS has closed a ton of hubs. My town was once a hub and it is no longer. THis simply means that if I were to send a letter across town it has to 60 miles and back before it can get to were it's going. So, my Vault #3 has circled me the last few days. Yes, this is annoying, but it is one of those sleeper government issues you don't see until after they do it. What this really means is people have lost their jobs AND mail takes longer. Don't worry go back to sleep it will be all fine.
    I don't see that there is any other option for USPS though. They are bringing in WAY less money because people don't mail or ship things with USPS anywhere near as much as they used to because there are more options and more competition. So with bless money and less customers, the only choice they had was to close hubs and reduce staff. Just the way of the changing world.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJCubsPJCubs Posts: 291
    I live in Chicago...My Vault #3 Vinyl has gone from Washington to Ohio and is now at a local post office in Cincy.

I emailed 10C with the info to recieve the following reply :

:::read in your best Obi-wan voice:::

"Nothing to be concerned about at this point. Tracking does not always update properly. Please allow time for the order to arrive.
    10c"

These arent the droids you're looking for....
    Soldier Field - 7.11.95
    Chicago - 5.16.06
    Chicago - 8.24.09
    Eddie Vedder @ Chicago Theatre - 6.28.11
    PJ20 - 9.3.11
    Wrigley Field - 7.19 / Pittsburgh - 10.10 / Buffalo - 10.11
    Philadelphia 2 - 10.22 / Portland - 11.29 / Spokane - 11.30
    Amsterdam - 6.16 & 6.17 / Milan - 6.20
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    freaked out myself....but, it will get there. really.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    While all you fans are waiting for your copy of LB to come in the mail, I'll drive to the local store and buy it lol
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    While all you fans are waiting for your copy of LB to come in the mail, I'll drive to the local store and buy it lol
    yeah I got a Target 2 blocks from my house :D
  • Options
    RK268484 wrote:
    I live in Chicago...My Vault #3 Vinyl has gone from Washington to Ohio and is now at a local post office in Cincy.

I emailed 10C with the info to recieve the following reply :

:::read in your best Obi-wan voice:::

"Nothing to be concerned about at this point. Tracking does not always update properly. Please allow time for the order to arrive.
    10c"

These arent the droids you're looking for....

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    I may end up with two copies of LB, but nothing wrong with that! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    I am aware that the shipping path is in no way dictated by 10C, and I find the path the USPS chooses to take hilarious...

Auburn, WA
    Urbancrest, OH
    Cincinnati, OH
    Warrendale, PA
    Cincinnati, OH
    Des Moines, IA
    Forest Park, IL

Going to Cinci twice? What the hell? :fp: :fp:

On a side note, this fucked up path allowed my vinyl to not be delivered during rain storms while we were out of town.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,776
    1.Auburn WA - 28 miles from my place
    2.Fontana CA - 1189 miles from my place
    3.Los Angeles CA - 1143 miles from my place
    4.Phoenix AZ - 1393 miles from my place
    5.Bell Gardens CA - 1154 miles from my place
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    It's the same reason why you might have to fly from Los Angeles to Phoenix and wait at Sky Harbor for 90 minutes... to get to San Diego.
    Since Pearl Jam does not have it's own shipping and delivery system, they have to depend on how UPS, FedEx or the Postal Service dispatch their packages... just like you and me do.

voice of reason.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    teemanteeman Posts: 337
    Cosmo wrote:
    It's the same reason why you might have to fly from Los Angeles to Phoenix and wait at Sky Harbor for 90 minutes... to get to San Diego.
    Since Pearl Jam does not have it's own shipping and delivery system, they have to depend on how UPS, FedEx or the Postal Service dispatch their packages... just like you and me do.

voice of reason.

Presumably you'd save a little money for taking connecting flights, not pay more than a direct flight!
  • Options
    bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    My order was shipped on October 4 at 8:36 am. I live near Los Angeles. Do you think I'll get my cd in the next few days?
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,952
    So new album is out in 7 days and my 10c order is still in the warehouse - a warehouse in Seattle? - and needs to get to me in the UK...how late do we think this thing is gonna be?
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    PH20PH20 Posts: 466
    I am aware that the shipping path is in no way dictated by 10C, and I find the path the USPS chooses to take hilarious...

Auburn, WA
    Urbancrest, OH
    Cincinnati, OH
    Warrendale, PA
    Cincinnati, OH
    Des Moines, IA
    Forest Park, IL

Going to Cinci twice? What the hell? :fp: :fp:

On a side note, this fucked up path allowed my vinyl to not be delivered during rain storms while we were out of town.

Mine must be hanging out with yours. Exact same route.

I usually get mail in 1-2 days from Forest Park, IL. Hopefully, it shows up by tomorrow.
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • Options
    Got mine today :mrgreen: Beautiful record set! Now hubs is home and it will get its first spin soon ....
  • Options
    PH20PH20 Posts: 466
    Out for delivery today!

Hopefully my LB vinyl will make it by this time next month.
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Mine is finally out for delivery today too. Hilarious that it came within miles of my home the day before expected delivery date (Oct 2) then shot to another state, hung out there for a while then my state for literally FOUR more days before reaching me 6 days late...It's not 10C's fault but I definitely blame the service they're using. I would love to hear them explain how this model works and the rationale behind it...
  • Options
    OP and naysayers lack life perspective.

More importantly, shipping was AWESOME. Take a couple extra days? Maybe. But packaging was best I've seen for an LP and I've had MANY LPs shipped in last 20 years. Easy tracking, too. Thanks, 10c.
  • Options

More importantly, shipping was AWESOME. Take a couple extra days? Maybe. But packaging was best I've seen for an LP and I've had MANY LPs shipped in last 20 years. Easy tracking, too. Thanks, 10c.

Packaging? Really? Just so you're aware; "extra days" is the very essence of shipping. Screw that up and you've screwed up shipping. Wtf does packaging have to do with anything? Asking, "where is my package and why is it traveling all over the country?" is not naysaying and has zero to do with "life perspective."

What a ridiculous post.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413

I agree, they did go above and beyond when packing for shipment, but they really didn't have much of a choice, given the circumstances of the release. A few small gripes for the length of time to receive is easily better than the lunatic rants we'd see if one of these was damaged during shipping and couldn't be replaced.

A couple extra days would be 2 or 3. This thing took a week or so longer than it could have with a different shipping method. Bigger bummer for me is that they are using the same method to ship LB and I haven't gotten my shipping notice yet.
  • Options
    I was talking a bit to my mail man and he said it's UPS's fault. They would probably have said the same :lol: But I think the problem with this service is that both companies are not working together in a proper and efficient manner. What I learned is that I will never use Mail Innovations to send anything anywhere.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Anyone get any updates recently if their lightning bolt CD's have shipped?
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    OttOtt Posts: 403
    I guess they forgot to keep an eye on their own countdown. It'd be nice to have some sort of info on the delay. I know, 1st world problems and all, but don't say you will ship on time, update vaguely last week, and disappear. What gives? I've got a date with my record player and a bottle or two. I just want to know when to be ready dammit.
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • Options
    Has anyone in Portland OR got theirs yet? Mine was supposed to arrive yesterday but it went back to Washington instead. I'm not pissed, just anxious as hell to get this thing playing.

Oct 7th FEDERAL WAY, WA, United States
    PHOENIX, AZ, United States
    LOS ANGELES, CA, United States
    Fontana, CA, United States
    Auburn, WA, United States
    Auburn, WA, United States
    Sep 30th Auburn, WA, United States
  • Options
    I was talking a bit to my mail man and he said it's UPS's fault. They would probably have said the same :lol: But I think the problem with this service is that both companies are not working together in a proper and efficient manner. What I learned is that I will never use Mail Innovations to send anything anywhere.

Exactly. The service is dreadful but it's not 10C's fault. I called UPS and they told me based on the information they had, calling the local post office wouldn't be helpful and suggested I contact the shipper. I gave 10C a call and they weren't even aware of the delays or what was going on. The woman on the line was super nice as they always are. It just seems like Mail Innovations is a fucked up service and the more 10C is made aware of it, the less headaches they'll have with people complaining about future delays.