Options

Vault #3: The Incredible Journey

Comments

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Mail Innovations? What's new about snail mail? :P
    I'm joking, I'll be happy when it arrives safely, but seriously I have gotten packages to Germany faster than this ...

But mine's supposed to be delivered tomorrow! Get on your heels, UPS!

Mail Innovations is a team-up of the USPS and UPS.

UPS picks up the shipment from 10c, sorts and loads packages going to the same area on a truck, delivers them to the regional post office, then the post office will deliver the package to the consumer.

So when your package says is was 'delivered' it was delivered to your local USPS sorting center, it will be another day or 2 before you really get it.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    MdeanseattleMdeanseattle West Seattle Posts: 63
    This is painful to watch on Tracking . My Vinyl was sitting in Auburn Wa for 2 days .thats 3 miles south a me. Now on tracking it has gone to California ? I contacted mail innovations and they claim it's was shipped to the correct postal code region. Everything is correct on my ten club account. Any ideas on how to fix this before it's returned to the ten club as undilverable ?
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,172
    WTF

Mine went from Auburn,WA to Logan Township,NJ to Springfield, MA and I live on LI,NY....WTF.

I practically smelt the vinyl, now its in MASS....Just like Media Mail, was expecting it today :evil:
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    WTF

Mine went from Auburn,WA to Logan Township,NJ to Springfield, MA and I live on LI,NY....WTF.

I practically smelt the vinyl, now its in MASS....Just like Media Mail, was expecting it today :evil:

UPS Mail Innovations is the worst- so slow. Mine is just sitting in MD. That is why I hope the LB pre-orders ship today or tomorrow. May be the only way they arrive by the 15th.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Yeah, the routes they're taking these is pretty wild. Mine started in Auburn, WA, went to Ohio, then to PA, all to end up in IL. My PO is pretty good about getting stuff in and out, but jeebus, it's taking much longer than I'm used to.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,172
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    WTF

UPS Mail Innovations is the worst- so slow. Mine is just sitting in MD. That is why I hope the LB pre-orders ship today or tomorrow. May be the only way they arrive by the 15th.

I picked out the scotch I wanted to have with my record while I watch football tonight and listen to a badass record.....now I'm stuck with bad commentary
  • Options
    sgtppr67sgtppr67 Posts: 241
    it is taking crazy turns because the USPS had to close down a large number of sorting offices, now we are at the mercy of their rerouting to the nearest one from where UPS dropped them off. mine has gone from WA->OH->PA->hopefully IL soon.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Wohoo, mine is at least in Michigan now :) Maybe I'll be lucky and get it before the weekend? :corn:

RKCNDY wrote:
    Mail Innovations is a team-up of the USPS and UPS.

UPS picks up the shipment from 10c, sorts and loads packages going to the same area on a truck, delivers them to the regional post office, then the post office will deliver the package to the consumer.

So when your package says is was 'delivered' it was delivered to your local USPS sorting center, it will be another day or 2 before you really get it.

aaah :thumbup: Thanks for the info, I didn't know that... Still, I might be lucky and get it by Saturday. Would be cool. :shifty:
  • Options
    This is painful to watch on Tracking . My Vinyl was sitting in Auburn Wa for 2 days .thats 3 miles south a me. Now on tracking it has gone to California ? I contacted mail innovations and they claim it's was shipped to the correct postal code region. Everything is correct on my ten club account. Any ideas on how to fix this before it's returned to the ten club as undilverable ?

Don't worry. That's how Mail Innovations works unfortunately. I live in Portland and mine too went from Auburn, WA to California. Now it will get placed in the mail, and we'll get it early next week since media mail will take a few days. I've had other items ship that way just to go right past me to some other location far off before I actually get it.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    my arrival date was today (10/3/13)...alas, no vinyl in todays mail :evil:
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    pjradio wrote:

that just means you will have an awesome Friday/weekend.. keep your chin up! :D
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    edited October 2013
    Nami wrote:
    pjradio wrote:

that just means you will have an awesome Friday/weekend.. keep your chin up! :D

great way to look at it...chin is now up! tumblr_mnz294jSxF1qgubcyo1_400.gif
    Post edited by pjradio on
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    My projected delivery date is today too. The mailman has already been here for the regular stuff, but sometimes another guy comes for packages later on, so I'm still a little hopeful :)
  • Options
    Frankie79Frankie79 Cornwall, UK Posts: 203
    I saw the post van drive down my road earlier but unfortunately it didnt stop. Really had my hopes up but not today.
    Hyde Park 25/06/10
    MEN Arena 20-21/06/12
    Leeds 08/07/14
    Milton Keynes 11/07/14
    Mexico City 28/11/15
    EV London 6-7/6/17
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Wasn't this parterniship with UPS supposed to reduce the carbon footprint? Why are most of these orders going hundreds of miles out of the way? That seems like a waste of money, fuel & time. Mine, too, is in CA and I live in the Portland area. :roll: Funny how I can get vinyl from Nashville, TN in a couple of business days.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Hobbes wrote:
    Wasn't this parterniship with UPS supposed to reduce the carbon footprint? Why are most of these orders going hundreds of miles out of the way? That seems like a waste of money, fuel & time. Mine, too, is in CA and I live in the Portland area. :roll: Funny how I can get vinyl from Nashville, TN in a couple of business days.

My guess is that it saved them money. Sounded good in theory, but no research was done. Or what they were told isn't really how the system really works.

Over a weeke to get from Seattle to PA is a bit much, but my package has seen the country :D
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Just finally read into this thread. So glad I'm not the only one going through this. Mine went from NJ to Philly today and I'm in Mass. Also the expected delivery date still says yesterday. I guess this kills my hopes of getting LB on the 15th... :fp:
    2008 - 6/28, 6/30
    2009 - 8/21,10/30, 10/31
    2010 - 5/15, 5/17, 5/20, 5/21
    2011 - 9/3/11, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12, 9/14
    2012 - 9/2
    2013 - 7/19, 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/25
    2014 - 6/16. 6/17, 6/20, 10/1

EV solo 8.1.08, 6.8.09, 6.15.11, 6.16.11
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Any standard UPS ground shipping from CA to NJ takes a full week. This is UPS Mail Innovations, which I'm not familiar with but I wouldn't expect any sooner than a weeks time.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,349
    Mine just went from an hour north of me in auburn wa...to fucking california. Getting a little impatient.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    UPS Mail Innovations, worse than DHL!

Mine was expected delivery of October 3, but I expect it a few days after. Their tracking is pretty garbage! Hopefully LB ships soon so it gets here on time!
  • Options
    PapaljuicePapaljuice Jacksonville Posts: 502
    Just finally read into this thread. So glad I'm not the only one going through this. Mine went from NJ to Philly today and I'm in Mass. Also the expected delivery date still says yesterday. I guess this kills my hopes of getting LB on the 15th... :fp:

I feel your pain.

The final destination for mine is Jacksonville, FL. However, mine went to Atlanta GA and then 5 hours notheast to Greensboro NC. Atlanta to Greensboro is further away than Atlanta to Jax. Makes as much sense as an estimated delivery of 10/2.
    Pearl Jam - ST. PETERSBURG, FL 3-29-94 / WEST PALM BEACH, FL 9-22-98 / TAMPA, FL 8-12-00 / CHARLOTTE, NC 10/30/13 / ST. LOUIS, MO 10-03-2014 / TAMPA, FL 4-11-16 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 4-13-16
    Eddie Vedder - JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/24/12 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/25/12 / ORLANDO, FL 11-28-12
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I'd rather have UPS working with USPS than USPS on their own.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    JK_Livin wrote:

USPS on their own, I would have had the vinyl Monday. UPS + USPS means I may get it tomorrow, maybe Saturday.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

I've never had shipping issues like this till the last few things I've ordered from 10c. I'll take one or the other, whatever this is, is stupid.
  • Options
    I didn't even notice that the shipping email had a tracking number.

Mine took 4 days to get an hour and a half away from me (Urbancrest, OH, I live in Cincinnati) but now it's in PA. :lol:
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    JK_Livin wrote:

I can't agree with this
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,906
    I just checked the tracking for mine that's coming to MN. WA to OH to PA and now with post office to come to MN. Definitely efficient...
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
  • Options
    jwhjr17 wrote:
    I just checked the tracking for mine that's coming to MN. WA to OH to PA and now with post office to come to MN. Definitely efficient...

I really try...really hard not to complain about 10c... but this shipping setup has got to go. If that record is banged up at all (after traveling an unnecessary 2,000 miles), it may be my last purchase from Tenclub.

...oh wait. Lightning Bolt will be, but I'll probably get that before Vault 3 anyway
  • Options
    jwhjr17 wrote:

brutal
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,588
    Mine went from Washington to Ohio to Pennsylvania! They should have delivered it to me when the drove past IOWA!!! :evil: It says it will be delivered today but I'm not holding my breath...
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith