Options

Goddamn it, Sirens!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    I honestly believe I have never listened to one song so much! :D Each time I listen, I find new meaning, and I find that the melody is so beautiful. Kudos to PJ for crafting such a lovely song-I can't wait to hear it live! :clap: :thumbup:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,463
    Totally pumped about this great song. My 20 year old daughter off at college texted me as she heard it before me and said "Have you heard Sirens yet, its Epic!" Nice to see the kids excited as well. My first show was 20 years ago in Portland when she was just a couple months old and now her first show will be in Portland 20 years later.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    TJ25487 wrote:
    Totally pumped about this great song. My 20 year old daughter off at college texted me as she heard it before me and said "Have you heard Sirens yet, its Epic!" Nice to see the kids excited as well. My first show was 20 years ago in Portland when she was just a couple months old and now her first show will be in Portland 20 years later.

Love it
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    MASMAS Posts: 628
    TJ25487 wrote:

Now that is something good. Very good.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,317
    TJ25487 wrote:

Lovely story! :P
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    Very strong lyrics. Hearing this live is going to knock me out.

aaaah I'm looking forward to it :mrgreen:
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    Well, this is encouraging. I've only listened to it a few times and honestly haven't even been able to make it through it. Painfully and uncharacteristically sappy in parts, like a bad 80's ballad or a pop-country song. The last time I felt like this about a new track was Thin Air, which grew on me though still not a favorite.

I actually tend to prefer the mid-tempo and acoustic numbers to the hard rock stuff the guys put out (Unthought Known, Just Breathe and Force of Nature were my favorites from BS), though I generally love it all. I was an immediate fan of MYM and incredibly excited about Lightning Bolt (despite the artwork and album title)... but after Sirens my excitement has wained a bit. So, again, really glad to hear it's a grower ... I'll give it a few listens tonight. Still skeptical and a little disappointed, but I'll keep an open mind. Sometimes the best ones just take a while to appreciate.
    "You are everything, and everything is you. Me, you... you, me -- it's all related."
  • Options
    LaterDays wrote:
    Well, this is encouraging. I've only listened to it a few times and honestly haven't even been able to make it through it. Painfully and uncharacteristically sappy in parts, like a bad 80's ballad or a pop-country song. The last time I felt like this about a new track was Thin Air, which grew on me though still not a favorite.

I actually tend to prefer the mid-tempo and acoustic numbers to the hard rock stuff the guys put out (Unthought Known, Just Breathe and Force of Nature were my favorites from BS), though I generally love it all. I was an immediate fan of MYM and incredibly excited about Lightning Bolt (despite the artwork and album title)... but after Sirens my excitement has wained a bit. So, again, really glad to hear it's a grower ... I'll give it a few listens tonight. Still skeptical and a little disappointed, but I'll keep an open mind. Sometimes the best ones just take a while to appreciate.

I think you are right about sometimes the best ones take a while to appreciate. It actually took me a while to appreciate RVM, and now it's one of my favorite songs!

One day, you may be saying that you are crazy about Sirens, you never know! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    BEST THREAD TITTLE THE LAST 3 YEARS!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    BEST THREAD TITTLE THE LAST 3 YEARS!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    It actually took me a while to appreciate RVM, and now it's one of my favorite songs!
    Yup. Same here. I still remember the shitty pizza joint I was sitting in when I heard it on the jukebox and it finally clicked for me. I don't remember what town it was, but it was somewhere in downstate Illinois (Pekin? Peoria?). Probably about 6 months after Vs. came out...