Options

"Sirens" Single + Video

Comments

• Options
    :clap::clap:
    tcadd94 wrote:
    Don't people understand that the band has grown up? They're not in their 20s anymore. It's called evolving. If a band doesn't evolve and they keep putting out the same type of song I'd be bored as hell. I really like this one.
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    If a band is evolving I'd expect some interesting, unique turns in song writing, something to stand out but this song lacks any of that. It could blend into the background as some daytime tv intro.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/1783688
    "Come take my hand, and let yourself rely.
    Don't hold your breath, don't close your eyes.
    I've learned to breath and I've learned to fly.
    I've learned to see and I know I'm going higher."
  • Options
    Look on the bright side...we were just given another piss break / beer run. :D I can see myself now shaking head, rolling eyes as I pee.

Gonna be real different for me too...I'm usually pissing happily singing along to even flow, trying to force it all out quick so I can sprint back in time for the solo. Hey...no biggie I'm gonna have to evolve and change my routines!
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    tcadd94 wrote:
    Don't people understand that the band has grown up? They're not in their 20s anymore. It's called evolving. If a band doesn't evolve and they keep putting out the same type of song I'd be bored as hell. I really like this one.
    I think most people realize that, and I haven't read a single comment in this thread that suggests or even hints that they think they should sound like they did in their 20s. A band can evolve and grown up and still put out a shitty song. The two aren't mutually exclusive. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,698
    :clap::clap:
    tcadd94 wrote:

No ... people still want to see Eddie with waist length greasy hair, old brown T-shirt, arms crossed in front of his chest, rolling his eyes and screaming out unintelligible words.

;)
  • Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    I made my 7yr old and 12 year old daughter watch the video.
    The 7yr old loves PJ because daddy does.
    I am waiting for that light bulb to go off and the shimmer in my 12 yr old when she finally gets it.
    PJ is not cool in junior high right now.
    She did say that she liked it. :D
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    I'm not gonna sugar coat it...I hate the arrangement, I may possibly hate the whole dang song. I'm keeping in mind many other songs I hated but then loved so I'm going to give it a few more listens.

Listened to it 3 times back to back already and I think each time I hated it more...(I don't remember ever hating a PJ song on the first listen this much) Reminds of like Meatloaf or something, I dunno it's wimpy sounding perhaps. I mean betterman has spikey balls compared to this. This just doesn't sound like a "PJ" song. Maybe I'll like it better live but I'm secretly hoping I don't get to hear it live now after hearing the video. I was excited when I heard the the title "sirens" sounded interestingly cool. I was imagining something like Lukin hahahha whoa was I off base...lol

Not a real big sinful thing to not like one song, they have hundreds of other greats so please don't hate on me for giving my opinion...I do think I like the lyrics and I know I like the Mc Creadsters solo in it so there are a few "bright spots" lol. I know I do however hate the piano part bigtime not the actual playing but it's insertion into this song.

Go ahead and tell me how crazy I am..I can take a beat down!

Don't be surprised if I love this song someday though, because that does happen with PJ cause I know live they could flip this thing into something totally different. It's gonna have to be a big flip!

OPEN ROAST :lol::lol:

Your post sounds like a whiny miley cyrus fan upset that she's now into licking hammers instead of making beaded wrist bands!

NEXT!!!!! :lol:
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    E.K wrote:

No ... people still want to see Eddie with waist length greasy hair, old brown T-shirt, arms crossed in front of his chest, rolling his eyes and screaming out unintelligible words.

;)

Annnnnnnd you're released! Free to roam the YouTube channels all....night.....long!
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,698
    evsgjamm wrote:
    OPEN ROAST :lol::lol:

Your post sounds like a whiny miley cyrus fan upset that she's now into licking hammers instead of making beaded wrist bands!

NEXT!!!!! :lol:

Naked Eddie, swinging on a wrecking ball? Now that could be good! ;)
  • Options
    PA JammerPA Jammer Tamaqua, Pa. Posts: 340
    LOVE IT!!
    " But all things change, let this remain"!! :D
    Tom- Tamaqua PA

"What could be better than a beer with Eddie Vedder"
  • Options
    tcadd94 wrote:
    Kelly Leak wrote:
    Do you think Nickleback will be filing a law suit for sound stealing? When does the next Batman movie come out? Will 'Sirens' be the title cut?

Ouch, that's pretty fucking harsh, hahaha.

It is simply a bad song. It will be played very, very little live.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    Kelly Leak wrote:

you mean except for every stop on the tour?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Kelly Leak wrote:

yes, except for that :lol:
  • Options
    I am waiting for that light bulb to go off and the shimmer in my 12 yr old when she finally gets it.

And this song isn't gaining any new fans in that age group either. I get the band is maturing and the fan base is maturing but what about investing in future fans? A kid is gonna hear 'Sirens' and not have nay interest to go discover any other songs by the band. Sad.
  • Options

And this song isn't gaining any new fans in that age group either. I get the band is maturing and the fan base is maturing but what about investing in future fans? A kid is gonna hear 'Sirens' and not have nay interest to go discover any other songs by the band. Sad.
    I'm 37 and this style of music doesn't appeal to me at all.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    driowadriowa Wisconsin Posts: 115
    This song is amazing!
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

:lol: You all say that like its a fact and not just your opinion
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Kelly Leak wrote:

I will take a bet on that one. It's a boring pop ballad. This band made Black, Hail, Hail, Do the Evolution, Corduroy, Alive, Release, Even Flow, State of Love and Trust, etc...

'Sirens' is not a song that I will ever want to hear.
  • Options

Yeah, cause the Sirens video will def be the thing all the kids are sharing and talking about in schools across 'merica.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

Yeah, cause the Sirens video will def be the thing all the kids are sharing and talking about in schools across 'merica.[/quote]

I'm not saying that either. But I'm not sure there is anything on the upcoming album that would do that.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Kelly Leak wrote:
    Kelly Leak wrote:

I will take a bet on that one. It's a boring pop ballad. This band made Black, Hail, Hail, Do the Evolution, Corduroy, Alive, Release, Even Flow, State of Love and Trust, etc...

I think it would really put a damper on a live show. It would be like having some other band come on stage in the middle of a concert, just for one song. I hope they know that.
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    Kelly Leak wrote:

I can't wait for the encore of Just Breathe, Sleeping by Myself, Sirens, Future Days, and The End, the place will be rocking! :yawn:

:lol::lol::lol: I kid, I kid :D
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    love-boat-captainlove-boat-captain Essex. UK Posts: 476

What a load of rubbish this quote is. Sorry dude but had to be said. No hard feelings.

I noticed the video version is a live recording and not the audio from the actual single version. Still very cool though
    London 29-10-96, London 29/30-5-00, London 20-4-06, Reading 27-8-06, London 18-6-07, London 11-8-09, London 18-8-09, London 25-6-10, Berlin 30-6-10 / PJ20 3/4-9-11, Manchester 20-6-12, Amsterdam 26/27-6-12, EV-London 30/31-7-12, EV-Orlando 27-11-12
  • Options
    Wow... Reading some of the above comments is unreal. Shame on you lot ;)

I wanna hear this song live. It's great and a welcome new addition.

Well done again Pearl Jam. Love the new stuff, best I've heard from you a while, in my own personal opinion.
    London 29-10-96, London 29/30-5-00, London 20-4-06, Reading 27-8-06, London 18-6-07, London 11-8-09, London 18-8-09, London 25-6-10, Berlin 30-6-10 / PJ20 3/4-9-11, Manchester 20-6-12, Amsterdam 26/27-6-12, EV-London 30/31-7-12, EV-Orlando 27-11-12
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Now you guys saw the video...you can imagine what Mike will do at that solo live!!! :mrgreen:

thanks Sea!

yup. I think this song will sound very different by the end of the tour. can't wait!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    red_devred_dev Adelaide, Australia Posts: 147
    What an awesome song. I love it!

Great feeling, great lyrics, great vocals by Eddie, great harmonies, love Mikes solo.

Long live Pearl Jam!!!!

Cannot wait for Lightning Bolt to be released. Thanks Pearl Jam. :)

1995 - Adelaide (Memorial Drive Tennis Centre)
    1998 - Adelaide (Thebarton Oval)
    2003 - Adelaide (Adelaide Entertainment Centre)
    2006 - Adelaide I (Adelaide Entertainment Centre)
    2006 - Adelaide II (Adelaide Entertainment Centre)
    2009 - Adelaide (Adelaide Oval)
    2011 - Eddie Vedder (Thebarton Theatre)
    2011 - Eddie Vedder (Thebarton Theatre)
    2014 - Adelaide Big Day Out
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    edited September 2013
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Kelly Leak wrote:

I think it would really put a damper on a live show. It would be like having some other band come on stage in the middle of a concert, just for one song. I hope they know that.

betcha they know they have some very narrow-minded, egomanical fans that don't pass up any opportunity to iterate it :P
    Post edited by prism on
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I totally Agree with Red_Dev... Awesome song.

If this new song was Betterman, people would still be moaning. What do people want out of this band? It's an awesome song, hats off to them. We need these songs just as much as we need the crazy heavy ones! :)
    Post edited by love-boat-captain on
  • Options
    PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    I love this song. Love it. The bass line, Mike's solo and Ed's voice are just unreal. Can't wait to see this live. Hopeful its played in San Diego.
    I get the peeps who aren't thrilled with it, they have different expectations of what PJ should be doing as 50 year old men. I don't agree, but to each their own. Beautiful. Moving. Melodic. Looking forward to being on the floor at SD arm and arm with the Mrs, maybe playing a little air bass, and seeing everyone swaying/singing to this gem.
    Well done guys!
    I personally love the message of gratitude, grace and unadulterated love in this tune.
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,877
    After many proper listens to let it settle in... As always, another great PJ song. PJ4LIFE...
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby