** Survivor - Blood VS Water **

124»

Comments

• This season was so terrible they didn't even do a fan favorite, because they all sucked.
    And bringing That D-bag Colton to the finale was an even bigger joke than the season itself.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    This season was so terrible they didn't even do a fan favorite, because they all sucked.
    And bringing That D-bag Colton to the finale was an even bigger joke than the season itself.
    Why wouldn't they bring Colton to the finale? They have never cut anyone out of it.
    I really really hope Colton is completely ashamed of himself though. He really seems like an awful person all around. And I thought it was pretty disgusting of the show to bring him back at all. He made all kinds of racist comments and shit on his first season... Survivor is fine enough with that to let him come back??? Not cool. :nono:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,662
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    This season was so terrible they didn't even do a fan favorite, because they all sucked.
    Why wouldn't they bring Colton to the finale? They have never cut anyone out of it. :
    Brandon Hantz last season.

http://survivor.wikia.com/wiki/Brandon_Hantz
    Brandon was banned from attending Caramoan's Reunion Show, making him the first person in Survivor history be excused from the live show
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Oh, I stand corrected.... but Brandon was acting scary and dangerously mentally unstable. I think they were worried about people's safety. I don't think they cut him out just because they didn't like his personality.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul wrote:
    Why wouldn't they bring Colton to the finale? They have never cut anyone out of it.
    I really really hope Colton is completely ashamed of himself though. He really seems like an awful person all around. And I thought it was pretty disgusting of the show to bring him back at all. He made all kinds of racist comments and shit on his first season... Survivor is fine enough with that to let him come back??? Not cool. :nono:
    They shouldn't of brought him back because he quit twice, because he was such a pansy. If you quit something you are done, you don't get to come back. But yeah Brandon was just a complete liability to have back, but the show should have cut it's ties with Colton all together in my opinion. And yes you are correct he is an awful person.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Yeah I'm hoping they start with all fresh players. If they ever bring Colton or Brandon back! I'm done.

I wonder how long this show will go on for?? What season is it now? Probably gonna end it at a nice round number.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,662
    This was the 27th season.
    Probably a good thing Probst's talk show failed, cause if he stops doing Survivor, don't know if they could properly replace him.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Poncier wrote:
    Probably a good thing Probst's talk show failed, cause if he stops doing Survivor, don't know if they could properly replace him.

It wouldn't be the same, but it could be done. Look at Bob barker and The Price is Right. Not sure how Drew Carey is doing as host, but pretty sure it's still on the air.

After 27 seasons maybe a fresh face wouldn't hurt. As long as it isn't Ryan Seacrest or Mario Lopez.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Poncier wrote:

It wouldn't be the same, but it could be done. Look at Bob barker and The Price is Right. Not sure how Drew Carey is doing as host, but pretty sure it's still on the air.

After 27 seasons maybe a fresh face wouldn't hurt. As long as it isn't Ryan Seacrest or Mario Lopez.

Someone that played maybe?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Poncier wrote:

Just wanted to mention that Drew Carey completely ruined The Price Is Right. I have never seen anyone so awkward and miserable in a TV host role before. He seems completely embarrassed by the whole thing. :lol: Just awful. :fp: The only reason the show is still on the air is because they still use the same fantastic games as they always did. :lol:

I would be really disappointed if Jeff Probst left the show. He's great at it, and he knows it better than anyone ... so far, he claims to be in love with the job, so unless he gets fired, I can't see him going anywhere soon.
  • JK_Livin wrote:

Yes. And the obvious former player that comes to mind is Boston Rob. He's the most perfect choice and I could see this happening.
    JK_Livin wrote:

Yes. And the obvious former player that comes to mind is Boston Rob. He's the most perfect choice and I could see this happening.
    Yeah, actually that would be cool. That is only person who could come in and replace Jeff that I would feel happy about. I love him. :)
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    well, Probst isnt going anywhere for the next 2 seasons of Survivor.
    He is also one of the executive producers with Mark Burnett.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... 1248979080

The show will return for its 29th and 30th cycles during the 2014-15 season; plus, Probst and Mark Burnett drop hints about the upcoming 28th edition.

CBS

CBS has ordered two more editions of its long-running reality series Survivor.

The network has picked up the 29th and 30th editions of the unscripted competition, taking it through the 2014-15 season.

Additionally, Jeff Probst has signed a new agreement to return as host and executive producer of the show. Probst -- who has won five Primetime Emmy Awards for his work on Survivor, including four for best host and another shared win as part of the producing team for best nonfiction program -- has been with the show since its May 2000 debut.

PHOTOS: 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water' Players

"Survivor continues to set the bar for outstanding production values and compelling storytelling while delivering fresh new adventures every season," CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler said in a statement. "The show’s enduring success is a testament to the creativity and passion of Mark Burnett and Jeff Probst, and an amazing production team."

The current edition -- subtitled Blood vs. Water, in which former players are competing alongside their relatives -- consistently wins its 8 p.m. Wednesday time period and ranks as the No. 2 reality series among adults 18-49 on broadcast TV. It's averaging 11.29 million viewers, a 3.1 rating in adults 18-49 and a 4.1 in adults 25-54.

Executive producer Burnett attributes the show's success to its "Swiss Family Robinson meets Lord of the Flies" format.

"How great is it to watch people dropping everything, going off to an island, and building a society where they actually get to wipe the slate clean and start anew?" he says in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter. "And then in this game you have to build relationships, eliminate those people and then ask those very people for a million dollars."

For Probst, it was a no-brainer to re-up as host and executive producer.

"This is the dream come true," he tells THR, adding that it's "incredibly gratifying" to be part of a show that's been on the air so long. "To be in our 14th year, our 27th season, and still getting ratings, it's amazing. I think the secret ingredient for Survivor's success it that we have an incredibly loyal audience that just stays with us, and not a lot of shows can say that."

Probst says producers try to give viewers "what they want." Case in point: Next season is a "direct response to the fans," he teases.

Burnett adds that, if the current season aimed to answer the question of how people deal with having to vote off a loved one, then the 28th edition will examine "what kind of person is most likely to win Survivor."

PHOTOS: Jeff Probst's 'Survivor' Picture Diary

As for whether the show might feature another Blood vs. Water type of twist in the near future, Burnett says: "Certainly not too soon because we always try to keep it fresh, but maybe in some way that's not exactly the same. We try not to repeat. The only thing we've done again is fans vs. favorites and all-stars every few years."

In addition to the other twists that have shaken up the game over the years -- from the hidden immunity idol to Redemption Island -- Probst notes that the casting process itself also has evolved. He says that now, social media plays a big part, whether it's hopefuls reaching out to him on Twitter or the show's casting director discovering interesting people on Facebook.

"It doesn't matter how you find people, you just want good people," he says, adding that the ideal castaway is "a three-dimensional person with life experience who's able to tell a story."

Survivor is produced by SEG Inc., with Burnett and Probst as executive producers. The Survivor: Blood vs. Water finale airs 8-10 p.m. on Sunday, followed by the live reunion show.

:corn:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life