** Survivor - Blood VS Water **

Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
edited December 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
survivor_annct_large.jpg

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video ... castaways/

Interesting spin having returning " All Stars " with their family members.
How could you vote off your wife/sister/brother/mother ?
This will prove to be chaotic !

This edition of SURVIVOR will feature the return of Redemption Island, where castaways who have been eliminated from the game can seek redemption and return for a chance to win the million dollar prize. The twist this season, however, is loved ones will be forced to choose whether to "save" their partner on Redemption Island and switch places with them, thus allowing their loved one to immediately re-enter the game, or leave them in exile to survive on their own.

Rupert is back , & Hayden , winner from Big Brother 12 , is starring.
For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
platessmall.jpg
ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
http://www.UNOS.org
Donate Organs and Save a Life
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    survivor_annct_large.jpg

This edition of SURVIVOR will feature the return of Redemption Island, where castaways who have been eliminated from the game can seek redemption and return for a chance to win the million dollar prize. The twist this season, however, is loved ones will be forced to choose whether to "save" their partner on Redemption Island and switch places with them, thus allowing their loved one to immediately re-enter the game, or leave them in exile to survive on their own.

Colton is one of the worst players and is a horrible person. I don't think anyone wanted him back. Why can't they just have a cast of new people?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • While I wouldn't mind having an entirely new cast the next time around, this idea excites me.

If this proves to be a hit, they should do it again, but use brand new people next time.
    1996: Seattle, WA.
    1997: Oakland, CA - (Rolling Stones)
    1998: Portland, OR. & Seattle, WA.
    2009: Portland, OR.
    2011: East Troy, WI. 1 & 2 - PJ20 & Portland, OR. - Ed Solo
    2012: Dallas, TX. - Ed Solo
    2013: Dallas, TX. Oklahoma City, OK. & Portland, OR.
    2014: Tulsa, OK
    2015: Seattle WA. - Mad Season
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Miami, FL. & Chicago, IL - Wrigley 1
    2017: Dana Point - Ohana Fest - Ed Solo
    2018: Seattle WA. 1 & 2 - Safeco
    2021: Dana Point - Ohana Fest & Night 1 & 2 - Ed Solo,
    2022: Louisville, St Louis
    2024: Portland, OR
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    JK_Livin wrote:

Colton is one of the worst players and is a horrible person. I don't think anyone wanted him back. Why can't they just have a cast of new people?

it's easier to have people whose personalities you know and mix them up with total opposites (and get 'predicted' altercations) than it is to get all new people and hope they fight like psychos.

I've watched every single episode since Richard Hatch... :fp: :oops:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,674
    RKCNDY wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

it's easier to have people whose personalities you know and mix them up with total opposites (and get 'predicted' altercations) than it is to get all new people and hope they fight like psychos.

I've watched every single episode since Richard Hatch... :fp: :oops:

I've watched them all as well :oops:

Just watched the promo.....I like how the new season looks, could be very interesting :twisted:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    survivor_annct_large.jpg

They gotta have a player you 'hate' right off the bat.
    Ratings,...
    platessmall.jpg
    STARTS TONIGHT.......very excited :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Glad they brought redemption island back; not thrilled about Colton, though.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • I have to agree with JK_Livin. When will they go through the effort of finding new cast members. Give others a chance to win $1,000,000.00 that have never been on. Most of these people (which would have to include their S.O.) had their shot to win. and its not just this "reality" show but all of the ones who bring back past players, Big Brother, Amazing Race, etc..
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    going to watch. I'll know by 2nd episode if I'll stick it out the season. If I don't like the people i just can't deal.

Will miss Malcolm...I could go for watching him for 3 seasons no problem :-)
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    Here we go with the Colton drama again... First episode and the guy is already crying :roll: Not too trilled with this season's cast yet.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
    dougfloyd wrote:
    Here we go with the Colton drama again... First episode and the guy is already crying :roll: Not too trilled with this season's cast yet.

How did anyone that watched his season buy that crap last night? How did they not vote out Colton from the get go?

Did they vote out Marissa because of Gervais? If so that was stupid. She appears to be a better competitor than they 3 that tried to put the puzzle together.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • I won't be watching next week. Bad idea bringing Colton back. I said I wouldn't watch it if they brought him back and I'm sticking to it. I'm not gonna put myself through his crap again. Too bad because I really like redemption island.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • I think this season will be good after last nights show.

The dynamic involving family members will make this real good. Can't wait to see Gervase's face next week.
    NERDS!
    I think this season will be good after last nights show.

The dynamic involving family members will make this real good. Can't wait to see Gervase's face next week.

yeah, Gervase only thinks of himself. I was thinking they would vote Marissa off purely for the fact that nobody likes her uncle.

...and what's with the whole "we really need Rupert, he's a great shelter builder, hunter, fisher, fire-maker..." :fp: seriously, learn to be self-sufficient, if I was going to go on the show, I would sure as hell learn to make fire without a flint.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    RKCNDY wrote:

yeah, Gervase only thinks of himself. I was thinking they would vote Marissa off purely for the fact that nobody likes her uncle.

...and what's with the whole "we really need Rupert, he's a great shelter builder, hunter, fisher, fire-maker..." :fp: seriously, learn to be self-sufficient, if I was going to go on the show, I would sure as hell learn to make fire without a flint.

Every year I wonder this same thing, if you were going to be on the show wouldn't you have practiced making a fire at home beforehand??
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • dougfloyd wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Every year I wonder this same thing, if you were going to be on the show wouldn't you have practiced making a fire at home beforehand??

Or maybe in the 13 years since you've been on the show . . . I don't know, take a swimming lesson? :lol:

Culpepper is going to be toast soon I think. Never try to be the leader right off the bat.
    NERDS!
  • ****POSSIBLE SPOILER RE:COLTON****

For the Colton haters, of which I am in that category, I have read a spoiler that he quits by the third or fourth episode...so we may be Colton free in the very near future.
    prljamgirl wrote:
    ****POSSIBLE SPOILER RE:COLTON****

For the Colton haters, of which I am in that category, I have read a spoiler that he quits by the third or fourth episode...so we may be Colton free in the very near future.

You mean he stays that long :fp:

Good opening episode I thought. Like someone else posted, how did Gervais not take a swimming lesson in all those yrs. That was the only thing I remembered about him from before......he can't swim, guy darn near died or would have if Aras wouldn't have stayed with him.
    Wonder who is gonna win Redemption Island next week...think its gonna be the blonde chick
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    BLACK35 wrote:
    prljamgirl wrote:
    ****POSSIBLE SPOILER RE:COLTON****

You mean he stays that long :fp:

Good opening episode I thought. Like someone else posted, how did Gervais not take a swimming lesson in all those yrs. That was the only thing I remembered about him from before......he can't swim, guy darn near died or would have if Aras wouldn't have stayed with him.
    Wonder who is gonna win Redemption Island next week...think its gonna be the blonde chick

It's not just swimming. He was completely exhausted from being out of shape. How do you not somewhat train for this show?

So do both losers at redemption leave or just last place?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Pretty sure Candice, Rupert and Gervace's niece will battle to
    see which 2 stays, and then ultimately there will be 1 left
    ( until the new evictee arrives )
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Ok, so there will always be 3 competing on exile?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Ok, so there will always be 3 competing on exile?

no , its usually only 2 players competing on redemption island.

They usually allow 1 player from each tribe to watch and listen,
    as well as interact with the other players.
    platessmall.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,662
    RKCNDY wrote:

Does nobody recall when Rupert built the shelter in the tidal basin on All Stars and it washed away at the next high tide.
    I've never gotten all the Rupert love, I think he sucks at the game for the most part and will be quite pleased if he gets ousted first next week.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Candace is gonna whip Rupert's ass
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    Poncier wrote:
    Does nobody recall when Rupert built the shelter in the tidal basin on All Stars and it washed away at the next high tide.
    I've never gotten all the Rupert love, I think he sucks at the game for the most part and will be quite pleased if he gets ousted first next week.

was that when he said, "if we build it behind the here, it will protect us from the water" and then when high tide came in it flooded the entire camp?

reminder bump!

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Poncier wrote:

was that when he said, "if we build it behind the here, it will protect us from the water" and then when high tide came in it flooded the entire camp?

reminder bump!
    That was it. Looked like a complete buffoon, then the fans voted him a sympathy million dollars. So hoping he goes home tonight.
    Go Rupert, Go Rupert Go Rupert!!
    weird they let the entire tribes watch the redemption comps.
    thats new, right ?

loved the trash talking there,..

i thought they were blind siding the dude John?
    I gotta watch that again i think,....they lost me at the end.
    platessmall.jpg
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Gone Rupert, gone Rupert, gone Rupert!!! :D
    Poncier wrote:
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Gone Rupert, gone Rupert, gone Rupert!!! :D

:lol::lol: yeah he is.....oh well.

I'm not sure who I'm pulling for. Someone that hasn't won before would be good. It's twisty this season...so much going on and strategies so complex.