Options

Ramones Museum Berlin with Brendan O' Brien 9/3/13

Comments

• Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,493
    sward wrote:
    So Brendan wanted SBM on the record and doesnt like Of The Earth??? Not liking Brendan's input at all!!!

How do we know this?

I thought Brendan said on PJ radio a while back it was the band who wasn't happy with it in the studio.

As for sleeping by myself even if he pushed for it it's the bands decision to include it
    No?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    ldatspj wrote:
    Was the intro music from the tour trailer a song??
    I wonder if that snippet from the tour announcement is the intro to infallible.
    from what i understand maybe is the intro of Pendulum from what i read at facebook..wait for more reviews about it
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Hope Rick Rubin will be the producer of the next album.
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options

that would be incredible!
    7/12/03--10/1/04--10/3/05--5/31/06--6/3/06--6/24/08--10/31/09--10/19/13--10/22/13
  • Options
    sward wrote:
    So Brendan wanted SBM on the record and doesnt like Of The Earth??? Not liking Brendan's input at all!!!

How do we know this?
    I remember a band member stating that Brendan didn't care for it.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    can you copy and paste that review here for those of us who can't access that page.
    Thanks!

10. Sleeping By Myself
    F: It's similar to the Uke version, it's more folky, in the direction of Mumford&Sons. With vocal harmonies from the band.
    There are louder instrumental parts between the choruses, then the music gets in the background, Eds voice to front & back again.
    I wrote "feels displaced". It's just a strange place on the album & Brendan told later that he was the one who wanted this song on the album so bad,
    soooo. It's his fault. Would be more fitting as a b-side.
    C: There is a "solo" (related to the vocal melody) as an instrumental bridge before the last chorus, I guess. I made a footnote: "Almost trivial." I recognized an Ukulele at the end of the song.
    Hmmm, so the song snippet that was on Joseph Arthurs Vine clip was 'SBM'
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

AGREE 110%

:twisted: :fp: :fp:
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    ldatspj wrote:
    Was the intro music from the tour trailer a song??
    I wonder if that snippet from the tour announcement is the intro to infallible.
    from what i understand maybe is the intro of Pendulum from what i read at facebook..wait for more reviews about it
    I sure hope it wasnt something created just for the video clip.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Thanks guys for the insight! Really pumped for Pendulum and Sirens from the sounds of it..

No other reviews? Come on other people I know you're out there! 8-)
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Pendulum, sirens, and especially Infallible are the ones i want to hear
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    Audience recording not torrented yet? :|

j/k
  • Options
    "11. Yellow Moon
    F: It's a slower song, reminded me of Mark Lanegans Bleeding Muddy Water."

I think I will love Yellow Moon. :)
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.
  • Options

DUDE. I just told my hubby that Sunday. I'm not the only one it seems!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    The big question is...Which song has the hand claps?
  • Options
    I haven't heard the new album yet....But, just maybe the next album....If there is another one?....Pearl Jam would be better off with a new producter...Maybe someone that could push the band further.......I don't know...Maybe I am just rambling?....

jeremy
  • Options
    Anyone keep track of song lengths or the overall album length? My apologies if I overlooked this info in the thread.
    Columbus 2010 - Atlanta 2012 - Charlotte 2013
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    sward wrote:

How do we know this?
    I remember a band member stating that Brendan didn't care for it.

I don't care for it either.

And I don't foresee how Sleeping By Myself can be a good Pearl Jam song, but I'm curious to find out what the band has done with it nonetheless.
  • Options
    PU38569PU38569 Posts: 260
    BOOOO Brendan O'Brien. BOOO

From RATM to twinkle twinkle little star piano on Future Daze!!

Nixes Of The Earth in favor of adult contempo ukelele remix... what a great friend... let's go sip some cocoa and flip through some Pottery Barn catalogues...

PJ NEEDS SOME NEW FUCKING FRIENDS

Can PJ please give back Matt Cameron to Soundgarden Full time?

I don't think PJ needs someone of Matt's caliber in order to do Adult Contempo.

Then, those of us who were attracted to this band in the first place due to its ROCK AND ROLL can have at least one ROCK SOLID ROCK BAND back for full-time worship (i.e. Soundgarden).

BOO BOB BOOOOOO

Here's your PJ print-at-home 2013 tour sign:

BOOOO BOB, BOOOO*^
    *not directed toward people named Robert
    ^not directed toward Boo, the world's cutest dog
    This is a birthday pony
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    PU38569 wrote:
    BOOOO Brendan O'Brien. BOOO

From RATM to twinkle twinkle little star piano on Future Daze!!

Nixes Of The Earth in favor of adult contempo ukelele remix... what a great friend... let's go sip some cocoa and flip through some Pottery Barn catalogues...

PJ NEEDS SOME NEW FUCKING FRIENDS

Can PJ please give back Matt Cameron to Soundgarden Full time?

I don't think PJ needs someone of Matt's caliber in order to do Adult Contempo.

Then, those of us who were attracted to this band in the first place due to its ROCK AND ROLL can have at least one ROCK SOLID ROCK BAND back for full-time worship (i.e. Soundgarden).

BOO BOB BOOOOOO

Here's your PJ print-at-home 2013 tour sign:

BOOOO BOB, BOOOO*^
    *not directed toward people named Robert
    ^not directed toward Boo, the world's cutest dog

Future Daze....bwahahahahahaha! Awesome!

Kinda jealous I didn't come up with it myself. Well done sir!
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    I am pretty stoked to hear Future Days. One of my favorite Wrigley moments by far.
  • Options
    Of the Earth is boring, people. Let it go. The band ain't wrong here.

As for Sleeping, it's a great uke song. When i heard it would be on this album, i was sorta hopin' for like a pedal steel, N.Young Harvest, type arrangement, almost Off He Goes-ish. We'll see what happens. I hope they aren't shy about breaking out Setting Forth live on this tour etc. It's a strong track.

cheers
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640

As for Sleeping, it's a great uke song. When i heard it would be on this album, i was sorta hopin' for like a pedal steel, N.Young Harvest, type arrangement, almost Off He Goes-ish. We'll see what happens. I hope they aren't shy about breaking out Setting Forth live on this tour etc. It's a strong track.

cheers
    Agree with everything u wrote.
  • Options

cheers
    . Politely disagree with this entire post. 8-)
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    can you copy and paste that review here for those of us who can't access that page.
    Thanks!

11. Yellow Moon
    F: It's a slower song, reminded me of Mark Lanegans Bleeding Muddy Water.
    It had a few lyrics with metaphers of the sky & falling stars and stuff.
    Otherwise, for the first listen there's not so much I could write about it.
    C: In the verse it has a odd time signature: 6/8 - 5/8 ... I noted "echo-y vocals" and something like a dark "fairy tale".

I'm betting this one is a Matt Cameron song since it has an odd time signature. That's what he do!
  • Options
    Over at alternative nation the same guy that back in June said that sirens and sleeping by myself would be on the album says there is a new single coming very soon.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    I think people give too much creedence to a producer here. A producer is working for a band and not the other way around; especially an independent band. All he can do is advice. And maybe he had a reason for this, maybe SBM has a function in here in the same way that the-song-without-words or Soon Forget had a function re. the flow of the album. Second, re. Of the Eart, it is stated nowhere that BoB thought it was a bad song. The band itself was in doubt. I have no doubt that we will hear a studio version at some point; as a holiday single or on the long awaited Lost Dogs 2.

Thirdly, I remember that when PJ decided to go back to BoB after ST how excited every one was when BoB was back on board. It seems like the hate is always directed towards the last record.

In short: lets take a chill pill and wait for the record.

What surprised me about the review - especially the second one - is that they left Pendelum of BS! How many gems do they have out there??? (When Pendelum is of course a gem; but listening to the piano/ guitar intro of the trailer, my guess is that it will be.)

I guess that all this anxiety is that PJ should really release some B-sides again.
  • Options
    BenzBenz Posts: 115
    demetrios wrote:
    Thanks!

11. Yellow Moon
    F: It's a slower song, reminded me of Mark Lanegans Bleeding Muddy Water.
    It had a few lyrics with metaphers of the sky & falling stars and stuff.
    Otherwise, for the first listen there's not so much I could write about it.
    C: In the verse it has a odd time signature: 6/8 - 5/8 ... I noted "echo-y vocals" and something like a dark "fairy tale".

I'm betting this one is a Matt Cameron song since it has an odd time signature. That's what he do!

Brandon said in the QA that Eddie had the most songs on the record simply because he had them finished and the others not. He said that he is not 100% sure but thinks Matt has no song on the record.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    cp3iverson wrote:

Im convinced Infallible is that London song that got removed from youtube based on this guy's description.

Agreed
    Yep..Infallible was the london song
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Yeah, I guess there are things to complain about with Rick Rubin. But I think both Neil Young and Pearl Jam should get produced by Rubin (or Reznor)!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Crazy MarTyNCrazy MarTyN Berlin/germany Posts: 41
    Good morning jammers,

a few words about the afternoon in the Ramones Museum yesterday. i think Franzi and cris did a really good job in describing the songs. i wouldn't be able to do this properlly....so thanks again for that!
    my thoughts:

- I love the album but i tell you....it's so fucking hard to hear a new PJ record just for one fucking time and not a single rotation more...THAT'S BRUTAL! CRUELTY!! we all know that you NEED a lot of listens to get the real feeling for the album! oh oh, the next month will be so hard. to be honest...i don't know if it wouldn't be better to hear NOTHING until you have the vinyl in your hands and a record player i front of you. glass of vine, maybe a good friend...yesterday it was my first record release session of a new PJ album without my best friend Alfred (R.I.P.), so I was happy to be able to hear it at least with some other hardcore jammers like Cris, Franzi, becky, Benz and all.
    But on the other hand...there were a lot of people in a small room, mostly german press guys. so these guys have to write a proper review about the album now. It will be hard for them as they had a lot to do with talking and drinking and eating. AND...everybody has to stand (beside me and a few jammers who took the stage), it was quite hot too. But okay...I'm too hard....that were just a few guys but as Becky knows...when Eddie sings EVERBODY HAS TO SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! as i wrote, it was nice to see friends like Cris and Franzi enjoying the songs as i did. they were able to note some stuff for the board, i had to close my eyes as i didn't want to see any bored face who isn't really interested in the album AND i wanted to focus on the music totally.

- about the songs...as they wrote: there are some real catchy tunes like "Sirens" or "Getaway" (love both) but a song like "Yellow Moon".....can i say It's GREAT? or BORING?? i need a second listen, and one more and more and more....but it's at least a GOOD song. the same with others...

- "Pendulum" is KILLER!! One of my favourites!!!! New sound, new darker mood for PJ in my opinion! Doesn't fit on BS but here....perfect!!
    - "Infallible", "Getaway", "Lightning Bolt", "Future Days", "swalloed whole", "My Father's Son" (what a surprising song) :clap::clap::clap:
    - "Sleeping by myself" good alternate version of the song but WHY NOT A B-SIDE??? I just want to hear new songs on a new album. this is no recycling station.
    - totally the album is more mid-tempo (slower?) than backspacer. and it's not "tight" as BS.

- after the first listen: I was more into Backspacer. for me that was easier to get into after one single listen. I remember saying "Yeah, fucking one of their best albums! Love it! yeah yeah yeah!!" not the same this time but a really fucking very good feeling (Oh yeah!!). not a bad feeling. just need more time. We call albums like these a grower.. ;) maybe after many listens i will say "Nah...it's just a "good" album!" but it's still possible that i'll say "That's fucking great!" what i want to say...makes no sense to write to many words about a PJ album we just heard one time or NO time...october is close folks and then we know the truth about OUR opinion. It's music.

Oh hell...that's no review, sorry mates! And sorry for my bad english. But i had the feeling to share some things because i know you want to read some stuff. I really would like to know more about the Q&A with brendan as i had to leave after the listening session for a really really bad job!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

No, i try to calm myself down with some PJ unplugged tunes... 8-)

See you next month to hear this shit live!
    M