Options

Ramones Museum Berlin with Brendan O' Brien 9/3/13

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Nami wrote:
    8zzz.jpg

start a petition to stock in goods? :lol:

man cant wait to hear what people think...
    that was her first post at facebook

"Be prepared for a few really great songs"
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    btw,tomorrow is Amsterdam turn..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,145
    8-)

Im Intrigued

Tell me more ;)
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    8-)

Im Intrigued

Tell me more ;)
    1st review..
    "Sirens is Beautiful, One of my favs " :mrgreen:
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    I really hope Sirens isn't going to be over-hyped.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,145
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    8-)

Im Intrigued

Tell me more ;)
    1st review..

thanks

that will hold me over...for 5 more minutes :lol:
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    8-)

Im Intrigued

Tell me more ;)
    1st review..

thanks

:lol::lol::lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    8-)

Im Intrigued

Tell me more ;)
    1st review..

thanks

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    BenzBenz Posts: 114
    Ok i`ll try to write some thoughts. It`s really impossible to give a real review case after one listen i can never judge a Pearl Jam album. So it might be that after 5 listens i would write the complete opposite. I even might mix up some songs cause like 10 minutes after i heard it i forgot most of it :-)

Getaway:
    - pretty catchy uptempo song. It`s nothing crazy innovative but a great opener for the album i would say. I think the second verse was only voice and drums which was pretty cool. The melody is really catchy and you can sing along after first verse. But yeah it`s a bit - don`t know how to say it but it`s like a mixture of some PJ songs i heard before. So when i heard this i was a bit afraid that they really don`t have anything new to say...

- MYM:
    You know that already. Only think i would say that it`s the fasted song on the record.

- My Fathers Son:
    When it started i remember me saying what is that? That`s not Eddie singing! But it was Eddie :-) First i really thought it`s Stone singing. Might just be because the room was pretty noisy. Other than that i think it was decent but a bit too long. Got a bit bored towards the end.

- Sirens:
    I have to say i did not liked this song very much. I was really disappointed with this one because of all the hype. It`s a pretty (too) radio friendly ballad. Comparing it with Black is a joke too me. It was still interesting the guitars sounded a bit like 80 rock too me. But yeah I think i liked this song the least of all.

- Lighning Bolt:
    I liked it much more than the live version we`ve all heard. I think it might be in my top 4 of this album.

- Infallible:
    Liked this one a lot too! It has a nice Groove. Reminded me a bit of No Way. It`s not like No Way but the way a simple powerfull groove dominates this song just reminded me of it. Don`t remember much more only that i really liked it.

- Pendulum:
    Really nice slow song with a psychedelic touch. Brandon said they recorded this one already for Backspacer but it didn`t made it...

- Swallowed Whole:
    Didn`t really got into this one. It reminded me of something from Into The Wild but one of the more upbeat songs like Setting Forth..

- Let The Records Play:
    Easily one of my favs. Good old school blues rock. Sounded like Black Rebel Motorcycle Club meets Black Keys!
    Really nice can`t wait to hear it again.

- Sleeping By Myself:
    I don`t know... It`s a bit like a joke. It`s not that much different than the Uke version but with a funny groove. Don`t know how to say it but it`s difficult to find a reason why this one should be on the album. It really feels like a joke. Not in a bad way but just like they make fun of themselves or something.

- Yellow Moon
    Don`t know felt it was a bit boring.

- Future Days
    Eddies voice is great but still it`s a bit boring to me.

So all in all i think it`s pretty great but the ending (last 3 songs) for me felt a bit like filler material. Like they had not enough and just put some Eddie solo material at the end. The album is heavy on production. Even more than Backspacer i would say. I have to say i liked it cause that`s what they should do in the studio but i`m sure there will be some people complaining about. So for me it a bit like Backspacer but with more depth and a bit more experimentation.
    Ok that`s it for know. I realize this might not really help people to get an idea of the album. In the end it`s really impossible to say anything after one listen :) And again often the songs i don`t like first become my favorites later and the other way around so don`t take this too serious...
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    8-)

Im Intrigued

Tell me more ;)
    1st review..
    That's a review?? :?
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    Thanks for being honest.
  • Options
    :?
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Options
    Doesn't sound like a postive review. So 1 song off of Ed's uke album and one recorded before Backspacer. It does sound like they are running out of juice, doesn't it. At least the artwork is great.
  • Options
    So is yellow moon a slow song? Mid tempo? A rocker? Same with my fathers son. Are there sweet McCready solos in any songs? Not much details in the descriptions. Length of songs? Did anyone take notes while listening?
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    NeutralMilkHotelNeutralMilkHotel Chicago Posts: 97
    Well, that was certainly not the kind of review I was hoping for. Can we expect anymore reviews soon?
  • Options
    So is yellow moon a slow song? Mid tempo? A rocker? Same with my fathers son. Are there sweet McCready solos in any songs? Not much details in the descriptions. Length of songs? Did anyone take notes while listening?

Yellow Moon is a rather slow song. I think Fathers Son is slow to mid tempo. I haven`t clocked the song length but i think this album is definitely much longer than BS. I have to say it becomes really difficult to remember and i didn`t take notes. I really wanted to but then somehow was to concentrated to listen cause the room was so noisy. I think some others took notes so i hope we get some more detailed reviews from them.
  • Options
    Why was the room so noisy?
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,493
    And now we wait for the bashing of this album by all the naysayers.
    Especially the fact that pendulum is something thy worked in for backspacer. People are gonna freak out about that one. Even though stuff like that happens on every album.

I will judge when I hear it. Im still just as excited.
  • Options
    Especially the fact that pendulum is something thy worked in for backspacer. People are gonna freak out about that one. Even though stuff like that happens on every album.

Yeah you should. I don`t care when Pendulum was recorded cause it`s a great song!
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    Doesn't sound like a postive review. So 1 song off of Ed's uke album and one recorded before Backspacer. It does sound like they are running out of juice, doesn't it. At least the artwork is great.

Many a song has come from past sessions..I'm not concerned about that. I'm more concerned at the lack of excitement and buzz directly after hearing the songs. That said, it's all according to taste I suppose. I recall when I went to a prelistening session for Vitalogy, I wasn't blown away aside from a few songs. Definitely one of my favorites now, if not THE favorite.
  • Options
    what obrian answer?what was the questions?
    thanks
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

Wow, coming on to bash the naysayers already before anything even said?

I'll judge it when I hear it as well as most of us will, but the review of some of the songs has me excited. Looking forward to hearing "Let the records play" now. Same with "Getaway". "Pendulum" sounds promising too.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684

Wow, coming on to bash the naysayers already before anything even said?

I'll judge it when I hear it as well as most of us will, but the review of some of the songs has me excited. Looking forward to hearing "Let the records play" now. Same with "Getaway". "Pendulum" sounds promising too.

Disappointed that there doesn't seem to be much difference beetween Uke songs Sleeping by Myself and PJ version. I like the song, so wasn't really bothered by its inclusion in the track list, but if it is very similar to an already released studio version then what was the point?
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    sward wrote:

Many a song has come from past sessions..I'm not concerned about that. I'm more concerned at the lack of excitement and buzz directly after hearing the songs. That said, it's all according to taste I suppose. I recall when I went to a prelistening session for Vitalogy, I wasn't blown away aside from a few songs. Definitely one of my favorites now, if not THE favorite.

yeah i can say the same for binaural. Cmon Oct 15th....
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Benz wrote:

Yellow Moon is a rather slow song. I think Fathers Son is slow to mid tempo. I haven`t clocked the song length but i think this album is definitely much longer than BS. I have to say it becomes really difficult to remember and i didn`t take notes. I really wanted to but then somehow was to concentrated to listen cause the room was so noisy. I think some others took notes so i hope we get some more detailed reviews from them.
    . OK thanks! Sounds like too many slow songs to me. Definitely wanna hear let the records play based on your description. Sounds like my kind of song! Love bluesy PJ! Wish they did more like this.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    Oh wauw i`m amazed that people think that this was a negative review. I think i heard some clear winners Getaway, Lightning Bolt, Infallible, Pendulum and Let The Records Play. The others i probably have to listen more than just once!
    I think there was not one song i completely disliked. So really even if not all songs catched me right away i went away from the event with a really positive feeling excited to listen to the songs in more detail.
    So to make this fair i should just compare this too my pervious first listens and there for example No Code was a complete disaster and now i love it! I think the only PJ album i liked on first listen start to end was V.S. but yeah this album is from another planet!
  • Options
    Benz ,thanks for put time to let us know!!
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Benz wrote:
    Oh wauw i`m amazed that people think that this was a negative review. I think i heard some clear winners Getaway, Lightning Bolt, Infallible, Pendulum and Let The Records Play. The others i probably have to listen more than just once!
    I think there was not one song i completely disliked. So really even if not all songs catched me right away i went away from the event with a really positive feeling excited to listen to the songs in more detail.
    So to make this fair i should just compare this too my pervious first listens and there for example No Code was a complete disaster and now i love it! I think the only PJ album i liked on first listen start to end was V.S. but yeah this album is from another planet!

no worries. I appreciate your feedback...

always remember to each his/her own and songs sometimes take more than one listen to sink in as you have said.

cheers
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Benz wrote:

Thanks for the review! Really appreciate it.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    Thanks for the review man, waiting for others too!
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018