Who's met the band?? I DID!! CHICAGO

Kilomonkey1979Kilomonkey1979 Posts: 20
edited August 2013 in The Porch
My girl & I where in Chicago for the Wrigley show. I happened to be walking put of our hotel & saw a guy across the street wearing a PJ shit. I asked if they where staying there....(Four Seasons) He said yes, so after chatting with him (or tying to he was pretty pompous) I saw Jeff first walking out of the hotel surrounded by his people. I did take any chances. (I hear he's unapproachable) So I just waved. I next saw Matt walk out with I suppose was his son. He gave him a wad of money & put him in a cab. So I walked up to him & said "Hey JEFF, of shit I mean Matt may I get a picture with you? Sorry I just met Jeff I'm pretty nervous meeting anyone from the band." He whipped his head around & said "Yeah, NO! I'' be out here tomorrow I'm going inside." I felt so bad kind of like when you disappoint your mom & she gives you that look! So after I got over mentally beating myself up Stone walked buy but he also was surrounded by his people. So about 20 minutes later a black SUV pulls up & I noticed a guitar in the window. So I looked a little harder & Mike jumped out while holding his FLYING V he walked right up to me, I mean in my face walked up to me & said "HI!" then he shook my hand very firmly & ran off into the hotel. I thought it was a little strange but meh whatever. Then a white van pulls up & I suppose there families all got out & so I waved to Jill (eddie's wife) she said "oh hello I'd shake your hand but I'm holding my girl." Fare enough. About 10 minutes later a HUGE guy walks out of the hotel with a walkie talkie & said "Yea, I'm out here now, everything's safe I've got 2 fans out front though. (one meaning me) He walked up to me & said" Ed's going to be here in a few minutes so get the fuck across the street. So I ran across the street with the guy who knows "everyone". The second that black SUV pulled up I ran across the street & Eddie got out very slowly surrounded by two HUGE bodyguards. A guy comes running around the corner yelling "Ed, ED remember that time blah blah blah & something crazy stuff about Jeff" Ed said "yes, man its cool man its cool." The two bodyguards scooped him up & dragged him down the street. Here was my chance, my only chance.... Ed saw the guy who knew "everyone" Ed said hey to him & I'll see you back home.... Then I took two steps in towards him & stuck mt hand out & said "How you feel about the WHO is how we feel about you." I have no idea on gods green earth what I said or even why I said it I guess it was nerves. He leaned back to look me up & down said yea, alright man & reached out for my hand & shook it ever so gently almost like you would when you meet the queen of England. Then the two bodyguards grabbed Eddie & pushed him into the hotel. I then ran across the street to where we where staying "The White Hall" & woke my girl up & told her I just met Eddie! She gave me the biggest smile ever in happiness for me & said "That's awesome baby, now I'm going to bed." I still cant believe weeks later that I waited 20 years for 15 seconds of a hand shake & a hello. It was well worth the wait!! I forever will thank my girl for getting me the Wrigley tickets & picking the best hotel location to stay in...... To all my love to her & all the PJ fans who read this..... Thank You!!! :D
7-7-98- New Mexico
4-19-03 Atlanta
7-5 & 6-06 Denver
7-19-13 Wrigley!!
Kilo from Denver :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Haha, that's a pretty fucking funny (and weird) story. I met Stone in nyc. I work in a cigar shop and he came in to buy some smokes for their tour manager. It was cool because he was on my turf so I was the one in control of the situation. Got to tell him I'm a huge fan and we shot the shit about PJ20 for awhile. Then we took a pic. Super nice, down to earth dude. I am awesome.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,784
    Met Ed before his Letterman appearance (solo) he signed my uke cd, met him before his solo show at united palace NYC and talked for a few... He was great both times.

Met Mike before the Tres Mts NYC show... Shook his hand outside the preparty... Real down to earth
  • cmm6734cmm6734 Posts: 569
    I met Ed after one of his solo shows in Houston last year. He chatted with the fans outside Jones Hall and then he left. Really cool guy. Great story!
    40+ shows, it is never enough!
  • I felt awkward just reading that story.

Is Jeff really unapproachable? I wouldn't have guessed that, but now that you mention it, I don't see many stories of people meeting him.
  • why did you feel awkward reading that?
    7-7-98- New Mexico
    4-19-03 Atlanta
    7-5 & 6-06 Denver
    7-19-13 Wrigley!!
    Kilo from Denver :)
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    I felt awkward just reading that story.
    Me too :? But cool you got to say hi to them :)

I like this story :thumbup:
    october22 wrote:
    Haha, that's a pretty fucking funny (and weird) story. I met Stone in nyc. I work in a cigar shop and he came in to buy some smokes for their tour manager. It was cool because he was on my turf so I was the one in control of the situation. Got to tell him I'm a huge fan and we shot the shit about PJ20 for awhile. Then we took a pic. Super nice, down to earth dude. I am awesome.

I think I wouldn't wait outside a hotel for them to come out, but that's just me. By accident "meetings like October 22's are awesome, and I wouldn't mind experiencing something like that one day. But I'd never be out for that. I got to party with Tarantino in my hometown once, which was a fantastic and hilarious experience.
  • I found Jeff as approachable as any member of the band. In 2005, I was walking down to the Bell Centre in Montreal to pick my 10 Club tickets; I was with a friend and my wife. As we are walking down to the arena my friend and I notice Jeff walking straight towards us. We stop to introduce ourselves and he could not have been any more down to earth. He asked where we were from, talked about some of his favorite sights in town, and asked if we were looking forward to hearing any songs. At the show he saw us and gave us a big smile. Just on awesome guy. On a side note, like the OP eluded to, it is remarkable how when you meet Eddie and he shakes your hand, he makes you feel as if you are the only person that matters at that moment. It is great meeting your childhood idols and realizing they are genuine, and truly appreciative people.
    "You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."- Abraham Lincoln
  • jw234911jw234911 Posts: 255
    seen eddie walk out on the street in 2006 or 2008 after DC show there was about 8 people he said a few hi's then got on bus and after his solo show in DC first night or second night I cant remember i was so hammerd for all four great shows. Hope maybe this time around i can run into him and say love you man!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    I've only met Jeff. Met him at the RNDM show last November. Super nice guy.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • PJArtistPJArtist Posts: 542
    Interesting encounter with band. I have to say Eddie and Mike have been most approachable in my experience. My friend and I met Jeff in Missoula, Montana during Tester rally. He was extremely approachable and sweet and we got autographs and photos with him. :mrgreen:
    New Orleans 00/Seattle 02/New Orleans, Houston, Dallas 03/
    Kissimmee 04/Montreal 05/Chicago 06/Gorge 06/Leeds 06/London 07/Lollapalooza 07/EV Chicago 08/EV Santa Barbara 08/Bonnaroo 08/EV @ McCartney NY 09/EV Atlanta 09/Spectrum 09 (4 shows)/Jazz Fest '10/Voices for Justice (EV) 10/Columbus 10/Noblesville 10/EV Sydney, Melbourne 11/EV Philadelphia, Detroit 11/Alpine weekend/Toronto 11 (2 shows)/Made in America 2012/Deluna Fest 2012/Missoula 2012/Brooklyn, Philadelphia, Dallas, OKC, Portland, Spokane, Vancouver, Seattle 2013/Global Citizen/Florida 16/MSG 16/Wrigley 16
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,951
    I did cringe a little reading that.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• belinda27belinda27 Posts: 731
    :thumbup:
    on2legs wrote:
    I did cringe a little reading that.
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    They must get so much of this they become numb for the most part.I get the random meeting in everyday life, at the food store,walking down the street,an event etc.But I always feel like its a paparazzi thing when fans hang in front of hotels and follow them around. little creepy.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    I met Ed and shook his hand in Ft. Lauderdale last year.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • derbydavederbydave Posts: 11,254
    We got to meet Ed & Glen Hansard after the show in Jacksonville!

IMG_4123.jpg

Waited outside by the buses for about an hour...Ed came out and thanked everyone for coming to the shows and apologized for having to reschedule the shows after his injury!
    He said he wasn't going to sign anything...but walked down the line and shook hands with everyone that had waited to greet him:

IMG_5177.jpg

That was a GREAT WEEKEND!!
    :ugeek:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,592
    cool story bro
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    Funny and cool story! I've not met any of them yet, but got to see them all come out of Wrigley after the sound check. All but Stone waved to us. It was so much fun. Ed came running down the barricades waving and putting his hand over his heart. I was so ecstatic to have been there!

Sounds like you had a hell of an experience!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    derbydave wrote:
    We got to meet Ed & Glen Hansard after the show in Jacksonville!

IMG_4123.jpg

Waited outside by the buses for about an hour...Ed came out and thanked everyone for coming to the shows and apologized for having to reschedule the shows after his injury!
    He said he wasn't going to sign anything...but walked down the line and shook hands with everyone that had waited to greet him:

IMG_5177.jpg

That was a GREAT WEEKEND!!
    :ugeek:

Met Ed same way in Tulsa last November. Brother and I waited in that line while he shook everyone's hand and heard what we had to say to him. As he was approaching me (butterflies in the tummy) my stupid little brother leaned over and whispered to me "dare you to squirt Purell in his hand before you shake it!" I started laughing and probably turned around and beat him a little bit! Pesky little brat! I recovered quickly and got to shake Ed's hand and tell him something unremarkable. Nice memorable moment.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • if op isn't trolling, i no longer want to live on this earth
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • I met Eddie after a Into the Wild solo show in Santa Barbara in 2008. I just flew into L.A. that afternoon and made it to the show at Arlington Theatre (amazing venue!). Had nowhere to go so slept in the parking lot in my rental behind the venue. Woke up at 3:00AM and there was Eddies tour bus. There was a small crowd gathered out of probably 20 people. Eddie came out and greeted the crowd, shook hands, etc. and had brief conversations with everybody. I got my poster signed and was on my way.

I just got a Cracker Jack poster from Wrigley, and I'm gifting it to my four month old son. When he's old enough, I'm going to give him a mission of getting it signed. I feel like that would be a great adventure for him. Wish him luck!
    . . . the in between is mine.
  • Jeff unapproachable? Not at all. My husband and kids met him in Chicago the morning of the show. My husband said he was so cool and down to earth. And look...he even got a photo :mrgreen:

[url][/url]9439126815_a6db40324c_n.jpg
    IMG_0689 by angela.burley, on Flickr
    Phoenix 1992
    San Francisco OSL 2009
    New York City MSG 1&2 2010
    EV Santa Barbara 2011
    Alpine Valley 2011
    Philadelphia, Missoula 2012
    EV Las Vegas 1 & 2, Phoenix 2012
    Chicago, Brooklyn, Dallas, OKC, Phoenix, Seattle 2013
    Memphis, Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver, Bridge School 2014
    Porto Alegre, São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro 2015
    Jazz Fest, MSG II, RIDE Fest, Fenway, Wrigley, Ohana 2016
  • Jerome230Jerome230 Posts: 903
    ...& saw a guy across the street wearing a PJ shit.

He must've dug in their toilet for that one, hard to come by!! :lol:
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I've never met anyone. I'd imagine it would depend on the situation in where you met them.
    Stalker-ish outside of their hotel, I'd imagine they'd want to get on their way. Sorry OP.... :lol:
    Random encounter I'd imagine they'd all be cool as shit...as I've heard 1000 times on this board.
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    rr165892 wrote:
    They must get so much of this they become numb for the most part.I get the random meeting in everyday life, at the food store,walking down the street,an event etc.But I always feel like its a paparazzi thing when fans hang in front of hotels and follow them around. little creepy.

Agree. Does seem like paparazzi freaks, hanging around buses at 3am. Weirdos... Will someone please text me next time!!!!!
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,347
    My girl & I where in Chicago for the Wrigley show. I happened to be walking put of our hotel & saw a guy across the street wearing a PJ shit. I asked if they where staying there....(Four Seasons) He said yes, so after chatting with him (or tying to he was pretty pompous) I saw Jeff first walking out of the hotel surrounded by his people. I did take any chances. (I hear he's unapproachable) So I just waved. I next saw Matt walk out with I suppose was his son. He gave him a wad of money & put him in a cab. So I walked up to him & said "Hey JEFF, of shit I mean Matt may I get a picture with you? Sorry I just met Jeff I'm pretty nervous meeting anyone from the band." He whipped his head around & said "Yeah, NO! I'' be out here tomorrow I'm going inside." I felt so bad kind of like when you disappoint your mom & she gives you that look! So after I got over mentally beating myself up Stone walked buy but he also was surrounded by his people. So about 20 minutes later a black SUV pulls up & I noticed a guitar in the window. So I looked a little harder & Mike jumped out while holding his FLYING V he walked right up to me, I mean in my face walked up to me & said "HI!" then he shook my hand very firmly & ran off into the hotel. I thought it was a little strange but meh whatever. Then a white van pulls up & I suppose there families all got out & so I waved to Jill (eddie's wife) she said "oh hello I'd shake your hand but I'm holding my girl." Fare enough. About 10 minutes later a HUGE guy walks out of the hotel with a walkie talkie & said "Yea, I'm out here now, everything's safe I've got 2 fans out front though. (one meaning me) He walked up to me & said" Ed's going to be here in a few minutes so get the fuck across the street. So I ran across the street with the guy who knows "everyone". The second that black SUV pulled up I ran across the street & Eddie got out very slowly surrounded by two HUGE bodyguards. A guy comes running around the corner yelling "Ed, ED remember that time blah blah blah & something crazy stuff about Jeff" Ed said "yes, man its cool man its cool." The two bodyguards scooped him up & dragged him down the street. Here was my chance, my only chance.... Ed saw the guy who knew "everyone" Ed said hey to him & I'll see you back home.... Then I took two steps in towards him & stuck mt hand out & said "How you feel about the WHO is how we feel about you." I have no idea on gods green earth what I said or even why I said it I guess it was nerves. He leaned back to look me up & down said yea, alright man & reached out for my hand & shook it ever so gently almost like you would when you meet the queen of England. Then the two bodyguards grabbed Eddie & pushed him into the hotel. I then ran across the street to where we where staying "The White Hall" & woke my girl up & told her I just met Eddie! She gave me the biggest smile ever in happiness for me & said "That's awesome baby, now I'm going to bed." I still cant believe weeks later that I waited 20 years for 15 seconds of a hand shake & a hello. It was well worth the wait!! I forever will thank my girl for getting me the Wrigley tickets & picking the best hotel location to stay in...... To all my love to her & all the PJ fans who read this..... Thank You!!! :D

We were also at the Whitehall I never new they where there I have met them all several times I was curious did u meet them after the show. I know several times we have waited them out and Eddie stays out so late it has been early in the morning before we have seen them.
  • I met Stone twice, once by accident. I was tying my shoe and bumped into him after a Brad show. I told him I liked the band and he said thanks.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • amw101282amw101282 Posts: 185
    after a brewer game in milwaukee i wandered down to the riverside theater in milwaukee hoping to meet eddie...the show was own half way threw and people were smoking outside...i looked down picked up a program i spotted on the ground and me and my friend strolled in like we owned the place...saw half the show for free...waited by the bus after. finally saw eddie being led out flanked by security...figured forget the autograph, that's not happening...reached through the sea of people and reached out to shake eddie's hand...figured id better hold on to prolong the moment, made eye contact, told em "love ya eddie," he said "thanks" ...it was brief, but still magical...i walked around stunned that i had just met em...eddie knows i exist! yay for that! i also met jeff after one of his rdfm...i think that's the wrong letters...but anyway...raced out there after work...was in a hurry and was too close to a cone on the side of the road...took my mirror off...shit....so i put on rearviewmirror kept driving got there...met em briefly...mainly told em to tell mike how much i appreciate his work with ccfa since i have colitis. he signed my riot act vinyl both the album cover and the book and took a pic with me. i dont really remember much else of what was said even though i walked with him for a while talking. think i might of said sucks the sonics left...but anyway he was real nice. seemed kinda in a hurry...but all in all he was cool.
    {Alpine Valley '03/United Center '06/Summerfest '06 (Both Nights!!)/Alpine Valley '11 (PJ20) (Both Nights!!)/Wrigley Field '13}

"a truant finds home, and a wish to hold on too, he saw the trapdoor in the sun, immortality" PLEASE SUPPORT CCFA!!!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    mfc2006 wrote:
    I've only met Jeff. Met him at the RNDM show last November. Super nice guy.

I met Jeff at the RNDM show too. it was a shitty meeting though. I was drunk and some autograph hounds egged me into going back stage, so he probably was wondering wtf I was doing back there (not that there was anyone to stop me, and he was coming out front anyway), and someone had just stolen Jeff's mask from right under his nose, so he was pissed off... actually, he was in a pissy mood for the whole show, to the point that it wasn't really professional. I know he was really tired right at the end of the tour, but he should have sucked it up. Anyway, I'm sure he's a really nice guy, but if you catch him in a bad mood it sucks. he is very bad at hiding it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • TeeChiTeeChi Posts: 36
    I got to ride an elevator with Ed in 2005 St. Johns Newfoundland... 7 glorious floors...

There was only like one hotel there and the rest small B&B's - at least that I was aware of - so they stayed at the hotel/convention center as did we and we saw Mike in the hotel and he was super cool.

Anyway, I went to the room to get some posters actually for fundraiser and elevator opens up ... and I almost fainted. It was just him too. He had that suitcase of his and a guitar.

God heard two prayers that instant: "Please ... if you were ever to strand me on an elevator... can I cash in now?"

And, "Oh please ... whatever happens, do not let this elevator break down."

Anyway, I had two posters and a pen but did not ask for an autograph. I just asked him the stupidest questions as it seems like many of us do. "Ahh, you headed to do soundcheck?" (Because of the time of the day and he said yeah to which I replied "Far out." Dude I know the dumbest question ever.)

I was singing "Tremor Christ" while I was waiting for the elevator and thought how cool would that be if he heard me and took that as a sign to throw it in the setlist ... thought about asking him to play it, checked myself, and then just talked about St. Johns and how cool it was, etc. We talked about some sites and whatnot. And 7 floors with Eddie Vedder is like 0.237 seconds.

But yeah, he is super cool too. He seemed nervous at first, but I didn't want to bother him in a freaking enclosed elevator. He had to have seen my posters - they were tubeless because I didn't want to carry tubes - and maybe he thought that was alright. I held the door for him so he could grab his stuff and leave, but when he walked out he gave me this look like, "You coming?" So I walked out with him and security began to flank and I just kind of veered off then, but he awarded me with uninterrupted eye contact during the stroll in the lobby. Before we parted I just said, "Hey, Pearl Jam's music and everything you guys do for us the fans means more than I could have explained in seven floors." He smiled and that was it.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    if op isn't trolling, i no longer want to live on this earth

:lol: It's a pretty bizarre story. It doesn't actually sound like a positive experience to me because of all the entourages and security. I just feel bad for the band, having to deal with that kind of shit everywhere they go. And yeah, i agree it's creepy to hang around outside their hotel (not that the OP comes off like one of those people). But the OP seems to think it was a good time, even though it more sounds like the fans were a bit of a nuissance at that moment, so.... Good for him if it made him happy I guess. :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata