Options

Big Day Out 2014– Aust&NZ– Pre-partys, Travel Info&Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    I could definitely be tempted to head to Asia. Haven't been to Indonesia, so that's a bonus.
  • Options
    Hawk JamHawk Jam Melbourne, Australia Posts: 121
    Potentially the dumbest question in this forums history but would you expect PJ tour merchandise as usual or would it be mixed with all the other muppets playing the BDO circuit? :oops:
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Hawk Jam wrote:
    Potentially the dumbest question in this forums history but would you expect PJ tour merchandise as usual or would it be mixed with all the other muppets playing the BDO circuit? :oops:

I saw a photo from the VooDoo festival the other day of the merch tent, it looked like Pearl Jam's stuff was in the same table as NIN. If I recall correctly for the Music Midtown 2012 it was a similar layout, with Pearl Jam's stuff at the same table as Foo Fighters stuff. Obviously I have no idea what BDO is like, but I would think that they will follow the same formula. Headliner swag in one area, non-headliners in another area.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    alivedownunderalivedownunder Melbourne, Australia Posts: 32
    Count me in for Melbourne!
    I've lived all this life like an ocean in disguise
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    Hawk Jam wrote:

BDO usually has a number of merch outlets that sell merch for all bands, as well as BDO branded merch. Same as every other festival i have been to anywhere around the world. I highly doubt there would be separate merch stands. Posters could be an issue, but hopefully if it is worth buying, they are available after the show!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    EmmEmm Posts: 196
    Hi every one ... I think im going to have to bite the bullet and buy a Melbourne ticket ... iv'e never been to BDO (its not my scene) and I have not been able to convince any of my friends to attend with me (a PJ show yes, BDO no :( )
    Can I get some advice from those who have experience, will I need "like a boss" tickets to actually be able to see the guys, or will GA tickets be suffice? ... im a little surprised both tickets are still available tbh .... BUT im only going for PJ so if the LAB tickets mean im sure to see what I came for id sooner spend the extra cash.
    Breath, breathe, engulfing .... Consuming, so beautiful ... Life ...
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    getting excited thinking bout potential setlists we will get
    Post edited by yellowledbetterman80 on
  • Options
    Emm wrote:
    Hi every one ... I think im going to have to bite the bullet and buy a Melbourne ticket ... iv'e never been to BDO (its not my scene) and I have not been able to convince any of my friends to attend with me (a PJ show yes, BDO no :( )
    Can I get some advice from those who have experience, will I need "like a boss" tickets to actually be able to see the guys, or will GA tickets be suffice? ... im a little surprised both tickets are still available tbh .... BUT im only going for PJ so if the LAB tickets mean im sure to see what I came for id sooner spend the extra cash.

hi there
    ok ive never been to bdo either, yet. but from what i hear from previous years "like a boss tix" wont give you best view i believe "boss tix" are set a little way back from stage. I also understand most 10c members have standard tix and we will band together on the day. my suggestion is not to get like a boss tix. hope this is of some help to you.
  • Options
    Excellent! Thank you for that! This thread looks a bit dead ... Are there going to be more details re: the 10c meet up in each state?
  • Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    Emm wrote:
    Excellent! Thank you for that! This thread looks a bit dead ... Are there going to be more details re: the 10c meet up in each state?

Volunteers are needed to help organise events in each state. If you can help in any way, please contact Princess Bulldozer :D
  • Options
    Emm wrote:

Volunteers are needed to help organise events in each state. If you can help in any way, please contact Princess Bulldozer :D

Well I would be happy to help where I can ... im not really a "local" Melbournite though .... so not sure how much help I could be :D
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    Emm wrote:
    Emm wrote:

Well I would be happy to help where I can ... im not really a "local" Melbournite though .... so not sure how much help I could be :D

Happy to have help.
    I have my last exam ever for my undergraduate degree on Wednesday morning, so after that time I will be more available to get the ball rolling on a bunch of stuff.

Don't worry about not knowing anyone, we will all be there and we are all friends and Jamily.
    We look after each other!
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    anyone going to the perth bdo been to or looking at going to freemantle to see the Bon Scott memorial. I plan on visiting this.
  • Options
    Great! well ill wait to hear from you or others soon then ... like I said, happy to help out where I can and keen to meet some new peeps ;)
  • Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    anyone going to the perth bdo been to or looking at going to freemantle to see the Bon Scott memorial. I plan on visiting this.
    Hi Simonster, I'll be at the Perth BDO and live in Perth. You can get to the Bonn Scott memorial statue at Fishing Boat Harbour, Fremantle by train. There is also a memorial gate for Bonn at Fremantle Cemetary on Carrington St - should be fine to get to by bus. I live 10 mins from Fremantle and happy to help out with any bus timetables etc. or if you want a drink or coffee buddy lemme know :)
  • Options
    Hi Simonster, I'll be at the Perth BDO and live in Perth. You can get to the Bonn Scott memorial statue at Fishing Boat Harbour, Fremantle by train. There is also a memorial gate for Bonn at Fremantle Cemetary on Carrington St - should be fine to get to by bus. I live 10 mins from Fremantle and happy to help out with any bus timetables etc. or if you want a drink or coffee buddy lemme know :)
    cheers, thanks for the info. i ll keep this in mind closer to the time :thumbup:
  • Options
    If anyone who plans on doing any travelling around NZ is going to be booking tickets on the KiwiRail Scenic Journeys website, it would be worthwhile to read the "how to buy tickets" section of this: http://www.seat61.com/NewZealand.htm#Christchurch%20-%20Dunedin%20-%20Invercargill

A simple set of instructions just saved me $200. w00t!
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    i guess we will start receiving our tickets soon in the mail or etickets. we should get them by dec 2nd if i remember correctly
  • Options
    Only 2 months till the Auckland show!! YAYY!
    Pearl Jam Pearl Jam Pearl Jam!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Big Day out second lineup announcement on Triple J Tuesday morning on Tom and Alex show.
  • Options
    PrimalPrimal Posts: 41
    It'll be BDO Auckland for me...
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Primal wrote:
    Feel free to come along to the pre-party the day before:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/5135536 ... r=upcoming
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    Primal wrote:

Is there like at time for the pre-party? Or do we just show up whenever?

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    morello wrote:
    Primal wrote:

Show up whenever honey. I'll probably be there from 3ish maybe coz I'll be excited & wantng to get the party started. 8-)
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    [quotupe="lostrocker815"]
    morello wrote:
    Primal wrote:

Show up whenever honey. I'll probably be there from 3ish maybe coz I'll be excited & wantng to get the party started. 8-)[/quote]

Sweeeet. Me and my mum are staying in a hotel just up the road so we'll probably come pretty early. Just heard that Mudhoney are playing a sideshow on the same night at Kings Arms so we'll probably come to the party then go check that out later on. Can't wait!!!

• Options
    morello wrote:
    Show up whenever honey. I'll probably be there from 3ish maybe coz I'll be excited & wantng to get the party started. 8-)

Sweeeet. Me and my mum are staying in a hotel just up the road so we'll probably come pretty early. Just heard that Mudhoney are playing a sideshow on the same night at Kings Arms so we'll probably come to the party then go check that out later on. Can't wait!!!

Cool. Sounds good. Dunno that I'll go to Mudhoney's sideshow with seeing them as the support in the US a few times but drop by Father Ted's before, or on your way or whatever sounds great. :)
    <hr>
  • Options
    After months of procrastination I just bought my Melb BDO ticket ... bit excited now :D
  • Options
    PrimalPrimal Posts: 41
    morello wrote:
    Primal wrote:
    What's the story with the pre-party? I deactivated my evil facebook some time ago... Also not 100% on when I'll be getting to Auckland if it'll be the night before or the day of BDO.
  • Options
    Primal wrote:
    morello wrote:
    Primal wrote:
    What's the story with the pre-party? I deactivated my evil facebook some time ago... Also not 100% on when I'll be getting to Auckland if it'll be the night before or the day of BDO.

Thursday, January 16, 2014
    Father Teds Auckland
    Address
    1 Wellesley Street West
    Auckland, New Zealand 1010
    http://www.fatherteds.co.nz/
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Wow, the lineup keeps getting more odd! :shock: Primus are coming!! I've seen them live twice before but glad to see another great band added. ;) the other bands don't really do much for me personally.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014