Options

Big Day Out 2014– Aust&NZ– Pre-partys, Travel Info&Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    Blur cancelling is certainly going to annoy a lot of their fans!

Sorry to fans of Blur, but I hope that PJ end up playing a longer set because of this!
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Emm wrote:
    Can i ask where this has been made official??
    no :lol: just kidding

https://www.facebook.com/blur/posts/10152395694915744

blur fb page
    Wow abd they are making no secret about it being the fault of the organisers.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    duska3419 wrote:
    Emm wrote:
    Can i ask where this has been made official??
    no :lol: just kidding

https://www.facebook.com/blur/posts/10152395694915744

blur fb page
    Wow abd they are making no secret about it being the fault of the organisers.
    thats what i noticed, im looking forward to see what bdo organisers response wil be
  • Options
    all we can hope for is a longer PJ set as some sort of silver lining in what is a total embarrassment for BDO management.

(we told you, pearl jam. BDO is a shit festival).
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 564
    I hope they can the whole thing and PJ do their own tour with Mudhoney.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    To be honest I'm kind of hoping that the whole festival is cancelled and that Pearl Jam come here for a proper tour at a later date next year. Of course that wouldn't be fair for all the people who have booked and paid for airfares etc. but I''m still half sick at the thought of having to go to BDO just to see PJ.
  • Options
    EmmEmm Posts: 196
    all we can hope for is a longer PJ set as some sort of silver lining in what is a total embarrassment for BDO management.

(we told you, pearl jam. BDO is a shit festival).

Hmmmmm ... sad but true!

Thanks for the links ... will be watching to see what the organisers response to this will be
    Breath, breathe, engulfing .... Consuming, so beautiful ... Life ...
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    That fucking sucks ... But omg.. Nothing stopping a full long 3 hour pj set! Plus less ppl.
  • Options
    doompony wrote:
    Plus less ppl.

less bands too
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    The CEO of the BDO, Adam Zammit retweeted this comment from another twitter user:

"@AdamZammit No need to replace Blur. @Pearljam are pulling out 3+ hour sets in USA - I was at Brooklyn. Get them to do their real full set".

It would be awesome if Zammit could arrange for PJ to have a full set :).
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

• Options
    -Emma- wrote:
    The CEO of the BDO, Adam Zammit retweeted this comment from another twitter user:

"@AdamZammit No need to replace Blur. @Pearljam are pulling out 3+ hour sets in USA - I was at Brooklyn. Get them to do their real full set".

That was me he retweeted. :)
  • Options
    -Emma- wrote:

Well thats a bit exciting .... lets hope he follows that up!
  • Options
    -Emma- wrote:

That's cool! Hopefully your tweet will encourage him to do just that! :)

• Options
    Fuck yeah!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    -Emma- wrote:

That's brilliant - let's all start a Twitter campaign to give pearl jam blur's time slot. Who else from BDO should we tweet at?
    Though if blur wanted to be the last ones on I kinda wonder if pearl jam's habit of playing long sets over their allotted time might not have had something to do with why blur was having issues with the organisers. :?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,945
    just read about Blur pulling out, little surprsied. Wonder who's gonna replace them?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    -Emma- wrote:

:clap: just saw that and retweeted it! :)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    So bdo organisers have just said they are looking for a replacement for Blur and they will let us know soon. Dont bother with a replacement i say
  • Options
    So bdo organisers have just said they are looking for a replacement for Blur and they will let us know soon. Dont bother with a replacement i say

I'd only settle for Soundgarden, The Foos or RHCP
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    E.K wrote:

Your other option being what?
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    Blur wanted to swap spots with Arcade Fire, to play before PJ on the mainstages. They were difficult to deal with, even for BDO who has been dealing with big and sometimes difficult bands for over 20yrs.

The Replacements would be good replacement, LOL. But I hope The Flaming Lips get the gig. Makes sense, with Tame Impala on the tour, and them being chummy at the moment. Or a Crowded House/Finn brothers gig. Or a Silverchair reunion, being in Australia where they are big enough to pull it off.
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    E.K wrote:

Your other option being what?

No replacement .. and PJ does a longer set. :)
  • Options
    Ty wrote:
    Blur wanted to swap spots with Arcade Fire, to play before PJ on the mainstages. They were difficult to deal with, even for BDO who has been dealing with big and sometimes difficult bands for over 20yrs.

The Replacements would be good replacement, LOL. But I hope The Flaming Lips get the gig. Makes sense, with Tame Impala on the tour, and them being chummy at the moment. Or a Crowded House/Finn brothers gig. Or a Silverchair reunion, being in Australia where they are big enough to pull it off.

If they had to replace Blur then ^^ would be terrific! But honestly ... I just hope they let PJ play longer ... would almost make up for no side shows :)
  • Options
    Ty wrote:

Where did you read that, Ty?
  • Options
    CANCEL ALL THE OTHER ACTS I SAY! :twisted:
  • Options
    doompony wrote:
    CANCEL ALL THE OTHER ACTS I SAY! :twisted:

Good thinking, girl. Or just keep Mudhoney as support act. :)
  • Options
    TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUR?
  • Options
    I'm gonna bug the BDO people about a longer PJ set on twitter until they respond or announce another band
    Pearl Jam Pearl Jam Pearl Jam!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
  • Options
    Got a response already

I asked - @iamnotshouting is a longer set for Pearl Jam possible now that Blur have pulled out? A lot of people think that would be a great idea!

And the response- AJ ‏@iamnotshouting
    @AshleeGrigg It is a possbility, but it will be up to the band.
    Pearl Jam Pearl Jam Pearl Jam!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
  • Options
    Got a response already

I asked - @iamnotshouting is a longer set for Pearl Jam possible now that Blur have pulled out? A lot of people think that would be a great idea!

And the response- AJ ‏@iamnotshouting
    @AshleeGrigg It is a possbility, but it will be up to the band.

:D:clap: we can only hope they approach PJ and the answer is Of COURSE!