Options

Ron English x Pearl Jam ON SALE NOW!!!

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,934
    Some dude over on Facebook said these were $180 bucks?
    How when the flyer said $10 bucks.

rHPYtbN.jpg?1
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890
    demetrios wrote:

rHPYtbN.jpg?1

Maybe the 8 was accidentally included? :? :lol:
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    RKCNDY wrote:
    pearl%2Bjam%2Bron%2Benglish.jpg

I don't need a toy of the poster...
    Seriously PJ.... Mudhoney in Vancouver AGAIN?! :fp:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    The more I think about this item, the dumber it becomes to me. :fp: Seriously, these things are kind of shameful. :nono:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

rHPYtbN.jpg?1
    $180 for a box of 12

(They're $15/each at the merch stands)
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    so $15 each for sure? yet the adverts say $10....

confusing but that makes more sense with the box being $180 for 12, does a box guarantee a full set?
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,481
    pdalowsky wrote:

confusing but that makes more sense with the box being $180 for 12, does a box guarantee a full set?

definitely $15 at the merch booth
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

Buying a full box does not guarantee a full set

On the back of each individual box is the odds for getting each sheep, respectively. The jet black one is the rarest, I believe...
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    The more I think about this item, the dumber it becomes to me. :fp: Seriously, these things are kind of shameful. :nono:

I don't understand why it's shameful. I'm not disagreeing with your dumber sentiment, but if folks want everything and anything that's somehow no matter how tangentially related to PJ, then so be it. I don't really see the connection to PJ other than they are helping a (presumably) good friend out by "endorsing" his product. Maybe, there's some deeper connection like Jeff picked the colors or Stone individually named each one, but even that seems to be a stretch creatively.

They have a friend who's an artist, so why not help him out by taking advantage of us freaks? As with most (but not all) things, anyone who buys this does so willingly. And if PJ can help out a good friend, why not? It's an endorsement and nothing more. At least it's not creating a culture where kids think they need to "buy" $200 sneakers (or the like) to be part of the crowd (THAT's shameful).

My favorite part of this thing though is the randomness of it - that they pick 1 color to make less available, then make the packaging blinded. What's the point of that? Forcing folks to buy more just to get the complete collection? I realize that's not only not uncommon, but the standard practice. But, that sort of thing always turned me off. Just make the unique one more expensive, and be done with it (like the poster racket). Because in effect that is what you are doing anyway.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I don't understand why it's shameful. I'm not disagreeing with your dumber sentiment, but if folks want everything and anything that's somehow no matter how tangentially related to PJ, then so be it. I don't really see the connection to PJ other than they are helping a (presumably) good friend out by "endorsing" his product. Maybe, there's some deeper connection like Jeff picked the colors or Stone individually named each one, but even that seems to be a stretch creatively.

They have a friend who's an artist, so why not help him out by taking advantage of us freaks? As with most (but not all) things, anyone who buys this does so willingly. And if PJ can help out a good friend, why not? It's an endorsement and nothing more. At least it's not creating a culture where kids think they need to "buy" $200 sneakers (or the like) to be part of the crowd (THAT's shameful).

My favorite part of this thing though is the randomness of it - that they pick 1 color to make less available, then make the packaging blinded. What's the point of that? Forcing folks to buy more just to get the complete collection? I realize that's not only not uncommon, but the standard practice. But, that sort of thing always turned me off. Just make the unique one more expensive, and be done with it (like the poster racket). Because in effect that is what you are doing anyway.
    I really didn't put as much thought into my comment as you did. :lol: I just said it's shameful because I find the whole thing kind of pathetic. I get a potpourri-like wiff of money grubbing, bad, tacky art, poor spending habits, and hoard-collecting tendencies. Next PJ merch hook: beanie babies... not of the band or anything. Just random beanie babies sold at PJ merch stands. Collect them all! :lol:
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    BLACK35 wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Yep, $15. The box is glued shut, and inside there's sealed foil packaging so for all you crazies out there (I may or may not be one of them), you'll either have sealed sheep and you won't know which one, or you'll have to open the packaging to figure out what you have. The foil says Pearl Jam on it and I think the sheep has Pearl Jam written on his foot.

I clearly have not opened mine yet.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Buying a full box does not guarantee a full set
    Ruh roh. Did someone buy a full box? lol
  • Options
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Yep, $15. The box is glued shut, and inside there's sealed foil packaging so for all you crazies out there (I may or may not be one of them), you'll either have sealed sheep and you won't know which one, or you'll have to open the packaging to figure out what you have. The foil says Pearl Jam on it and I think the sheep has Pearl Jam written on his foot.

I clearly have not opened mine yet.

What does the box look like?
    1996: Seattle, WA.
    1997: Oakland, CA - (Rolling Stones)
    1998: Portland, OR. & Seattle, WA.
    2009: Portland, OR.
    2011: East Troy, WI. 1 & 2 - PJ20 & Portland, OR. - Ed Solo
    2012: Dallas, TX. - Ed Solo
    2013: Dallas, TX. Oklahoma City, OK. & Portland, OR.
    2014: Tulsa, OK
    2015: Seattle WA. - Mad Season
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Miami, FL. & Chicago, IL - Wrigley 1
    2017: Dana Point - Ohana Fest - Ed Solo
    2018: Seattle WA. 1 & 2 - Safeco
    2021: Dana Point - Ohana Fest 1st Weekend & Night 1 & 2 - Ed Solo,
    2022: Louisville, St Louis
  • Options
    Website sale is Low in Stock now ..

*edit .. out of stock now ..
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    Wow. I already got my 7 Falla Sheep in the mail today (ordered yesterday afternoon!)

At least my expensive shipping went towards quick delivery!
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    I love these kind of things but these are just ugly IMO. They should team up with Frank Kozik and do a blind box set of "Smorkin Labbits" they are way cooler looking and I would buy them until I had every one.

http://www.kidrobot.com/ShopAll/Brands/Labbit/
  • Options
    Wow. I already got my 7 Falla Sheep in the mail today (ordered yesterday afternoon!)

At least my expensive shipping went towards quick delivery!

Whoa! :shock:

You must be living in the same city where the packages were shipped out from?
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Hideous.... :roll:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Im convinced these are a joke, designed only to put to the test:

"They'll buy anything"
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    RiotZact wrote:
    I love these kind of things but these are just ugly IMO. They should team up with Frank Kozik and do a blind box set of "Smorkin Labbits" they are way cooler looking and I would buy them until I had every one.

team up with Brad and Ames and do a classic Pj figures series,

imagine it

easy street monster
    ames boy
    reaper
    dusseldorf soldier

etc
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    please dont.

then I will have to buy, and my house will resemble Comic Book Nerd's
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

imagine it

easy street monster
    ames boy
    reaper
    dusseldorf soldier

etc
    Oh. My.

These would be AMAZING
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Im convinced these are a joke, designed only to put to the test:

"They'll buy anything"
    This has to be true. Someone somewhere won a bet.
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

imagine it

easy street monster
    ames boy
    reaper
    dusseldorf soldier

etc

Imagine? :shock:

Iffem_shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
  • Options
    So how are these coming along?

Anyone complete the set already? I'm still looking for the last 3 sheep's, that's listed on the box. The black sheep & the two holding the pink & red guns.
  • Options
    Ron English x Pearl Jam - Falla Sheep Blind Box@ https://shop.cluttermagazine.com/art-to ... -blind-box
  • Options
    Buy them now @ the 10club store .. http://pearljam.com/goods/product_info. ... ts_id=2131

:)