My Chicago Diary

124»

Comments

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,082
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Speaking of talented hugging, Gimmesometruth27 gave me a damned good one. :lol:
    awww shucks.... :oops:

i can't let it be known that i am actually a pretty big softie in person...

but thank you, that was very sweet. it was nice to finally meet you :)

by the time i met you friday my catchphrase had become "come in for the real thing!!" followed by a big old bearhug, as dozens of people could attest..

i got a lot of practice at sluggers thursday night :lol:
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol:

He sure is one good hugger!!!
    ok everyone gets a free hug next time.

:lol:

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Mamasan, so is your liver in a bucket on ice somewhere? :lol: Or did it get a headstone? I can see it now:

"This poor old liver worked hard and died early. ????-2013. Thanks Eddie."

Great stories though! :D

:nono: tsk tsk tsk JP...you know me better than that!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    It really was amazing meeting you and everyone! I think at one point I spontaneously yelled "this is just so fuckin' fun!!!!" It's one thing to know folks here, but to put the names to the faces and the personalities is so satisfying! And seeing those I'd already met before was great too of course. Shannon, you really did squak when DS came in! :lol: I never took that term literally, but it's really true! :lol:

I should apologize to all for becoming obsessed with the temperature at that party... I don't normally do that, but i seriously couldn't help it! At one point I actually swooned! But still, it was all good... Super memorable time.

Awww so awesome!! Definitely a highlight for me was finally getting to meet you hun! Sorry it was so sweaty and gross in there...just too many people I guess :lol: I think I may have scared DS with the squawk :? :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    kw18 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    It really was amazing meeting you and everyone! I think at one point I spontaneously yelled "this is just so fuckin' fun!!!!" It's one thing to know folks here, but to put the names to the faces and the personalities is so satisfying! And seeing those I'd already met before was great too of course. Shannon, you really did squak when DS came in! :lol: I never took that term literally, but it's really true! :lol:

I should apologize to all for becoming obsessed with the temperature at that party... I don't normally do that, but i seriously couldn't help it! At one point I actually swooned! But still, it was all good... Super memorable time.

I regularly swoon. It's good exercise.

Please, not on the couch where im sleeping.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    No hug is complete until you feel the other party trying to squirm out of it. then give it another 8 seconds :D
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    Caveeze wrote:
    No hug is complete until you feel the other party trying to squirm out of it. then give it another 8 seconds :D
    they say the one that doesn't run away is the keeper...

Caveeze wrote:
    Runners get tackled :lol:
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    Caveeze wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:
    Runners get tackled :lol:
    yep...

:lol::lol:

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Sorry it was so sweaty and gross in there...just too many people I guess :lol:

sounds dirty....
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

sounds dirty....

I've seen a movie like that once.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

sounds dirty....

I was in a movie like that once.

fixed.. Hey buddy :wave:
    Caveeze wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

sounds dirty....

Hey hey!
    Caveeze wrote:

Hey hey!

we should all meet at Sluggers every July..
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    kw18 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

:lol: :shifty:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    kw18 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Too late. :shifty: ;) :wave:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

Too late. :shifty: ;) :wave:

Sharing is caring.
    Caveeze wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

Hey hey!

we should all meet at Sluggers every July..

This is George Clooney approved.