Options

***PITTSBURGH 10/11 ROLL CALL***

Comments

• Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    FitPearl wrote:
    fanch75 wrote:
    I will be there. Don't know where I will be sitting, I have 10C tickets. I hope they don't play any riot act and all of YIELD.

wanna share your 10c# and RS/BA with us?! :D

Sure. Reserved, 283xxx. Member since 11/2002.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    grjammer wrote:
    are there any good local breweries (that serve food) near the arena?

I'm somewhat of a local as I live about 70 miles away. There isn't much in the immediate area (strange, I know). Three is a dive called The Souper Bowl that is a local icon. Otherwise, you have TGIF's and a few hotel restaurants and that's it. If you're willing to walk several blocks there is more.

You absolutely have to go to the original Primanti Brothers in the Strip District. Huge sandwiches, beer, and dudes with gnarly mustaches. I will come up with other ideas closer to the gig.
  • Options
    hm210980hm210980 Posts: 90
    edited August 2013
    Coming from Chicago....I'm In.....

Public Tix
    Post edited by hm210980 on
    7/8/95(Summerfest),6/29/98(Chicago),10/8/00(Alpine),4/18/03(Nashville),6/18/03(Chicago),6/21/03(Alpine),6/22/03(Indy),5/16/06(Chicago),5/17/06(Chicago),6/29/06(Summerfest),6/30/06(Summerfest),8/23/09(Chicago),8/24/09(Chicago),5/1/10(New Orleans),5/4/10(St.Louis),5/6/10(Columbus),5/7/10(Indy),5/20/10(New York)5/21/10(New York),9/3/11(Alpine), 9/4/11(Alpine)
  • Options
    FitPearlFitPearl Posts: 744
    hm210980 wrote:
    Coming from Chicago....I'm In.....

Public tix?
    RS/GA 10c # ?! ;)
    "Pearl Jam are not just a band, they are a choice, and if you make that choice, you become one of the few lucky people on this planet to have your life enriched by the greatest gift that music ever gave" -- substitute

To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy

Pearl Jam is the Boxer. We're just happy to be the bag -- Aaron Cunningham,Fanviews '98
  • Options
    greene1dagreene1da Posts: 30
    I'm so pumped...I managed to score tix for my wife and I through ticketmaster section 109!!

Even though we're long time fans, but I'm a short time 10c member...This will be our first show ever and I can't wait!
    493###

Looking forward to any pre-parties there are and soaking this experience up.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Nice to see that Pittsburgh looks like it is 99% sold out
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    mattbel123mattbel123 Posts: 130
    I'll be there. Section 115 Row X, public sale. Total Nightmare but that's another story. Can't wait.
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,750
    GA for me. Can't wait! Although I'm thinking of starting a petition to ban "Here we go Stillers" chants....
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    I have a nice little story. I wasn't planning on going to this show, I already went to Wrigley and planned on Charlotte. I just moved to Atlanta from Columbus, OH. I don't have the funds or time anymore to go to 4+ shows per tour like I used to.

Anyway....

About two weeks before the tour was announced, my wife suggested that we fly back to Ohio to visit family. As dumb luck would have it, she chose the weekend of Oct 11, because our kids have the following M&T off school. So the tour is announced, and sure enough, Pittsburgh is that weekend. Even better, my best PJ touring buddy lives in Pittsburgh, and my other PJ touring budding lives in Columbus, and they got tickets via the lottery. So, now I have a ride to Pittsburgh from C-bus, and a place to stay for free at my buddy's house. And to top off this wonderful tale of good fortune, I was able to score a lower level seat through TM.

Now I just have to grow out the stache and mullet, and I'll be rocking with yinz!
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    To the OP:

Would it be possible to put an * by peoples names or add a 2nd column to those that are also going to Buffalo? I saw some other threads that grouped 2 or 3 close together shows to see who was all traveling.

I don't want to just start another thread and disrupt all of the good hard work you have put into this one (& I'm not planning on it).
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    jason_94 wrote:
    To the OP:

Would it be possible to put an * by peoples names or add a 2nd column to those that are also going to Buffalo? I saw some other threads that grouped 2 or 3 close together shows to see who was all traveling.

I don't want to just start another thread and disrupt all of the good hard work you have put into this one (& I'm not planning on it).

hum in fact, I started the Buffalo Roll Call already...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=211865

But I guess i can make something up... But It might take me few days. ;)

I also thought about adding the section/row for public tix...

what you all think?!
    "Pearl Jam are not just a band, they are a choice, and if you make that choice, you become one of the few lucky people on this planet to have your life enriched by the greatest gift that music ever gave" -- substitute

To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy

Pearl Jam is the Boxer. We're just happy to be the bag -- Aaron Cunningham,Fanviews '98
  • Options
    I have a nice little story. I wasn't planning on going to this show, I already went to Wrigley and planned on Charlotte. I just moved to Atlanta from Columbus, OH. I don't have the funds or time anymore to go to 4+ shows per tour like I used to.

Anyway....

About two weeks before the tour was announced, my wife suggested that we fly back to Ohio to visit family. As dumb luck would have it, she chose the weekend of Oct 11, because our kids have the following M&T off school. So the tour is announced, and sure enough, Pittsburgh is that weekend. Even better, my best PJ touring buddy lives in Pittsburgh, and my other PJ touring budding lives in Columbus, and they got tickets via the lottery. So, now I have a ride to Pittsburgh from C-bus, and a place to stay for free at my buddy's house. And to top off this wonderful tale of good fortune, I was able to score a lower level seat through TM.

Now I just have to grow out the stache and mullet, and I'll be rocking with yinz!

YYYEAHHHHHHH! :mrgreen:

Can't wait to see that stach and mullet! :lol:

• Options
    inmytree1380inmytree1380 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Posts: 155
    grjammer wrote:

Downtown Pittsburgh is odd and unlike a lot of major cities. There is very little to do and not too many good places to eat and drink in the immediate downtown area. The Cultural District (around the theatres) and Market Square (down the street from Cultural District) are getting better and have some really great places (two tap houses, a martini bar, and a few good restaurants near the Cultural District and Market Square has some really great restaurants (Winghart's, Acme Oyster House, and Primanti Bros.).

However, if you're willing to drive 10 minutes from the venue, South Side is where it's at for good beer and good food. East Carson Street on the South Side of town is about 27 blocks of nothing but bars, restaurants, and shops.

If you're looking for good local brew, head to Fat Head's on 18th and Carson. Great sandwiches and great beer. I recommend the Sweet MB (kielbasi, sauerkraut, garlic parm mayo, salami, and tomato).

Also, if you're making the trip from Pittsburgh to Buffalo, stop by the North Country Brewery in Slippery Rock, PA. My all-time favorite restaurant. It's halfway between Pittsburgh and Erie on I-79...you will pass it on your way to the Saturday show.
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2003: Pittsburgh
    2004: Toledo
    2005: Pittsburgh
    2006: Cleveland, Pittsburgh
    2008: D.C.
    2009: Toronto, Philly IV
    2010: Cleveland
    2011: East Troy I & II
    2013: Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Baltimore
    2014: Austin I
    2016: Fort Lauderdale, Hampton, Philly II, Chicago II
  • Options
    MattbillzMattbillz Posts: 64
    454xxx Reserved
  • Options
    dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KY Posts: 785
    295xxx

GA tix - bringing a PJ rookie with me.
  • Options
    rossetmjrossetmj Posts: 4
    278*** Scored GA.
    1st Choice
    Also bringing a rookie.
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    grjammer wrote:

I'm somewhat of a local as I live about 70 miles away. There isn't much in the immediate area (strange, I know). Three is a dive called The Souper Bowl that is a local icon. Otherwise, you have TGIF's and a few hotel restaurants and that's it. If you're willing to walk several blocks there is more.

You absolutely have to go to the original Primanti Brothers in the Strip District. Huge sandwiches, beer, and dudes with gnarly mustaches. I will come up with other ideas closer to the gig.

The pre-party/fundraiser is at TGIF's. There is a Facebook group for it.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1937540 ... l_activity
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    fanch75 wrote:
    grjammer wrote:

The pre-party/fundraiser is at TGIF's. There is a Facebook group for it.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1937540 ... l_activity

I forgot to add it in my original post!

Tomorrow, I'll update it all! :D

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
    looking for 1 Pitt GA for a friend .
    she has 1 hartford 10c res, 1 pitt res (section 210) for trade or just cash
    pm me
    thanks
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    jg341jg341 Detroit, MI Posts: 20
    Public 486xxx
    Left the porch
  • Options
    AndyVanSlykeAndyVanSlyke Posts: 183
    5365d404-4988-4869-8405-62464e9546b0_zps8fa11338.jpg

After yesterday's wins, I'm starting to think this logo is going to relevant come 10/11!!
    Pittsburgh 2003/Pittsburgh 2006/Outside Lands 2009/Bridge School 2010/Pittsburgh 2013
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886

After yesterday's wins, I'm starting to think this logo is going to relevant come 10/11!!

I hope so. :D
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options

I hate all of Pittsburgh's teams but kudos to you & your Buccos, my Pirate friend. With your username, I know that you are no fairweather Pirate fan.
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    That shirt is sweet, I don't like the pirates but I would wear it to the concert
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    VeddermbVeddermb Posts: 381
    10C # 369XXX - got shut out, had to go through TM - had to settle for S233 (Side View) - all good though, part of a mini road trip with Buffalo the next night where we have 10C tickets
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    jason_94 wrote:
    To the OP:

EDIT

got my answer ;)
    Post edited by FitPearl on

• Options
    jened10jened10 Posts: 170
    Thank you for the edit to the OP, FitPearl! That's awesome of you to add our requests...thanks for your hard work. :D
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    edited July 2013
    apparently I am also going to Pittsburgh

got tickets in the general sale, but my number is 404...something

and also Buffalo and both Philly shows
    Post edited by rick1zoo2 on
  • Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558

who is this baseball team and what have they done with the true Pirates?! 23 games over .500!
  • Options
    THERE!!!