Options

VANCOUVER roll call

Comments

• Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    smanchac1 wrote:
    Just arrived in Vancouver :)

After a two hour integration from Canadian customs... Feeling a little bummed out. Ready to get some rest and get ready for tomorrow!

Can't wait for the shows! Ill post a pic of our sign a little later tonight :)

Great picture you guys!

Less than 3 days!

Anyone flying into Vancouver be prepared for a totally random interrogation. They were treating everyone in that room like they were convicted felons, or prisoners.

We waited through the line, was moved to another line, had people being chosen out of that line, behind us, and no explanation. No reason for being chosen, not even being told we were chosen. The lady near the airport exit said go to A, and we said what? And she's like go to A! And A was the immigration and security check point.

It sucked. Really put a damper on our trip. We were at the airport for almost 2 hours, took a 5 hour flight, 30 min to unload, walk across the airport, wait in the initial security line, waited in baggage claim... And right as we are free we get stuck in there for 2 more hours. Ridiculous. EVeryone there was either immigrating, was foreign, or had 6-7 suitcases. We were the only normal looking people. I really feel I was chosen because I have a beard and long hair. Total bullshit.

Going to sleep it off and get ready to rock!!

And ill be glad to back in the USA. Jesus I never thought I'd be saying that!!
  • Options
    smanchac1 wrote:
    smanchac1 wrote:

After a two hour integration from Canadian customs... Feeling a little bummed out. Ready to get some rest and get ready for tomorrow!

Great picture you guys!

Less than 3 days!

Anyone flying into Vancouver be prepared for a totally random interrogation. They were treating everyone in that room like they were convicted felons, or prisoners.

We waited through the line, was moved to another line, had people being chosen out of that line, behind us, and no explanation. No reason for being chosen, not even being told we were chosen. The lady near the airport exit said go to A, and we said what? And she's like go to A! And A was the immigration and security check point.

It sucked. Really put a damper on our trip. We were at the airport for almost 2 hours, took a 5 hour flight, 30 min to unload, walk across the airport, wait in the initial security line, waited in baggage claim... And right as we are free we get stuck in there for 2 more hours. Ridiculous. EVeryone there was either immigrating, was foreign, or had 6-7 suitcases. We were the only normal looking people. I really feel I was chosen because I have a beard and long hair. Total bullshit.

That's crazy!!! Really sorry to hear that. You'll shake it off tomorrow, better days ahead.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,773
    One more sleep, so excited I can't even explain it. Can't wait to rock it out so hard at my first show before heading on to Seattle.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    smanchac1 wrote:
    smanchac1 wrote:

Great picture you guys!

Less than 3 days!

that sucks man. Canada customs just doing their job unfortunately. YVR is a huge hub for immigrants and overseas travellers so if your US arrival gets in the same time as some overseas flights you can get delayed (even as a returning Canadian).

As a Canadian got the same random crap from US customs on the way to a convention in Vegas. Only time i have ever been interrogated. their job is to make you feel like a criminal!

Just the way it is unfortunately...
    IF NOTHING IS EVERYTHING, I'LL HAVE IT ALL.

Vancouver 2003
    EV Vancouver 2008
    Winnipeg & Saskatoon 2011
    Wrigley July 2013
    Vancouver & Seattle 2013
    Tulsa, Lincoln & St. Paul 2014
    Mexico City 2015
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Wrigley 1 & 2 2016
    Seattle TOTD 1 & 2 2016 
    London 1, Cancelled / Boarderline, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2 2018
    Ohana 2019 
  • Options
    Crew arrived safely a few hours ago from Calgary.
    There's a lot to be said for nowhere...
  • Options
    jvoorheesjvoorhees Langley, BC Posts: 199
    So so so so stoked for the show tomorrow night... feels like Christmas Eve!!! :D

Speaking of customs... yeah they are just doing their job... Ive heard/seen the same thing happen with Canadians going into the US... my wife for example was "kicked" out of the US :D She was headed back to New York (which she lived in for 2 years) Dec 31, 2001 after coming home for a couple weeks for Christmas... made it on a flight from Vancouver to Toronto... then went to make the connection from Toronto to New York... got pulled into a room and was interrogated for 4 hours by US Customs... they never said why... but they would not allow her back into the US?? And my wife is the farthest thing from a terrorist looking woman :D Like 5'1" 100lbs caucasian... not scary looking at all :D And she has no criminal record and never had any run ins with the law either :D

Anyways back on topic..... PEARL JAM TOMORROW!!!!!!
    05/11/2000, Vancouver, BC
    05/30/2003, Vancouver, BC
    09/01/2005, The Gorge
    09/02/2005, Vancouver, BC
    07/22/2006, The Gorge
    09/25/2009, Vancouver, BC
    09/25/2011, Vancouver, BC
    12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC
    12/06/2013, Seattle, WA
  • Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 799
    Happy PJ Eve!!! I can't wait...see you all in GA!
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    smanchac1 wrote:
    smanchac1 wrote:

Great picture you guys!

Less than 3 days!

Sorry you're bummed, but yeah, our customs are strict, and actually that's just fine with me! They pick people for further interrogation randomly sometimes. Don't take it personally. A LOT of smugglers (of all kinds of things) come into Vancouver, and a LOT of people seeking to work without a work visa come to Vancouver too, so they can be a bit hard core. I'm surprise you are so unhappy about our country because of it! It's boarder patrol, not Canada! That is the only place you'll run intk anything like that! BTW, US customs treats Canadians the same way if not worse. No difference at all. You don't get it from them because you're an american citizen.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Sorry you're bummed, but yeah, our customs are strict.

When I crossed over into Ontario for the London show all I had to do was name three PJ albums (and I recited them all from Ten to Backspacer), and then told them the date Lightning Bolt was to be released when they asked.

Some strict folks there :). Must have run into a PJ fan.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Sorry you're bummed, but yeah, our customs are strict.

When I crossed over into Ontario for the London show all I had to do was name three PJ albums (and I recited them all from Ten to Backspacer), and then told them the date Lightning Bolt was to be released when they asked.

Some strict folks there :). Must have run into a PJ fan.
    :lol: The Vancouver airport is particularly strict because it's a major hub for illegals coming in and international smugglers. Most of the land crossings aren't bad at all.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    smanchac1 wrote:
    smanchac1 wrote:

Great picture you guys!

Less than 3 days!

Sorry you're bummed, but yeah, our customs are strict, and actually that's just fine with me! They pick people for further interrogation randomly sometimes. Don't take it personally. A LOT of smugglers (of all kinds of things) come into Vancouver, and a LOT of people seeking to work without a work visa come to Vancouver too, so they can be a bit hard core. I'm surprise you are so unhappy about our country because of it! It's boarder patrol, not Canada! That is the only place you'll run intk anything like that! BTW, US customs treats Canadians the same way if not worse. No difference at all. You don't get it from them because you're an american citizen.

Hey

Not down on Canada. Love Canada!

Just an extremely long day. When your ten steps from the door outside the airport, after 7-8 hours of being in a plane, other airport, cab etc... It just made a Long day longer.

Already napped and feel better...I really did feel bad for some foreign people that could speak no English being interrogated by the officers... Seemed excessive, same with my situation, but I get it..

Having the show and all the travel time made me stress a little more, I just wanted out of there!!

It's all said and done.. Now it's time to rock out in GA.... TONIGHT!!!!!

:)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    smanchac1 wrote:

Hey

Not down on Canada. Love Canada!

Just an extremely long day. When your ten steps from the door outside the airport, after 7-8 hours of being in a plane, other airport, cab etc... It just made a Long day longer.

Already napped and feel better...I really did feel bad for some foreign people that could speak no English being interrogated by the officers... Seemed excessive, same with my situation, but I get it..

Having the show and all the travel time made me stress a little more, I just wanted out of there!!

It's all said and done.. Now it's time to rock out in GA.... TONIGHT!!!!!

:)
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    Leaving Atlanta now...Toronto and then Vancouver, hoping for easy passage!!
  • Options
    mr_perfect wrote:
    mandalina wrote:
    Hey everyone - where are people even lining up for GA? I thought we could enter through any gate to get in - are they opening one up early specifically for GA ticket holders? I haven't seen this kind of set up at GM place before.

The pit seems like it will be pretty small so I didn't think we'd need to get there early...but now I see people talking about lining up first thing in the morning and it's making me stressed out! Oh well - we'll have a great view anyways :)

ga lineups are always at the south side of rogers arena by the canucks team store... i believe its gate 7..

i plan to be there about 3pm...had the rail once in my lifetime back in 03...ill be happy within 3 rows or so

Thank you :)
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    I had a ugly 250 pound immigration chick at my land crossing into Vancouver. She looked like a bad canadian version of one of them fugly shaws of sunset. I told her i was going to see pearl jam. She said why? I took the glasses off and flashed the green eyes and told her,"because that is the greatest band in the world." She said "Enjoy Canada sir".

Hour later I was in the new amsterdam cafe on hastings vapping the night away with sum winter ice kush. :mrgreen: Folowed by a porchetta at Meat and Bread right around the corner on cambrie.

Now if I can only get off new york time and stop waking up at 4:30 every morning.
  • Options
    smanchac1 wrote:
    Here is our updated sign for Seattle and Vancouver!!

114d1b60-909b-48b3-b95e-c0d59ae6fa95_zps6c87edce.jpg

(40 shows is my 34 plus Kelly's 6 that she saw before we got together)

That equals 40 total shows with no Rival!!

Will be in GA in Vancouver with it ;)

See everyone there!!

I cant wait to hear Eddie talk to you guys, TONIGHT!!!! :mrgreen:

1992-8-18 Lollapalooza, Raleigh NC
    2012-11-24 Jacksonville FL, Eddie solo tour
    2012-11-25 Jacksonville FL, Eddie solo tour
    2013-10-27 Baltimore MD
    2013-10-29 Charlottesville VA
    2013-10-30 Charlotte NC
    2013=making up for lost time

[/img]
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,773
    IT'S HERE IT'S FINALLY HERE WOOOOO HOOOOOO IT'S CONCERT DAY! SO F***ING STOKED :D
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    GstewartGstewart Delta BC Posts: 28
    My first posting and first concert; loved the band for 22 years so extremely hyped for tonight.
    I'll be in the London Pub on Main St from about 5:30 with the missus and 2 of my sons, it's a short walk to the stadium so if you need a pint before the show I'll see you in there.
    They have to open with Pendulum...Ican't wait!!
    Gary Stewart
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    I can't believe it's tonight. Feels like the lottery was just last week. :P
  • Options
    happy-guys-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    happy-guys-smiley-emoticon.gif

With ya there! So stoked for tonight!!!
    05/30/2003, Vancouver, BC
    09/01/2005, The Gorge
    09/02/2005, Vancouver, BC
    07/22/2006, The Gorge
    09/25/2009, Vancouver, BC
    09/25/2011, Vancouver, BC
    12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC
    12/06/2013, Seattle, WA
  • Options
    WHOOP WHOOP!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    Last minute reserved fan club ticket now available. PM if interested.
  • Options
    CANT FUCKING WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    CH175013 wrote:
    Last minute reserved fan club ticket now available. PM if interested.
    No longer available.
  • Options
    rvmirror67 wrote:
    smanchac1 wrote:
    Here is our updated sign for Seattle and Vancouver!!

114d1b60-909b-48b3-b95e-c0d59ae6fa95_zps6c87edce.jpg

(40 shows is my 34 plus Kelly's 6 that she saw before we got together)

That equals 40 total shows with no Rival!!

Will be in GA in Vancouver with it ;)

See everyone there!!

I cant wait to hear Eddie talk to you guys, TONIGHT!!!! :mrgreen:

Thanks!!

Getting closer!!
  • Options
    ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 364
    Sure would be nice if they'd update the merch booth info for us
  • Options
    Any word at all on when theyre open?