Options

VANCOUVER roll call

Comments

• Options
    jvoorheesjvoorhees Langley, BC Posts: 199
    ^^^ same boat as you :) Cept we're in reserved for Vancouver.... too damn old now for the pit :D And yup we got crummy seats for Seattle... but least we're going :)
    05/11/2000, Vancouver, BC
    05/30/2003, Vancouver, BC
    09/01/2005, The Gorge
    09/02/2005, Vancouver, BC
    07/22/2006, The Gorge
    09/25/2009, Vancouver, BC
    09/25/2011, Vancouver, BC
    12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC
    12/06/2013, Seattle, WA
  • Options
    smanchac1 tried to PM me re this forum, but my PM is not working right now, something is wrong with the site.
    Vancouver Sep 25-11, Vancouver Sep 25-09, Vancouver Sep 02-05, Vancouver May 30-03, Vancouver Jul 19-98, Vancouver Sep 04-93

• Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    smanchac1 tried to PM me re this forum, but my PM is not working right now, something is wrong with the site.

I was offering to trade you guys a pair of reserved seats for a pair of ga. You mentioned you weren't happy with ga since you were a little older..

Just trying to help! If interested you can email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:Smanchac@yahoo.com">Smanchac@yahoo.com</a><!-- e -->
  • Options
    I'm in!

Missed out on the TC sale cos wasn't thinking of travelling over from Scotland for this tour but then decided to tie in our annual ski holiday with a PJ gig so opted for Vancouver.
    Got seats right away when the Ticketmaster sale started which I couldn't believe. We are in section 308 Row 8 so prob not great seats but I'm sooooo excited about the whole trip now. Better get some flights and accommodation booked!

If anyone has fan club tix to spare that would get us closer to the guys please PM me.
  • Options
    what's with all of the seats still left for sale? where did all the vancouver fans go?? embarrassing!!! (says the vancouver island girl :D)
  • Options
    brio33800brio33800 Posts: 77
    GA club tix for Vancouver.
    Might want to trade for seated club tix, husband's not too excited to be on the floor, we're old now you see.

Was shut of of club tix for Seattle, so got crappy TM tix for the Seattle show, but hey, at least I'm going :)[/q

We managed to get tickets throughout ticketmaster for this show but we'd rather be on the floor if anyone is interested in trading their Ga tickets?
  • Options
    Fifi_IrelandFifi_Ireland Posts: 576
    I am definitely interested in trading my 10c reserved seating pair for GA if anyone wants to do this!
    Thanks
    Fi
    168dcfb.jpg
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    Sign me up. Got 10C reserved.
  • Options
    I'll be coming from Calgary for this!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,258
    what's with all of the seats still left for sale? where did all the vancouver fans go?? embarrassing!!! (says the vancouver island girl :D)

Vancouver is bipolar when it comes to PJ. Sometimes Vancouver gets a show when Seattle doesn't (or before they announce one in seattle). You get alot of migration of fans between the two cities (because they're pretty close to each other.. 3 hours driving...).

When Seattle and Vancouver are happening on the same leg of the tour the demand for Vancouver tickets seems low as people from south of the border don't bother coming up for it. I missed the '09 show but heard it didn't sell out right away, and the fan club members all got awesome seats! 2011 there was not seattle show and there were alot more 10c members.

2005 was really wierd. They announced Vancouver without a Seattle date. It sold out really quick. Lots of 10c members. Then they announced the Gorge after. It was so wierd. Lots of Seattle fan's at the Vancouver show, and lots of Vancouver fans at the Gorge show because they couldn't get tickets to Vancouver... lol!!

I'll stop rambling, but this doesn't surprised me. Very little migration from south of the border for Vancouver because of the Seattle show.
  • Options
    GoodbyeForNowGoodbyeForNow Vancouver Posts: 120
    10c reserved for us! Taking my 10 year old nephew to his first ever PJ show. December cannot come soon enough.
    Vancouver, GM Place 2005
    Vancouver, GM Place 2009
    Seattle, EV Solo, Benaroya Hall 2011
    Winnipeg, MTS Center, 2011
    Manchester, June 2012
    Phoenix, EV Solo, Comerica Theatre 2012
  • Options
    STLJOESTLJOE St. Louis, MO Posts: 132
    Section 116.
    3/14/94; 4/22/03; 7/9/03; 10/5/04; 5/17/06; 8/2/07; 8/5/07; 8/23/09; 5/4/10; 5/9/10; 5/20/10; 5/21/10; 9/3/11; 9/4/11; 9/2/12; 9/21/12; 7/19/13; 11/15/13; 11/16/13; 12/4/13; 12/6/13
  • Options
    The pit is TINY! So glad we won GA tickets for this show!!

http://www.ticketmaster.com/pearl-jam-v ... E5EDF3F754
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I'm in. Reserved .
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    Who else has ga for this show? The pit area seems so small!

Really excited for this show as its really off the radar. Sometimes those are the best shows :)
  • Options
    smanchac1 wrote:

Really excited for this show as its really off the radar. Sometimes those are the best shows :)

Truer
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,612
    smanchac1 wrote:

I do, and am SO excited about this little 10C pit!! It's going to be fucking amazing! :thumbup:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,258
    smanchac1 wrote:

I do. It was sort of the way I was trying to play the preferences.. except it sort of backfired on me. From pervious experience demand for Vancouver 10c tickets isn't super high (I've never seen them run out). I thought not putting Vancouver GA as my #1 might cost me GA, and putting Seattle anything #1 might be 50/50, so I went the safe route and went with Vancouver Ga, Seattle Reserved. I should of reversed that that order. I think anyone who wanted Vancouver GA got it, no matter what the pref was. Demand was pretty low.

I looked on ebay trying to see what tickets were sold behind the ga section and I couldn't find floor tickets.. I thought that was a bit weird.

edit: I just took a look at stubhub and they listed tickets as far as row 25 for the floor. the seating chart says 27 rows.. so I guess that support is. That is a pretty small pit :)

How many rows are usually on the floor? 45ish? So the pit makes up 18 rows. Minus the buffer space between the GA section and the seats (and the fence).. that means the pit only goes back as far as maybe rows 15-18 in a seated environment?
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    smanchac1 wrote:

I do. It was sort of the way I was trying to play the preferences.. except it sort of backfired on me. From pervious experience demand for Vancouver 10c tickets isn't super high (I've never seen them run out). I thought not putting Vancouver GA as my #1 might cost me GA, and putting Seattle anything #1 might be 50/50, so I went the safe route and went with Vancouver Ga, Seattle Reserved. I should of reversed that that order. I think anyone who wanted Vancouver GA got it, no matter what the pref was. Demand was pretty low.

I looked on ebay trying to see what tickets were sold behind the ga section and I couldn't find floor tickets.. I thought that was a bit weird.

edit: I just took a look at stubhub and they listed tickets as far as row 25 for the floor. the seating chart says 27 rows.. so I guess that support is. That is a pretty small pit :)
    I saw a few floor seats on ebay (including 10C GA :x). I did a little poll in some other thread to figure out if GA was even sold out through the lottery because I did think the demand for GA seemed low and worried that the pit wouldn't even be all 10C, and I found a couple of people who didn't get Vancouver GA when it wasn't priority #1, so I think you probably made the best decision with your selection if you really wanted these tix. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Same here

I picked Vancouver GA because I thought it would be the only out of 5 shows I might win (Philly 1-2, Hartford, Vancouver Seattle) and I'm glad I did!

I have seats for every other show.. But I feel this pit will be tiny, less than 15 rows.

If you look at the seating chart, it only takes up one section of seats on the side. Usually there is like 5-10 rows of seats in a section that wide :)

Can't wait!!
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,147
    smanchac1 wrote:

GA here as well really looking forward to this, it will be my first PJ pit since Barrie in 98. I have a feeling this one is going to be a whole lot tamer than Barrie was :twisted:
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    That's a shame people just stand and watch the concert and don't understand the others who like to pusk the like the old days....
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Will be in reserved with my wife drinking beers. See you there
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    Can't wait!!!
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Hey so what tourist advice can people give me re Vancouver, ie cool things to do & see while I'm there? I've never been to Vancouver or in fact Canada before.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    morello wrote:
    Hey so what tourist advice can people give me re Vancouver, ie cool things to do & see while I'm there? I've never been to Vancouver or in fact Canada before.
    The thing about Vancouver is that practically everything touristy (and enjoyed by the locals as well) is focused on the outdoors. So hopefully you will get lucky with the weather and it won't be pissing rain the whole time. If it isn't raining, then Stanley Park is the number one place to go. Go for a walk around the seawall and through all the forest trails - it really is beautiful, and the locals are bananas for this massive park on the water and in the city as well. And English Bay meets up with Stanley park on the west side too, and English Bay is also lovely, and it leads onto Davie Street, which is great for restaurants and stuff (it's also the main LGBT neighborhood in the cities and is proud of it). I go there often. You can also maybe still rent bikes in the winter - I'm not sure if they only do that in the warmer months.... But if you haven't been on a tandem bike before and you're with someone else, do it, because it is HILARIOUS. :lol: The Vancouver Aquarium is also in Stanley Park, and it's a pretty good Aquarium (it's no seaworld, and they do unfortunately keep Belugas in a small pool, but besides that, it's pretty good. The otters are adorable. :D ).

Go to a Vancouver Canucks game if you can!!! So fun, so Canadian. :) And if that's too pricey for you, then go see a Vancouver Giants game (junior league hockey). Also very fun.

Also check out the Granville Island Market. There are little ferry taxis that go between English Bay and Granville Island Market, and they continue all the way along up to Science World/Main Street, and all of that is really nice. Actually, the seawall goes all the way from there to the Northeast end of Stanley Park, which is a huge distance for a seawall. Great walk from one end to the other, but it's got to be at least 20km all told so a bike is also a good idea.

Grouse Mountain has snowshoeing and an ice skating rink. It's a ways from the city, but there are busses that go there, and then you take a tram up the mountain (just that is fun). Not sure if the weather up there will be acceptable to you at that time of year or if the snow will have reached it enough for snow shoeing to be any fun.... It's also a ski hill (not a very good one - If you want to go skiing go to Cypress - only a 45 minutes drive from Downtown, and buses go there too) - I think you can actually rent ski outfits along with gear if you need to. It's a really good mountain for skiing for all skill levels.

The Vancouver Art Gallery is pretty good if you're into that kind of thing. A lot of Canadian/Native art there, among other things.

The UBC Museum of Anthropology is cool too, especially for the West Coast Natives/Haida history, art, etc. And the UBC campus is gorgeous, and Wreck Beach is there. There won't be any nudists there in December, but it is a GORGEOUS beach (I actually think it's a shame that it's a nude beach where drugs are sold in the summer - not a place for everyone to enjoy, but it should be because it's probably the nicest beach in the city).

Steveston out in Richmond is nice I guess - historical fishing area; quaint, very fresh seafood right off the boats that caught them, there is a cannery museum, etc. Pretty touristy..... Actually it might be kind of grim in the winter unless it's a nice clear and sunny day.

The White Rock Promenade is nice on a nice day. That's pretty far out of town, but it's all beach, which lots of bars and restaurants and fish and chip shacks and stuff.

If you can take a drive up the Sea to Sky highway to Squamish and/or Whistler, that's an option (buses go up there too, if you want to check out Whistler/Blackcomb, although unless you want to ski or skidoo or something, I'm not sure there is much point in going in the winter. If it were summer that would be a must-see.

Gastown is tourist central, but you should go there. There is a steam clock that seems to fascinate people to no end, and it's a very history part of town. Not much to do except go into the little art gallery/tourist shops and restaurants, but it's still nice. Just make sure you don't go too far, because it very suddenly turns into skid row and that is just a horror show. So don't go farther east through Gastown than Carrell Street or so unless you don't mind being surrounded by severe drug addicts (not that there isn't a community there and I don't want to shit on those who are shit upon... It's just not an area that will make you anything other than disturbed and sad).

Otherwise, you know, just walking around downtown and stuff, just check out the city.... It's pretty nice since it's surrounded by water on three sides, and mountains dominate the northern skyline. :) I probably forgot all kinds of good shit, but I'm sure you'll figure it out. Good luck with the weather!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    ^^^^ Cool, thansk for all this info. I'll absorb it & work out my own 'must do' list. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    Sadly no Canucks game to catch while we're there. If you can really rent gear + outfits for skiing that is damn tempting! early morning skiing on the day of the show... :D I can't go to Canada and not ski there once, that's impossible!
  • Options
    Kathi wrote:
    Sadly no Canucks game to catch while we're there. If you can really rent gear + outfits for skiing that is damn tempting! early morning skiing on the day of the show... :D I can't go to Canada and not ski there once, that's impossible!
    Double check out the clothing rental, but I know I've seen that in Whistler at least, so it's pretty likely that Cypress might have something like that too. :) Alternately, you can probably get a (not necessarily very attractive) ski outfit from the Salvation Army or Value Village for less than $30. :)
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Kathi wrote:
    Double check out the clothing rental, but I know I've seen that in Whistler at least, so it's pretty likely that Cypress might have something like that too. :) Alternately, you can probably get a (not necessarily very attractive) ski outfit from the Salvation Army or Value Village for less than $30. :)

I checked, they have it listed on their website! woo the pictures look gorgeous too! :)