Options

VANCOUVER roll call

Comments

• Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    smanchac1 wrote:
    Only show out of 6 we have ga for this year. Did 5 ga shows last year. Can't wait!

Maybe that's why I'm the only one bumping this thread :fp:
    Well if it makes you feel any better, I have been reading all your bumps. :lol:
    There are hardly any people from Vancouver on the boards ever ... Most Vancouverites don't seem to like to talk to strangers. :roll: So not too surprising that so few people are checking in for this show. Still a LOT of unsold tix too. Many behind the stage still available on TM, but there is also a GLUT of scalper tickets for sale. I'd say a couple thousand tix that went to scalpers are still unsold.

Lol.

When I said that I mainly meant that I see zero excitement (besides the few of us here) over the Vancouver show.

I could say the same about alot of west coast shows as well.

I for one am excited as hell for Vancouver. I decided it would be my only show I tried for ga. When I won I was even more stoked. The pit is like 1/4 of the floor if that. It's as wide as the first seated section. That's going to be so sweet!

See you there. You ga as well PJ soul?
  • Options
    Hi all. Excited as hell for the Vancouver show too! Hope the seats are filled and the place has good energy (but regardless, I know I will!).
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,616
    smanchac1 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    smanchac1 wrote:
    Only show out of 6 we have ga for this year. Did 5 ga shows last year. Can't wait!

Maybe that's why I'm the only one bumping this thread :fp:
    Well if it makes you feel any better, I have been reading all your bumps. :lol:
    There are hardly any people from Vancouver on the boards ever ... Most Vancouverites don't seem to like to talk to strangers. :roll: So not too surprising that so few people are checking in for this show. Still a LOT of unsold tix too. Many behind the stage still available on TM, but there is also a GLUT of scalper tickets for sale. I'd say a couple thousand tix that went to scalpers are still unsold.

Lol.

When I said that I mainly meant that I see zero excitement (besides the few of us here) over the Vancouver show.

I could say the same about alot of west coast shows as well.

I for one am excited as hell for Vancouver. I decided it would be my only show I tried for ga. When I won I was even more stoked. The pit is like 1/4 of the floor if that. It's as wide as the first seated section. That's going to be so sweet!

See you there. You ga as well PJ soul?
    I know - the west coast is too mellow sometimes. :lol:
    But I am also super excited!! Yup, I'm in GA too - see you in the pit! :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    smanchac1 wrote:
    When I said that I mainly meant that I see zero excitement (besides the few of us here) over the Vancouver show.?
    I'm excited for the Vancouver show! Actually I'm kinda just excited that I'm going to Canada! OMFG! Never thought I'd ever go to Canada really so weeeheeee, PJ adds another country I, tbh, probably never would have gone to, to my list!! :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    I'm excited too! never been to vancouver and I hear it's a beautiful city. sadly no hockey game to see while I'm there, but I guess PJ's nice too. :lol:
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Where is everyone staying in BC? any tenclub hotel specials?
    Who is a local? Who has the BC blaze Bud?

oh ya,
    reserved 201,@#$
  • Options
    rssesq wrote:

oh ya,
    reserved 201,@#$
    I'm local.... if anyone wants to save $$ on the hotel by staying outside of the city but on the skytrain line so it's really easy to get downtown I can recommend a few places.... but you'd need to keep in mind that the skytrain shuts down ridiculously early, so you'd have to leave downtown no later than maybe 12:15 or something. :roll:

I can also tall you where NOT to stay downtown, and that is anywhere on the downtown eastside. Any hotel/motel there would be a very very bad idea.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I am excited too......its going to be awesome :-)
    168dcfb.jpg
  • Options
    Cool, affordable Vancouver (downtown) hotel: http://theburrard.com/
    The Sylvia is another good choice.

Stoked for Vancouver! Always a great, loud crowd - lots of Seattle folks and lots of friendly smokers... I'm taking my godson to his first PJ show and his first GA experience.... Thrilling!!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    rssesq wrote:

oh ya,
    reserved 201,@#$
    I'm local.... if anyone wants to save $$ on the hotel by staying outside of the city but on the skytrain line so it's really easy to get downtown I can recommend a few places.... but you'd need to keep in mind that the skytrain shuts down ridiculously early, so you'd have to leave downtown no later than maybe 12:15 or something. :roll:

I can also tall you where NOT to stay downtown, and that is anywhere on the downtown eastside. Any hotel/motel there would be a very very bad idea.

by Hastings?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    rssesq wrote:

oh ya,
    reserved 201,@#$

by Hastings?
    Anywhere on or within a few blocks of Hastings between probably Commercial Drive and maybe Cambie Street is a no go.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Our touring group has rooms booked at the Delta Vancouver Suites(10c rate of $139/night) & Sandman Vancouver City Centre which is closer apparently.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Last trains don't leave waterfront until 1:20 am.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    Our touring group has rooms booked at the Delta Vancouver Suites(10c rate of $139/night) & Sandman Vancouver City Centre which is closer apparently.

Sandman is right across the street from the Arena. Delta van is on Hastings and like hmm Richards I guess? Really not far. Not across the street but maybe like a 15 min walk if you're walking briskly.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    rssesq wrote:

oh ya,
    reserved 201,@#$

by Hastings?

Hastings is a big street and a huge section of it is fine. Anything on the West side (West of Cambie) is fine. Anything on the East side is sketchy. Honestly though, they are really gentrifying the area though. It's slowly getting pushed farther and farther East. The pre-party is on the East side of Cambie and the area isn't bad at all.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    By the way all... ahem.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215798

Donations needed please :)
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    I'll be there,...RES seats #410xxx
  • Options
    joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    Attending. Reserved seat member 409***
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    For a hotel I booked a 4* on priceline for $85/night (plus taxes and fees).

I read some of you were curious if anyone got denied picking GA. I selected:

6th - Van GA - denied
    7th - Van Res - scored
  • Options
    Ga for us, can't wait!
  • Options
    Where are people staying?

We booked here
    http://www.innatfalsecreek.com/
    168dcfb.jpg
  • Options
    Any locals in Vancouver with sum info on sights to see while in your town.
  • Options
    rssesq wrote:
    Any locals in Vancouver with sum info on sights to see while in your town.
    There are some posts about that in this thread, starting on this page: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=211509&start=75
  • Options
    3 weeks from today!

21 days to go!

Can't wait to be back where I belong :)
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Where are people staying?

We booked here
    http://www.innatfalsecreek.com/

not sure...my ticket buddy got a hotel...I think.

...I hope :?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    LD_and happyLD_and happy Portland, OR Posts: 107
    We're staying at the Hampton Inn on Robson st.
    I have a good friend who's from Medicine Hat and went to University in Victoria.
    He said this is still cool area, and we can walk to Stadium. (Just south of W. Hastings).

Where is the pre-party????
  • Options
    We're staying at the Hampton Inn on Robson st.
    I have a good friend who's from Medicine Hat and went to University in Victoria.
    He said this is still cool area, and we can walk to Stadium. (Just south of W. Hastings).

Where is the pre-party????
    New Amsterdam Cafe or Blunt Bros. is kew wit me ;):mrgreen:
  • Options
    will be present as well

GA all the way
    Antwerp/London/Nijmegen/Werchter/Camden2/NewYork2/EVChicago1&2/Chicago1&2/
    Werchter/A'dam1/Werchter/EVA'dam2/EVLondon1/Portland/Spokane/Calgary/Vancouver/
    Seattle

Longtime ghost
  • Options
    My only ga out of 6 show this year!!

Vancouver has a 1/4 pit size, most shows have had 1/2 the floor as the pit.

I am SUPER EXCITED! Here's a few pics of other shows this tour with a 1/4

849271b7-0188-411d-8ab5-ddc5619f227b_zpsf328f0a1.jpg

4e8bd983-412d-4a35-858e-71eb91a194cc_zpsb8aeaab4.jpg

image_zps43f55d8b.jpg

image_zps756e0a03.jpg

07cfd5d0-41b9-4234-8f42-27c12d53c352_zpscfd7490e.jpg

Going to be tiny!!! Can't wait :)
  • Options
    smanchac1 wrote:
    My only ga out of 6 show this year!!

Vancouver has a 1/4 pit size, most shows have had 1/2 the floor as the pit.

I am SUPER EXCITED! Here's a few pics of other shows this tour with a 1/4

849271b7-0188-411d-8ab5-ddc5619f227b_zpsf328f0a1.jpg

4e8bd983-412d-4a35-858e-71eb91a194cc_zpsb8aeaab4.jpg

image_zps43f55d8b.jpg

image_zps756e0a03.jpg

07cfd5d0-41b9-4234-8f42-27c12d53c352_zpscfd7490e.jpg

Going to be tiny!!! Can't wait :)
    Really? The seating map on Ticketmaster seems to show that GA is closer to half the floor... or at least it's nowhere near as small as that chart you posted shows.Where did you hear GA would be that small?