Options

NEW PEARL JAM ALBUM “LIGHTNING BOLT” AVAILABLE OCTOBER 15

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    morello wrote:
    As others have said still not even the digital downloads available.

10c can someone advise when we'll have those especially as so many of us don't have our physical copies & it's now past release day(here in NZ anyway)?
    I would assume that the 10c digital release to members would be at the same time for all members, and that will happen in 8 hours and 24 minutes according to their countdown clock. A band's official release isn't normally done following the time zones around d the world, especially when they are going by a countdown clock that is set to their own local time. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    G-funkG-funk Posts: 10
    My birthday today and i'm listening till the new album!!!!! (Comes out the 14 in norway).
    2. Listening and favvo song so far is "infallible". "Let the records play" Should be left out, misfitting...

But still fucking great!!!!
  • Options
    Still nothing here (The Netherlands). Really annoying to see it being released in stores on friday over here so people could`ve gotten it already and have it before people who pre-ordered it from 10c... Maybe it`ll arrive tomorrow? been on its way for 10 days now...
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    There's no way the LP will be on time. I'll wait patiently, but it does bother me a bit.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    My vinyl copy hasn't gotten to me yet. I suspect with Columbus day shutting down the post office, that it will probably be tomorrow or wednesday.
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    The worst bit about all of this - look back at the press cuttings, or even PJ20, you'll see the band standing tall before Ticketmaster complaining about profiteering in concert arranging worldwide.

Yet here we are, a bunch of dedicated fans, many of whom are paying several times over for a single record and all because the band's own fan club can't get copies to us despite advance payment being made. I don't believe in paying over and over for the same record just to get it early when the fan club claims to be there for us - especially when it charges a fee!!!

I refuse to deal with iTunes - they are killing the art of the record. Millions of us want a physical product, to the point PJ produces vinyl despite that era being long gone for many.

The makeweight? That we get access to a digital download direct from the fan club as well as an eventually-delivered CD.

And yet here I sit, waiting for access from the fan club allegedly set up for us to get more for our favourite band - extracting dues along the way - while iTunes users and Amazon purchasers freely sit and listen to their copies ahead of the pearljam.com mandated "official" release date and time.

Really, really disappointed to be treated like a number for the sake of a few bucks by a band that claims to care. It really shouldn't be this hard, guys.
    Reading, England, 1995; SECC, Glasgow, 2000; O2, London, 2009
  • Options
    My vinyl copy hasn't gotten to me yet. I suspect with Columbus day shutting down the post office, that it will probably be tomorrow or wednesday.

I am hoping my vinyl copy arrives tomorrow. However, if not, I may just head to Target and pick up the CD! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Roll the dice... My take on Lightning Bolt.

1. Getaway :4
    I like it, and it's already growing on me. A great way to kick off the record.

2. Mind Your Manners :5
    This one I liked from the get go. Love the riff, the energy.

3. My Father's Son :4
    This one is hard to rate. Mostly because I like it so much more after the 4th listen than the first. Love Jeff's bass groove. Will probably tip over to 5 in a day or two. A grower.

4. Sirens :6
    I just love this one. The acoustic intro, the lead, Ed's vocal and the lyrics. Ace!

5. Lightning Bolt :4
    This is also one who is growing rapidly on me. Did'nt like the chorus at first, but with each listen I like it better.

6. Infallible :5
    Such a cool song. Love the sound on this. Ed's singing is absolutely top notch.

7. Pendulum :6
    My favourite. The athmosphere... the melody... A classic.

8. Swallowed Whole :3
    Not a bad song by any means, but the first average(so far) for me, and fall a little behind the rest.

9. Let The Records Play :3
    I love the riff, but somehow I dont think the song live up to it's potential.

10. Sleeping With Myself :4
    Another song that works better after 4th listen than the first. Found it a little boring, but it's a little peach that is slowly growing. Have a little everly brother's vibe to it for me.

11. Yellow Moon :4
    Like a few others a little anonymous at first listen, but im slowly getting it. Love Mike's guitar on this.

12. Future Days :5
    Another beautiful song. Love the piano intro and outtro, and the acoustic guitar. A very fine closener leaving you wanting more. If i'm picky, i'm not sure I am such a fan of the string arrangments though, but it's just a minor complaint.

Overall verdict :5
    I did like backspacer as well, but it was more inconsistent, and I think this is a big leap. Stronger material, more exciting sounds and better production. The band sounds excited as well. I really like it. The one thing I missed was a Matt Cameron song. He usually comes up with some cool sounds. Fore those who has yet to hear it. Be excited.
    ---Thinking before you speak is like wiping your ass before taking a shit---

---Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see---

*Oslo 2000
    *Stockholm 2012
    *Oslo 2012
    *Stockholm 2014
    *Oslo 2014
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    There's no way the LP will be on time. I'll wait patiently, but it does bother me a bit.
    no I meant the cd (ordered both). The LP has only been shipped about 5 days ago, that`ll probably take another week.
    Listening to the album for the first time in its entirety now, on Spotify. Like it so far but I got a feeling that this will take another number of spins before it`ll really get to me... Infallible and Lightening Bolt are (apart from MYM and Sirens) the best for me so far
  • Options
    snertsnert Posts: 219
    Still waiting for the 10c CD to arrive so.....

I'm hoping the digi download will be waiting for me in my account when i wake up in the morning.

Oh and i am also hoping that there is no server crash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :o

Also hoping a new countdown clock will appear for the European tour dates....... :D
  • Options
    agsilver78 wrote:
    The worst bit about all of this - look back at the press cuttings, or even PJ20, you'll see the band standing tall before Ticketmaster complaining about profiteering in concert arranging worldwide.

Yet here we are, a bunch of dedicated fans, many of whom are paying several times over for a single record and all because the band's own fan club can't get copies to us despite advance payment being made. I don't believe in paying over and over for the same record just to get it early when the fan club claims to be there for us - especially when it charges a fee!!!

I refuse to deal with iTunes - they are killing the art of the record. Millions of us want a physical product, to the point PJ produces vinyl despite that era being long gone for many.

The makeweight? That we get access to a digital download direct from the fan club as well as an eventually-delivered CD.

And yet here I sit, waiting for access from the fan club allegedly set up for us to get more for our favourite band - extracting dues along the way - while iTunes users and Amazon purchasers freely sit and listen to their copies ahead of the pearljam.com mandated "official" release date and time.

Really, really disappointed to be treated like a number for the sake of a few bucks by a band that claims to care. It really shouldn't be this hard, guys.
    totally agree. Wich does learn me one thing: never pre-order again from 10c (except if it`s a 10c exclusive, but no albums like LB with a wide release). Just get the cd/vinyl in store on release date and you`ll have before everyone who has ordered it months and months ago...
  • Options
    StinkfootStinkfoot Posts: 546
    When it comes to overseas deliveries (like mine) I think sometimes we can be a little harsh.

I've ordered lots of things from The US and I could not tell you how long it takes because it always seems to differ.

This is something out of the 10c's hands.
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
  • Options
    Stinkfoot wrote:
    When it comes to overseas deliveries (like mine) I think sometimes we can be a little harsh.

I've ordered lots of things from The US and I could not tell you how long it takes because it always seems to differ.

True - but what's to stop them giving us access to the digital download which comes with the package when the iTunes mob are already playing copies they've burned off their accounts?!

Massive double-standard.
    Reading, England, 1995; SECC, Glasgow, 2000; O2, London, 2009
  • Options
    Stinkfoot wrote:

It`s not about the delivery times (I expect to get mine tomorrow, about 10 days on its way is normal for the US to get here), it`s (for me) about the fact that as a paying fan club member you don`t get your stuff before the "regular" customer gets theirs. I feel that we should have some advantage over those who are not members, especially when it comes to the release of a new studio album
  • Options
    lynchtplynchtp Posts: 17
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    morello wrote:

10c can someone advise when we'll have those especially as so many of us don't have our physical copies & it's now past release day(here in NZ anyway)?
    I would assume that the 10c digital release to members would be at the same time for all members, and that will happen in 8 hours and 24 minutes according to their countdown clock. A band's official release isn't normally done following the time zones around d the world, especially when they are going by a countdown clock that is set to their own local time. ;)

The pearl Jam app had a different time on the countdown timer depending on time zone.
    Cork, Dublin x3.
    They just keep getting better.
  • Options
    Perry NeumPerry Neum Vienna, Austria Posts: 856
    first run finished. liked it. personal highlight: GETAWAY
    -mind your manners- is already a classic.

well done guys, you have my permission for future releases :D
    no more time - gotta listen to getaway
    Salzburg, Austria 06-18-2000
    Vienna, Austria 09-25-2006
    Vienna, Austria 06-16-2007
    Berlin, Germany 08-15-2009
    Berlin, Germany 06-30-2010
    Amsterdam, Netherlands 06-26-2012
    Amsterdam, Netherlands 06-27-2012
    Praha, Czech Republic 07-02-2012
    Trieste, Italy 06-22-2014
    Vienna, Austria 06-25-2014
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    lynchtp wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    morello wrote:

The pearl Jam app had a different time on the countdown timer depending on time zone.
    International release was the 14th, even the 11th at shops here so there definitely are different release dates.

I've now been told to expect 4-8 weeks on international delivery. Anyway, whatever, I'm just going to try & not think about it anymore.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    Sonic Boom in Toronto has the CD for $16.99 - I was just there and they close at midnight.

They don't have the vinyl yet - they said the shipment was delayed and to come back later in the week.
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    My 10c version disc won't play in my car CD player, it doesn't even acknowledge there is a cd in. :/ so much for the night drive to be introduced to new tunes :(
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    My 10c version disc won't play in my car CD player, it doesn't even acknowledge there is a cd in. :/ so much for the night drive to be introduced to new tunes :(
    Run some very fine sandpaper around the inside hole of the CD. That trick has worked for me many times.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    agsilver78 wrote:

The record comes out in 3 hours. You can listen to it in 3 hours. How old are you?
  • Options
    marc34marc34 Boston MA Posts: 221
    Any idea on what the 10c pre order download is? I only see the album in my purchases
    Hartford 96
    Mansfield 98 x 2
    Mansfield 00 x2
    Mansfield 03 x 3
    Boston 04 VFC x 2
    Hartford 06
    Boston 06 x 2
    Hartford 08
    Mansfield 08 x 2
    EV Boston 08 x 2
    Hartford 10
    Boston 10
    EV Providence 11
    EV Boston 11
    EV Hartford 11
    Worcester 13 x 2
    Hartford 13
    Buffalo 13
    Baltimore 13
    Fenway 2016 x 2
    Hot Stove 2017
    Fenway 2018 x 2
  • Options
    Any additional digital content looks to be the Mind Your Manners video, and the fact we got to download MYM and Sirens prior to release...here's hoping the 10C vinyl has something extra sweet!

Watched the clock tick to 0 and went immediately to get my download...let the fun (and repeated listens) begin!!
    Terrible bonus digital content for fan club members? That's a paddlin'
  • Options
    you can download the album now from your order history. click on your order and your download options are there.
  • Options
    edieedie Posts: 9
    Hey has anyone in Melbourne received their CD from 10c yet? It was released over here on Friday but not sure when the pre-orders are due.. I'm not complaining by the way - just really keen for a listen :)
  • Options
    just download my album , and i love it , just sad that we couldnt receive our vinyls earlier .... is the mind your manners all we get for 10c!!!!!!!! sighs ...... Lightning bolt !!!!!!!!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    EPIC!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    The video for "Mind Your Manners" is absolutely amazing! Thank you, 10c!
  • Options
    10/15/13 couldnt havent gotten here any faster! What a beautiful day it has already started out to be!!!!

THANK YOU ...I'm listening all night! Im doing that goofy "Happy girl dance"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nelluc and Kcalb
  • Options
    TobyToby Posts: 5
    Its great guys, best album in years, thou i love everything you make :)
    ...Immortality, is that good?