Eating in the car...

Comments

• jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    Eating in the car became the norm in this household, when the kids were involved in a zillion sports and activities and weren't old enough to drive themselves. French fries left under the seat look EXACTLY the same when found a year later!
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Ice cream is okay. Anything with onions is not :nono: And I cannot eat while I'm driving. As a matter of fact, I cannot do anything but driving when I'm driving :oops:
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    ever have a drink spill on the passenger floorboard, and you can't do shit about because you're driving? You are seeing it spill all over the place, however, you are not able to stop the flow until you pull over pick it up
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    mca tells the best stories :lol:
    :lol:
    I've been told on a number of occasions that I should be some sort of writer instead of this science bullshit! :D

But yeah....

I've stopped seeing chicks shortly after getting in their car. A true sign of one's character! :lol:
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    PRL1JAM wrote:
    ever have a drink spill on the passenger floorboard, and you can't do shit about because you're driving? You are seeing it spill all over the place, however, you are not able to stop the flow until you pull over pick it up

I have not
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Hey Will....I think we found someone that hates more things than you do! :shock:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    RK, I would not worry about getting in your car, but I don't think I would venture to Chadwick's. and I might make an exception for road trips (also love) but I try to stay away from messy or smelly snacks (muffins, crackers, bananas, fish). But the trash has to go at the next gas station.
    my feelings are crushed
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    edited July 2013
    currently my car is filled with recyclables ready for the recycler down the road. here in rural iowa you are on your own when it come to doing the right thing in regards to recycling & many other things. paper, plastic, & cans all piled in my car.

im thinking of leaving them there a couple days just to kicks & for making excellent posts on pearl jam
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    chadwick wrote:
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    RK, I would not worry about getting in your car, but I don't think I would venture to Chadwick's. and I might make an exception for road trips (also love) but I try to stay away from messy or smelly snacks (muffins, crackers, bananas, fish). But the trash has to go at the next gas station.
    my feelings are crushed

like saltines in the glove box
    i have smashed up papers in my glove box & not one single glove

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    driving with elbows....

who amongst us have done this?

raise one finger please.

not that one
    rollings wrote:
    driving with elbows....

raise one finger please.

not that one
    knees & or elbows

finger /

how else would i eat my steak & spinach salad moving on down the road?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    that's the nice thing about a truck

you just toss it into the bed and wait for the wind to blow it out.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

woops, that was so not at all your fault, officer
    chadwick wrote:
    rollings wrote:
    driving with elbows....

raise one finger please.

not that one
    knees & or elbows

finger /

how else would i eat my steak & spinach salad moving on down the road?

fork, knife, cash rewards visa debit card
    81 wrote:

i know of a cook/baker at the store i frequent. her little truck has the following in her truck's bed

2 year old dead house plants
    19 month old can goods (unopened of course)
    7 pounds of fish aquarium rocks & funky glass beads
    16 mt. dew soda pop cans & bottles
    3 magazines (all rained on & weathered all rotten)
    &
    1 rusty wrench

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    chadwick wrote:
    81 wrote:

i know of a cook/baker at the store i frequent. her little truck has the following in her truck's bed

2 year old dead house plants
    19 month old can goods (unopened of course)
    7 pounds of fish aquarium rocks & funky glass beads
    16 mt. dew soda pop cans & bottles
    3 magazines (all rained on & weathered all rotten)
    &
    1 rusty wrench

:lol::lol:

i have

a one inch piece of metal - no idea where it came from - been there for a year or two.
    one dum dum sucker, cream soda

these are facts
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

i have

a one inch piece of metal - no idea where it came from - been there for a year or two.

these are facts
    81 is a hero to many

keep up the good work my champion

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    edited July 2013
    in the city of chicago, il & gary, in

many have spent shell casing & mcdonalds food wrappers & containers in the cars

thank you

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Ketchup on a cup lid is amateur. Dennis Reynolds rolls with a whole bowl of cereal.

tumblr_mldp18eTv41r7h8szo1_500.gif

:lol::lol::lol:
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Hey Will....I think we found someone that hates more things than you do! :shock:

Contrary to popular belief
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    PRL1JAM wrote:

I know somebody whose passenger once puked against the front shield. Yes, from inside the car. Aaaahhh ... I don't know what they did. But I know when my sister was really tiny, she once took a dump on the passenger seat when we were waiting in the car for my Mom to return from the supermarket. We couldn't use the car for a while and the seat had to be changed. Not an easy thing to do in GDR. Funny thing was, my Mom was happy that she didn't shit her pants :lol:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    PRL1JAM wrote:

I actually have those rubber floor mats:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgFsWsefRUupIN9xj1ZE9N6U-Ti0DFiTFZArP-Fqn4KTNKEJT_Kw

when I get somewhere, I pick up the floor mat-carefully- and dump out the liquid.

(though I have to admit, I'm a nerdy recycle-er...my trash can is usually filled with cans and water bottles...I can't stand not recycling them :oops: )
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Ketchup on a cup lid is amateur. Dennis Reynolds rolls with a whole bowl of cereal.

tumblr_mldp18eTv41r7h8szo1_500.gif

:lol::lol::lol:

60162295?size=220x124
    81 wrote:

i have

these are facts

You have a cream soda Dum Dum sucker in the bed of your truck? That's the most random and funny thing I have heard in some time! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    How long has it been in there? :lol:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PRL1JAM wrote:

I actually have those rubber floor mats:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgFsWsefRUupIN9xj1ZE9N6U-Ti0DFiTFZArP-Fqn4KTNKEJT_Kw

when I get somewhere, I pick up the floor mat-carefully- and dump out the liquid.

(though I have to admit, I'm a nerdy recycle-er...my trash can is usually filled with cans and water bottles...I can't stand not recycling them :oops: )

me... if i don't recycle something i feel terrible so i always recycle & i go above & beyond the norm to recycle. iowa is not known for recycling either. im like the unusual resident iowan & i love it because i am green

all the trash in my car gets recycled & does not get thrown into the gas station trash cans

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:

me... if i don't recycle something i feel terrible so i always recycle & i go above & beyond the norm to recycle. iowa is not known for recycling either. im like the unusual resident iowan & i love it because i am green

all the trash in my car gets recycled & does not get thrown into the gas station trash cans

When I lived in Iowa City it was super convenient to recycle, though I suppose rural Iowa may be different.

Recycling beer cans and bottles was a staple for most of my friends in college. Head on over to HyVee, turn 'em in and buy more beer! :D
    I'd save my cans and bottles and give them to a homeless guy who would turn them in for cash. I figured, the guy could use the money, saved him from digging around in dumpsters, and it's still being recycled.
    mca47 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

When I lived in Iowa City it was super convenient to recycle, though I suppose rural Iowa may be different.

Recycling beer cans and bottles was a staple for most of my friends in college. Head on over to HyVee, turn 'em in and buy more beer! :D
    I'd save my cans and bottles and give them to a homeless guy who would turn them in for cash. I figured, the guy could use the money, saved him from digging around in dumpsters, and it's still being recycled.

nicely done!

those are 5 cent deposits. case of beer gets you your $1.20 back. where i am now living this is the only recycling most folks are doing. assholes irritate me. out goes all the recyclable trash in their cars

i don't believe i knew you lived here. fantastic! you weren't born here tho were you? iowans have filthy ass cars or pick up trucks... lots of cow shit & hog shit out this way. we enjoy a nice farm looking vehicle full of garbage & animal waste

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:

nicely done!

those are 5 cent deposits. case of beer gets you your $1.20 back. where i am now living this is the only recycling most folks are doing. assholes irritate me. out goes all the recyclable trash in their cars

i don't believe i knew you lived here. fantastic! you weren't born here tho were you? iowans have filthy ass cars or pick up trucks... lots of cow shit & hog shit out this way. we enjoy a nice farm looking vehicle full of garbage & animal waste

Yeah, in most places it really isn't difficult to recycle. Really no excuse not to. In those rural places, it definitely takes more effort but it is still an obligation that everyone (IMO) should do. Bunch of selfish, lazy bastards is what they are!

I grew up in the Chicago area, then went to school in Iowa City. Lived there for 5 years. Best 5 years of my life! I really miss Iowa....great place to live!
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    chadwick wrote:
    in the city of chicago, il & gary, in

many have spent shell casing & mcdonalds food wrappers & containers in the cars

thank you

Man, your eating big-ass salad with a credit card story kicks ass.

:lol::lol::lol::clap: :crazy:
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1