Eating in the car...

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'm still finding stuff from the MT trip
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    I see people driving in the morning to work all the time eating a damn banana. I don't mind bananas, but I never would eat one in my car as I am driving. Just seems like it would be impossible to not get some of that banana scent on your steering wheel, regardless of how careful you are. Witnessed the two scoop ice cream guy as well. Driving with one hand, the other hand licking two scoops of rocky road. To hell with that. I love ice cream but I ain't going to eat a double scooped cone in my car.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    PRL1JAM wrote:
    I see people driving in the morning to work all the time eating a damn banana. I don't mind bananas, but I never would eat one in my car as I am driving. Just seems like it would be impossible to not get some of that banana scent on your steering wheel, regardless of how careful you are. Witnessed the two scoop ice cream guy as well. Driving with one hand, the other hand licking two scoops of rocky road. To hell with that. I love ice cream but I ain't going to eat a double scooped cone in my car.
    is banana scent on a steering wheel (or any thing else) a terrible thing?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    chadwick wrote:
    PRL1JAM wrote:
    is banana scent on a steering wheel (or any thing else) a terrible thing?

not a terrible thing at all. I just have never liked the smell to be honest.
    what about the thick pungent aroma of skunky marijuana in one's car?
    "fuck! i hope the cop doesn't smell this"

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    As I drive rental cars more often than my own, I rarely will accept a rental car with more than 10,000 miles. Not that there is anything wrong with the cars themselves...it's just the 20-30 other people who drove it before me.
    The rental places can only clean so much before they flip them back into service. I've seen LOTS of sick, disgusting things in rental cars...mostly from people eating/drinking in them.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I have a sudden urge to break into mca's car and smoke...smoke an entire pack of cigarettes and then run away.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I have a sudden urge to break into mca's car and smoke...smoke an entire pack of cigarettes and then run away.

and eat 14 blueberry muffins
    RKCNDY wrote:
    im broke most of the time but i would pay straight up real money to watch this. i'll even hand you some fine soft serve ice cream to grub on whilst the arizona heat roars... better fire up the ac & the sticky icky

whose pizza box is that in the backseat?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    norm wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

:lol:

the whole muffin thing

& norm
    slay me

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    norm wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

ooohhh! even better! I should take one of you with me as well, then we can stuff our faces with blueberry muffins, crank the PJ, and sing along...with our mouths full.

Leave the wrappers under the seat...:shh:

need to work on getting glitter in there too..."whee! glitter!"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQOi6xb5ijq7fM9hooD7vJGHoOmaVzVpltK61L1t2jsZL5M97A
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    I'm with MCA, can't stand the idea of all of that trash, smell, grease in my car. I do always have a drink though, with a lid.
    I win.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    norm wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

and you just know.....some fat person rented the car before MCA got it....and you know......YOU KNOW...that person squished the stuffing out of the seat and debalnced the shocks and over taxed the engine
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Well, if any of you are going to Wrigley, I'll tell you exactly where my rental is parked. You can go to town on it! :lol:
    If you are every in these parts I can only imagine the convo.
    *Ring ring*
    "Hello, Scottsdale Police Department, how can I help you?"
    "Um yeah, so there are two people who broke into my car who are just sitting there, smoking and eating blueberry muffins..."
    "Excuse me, you say they broke into your car and are doing what?"
    "Eating muffins and smoking."
    "Sir, is this for real because you know it's a criminal offense to..."
    "Oh, it's very real, I can see them!"
    "Do you know these people?"
    "Never met them!"
    "Can you describe them to me?"
    "Yeah, well...one is in the front covered in glitter and the other is in the back with a pee jug."
    *Click*
    "Hello?"

:lol::lol:
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    I'm with MCA, can't stand the idea of all of that trash, smell, grease in my car. I do always have a drink though, with a lid.

I don't leave trash in my car :? shit, it's not like if I was going to give you a ride you'd have to worry about if you had to put a newspaper on the seat before you sat down.

I have a proper trash can in my car, it has a liner, I empty it when it's full. If I eat fast food in my car, I make sure to toss the grease bag as soon as possible (99% of the time, it's the same day). Always have a stash of paper napkins, hand sanitizer, good smelly spray, and a minimum of 3 vanilla trees in the car. if there is a spill, I wipe it up right away.

Road trips and eating in your car go hand in hand. I ♥ Road Trips!

- Christopher McCandless
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    Thank you!!!

Yeah, if I go to Starbucks, I ask them not to fill it to the top. Gotta provide some sloshing room. The speed bumps out here are BRUTAL. *Bump*...car covered in scalding coffee! :x
    RKCNDY wrote:
    hgpjam11 wrote:

I don't leave trash in my car :? shit, it's not like if I was going to give you a ride you'd have to worry about if you had to put a newspaper on the seat before you sat down.

I have a proper trash can in my car, it has a liner, I empty it when it's full. If I eat fast food in my car, I make sure to toss the grease bag as soon as possible (99% of the time, it's the same day). Always have a stash of paper napkins, hand sanitizer, good smelly spray, and a minimum of 3 vanilla trees in the car. if there is a spill, I wipe it up right away.

Masking the smell of garbage? That's like spraying cologne to cover BO, or Lysol to "cover up" a stinky poop! The two together make it worse! :lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    Well, if any of you are going to Wrigley, I'll tell you exactly where my rental is parked. You can go to town on it! :lol:
    *Ring ring*
    "Um yeah, so there are two people who broke into my car who are just sitting there, smoking and eating blueberry muffins..."
    "Never met them!"
    "Yeah, well...one is in the front covered in glitter and the other is in the back with a pee jug."
    *Click*
    "Hello?"

haha in the back w/ a pee jug

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    mca47 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    hgpjam11 wrote:

Masking the smell of garbage? That's like spraying cologne to cover BO, or Lysol to "cover up" a stinky poop! The two together make it worse! :lol:

no...smelly spray is to mask the smell of things that are smoked in the car...duh.

- Christopher McCandless
  • KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    dankind wrote:
    There is a mass grave of Annie's orange bunny crackers between the driver's seat and the the center console.

Damn kids!

I don't even know how she got the dead bunnies wedged in there from her car seat in the back.

OMG you've been in my minivan!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
    edited July 2013
    mca47 would not get within 97 yards of my lincoln

my trunk... "holy toledo, chadwick" do you really keep a blown out tire in your trunk that actually still holds air but is completely torn apart? yes i do. it is my lucky charm as it allowed me to travel 20 miles to a walmart for a new tire as i did not have a jack in my trunk at that time because i am an ass. literally well over 18 inches of tred was flapping on each rotation only after the explosion & the flab of tred was going the same direction the wheel was rolling.

shoulder of the highway at 13 mph, hazards on, me amazed, blown apart tire holding 32 pounds of air & 20 miles later = friggin miracle

my plan was & still is to paint the tire blue & throw it out into my yard & set a television set on it
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    i once worked like 14 hrs driving & picking up all sorts of bullshit for the load, drove my rear end off. bought a big ass salad to go but forgot a fork. i ate my large ass salad with my credit card & hands as i drove down the way. im a surviving son of a b.........

Holy fuck that was ingenious!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

chadwick wrote:
    i once worked like 14 hrs driving & picking up all sorts of bullshit for the load, drove my rear end off. bought a big ass salad to go but forgot a fork. i ate my large ass salad with my credit card & hands as i drove down the way. im a surviving son of a b.........

Holy fuck that was ingenious!
    i have a long list of other ingenious stories i will share once i am paid $600,000 a day like the candy game

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    mca47 wrote:
    *Ring ring*
    "Never met them!"
    *Click*
    "Hello?"

10 bucks says this exact scenario has happened in florida
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    mca47 wrote:
    *Ring ring*
    "Never met them!"
    *Click*
    "Hello?"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    mca tells the best stories :lol:

I want some stories, but I can't afford $600k.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

I want some stories, but I can't afford $600k.

Talk about muffins

he'll be around

and probably will tell a story
    RKCNDY wrote:
    norm wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

ooohhh! even better! I should take one of you with me as well, then we can stuff our faces with blueberry muffins, crank the PJ, and sing along...with our mouths full.

Leave the wrappers under the seat...:shh:

need to work on getting glitter in there too..."whee! glitter!"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQOi6xb5ijq7fM9hooD7vJGHoOmaVzVpltK61L1t2jsZL5M97A

Fuck glitter
  • hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    RKCNDY wrote:
    hgpjam11 wrote:

RK, I would not worry about getting in your car, but I don't think I would venture to Chadwick's. and I might make an exception for road trips (also love) but I try to stay away from messy or smelly snacks (muffins, crackers, bananas, fish). But the trash has to go at the next gas station.
    I win.