Options

Bern, Switzerland!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Good as in expensive 5 star good, or good as in a good deal. I found a room somewhere fairly close to the venue. Its good as in a good deal for Switzerland anyway. If you are interested, I can get you the name of the place when I get home. My girlfriend and I are going from Portland. Must help out a fellow pacific northwesterner!
    Thanks! We finally booked in the Jardin, but can change it if you have better info. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Off I Go.Off I Go. Posts: 204
    Good as in expensive 5 star good, or good as in a good deal. I found a room somewhere fairly close to the venue. Its good as in a good deal for Switzerland anyway. If you are interested, I can get you the name of the place when I get home. My girlfriend and I are going from Portland. Must help out a fellow pacific northwesterner!
    Hi there! I would be really grateful if you could give me the name of the place you are staying ,I am too looking for a place to stay near the venue and that is reasonably priced!!!
    The waiting drove me mad!!!
  • Options
    Anybody have any info on places to stay near Bern arena???please!!!!
    3 months tomorrow until the day!!!
  • Options
    Off I Go! wrote:
    Anybody have any info on places to stay near Bern arena???please!!!!
    3 months tomorrow until the day!!!
    Bump for you. It's hard finding places isn't it? We finally booked into the Jardin, but not sure where it is exactly. Google and mapquest didn't like the Bern arena much lol. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    This is where we are staying:

http://www.marthahaus.ch/e/index.html

This is the email response we received:

Subject: Re: How far from Bern Arena?
    Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 16:55:29 +0200

Dear Ms Hunt

We thank you for the mail from this morning.

You can reach the Bern Arena from our hotel by tram in about 10 minutes. Or
    you can also walk, then it's about 15 - 20 minutes.

If you have more quesitons please do not hesitate to write us.

best regards,
    Hotel - Pension Marthahaus

Martina Kellerhals
    Gorge
  • Options
    Hi everone !!Thanks very much for your replies.Ive just had an email from my brother and he says hes found a backpackers place called "Landhaus".
    I dont know how far it is from the arena --but shall find out in due course!!!
    So we are all booked up and READY TO GO!!!!!!!
  • Options
    contorecontore Norway Posts: 22
    You can find some good links to hotels in Bern if you go to wikipedia and search for 'Bern'.
    Alright fine! I'll link you guys:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bern &

http://wikitravel.org/en/Berne
    Paris 2006 - Bern 06 - Oslo 12 - Trieste 14 - Vienna 14 - Berlin 14 - Stockholm 14 - Oslo 14
  • Options
    contore wrote:
    You can find some good links to hotels in Bern if you go to wikipedia and search for 'Bern'.
    Alright fine! I'll link you guys:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bern &

http://wikitravel.org/en/Berne
    I actually found tons of hotels in Bern/Berne (which is correct btw?). The problem, for me at least, was trying to figure out how close they were to the venue/arena. When I tried mapquest or other sites for the Bern Arena and hotels, I couldn't get the two matched. Thanks for the links though. :)
  • Options
    The back packer place "Lanhaus"we are staying in, is a 10 minute walk or a 3 minute drive from the venue!!!!! I am really over excited just thinking about it!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    porch4294porch4294 Posts: 123
    We're trying to finalize our flights, so I have a question for anyone that may know...

I've read on here we could fly out of Zurich, Geneva or Basel. We need to leave the morning after the concert and the only flights available back to Atlanta leave out of Zurich at 10:10 or out of Geneva at 9:50.

I assume we'll take the train from Bern to Geneva or Zurich and I've tried to look-up timetables online, but it's not be too clear - not sure if the train station is near the airport and if we'd have enough time to make these.

Anyone know how long it'd take to get to these airports from Bern?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    porch4294 wrote:
    We're trying to finalize our flights, so I have a question for anyone that may know...

I've read on here we could fly out of Zurich, Geneva or Basel. We need to leave the morning after the concert and the only flights available back to Atlanta leave out of Zurich at 10:10 or out of Geneva at 9:50.

I assume we'll take the train from Bern to Geneva or Zurich and I've tried to look-up timetables online, but it's not be too clear - not sure if the train station is near the airport and if we'd have enough time to make these.

Anyone know how long it'd take to get to these airports from Bern?
    Thanks!
    Zurich is far closer to Berne by train you're looking at about 2.5 hours to the city, then another 20/30 mins to the airport.
    You won't get a direct flight to the states from Basel cuz it only a tiny airport, as with Berne.

Geneve-Berne by train is a f**king nightmare and would never advise it...
  • Options
    porch4294porch4294 Posts: 123
    Zurich is far closer to Berne by train you're looking at about 2.5 hours to the city, then another 20/30 mins to the airport.
    You won't get a direct flight to the states from Basel cuz it only a tiny airport, as with Berne.

Geneve-Berne by train is a f**king nightmare and would never advise it...

Awesome. Thanks for the input! We'll book out of Zurich.
  • Options
    strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    2 Yankees from the left coast of America (Oregon to be specific) will be there! 1st ever trip to Europe. We're flying to Munich, dipping down to Innsbruck, Austria then through Zurich to Bern for the show. Hoping to get into Italy for a show or two also but we don't have any tickets, only 10C GA tickets for Bern. I like the whole idea of camping in the alps but can't really figure out how to bring enough gear on the plane to actually camp with. I also like the idea of a meet up before the show. I have no idea where to go in Bern or anywhere else in Switzerland so if anyone has a suggestion of somewhere reasonably close to the venue, that would be great!

AWESOME! I am from Portland too! Studying in Germany for a year and as Pearl Jam is only playing one show in Berlin (way far away), I think I might look into going to Bern. I would be taking the train into Berlin and it would be fun maybe to meet some other Pearl Jam fans in a pub somewhere for a beer or two. Also I looked into a Youth Hostel and it was pretty inexpensive for a quad room. Maybe $30 with exchange rates.

Does someone still have a Ten Club ticket to sell?
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • Options
    Lets Keep this thread going!!!!
    I just had to post a copy of this mail I had from my brother----I think Ive converted him even before the show!!!!!!!
    "Hi Shirl,
    Just got the latest PJ album----FANTASTIC with a capital F!!!!!!!!!!!.
    I love it.Its the best album I've heard for ages.What are your favourite tracks?I like them all.I hope they play lots from it in Switzerland!Getting closer only 70 days to wait now!!"

Its the first PJ album hes invested in (never too late!) and it will be his first show!!! It will be so much fun for us. The waiting until September is
    !!!!!! I must be patient and enjoy it!!!!!
  • Options
    olikatieolikatie Posts: 62
    1996: Zürich - 2000: Zürich - 2006: Marseille, Paris & Berne
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    So where is everyone staying?

Would like to be staying in a place with other fans...
  • Options
    andychandych Posts: 130
    likewise,
    i am counting the days,this will be my first PJ gig and i am dying here .)
    dead head

Bern 13/9/06
  • Options
    olikatie wrote:

That place is too expensive for me. We're staying at

http://www.marthahaus.ch/e/index.html

...I think

We don't have reservations yet, but this is where we are leaning towards.]

To the guy in Germany...I would love to meet up with a fellow portlander in Bern. Lets stay in touch...let me know if you get a ticket. My gf and I are going together, so both of my 10C seats are gone....good luck finding 1.

Enjoy the World Cup Sunday!!!!!
    Gorge
  • Options
    BriskBrisk Posts: 84
    http://berne.gtahotels.com/searchhotel.php?searchid=QA-44803497&sort=0&Page=0

We're gonna stay at one of the first 3. Anyone else booked up here? I slightly favour the 4 star one.
  • Options
    Yeah if I get tickets it will be from normal ticketing venues. Not from 10 Club. I am still working out money but I still hope this works. I would love to meet up with people before the show, that would be really cool!
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • Options
    Okay I bought my ticket. Also looked into a reservation for a single room at that martha place.
  • Options
    You lucky people, getting a hotel across the road.... I'm gonna have to drive back to Basel after the gig (70km)
  • Options
    andychandych Posts: 130
    shall we all arrange to meet up in bern before and after the gig?,this would be so cool.
    i live just outside luzern and could do some kind of recce..
    anyone?..
    email me

bigusboidus@gmail.com
    dead head

Bern 13/9/06
  • Options
    I plan on getting to Bern by about noon or so. So I could hang out before the show. I also plan on spending some or most of the next day there before returning to Stuttgart.
  • Options
    GhostChileGhostChile Posts: 1,128
    Hi everyone!!

Can someone put some outside pics of the venue? I would love to see how it looks like . im making a collage of all the venues im going to. (I already saw those of the inside of the venue).

Cheers!
    Mexico City 17/7/2003 Mexico City 18/7/2003 Mexico City 19/7/2003 Santiago Chile 22/11/2005 Santiago Chile 23/11/2005 Buenos Aires Argentina 13/11/2011 Santiago Chile 16/11/2011 Lima Perú 18/11/2011 Sao Paulo Brasil 31/3/2013 Buenos Aires Argentina 03/4/2013 Santiago Chile 06/5/2013 Santiago Chile 4/11/2015 Buenos Aires Argentina 7/11/2015 Porto Alegre Brasil 11/11/2015 Sao Paulo Brasil 14/11/2015 Brasilia Brasil 17/11/2015 Belo Horizonte Brasil 20/11/2015 Rio de Janeiro Brasil 22/11/2015 Bogota Colombia 25/11/2015 Mexico City 28/11/2015 Ft. Lauderdale, FL 8/4/2016 Miami, FL 9/4/2016 Tampa, FL 11/4/2016 Santiago Chile 13/3/2018 Santiago Chile 16/3/2018 Rome Italy 26/6/2018 Prague Czech Republic 1/7/2018 Krakow Poland 3/7/2018 Berlin Germany 5/7/2018 Barcelona Spain 10/7/2018 Dana Point, CA 1/10/2021 Dana Point, CA 2/10/2021 Seattle, WA 28/05/2024 Seattle, WA 30/05/2024
  • Options
    GhostChile wrote:
    Hi everyone!!

Can someone put some outside pics of the venue? I would love to see how it looks like . im making a collage of all the venues im going to. (I already saw those of the inside of the venue).

Cheers!

Pretty unimaginative, to be honest, nothing like Verona or Pistoia

http://www.sportamt-bern.ch/Portals/25/Seamless.Album/1251/a.jpg

http://www.strahm-ag.ch/homepix/bern_arena.jpg

http://archiv.hockeyfans.ch/teams/bern/stadion5.jpg
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    strilo wrote:
    I plan on getting to Bern by about noon or so. So I could hang out before the show. I also plan on spending some or most of the next day there before returning to Stuttgart.
    I'll make the trip from Mannheim and I'll drive home after the gig. I start thinking that it's a bit far for a one day trip...
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    Dercheef wrote:
    I'll make the trip from Mannheim and I'll drive home after the gig. I start thinking that it's a bit far for a one day trip...

Mannheim?!?!?!?!

And I thought Rheinfelden was a long way.

Have we decided on a meet place yet??
  • Options
    Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    Bern is an amazing city.

I'd love to go back some day.