Options

Bern, Switzerland!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    hi all...i need to tickets general admission...anyone selling them?im from portugal...but ill be in swiss one week
    im also selling my 2 tenclub tickets for the athens concerts because i cant go to greece...
    answer to my email
    jvenade@hotmail.com
  • Options
    grüezi :)
    just a quick (probably stupid) question for the swiss jammers...
    we're coming down from germany just for the day and i'd like to know if most places accept EUR or only SFr (you know, for things like parking and drinks etc)...
    or do you think it's just generally a better idea to exchange some money to the local currency?
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
  • Options
    andychandych Posts: 130
    You cant use Euro anywhere here,perhaps maybe in a hotel but everywhere else is CHF.
    dead head

Bern 13/9/06
  • Options
    in case anyone wants a sneak look at the whereabouts of the arena on google earth

46°57'31.50"N (latitude)

7°28'3.39"E (longitude)
    dead head

Bern 13/9/06
  • Options
    psycosmic wrote:
    we're coming down from germany just for the day and i'd like to know if most places accept EUR or only SFr (you know, for things like parking and drinks etc)...
    or do you think it's just generally a better idea to exchange some money to the local currency?

Very good question! I think I would have forgotten it ^^
    13/9/06: Bern
    12/6/07: Munich
    23/6/07: Southside Festival
  • Options
    Off I Go! wrote:
    I got 10c tickets and at the time it said it was a seated venue, but it seems now its been changed to general admission I am dissapointed because at the time I could still have got tickets for elsewhere --Milan or Paris etc Im travelling all the way from Japan to the UK ,and my father tells me Switzerland is very expensive so Im feeling a bit worried ,I wouldnt have minded the extra expence if I could have used my 10c number 176**He,He,He!!!!to get a good seat Now I am going to have to run like mad in the first 15 mins!!! to get to the front --never done that before!!! Its a good job Im a fit 53 year old ----Bit worried about the knees though --they are a bit rough after several accidents!!!!the waiting and excitement is killing me!!!!!

I bet those knees won't feel a day over 30 once the PJ adrenalin starts evenflowing!!! You'll get a spring in your step the closer you get to show time. Something tells me this show is going to be special. Hail Hail to those lucky enough to be there!!
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    psycosmic wrote:

Hi,

Change some money to Swiss francs!!
    1996: Zürich - 2000: Zürich - 2006: Marseille, Paris & Berne
  • Options
    spearhead wrote:
    I bet those knees won't feel a day over 30 once the PJ adrenalin starts evenflowing!!! You'll get a spring in your step the closer you get to show time. Something tells me this show is going to be special. Hail Hail to those lucky enough to be there!!
    Thanks for the encouragement there!!! The excitement Im feeling and the build up so overpowering !!!I am so glad I have Pearl Jam to give me and so many others so much pleasure!!!
    The waiting drove me mad!!!
  • Options
    man i am starting to get very excited about this bern trip.
    dead head

Bern 13/9/06
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    dam I got my 3 tickets but they arn't 10c :(

we didn't really plan to go to Bern that early on

is there anyone from switzerland going to this show ?
  • Options
    me
    dead head

Bern 13/9/06
  • Options
    andych wrote:
    man i am starting to get very excited about this bern trip.

I'm very excited since I got my tickets 2 months ago ^^ And now I'm extremely excited. 8 days left
    13/9/06: Bern
    12/6/07: Munich
    23/6/07: Southside Festival
  • Options
    we got out tickets the day they went on sale.
    my girlfriend comes home from work and says she has a suprise for my birthday but wont tell me :(..
    after a couple of hours of shining a bright light on her face and doing my best gestapo accent she caves in and shows me the tickets.
    words cant explain how much i freaked out.
    cant wait
    dead head

Bern 13/9/06
  • Options
    andych wrote:
    You cant use Euro anywhere here,perhaps maybe in a hotel but everywhere else is CHF.

cheers, i thought so...
    but someone told me they did pay in euros at some touristic places but i guess you get ripped off anyway if you do this...
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

• Options
    BriskBrisk Posts: 84
    http://www.beaexpo.ch/corporate/index.asp

Does anyone know if the venue is going to be 360 around PJ?
  • Options
    lateralus wrote:
    I'm very excited since I got my tickets 2 months ago ^^ And now I'm extremely excited. 8 days left

i'm glad i'm not the only one who's really excited :D:D:D

EDIT:
    ticket is gone now!
    ~~~

• Options
    anyone know the camera policy?
    dead head

Bern 13/9/06
  • Options
    if that 10c ticket hasn't gone then IF ANYONE HAS GOT ANY SPARE TICKETS 10C OR NON 10C PLEASE PM ME URGENT

THANKS!
  • Options
    psycosmic wrote:
    i'm glad i'm not the only one who's really excited :D:D:D

my only problem is that things didn't quite work out as planned and now i happen to have
    ONE spare TENCLUB ticket
    for sale (face value, of course!)

any takers? anyone still looking for tix?
    we're going to be a group of people and try to be there early so you could meet me in the 10c line on the day of the show to claim the extra ticket...

if it's going to be like most other shows i've been to it should be no problem selling it outside the venue on the day of the show as there's always people looking for tickets, but it's a 10c ticket and i'm not looking for a profit... and basically, i want my ticket to find a good new home with someone who REALLY likes the band :)
    pm me if interested...

still got the spare ticket?
    WANTED: Spare ticket of any of the following: Munich, Katowice, Copenhagen, Duesseldorf.

Please drop a private message.
  • Options
    andych wrote:
    anyone know the camera policy?

no video camera. photo cameras should be ok.
    WANTED: Spare ticket of any of the following: Munich, Katowice, Copenhagen, Duesseldorf.

• Options
    redAPPLE wrote:

sorry, it's gone already...
    ~~~

• Options
    is there still no meetup information? this would be the first time i would not be meeting up with pj friends before or after the show.

anybody know how far away clubs, bars and stuff are between the venue and the train station?

• Options
    its about 10 minutes tram ride to the city centre.
    my hotel is across the street from the venue and if any fans want to join me for a beer then feel free.
    dead head

Bern 13/9/06
  • Options
    andych wrote:
    there is a nice cafe just outside but attached to the central train station in bern so im thinking that could be a cool and umissable place for us all to meet up..will get the name for you all over the next week or so..
    this is great eh?...isnt it great to be alive? ;)

got the name yet? or a good place to meet? 7 more days, eh?

• Options
    andych wrote:
    its about 10 minutes tram ride to the city centre.
    my hotel is across the street from the venue and if any fans want to join me for a beer then feel free.

i hope you got the biggest room in the hotel, don't make such an invitation, if you can't handle a few thousand ;-)

• Options
    hee hee..
    well the plan was to meet there then split to the city centre or the closest place for a couple of beers.
    if anyone is up for a meet then pm me and ill give you the hotel name,probably best not to have 4000 people trying to buy a beer in the hotel bar :)
    dead head

Bern 13/9/06
  • Options
    BriskBrisk Posts: 84
    Is anyone else staying on a bit for a few more days? We're staying until the Saterday:)

Not sure what else to do on those days tho. Perhaps go hiking? Anyone else in the same situation?
  • Options
    redAPPLE wrote:

pm pshycosmic
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 540
    Yeah there is five of us staying till the following tuesday...but we're hightailin it over across the country!

Only a week away! Cant wait.. For those swiss jammers out there will there be a pit at the front of the stage? (like dublin) And what time will people begin queueing?
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    unfortunately, I_Brisk_I can't have my spare 10c ticket...

it's still up for grabs...
    any takers?
    ~~~